Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 06-09-2016 06:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

As a 100% non supporter of either of these teams - the refs have really let the Sharks get away with a lot.

fonzz41 06-09-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458583)
As a 100% non supporter of either of these teams - the refs have really let the Sharks get away with a lot.

That Polak hit had me fuming. As you can imagine.

dmbetc 06-09-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16458593)
That Polak hit had me fuming. As you can imagine.

Immediately thought of you.

fonzz41 06-09-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458613)
Immediately thought of you.

:hug:eiffeltower

barbogast 06-09-2016 07:26 PM

Man I hope the Sharks hold that lead. Let's make some Penns fans nervous!!

fonzz41 06-09-2016 08:01 PM

Here's hoping that Pittsburgh cabbie ended up taking the $6k!

~Crashintome89~ 06-09-2016 08:10 PM

lol penns

jcc522 06-09-2016 08:11 PM

Go Sharks.

~Crashintome89~ 06-09-2016 08:14 PM

oh god, jeep kid is rooting for the sharks?

I don't think so.

Go penns.

kev87lads 06-09-2016 08:19 PM

:lol :lol

Lcsulla 06-09-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458583)

I think the Pens get away with more, refs and media blowing smoke up their asses the entire series.

Well played game and I am happy with the outcome. Now back to the Shark Tank for game 6 where they have been playing great and will hopefully force a game 7 and I'd love to see the Sharks win it in the Pens arena just to rub salt in their wounds and send the crowd home disappointed! :)

coldengrey12 06-09-2016 08:22 PM

Bay Area teams love being down 3-1! ;)

Says the dude bandwagoning for the Sharks and the Dubs

barbogast 06-09-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16458708)
oh god, jeep kid is rooting for the sharks?

I don't think so.

Go penns.

Still can't. Go Sharks

Dramageek 06-09-2016 08:38 PM

Well, it was still fun being in the insane masses. Finish it up on Sunday, Pens!

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16458718)
I think the Pens get away with more, refs and media blowing smoke up their asses the entire series.

Well played game and I am happy with the outcome. Now back to the Shark Tank for game 6 where they have been playing great and will hopefully force a game 7 and I'd love to see the Sharks win it in the Pens arena just to rub salt in their wounds and send the crowd home disappointed! :)

Not sure how you watch that game and say the Pens get away with more :lol

Again, that game doesn't worry me at all. Pens outplayed the sharks for the majority. Jones stole that one for sure.

Emotions were running high. Pens will take a more business like approach Sunday.

fonzz41 06-09-2016 09:09 PM

Sharks played very well, but agree that Jones was the reason the Pens aren't celebrating right now.

The Vlasic/Crosby matchup has been so underrated this series. They've kinda neutralized each other while still playing pretty flawlessly. Fun to see it kinda boil over there at the end.

salrx95 06-10-2016 03:51 AM

So the Sharks set a record for road wins in a season last night. Now they just need to figure out a way to get one more.

Sorry for all that disappointment in here last night. I saw that crazy amount of people outside Consol before the game.

bartender_man 06-10-2016 03:56 AM

Proud of the Sharks again. I don't see us winning the series still but it's been a fantastic run this playoffs and nice to dismiss the "choke" tag after some terrible defeats in recent years

bartender_man 06-10-2016 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 16458705)
Go Sharks.

Only post of yours I've ever liked :thumbsup

TMoore4075 06-10-2016 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16458683)

I was thinking the same thing last night.

Pens were better last night but Jones saved them. If Sharks win the series, Jones is MVP for me. Little Joe has had a great playoff but has been silent in this series. For Pens, MVP has become blurry to me. Murray gave up a couple bad ones last night, Crosby silent on the score sheet and Phil played well but didn't score. Crosby by default not knowing how guys play and who wins game 6.

TMoore4075 06-10-2016 04:48 AM

Also last night is why you can't just blinding use analytics to try and talk sports, especially hockey. There are too many variables in hockey and Jones was it last night. Shot attempts were 76-36 or something....wow. And before the couple of corsi is everything people chime in, I'm saying you can't just use analytics because that doesn't account for a hot goalie, a deflected shot or a goalie giving up a red line shot. You can't quantify those things.

Lcsulla 06-10-2016 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16458735)
Not sure how you watch that game and say the Pens get away with more :lol

Again, that game doesn't worry me at all. Pens outplayed the sharks for the majority. Jones stole that one for sure.

Emotions were running high. Pens will take a more business like approach Sunday.

Sorry, I meant in terms of the 5 games combined when I said the Pens are getting away with more, not last night.

I agree - Jones was a rock last night, almost any other goalie and you guys are planning a parade route today.

I can imagine the Pens emotions were running high, tough not to in bug games at any level.

I didn't mean to come off as an ass, I was happy the Sharks won, happy the series is not going to be a blowout, happy for my little brother and basically just posted what popped into my head - no offense was intended.

TMoore4075 06-10-2016 06:36 AM

The great one before The Great One, Mr. Hockey has passed away. In a way relieved as he was a shell of himself the last few years.

bradshaw06 06-10-2016 06:41 AM

Dunno how the pens are 'getting away with more.' The sharks have been doing the ole clutch and grab, interference, and tackle guys all series. It has been the only way they can slow pens down.

BeyondKnight 06-10-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16458683)

Surprisingly though, I think that seeing that game in person might have been worth it! Its funny because I feel like the series is over now, but I think its just emotional fatigue.

Gotta rest up for Sunday night.

salrx95 06-10-2016 06:56 AM

At work but breaking news that Mr Hockey, Gordie Howe. The hockey world mourns the loss of a giant and a legend .

fonzz41 06-10-2016 07:12 AM

Last night I dreamt the Sharks won game 6 6-3. Let's see how on par my prophetic skills are.

Of course, I had taken a lorotab before bed, so....

Also, while it wasn't completely unexpected, it always stings a little to lose an icon like Gordie Howe. He changed the game as a player and was nothing but class and smiles during his post-playing years. It seemed There was always an air of positivity around him, and that kind of personality will be missed.

TMoore4075 06-10-2016 07:15 AM

Love seeing all the teams twitter pages acknowledging him.

Lcsulla 06-10-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16458950)
Dunno how the pens are 'getting away with more.' The sharks have been doing the ole clutch and grab, interference, and tackle guys all series. It has been the only way they can slow pens down.

It has been very close and it appears the refs are stuffing their whistles in their pocket more times than usual. The grabbing and tackling do not bug me that much as a former defensive player, what I did notice is that it appears the Pens are getting away with more hooking, slashing, spearing and cross checking that bother me more. As for interference, that is a complete judgement call so it is tough for me to complain about the refs and honestly I think both teams have done their fair share of it and largely gotten away with it.

barbogast 06-10-2016 07:24 AM

RIP Gordie. How sad. Terrible loss