Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 04-29-2016 06:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-players-associ...nsion-1.480529

Welcome the Las Vegas Craps....

wampa3 04-29-2016 06:29 AM

Good game yesterday. Pens played well until OT and then they lost their patience. Rushing the puck, not maintaining control, and just trying to clear the puck out of the zone. Overall played panicked with no pace. I'm confident they'll be able to address that and Game 2 will be another hard fought battle.

My biggest concern at the moment is Maatta. Woof, pretty rough game for him. Might make sense to bring in Shultz or Pouliot to spell him next game. He clearly seems to be hurting as he looks like he's skating in mud.

barbogast 04-29-2016 06:39 AM

I'm really not into expansion at all. The more I hear about it the more I'm turned off by the idea. Unfortunately it seems pretty certain at this point.

mthawk07 04-29-2016 06:48 AM

Yeah why does the NHL need to expand? Silly idea if you ask me.

TMoore4075 04-29-2016 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16393193)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

I think that's the best answer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to happen. The league is as strong as it's been in a forever and they have young talent coming along with McDavid, Eichel, Matthews and so on and that'll make some of the crappy teams better. Adding another team could hurt but it's about the $$. Expansion fee plus while I'm not keen on the idea of hockey in Vegas you could really grow the game if you do it right plus the NHL wants to get there before the NBA does. The first pro team there will have a big advantage.

Dramageek 04-29-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16393198)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

I think that's the best answer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to happen. The league is as strong as it's been in a forever and they have young talent coming along with McDavid, Eichel, Matthews and so on and that'll make some of the crappy teams better. Adding another team could hurt but it's about the $$. Expansion fee plus while I'm not keen on the idea of hockey in Vegas you could really grow the game if you do it right plus the NHL wants to get there before the NBA does. The first pro team there will have a big advantage.

Pretty much all of this. I really don't think the NHL needs to expand, either, but hey, if there's a buck to be made...

The sting from last night's loss is wearing off a bit. The Pens didn't play horribly. Despite mistakes, they still put three pucks past Holtby. Murray stopped two Ovechkin breakaways. The Haeglin-Bonino-Kessel line shined. However, Maatta needs to play better. And I really hope Kunitz is ok. Bleeding profusely from your ear never seems to be a good thing.

The Caps are a great team. Backstrom is a spectacular hockey player. But the Pens are pretty damned good, too. Bring on game 2!

TMoore4075 04-29-2016 07:23 AM

The NMC of the expansion draft rules had me curious and I'm reading stuff now and apparently they can't be moved if they have a NMC but it doesn't give detail. Do they go on your protected list because of the NMC cause that would fuck over some teams. And what about a NTC? The NTC doesn't stop you from being sent to the AHL so wouldn't this kinda fall under the same area?

hailtopitt 04-29-2016 07:32 AM

if Tom Wilson doesn't get 5 games i'll riot

hailtopitt 04-29-2016 07:34 AM

otherwise a great game by clearly the 2 best teams in the East

Pens only have to split in DC and they played just fine last night...good job by the Caps and especially Holtby. but i don't see Oshie scoring 3 every night

Pens PK was ON FIRE...keep that up and we'll have a competetive series

Lcsulla 04-29-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16393193)

Agreed. However, if they must expand give us back a team in Hartford! Not that I would switch from the Hawks but it would be nice to be able to attend a game relatively close to me. If I want to go to a game I have to either take a train/cab combo to MSG, drive almost 2 hours to see an Islanders game or drive 2+ hours to see a Bruins game. Getting a flight, hotel and tickets just is not feasible for me financially at this point.

barbogast 04-29-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16393259)

Unfortunately I don't think he'll get 5

hailtopitt 04-29-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16393313)
Unfortunately I don't think he'll get 5

no shit....

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16393259)

Seeing that he's never been suspended before it'll be 1 game, if even gets a call.

Love Willson, and have defended him as a physical clean player who's huge and skates hard, but that hit certainly wasn't clean by any means.

hailtopitt 04-29-2016 08:54 AM

#Garag....nevermind

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 08:57 AM

There have been a couple knee to knee hits this postseason, and non of them have brought on a suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeyondKnight 04-29-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393372)
There have been a couple knee to knee hits this postseason, and non of them have brought on a suspension

Were they all as obviously deliberate as that one was though?

barbogast 04-29-2016 09:07 AM

The Wilson one is clearly flagrant. He should absolutely be suspended for it.

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 09:07 AM

After looking at the hit again, I really don't think he'll be suspended. Sheary embellished the hit SO hard. In Sheary's embellishing of the play he almost sliced Doumolin's face with his skate.

hailtopitt 04-29-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393385)
After looking at the hit again, I really don't think he'll be suspended. Sheary embellished the hit SO hard. In Sheary's embellishing of the play he almost sliced Doumolin's face with his skate.

:lol you're an idiot

barbogast 04-29-2016 09:08 AM

Nah he leads with his knee. Sticks it straight out.

This one's not even close. The fact that there was no penalty is crazy

Dramageek 04-29-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393385)

:lol :lol This is almost as bad as Milbury saying Wilson was trying to play "mind games" with Sheary but extended his leg too far.

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 09:16 AM

The hit was not clean at all, certainly should have been a called a penalty. But if we're going to be consistent, no knee to knee hit has resulted in a suspension so far this postseason. Seeing NHL isn't consistent by any means, who the hell knows what will happen.

barbogast 04-29-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393397)
The hit was not clean at all, certainly should have been a called a penalty. But if we're going to be consistent, no knee to knee hit has resulted in a suspension so far this postseason. Seeing NHL isn't consistent by any means, who the hell knows what will happen.

I don't think I've seen a kneeing example quite as flagrant as this one but actually you do make a fair point

We all know at most he'll get a game maybe two. Possibly nothing.

Dramageek 04-29-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

This I completely agree with. I'd like to see a one game suspension, but who the hell knows what they will do.

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 09:23 AM

Bruce Boudreau canned

TMoore4075 04-29-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393407)
Bruce Boudreau canned

He'll have a job in a week. I think he ends up in Ottawa.

barbogast 04-29-2016 09:28 AM

Damn poor Brucey

Brohan_Santana 04-29-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16393411)
He'll have a job in a week. I think he ends up in Ottawa.

Senators, Avs, Flames all suitable options. I really think he would be a great fit for the Avs

Climb2safety 04-29-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

The fact that he was not hurt means no discipline IMO.

Tom Wilson - if you strike me down I will grow stronger than you can ever imagine

#headgames

TMoore4075 04-29-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16393422)
Senators, Avs, Flames all suitable options. I really think he would be a great fit for the Avs

I forgot about the Wild too.