Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 04-18-2016 09:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Caps are going full curb stomp on the Flyers. Bolts need to pick that shit back up tomorrow night, last night was embarrassing.

rickyh24 04-18-2016 09:49 PM

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...ng-game-three/

Good look.

fonzz41 04-18-2016 09:52 PM

C'mon guys, admit it, when you heard JR talking about the hit on Orlov, you thought of me.

First time in my life that I think I agree with everything JR has said.

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16378542)
C'mon guys, admit it, when you heard JR talking about the hit on Orlov, you thought of me.

First time in my life that I think I agree with everything JR has said.

I don't need JR to think of you. I thought of you all on my own when it happened.

neumdogg 04-18-2016 10:12 PM

In overtime, is it sudden death?

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:13 PM

God damn. Not enough wine for this OT. Yes, I've moved on to wine.

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neumdogg (Post 16378560)
In overtime, is it sudden death?

Yes. First goal in wins.

neumdogg 04-18-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16378561)
God damn. Not enough wine for this OT. Yes, I've moved on to wine.

Ain't nothing wrong with wine.

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neumdogg (Post 16378564)
Ain't nothing wrong with wine.

I know but nothing will calm these nerves.

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:30 PM

https://45.media.tumblr.com/4880540e...4315o1_500.gif

BotheLaneFan 04-18-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16378569)

For this, you deserve to lose.

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:34 PM

Yeahhhhh!!! Yes! Dustin levels a Shark. Gain zone. Score!!!

BotheLaneFan 04-18-2016 10:35 PM

There is no justice.

neumdogg 04-18-2016 10:35 PM

Yaaaaaayyyyy

dmbetc 04-18-2016 10:42 PM

Boom. Vintage Brown.

https://twitter.com/lakings/status/722299038083588096

barbogast 04-19-2016 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16378539)

Wow that final clip where both Simmonds AND Ovechkin are asking the crowd to stop. Yikes.

It sort of seemed like the Flyers wanted to goon it up last night, and they tried, but their goon level was no match for that of their fans

I feel bad for the good Flyer fans out there, what happened last night really was embarrassing. On Ed Snider night at that.

barbogast 04-19-2016 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16378428)
Just catching up on the highlights of the Caps. What a disgrace on the ice and in the stands. Bellemare hit was so bad. He will get multiple games. Then poor Orlov gets his with something in the head just as he returns to the bench. Such shitty fans, though, as always, a small percentage making the masses look real bad. Caps need to dress some goons for next game if any are available to deter the nonsense.

The thing about the Caps is they really don't need goons. They've got Wilson and he's goonish enough on his own. But for the most part their roster is filled with players who can mostly handle themselves when it comes to the physical stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16378461)
I don't think there will be any nonsense. When shit was first thrown on the ice Ovi and Simmers were standing next to each other both with their hands up as if pleading for the fans to stop. Only way I see something happen if Caps come out for revenge instead of just continuing to beat the Flyers down with their size and skill

I agree, and I don't expect the Caps to play into all that. I fully expect the Caps to let the Flyers get in their own way again if that's what they desire to do.

salrx95 04-19-2016 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16378632)
The thing about the Caps is they really don't need goons. They've got Wilson and he's goonish enough on his own. But for the most part their roster is filled with players who can mostly handle themselves when it comes to the physical stuff.

Though I'd generally agree with your assessment, you guys looked to be getting manhandled by Gudas and co during skirmish after the Orlov hit.

A case of the wrong guys being out there maybe but maybe mix up lines a bit if things become a little nuts out there.

barbogast 04-19-2016 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16378646)
Though I'd generally agree with your assessment, you guys looked to be getting manhandled by Gudas and co during skirmish after the Orlov hit.

A case of the wrong guys being out there maybe but maybe mix up lines a bit if things become a little nuts out there.

Nah. Let them goon it up if they want. The Caps can handle that. You're right, it was probably our softest line out there when Bellemare threw that hit, but just because they weren't punching anything wearing the other uniform like Gudas and friends were doesn't mean they can't.

TMoore4075 04-19-2016 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16378648)
Nah. Let them goon it up if they want. The Caps can handle that. You're right, it was probably our softest line out there when Bellemare threw that hit, but just because they weren't punching anything wearing the other uniform like Gudas and friends were doesn't mean they can't.

As a Wings fan, you have got to pick your spots. Wings aren't the toughest team out there and I'd like them to be a little tougher but most of the time they handle themselves smartly. Go out and beat them on the next shift (or game).

Impressed with the Caps win and also the Wild. The way that game started it should have been over. Sharks...well here we go again.

salrx95 04-19-2016 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16377221)

Just wanted to go back to this. I'm rather surprised by this. Another reason I failed to mention in my last post on this is that we often showed up on these, imo, because, if you wanted to get traded to NY, you'd want to go to the Rag$, who ,despite me hating them, recognize they run everything first class.

That said, I'm pretty surprised we are up that high. The players routine for home games are different this year as many live on the Island and so they often take the train in early together on game day for home games but many have said it's not a big deal and that it actually helps them to get focused earlier for the game than when the arena was so close to their home.

barbogast 04-19-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16378668)
Just wanted to go back to this. I'm rather surprised by this. Another reason I failed to mention in my last post on this is that we often showed up on these, imo, because, if you wanted to get traded to NY, you'd want to go to the Rag$, who ,despite me hating them, recognize they run everything first class.

That said, I'm pretty surprised we are up that high. The players routine for home games are different this year as many live on the Island and so they often take the train in early together on game day for home games but many have said it's not a big deal and that it actually helps them to get focused earlier for the game than when the arena was so close to their home.

Can't read that list as I don't have ESPN insider, I assume it's Edmonton at #1?

aeroshady 04-19-2016 05:49 AM

Man the Flyers fans embarrassed themselves last night. What is it with that city?

I feel for the flyers fans that don't do that shit.

Climb2safety 04-19-2016 06:17 AM

‎@jerry_gaul
My favorite part of the game was the Flyers' TV booth wondering if Capitals fans were throwing the wristbands on the ice...
8:50 PM - 18 Apr 2016

SirBobalew 04-19-2016 06:48 AM

Someone just pointed me to Coach's Corner from last night. Grapes blamed both Orlov and Orpik for "not being ready" on the hits that injured them. Basically said the hit on Orlov was Orlov's fault.

SirBobalew 04-19-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16378646)

The Caps are up 3-0 in the series. Why would they mix up their lines? They're not going to do something on the off chance the Flyers decide to start a line brawl.

SirBobalew 04-19-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16378679)
Can't read that list as I don't have ESPN insider, I assume it's Edmonton at #1?

You are correct sir. Jets 2, Islanders 3, #Lumbus 4.

TMoore4075 04-19-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16378769)
Someone just pointed me to Coach's Corner from last night. Grapes blamed both Orlov and Orpik for "not being ready" on the hits that injured them. Basically said the hit on Orlov was Orlov's fault.

There are times where guys turn their backs into players and expose themselves for a hit but Orlov sure as hell wasn't that. He was facing the boards the whole time.

SirBobalew 04-19-2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16378777)
There are times where guys turn their backs into players and expose themselves for a hit but Orlov sure as hell wasn't that. He was facing the boards the whole time.

Yeah, but Cherry probably blames Orlov for being Russian. We all know how Grapes feels about Russians.

hailtopitt 04-19-2016 06:57 AM

:lol Flyers :lol

:lol Philly :lol