Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 06-11-2015 02:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Complaining even after a win? Sounds about right.

Perhaps Teravainen is banged up?

Absolute34 06-11-2015 03:06 PM

Playoff hockey is the best. Really wish I grew up in cold weather climate so hockey could have been a recreational option.

rconverse 06-11-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absolute34 (Post 16006635)
Playoff hockey is the best. Really wish I grew up in cold weather climate so hockey could have been a recreational option.

Pond hockey is great. :thumbsup

Bron Yr Aur 06-11-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16006531)
Oh my god, what do want from the man? Game 2 he had more ice time than Vermette, Sharp, Kruger, Desjardins, and Bickell. The difference between 10 and 13 minutes as a forward can be purely situational.

3 SCF in 6 years, and 5 at least WCF in the last 7 years. What will it take for you, with 0 coaching experience, to just accept that he knows what he's doing?

Chris please spare me this terrible straw man argument yet again. Just because Q has experience, just because he has had past success, doesn't mean he doesn't make some big mistakes sometimes. Obviously Q is a very good coach most of the time; that still doesn't excuse him from playing Bickell over Versteeg, playing Teravainen so little (and benching he and Vermette), etc.

I mean, Jon Cooper keeps rolling out Brendan Morrow so both coaches still make some interesting decisions.

lockman21 06-11-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16006665)
Chris please spare me this terrible straw man argument yet again. Just because Q has experience, just because he has had past success, doesn't mean he doesn't make some big mistakes sometimes. Obviously Q is a very good coach most of the time; that still doesn't excuse him from playing Bickell over Versteeg, playing Teravainen so little (and benching he and Vermette), etc.

I mean, Jon Cooper keeps rolling out Brendan Morrow so both coaches still make some interesting decisions.

Teravvainen isn't playing "so little".

You're obnoxious. The Hawks just tied the Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 led by one of the all time winningest coaches in NHL history, and you're complaining about his coaching choices. Not only that, but now we're throwing in one of the most "up and coming" coaches in the NHL that's almost unanimously loved and praised by people that KNOW hockey.

Your ignorant arrogance knows no bounds. The only reason you think it's a straw man is because it's such an absurd thing for you to say, that the response is so easy and obvious.

I'd start making points, but I know it's pointless. We've been at this for years and you're still sitting here thinking Q sees less than you. It's so hilariously absurd. Q is one of the best hockey minds in the game, and the organization has THE best hockey minds in the game in the Bowman family...and you have the nuts to think you know something they don't. Have you ever heard Scotty Bowman talk hockey? Have you ever heard Q talk puck strategy? These guys make even the smartest guys seem like they know nothing. There's a reason they've been so insanely successful over their careers.

I promise, the second you concede to your ignorance and just sit back and enjoy the Hawks success, it'll be so great. Q knows what he's doing. I don't understand all his choices, but that doesn't mean there isn't a reason for them. Sometimes it's best to just say "maybe after all this success, it's best to defer to his judgment."

JRS1386 06-11-2015 05:41 PM

He is not blackhawk drunk. Life is better when you are blackhawk drunk

Bron Yr Aur 06-11-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16006852)

You're obnoxious. The Hawks just tied the Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 led by one of the all time winningest coaches in NHL history, and you're complaining about his coaching choices. Not only that, but now we're throwing in one of the most "up and coming" coaches in the NHL that's almost unanimously loved and praised by people that KNOW hockey.

Your ignorant arrogance knows no bounds. The only reason you think it's a straw man is because it's such an absurd thing for you to say, that the response is so easy and obvious.

I'd start making points, but I know it's pointless. We've been at this for years and you're still sitting here thinking Q sees less than you. It's so hilariously absurd. Q is one of the best hockey minds in the game, and the organization has THE best hockey minds in the game in the Bowman family...and you have the nuts to think you know something they don't. Have you ever heard Scotty Bowman talk hockey? Have you ever heard Q talk puck strategy? These guys make even the smartest guys seem like they know nothing. There's a reason they've been so insanely successful over their careers.

I promise, the second you concede to your ignorance and just sit back and enjoy the Hawks success, it'll be so great. Q knows what he's doing. I don't understand all his choices, but that doesn't mean there isn't a reason for them. Sometimes it's best to just say "maybe after all this success, it's best to defer to his judgment."

Why does it upset you so much that someone might have a different opinion than you?

You're entire argument hinges on the idea that because Q is a good coach (he is obviously) he can do no wrong and anyone who doesn't have his credentials can question him.

Q has been around the game a long time, he is a great coach, his system has helped his excellent core of players win 2 Cups, win a ton of playoffs series, etc.

That said, there is no harm in criticizing him for being too loyal to his veterans at times (which he is) or making odd lineup choices.

Who are you to say I don't "sit back and enjoy the Hawks' successes?" Of course I do, Jonathan Toews is probably my favorite athlete of my lifetime. These guys are a blast to watch. But please give me a break and spare me your straw man argument from your high horse about how we are not worthy to even discuss Q's genius. There are many reasons the Hawks have been so successful, but I believe Keith, Seabrook, Toews, Kane, Crawford, Hjalmarsson, Sharp, Hossa are the guys who have a lot more to do with that success than Quenneville.

TMoore4075 06-12-2015 06:55 AM

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ay-voice.html/

Strader heading back to doing a local broadcast team. Can't say I blame him after leaving Phoenix to take a national gig and then losing your #2 spot to fucking Kenny Albert. Signed to the Stars by the guy who brought him to the Wings...makes sense. Good luck Dave.

kev87lads 06-12-2015 07:27 AM

Good for Dave. Like him a lot.

TMoore4075 06-12-2015 07:28 AM

Gonna be weird to hear any Stars broadcasts without Ralph Strangis. He did it for years.

SirBobalew 06-12-2015 07:49 AM

So can we just move the Coyotes to Seattle now, like should have happened a long time ago?

TMoore4075 06-12-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16007614)
So can we just move the Coyotes to Seattle now, like should have happened a long time ago?

A few years ago, thought this couldn't be more of a cluster fuck...I was wrong. I think Portland would be more likely since they are the only place out West that is ready right now. IF it were to happen for next season that is. A year from now, you've got Vegas. One article out of Oregon some guy said he asked Paul Allen's PR guy for a comment if they were looking into it and he said "no comment." Not that it means it's happening but would think if they for sure weren't exploring it they'd say no.

Rebecca De Mornay 06-12-2015 09:48 AM

can someone sum up the coyotes situation for me briefly?
im just seeing bits and pieces and can't separate speculation from fact.
thanks

Alazais 06-12-2015 10:13 AM

If they go anywhere it should be to Quebec City.

TMoore4075 06-12-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16007954)
can someone sum up the coyotes situation for me briefly?
im just seeing bits and pieces and can't separate speculation from fact.
thanks

The city wanted to terminate the lease. There is something in AZ law that says you can't negotiated a contract (in this case the lease for the arena) and then go work for the company that is getting the lease. Glendale is saying this happened with their lawyer and the yotes say it's not the case because that particular guy didn't have much or anything to do with the negotiation. Plus there is the guys contract out there that apparently says they basically waive any conflict...so....who knows what happens. But as of right now, no lease means they don't' have a home. Rumors of Suns owner reaching out saying they could come back to whatever America West Arena is now and that they'd do a joint arena in a few years. Of course your back to north end seats where you couldn't see the fucking goal but...black out those seats. Place still wouldn't be full so..

I think they finally realized how much they were gonna get pounded on this deal and felt like this was an out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16008047)

Not gonna happen. Sure there is an arena there that will be ready next season but then it's a 17/13 split East/West and that won't happen. Detroit or CBJ aren't going back West per Gary Bettman so that leaves QC out of luck for now, unless the Panthers are moving.

Lcsulla 06-12-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16006650)
Pond hockey is great. :thumbsup

Could not agree more, I still play on occasion. Growing up as soon as there was any ice forming we'd send the lighter kids on the ice to make sure it was think enough to skate for we older kids and once it was solid every day we'd get off the bus change into our hockey clothing, grab our sticks and skates and walk or get dropped off at whichever pond we decided to play on that day. Heck, we even played at night, some nice old dude put lights up for us! Also, we would bring a small tool to make a hole in the ice and let water up when we were finished so we could spread the entire area with water so we'd have nicer ice the next day after the water froze - poor mans zamboni I guess. Lastly, even when we had feet of snow it would never stop us, we'd get the shovel gang going and clear out a rink sized area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16006852)

I am a hawks fan too but you gotta relax, I realize it is the Stanley cup and passions run deep but long winded coaching decisions that go on forever just bore most people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16008047)

HARTFORD!!!!!!

Roose13 06-13-2015 05:39 PM

Hedman and Bishop looking like expansion team players right now. Original 6 teams don't make those mistakes.

bartender_man 06-13-2015 06:07 PM

Let's go Hawks!!!!!

UCFish 06-13-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16010439)
Hedman and Bishop looking like expansion team players right now. Original 6 teams don't make those mistakes.

:lol:lol:lol

UCFish 06-13-2015 08:03 PM

Big Original 6 win!

Bron Yr Aur 06-13-2015 08:05 PM

Another great game. Bishop is clearly still nowhere close to 100% and he put in a fantastic performance. And Crawford was amazing....always in the correct position. Amazing series that could use a couple more goals per game but when these teams start going end to end it is fun to watch.

bartender_man 06-13-2015 08:10 PM

Hell yeah Hawks!!!!

timsaleeby 06-13-2015 08:30 PM

Bishop is clueless. And not being 100% is not an excuse.

JRS1386 06-13-2015 08:41 PM

Blackhawks could use better coaching

bartender_man 06-13-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16010838)
Blackhawks could use better coaching

Care to expand on this?

timsaleeby 06-13-2015 09:01 PM

He is super boring in press conferences.

Tiduwho 06-13-2015 09:23 PM

Bought 6 bottles of champagne, going to be in Wisconsin Dells tho Monday night.

Getting excited as fuck. Really need Hawks to finish it off so I don't look like an asshat putting it on ice in advance :lol

mthawk07 06-13-2015 09:41 PM

Fucking Ben Bishop.

~Crashintome89~ 06-13-2015 09:47 PM

man, do you think patrick sharp was pooing his pants with that wide open net of his?

lockman21 06-13-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16008240)
I am a hawks fan too but you gotta relax, I realize it is the Stanley cup and passions run deep but long winded coaching decisions that go on forever just bore most people.

No one is forcing you to read it.