Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 04-28-2015 07:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Just saw this quote from last night. Kutznetsov on Halak: "I understand that this is a good goalie. But Holtby played better. And this is why we have Holtby.”

Also, you guys (non-Ranger fans only) have until the Caps/Rags series starts to give me a fun/funny/interesting quote to use in my sig. Because, as I said earlier, I refuse to go into this series with a Rangers fan in my sig. You're all on notice.

Edit: Never mind. Got one for now. But you guys can still try to top it.

aeroshady 04-28-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15926520)
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a Hawks/Wings SCF

I really really really really really really really really really DON'T

edit: really really really really really really really really really really DON'T

Bron Yr Aur 04-28-2015 07:32 AM

Those Halak & Mrazek saves from last night are pretty hilariously incredible. I give the edge to Halak's as Mrazek basically just got very lucky Boyle fired it into his stick.

fonzz41 04-28-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15926572)
Also, you guys (non-Ranger fans only) have until the Caps/Rags series starts to give me a fun/funny/interesting quote to use in my sig. Because, as I said earlier, I refuse to go into this series with a Rangers fan in my sig. You're all on notice.

Edit: Never mind. Got one for now. But you guys can still try to top it.

Feel free to borrow mine any time. :thumbsup

barbogast 04-28-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15926560)
it's amusing for sure but also nearly impossible he could be here for that long and still be that bad at english :lol

:confused Kuzy's been in America for less than 2 years?

Rebecca De Mornay 04-28-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15926612)
:confused Kuzy's been in America for less than 2 years?

i was talking about the Ovi part of the post BRO.

Maybe you need to brush up on your english :lol

lockman21 04-28-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15926601)
I really really really really really really really really really DON'T

edit: really really really really really really really really really really DON'T

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Kronwall, Seabrook...the class and skill in that SCF would be out of this world. It would just be great, great hockey.

I mean, I know your Rags wouldn't be it, but if it's not NYR, that's the best case OTHER scenario for you, I think.

Climb2safety 04-28-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15926653)
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Kronwall, Seabrook...the class and skill in that SCF would be out of this world. It would just be great, great hockey.

I mean, I know your Rags wouldn't be it, but if it's not NYR, that's the best case OTHER scenario for you, I think.

Whatever. How about a first time winner instead? :cool

aeroshady 04-28-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15926653)

I have gotten to a point with hockey where if the Rangers get knocked out I don't watch anymore....unless I am out with friends at a bar and they are watching. The only reason I watched any of the Hawk/Bruins series was because it was on every TV in Vegas while I was there. I still love hockey, but when NYR are good and don't make the finals, I find it hard to watch anymore that season.

aeroshady 04-28-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15926667)

Or just a team that has not won in a long time...

lockman21 04-28-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15926667)

BORING.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15926671)
I have gotten to a point with hockey where if the Rangers get knocked out I don't watch anymore....unless I am out with friends at a bar and they are watching. The only reason I watched any of the Hawk/Bruins series was because it was on every TV in Vegas while I was there.

You should change that.

aeroshady 04-28-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15926676)
BORING.

You should change that.

Added to the last part to explain further. You just quoted me too fast haha

Rebecca De Mornay 04-28-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

I have gotten to a point with hockey where if the Rangers get knocked out I don't watch anymore....unless I am out with friends at a bar and they are watching. The only reason I watched any of the Hawk/Bruins series was because it was on every TV in Vegas while I was there. I still love hockey, but when NYR are good and don't make the finals, I find it hard to watch anymore that season.

this is the wrong opinion.

TMoore4075 04-28-2015 07:58 AM

I watch less when the Wings are out but still watch. So if Wings lose, I'll watch the 2nd round probably, or most of it, not much of ECF or WCF and then watch the Cup Final. Although a lot of shows I watch are finishing up the next couple weeks so season finales might take precedence.

aeroshady 04-28-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15926687)
this is the wrong opinion.

It is hard enough to watch Rangers games as an Engineering student. Sports are great and hockey is the greatest, but being back in school and working while pushing 30 years of age reorganizes priorities.

Plus, as a Jackets fan I am sure you can't relate, but when your team is really good and you expect them to make a run at it in the playoffs and come up short, it is really hard to watch the team that knocked you out. 2012 finals were painful because of living with so many Devils fans local.

lockman21 04-28-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15926723)
It is hard enough to watch Rangers games as an Engineering student. Sports are great and hockey is the greatest, but being back in school and working while pushing 30 years of age reorganizes priorities.

Plus, as I Jackets fan I am sure you can't relate, but when your team is really good and you expect them to make a run at it in the playoffs and come up short, it is really hard to watch the team that knocked you out. 2012 finals were painful because of living with so many Devils fans local.

hahahahahaha holy shit

SirBobalew 04-28-2015 08:20 AM

This is the first time in a while the Capitals and Wizards/Bullets have been in the second round in the same season. And by "a while," I mean "ever."

fonzz41 04-28-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

This breaks my heart.

Climb2safety 04-28-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15926736)
This is the first time in a while the Capitals and Wizards/Bullets have been in the second round in the same season. And by "a while," I mean "ever."

If only the Redskins were winning the off-season too. Mentions Jeff George.

lockman21 04-28-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15926754)
This breaks my heart.

Same here. I get the heartbreak aspect of my team being knocked out, but some of my favorite hockey to watch is when I have no rooting interest. Can watch a game with no bias at all and just appreciate the game.

aeroshady 04-28-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15926781)
Same here. I get the heartbreak aspect of my team being knocked out, but some of my favorite hockey to watch is when I have no rooting interest. Can watch a game with no bias at all and just appreciate the game.

When I was younger I was the same way. I watched every playoffs glued to my TV during the 8 year run of no playoffs for the Rangers. Even in 2006/2007 when the Rangers got swept or went out early I could still watch a lot.

Just now that I am very busy with life and my team is a favorite to win (the east at least), I do have a hard time making the conscience decision to give up time spend doing other things for hockey not involving my team. It is all about opportunity cost for you econ people out there.

One exception, my girlfriend is a Wings fan...so I am sure I would be forced to watch should they keep moving on. :lol

TMoore4075 04-28-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15926789)

One exception, my girlfriend is a Wings fan...so I am sure I would be forced to watch should they keep moving on. :lol

Just comfort her tomorrow.

bradshaw06 04-28-2015 09:12 AM

pretty good game last night

So JR held his end of season presser, turns out Malkin had a sprained ankle and Hornqvist was playing with a broken rib. I said it before but its amazing how these injuries come out after the season. Hockey players are the toughest athletes there is.

bradshaw06 04-28-2015 09:17 AM

my list of teams i'd like to see win, from most to least:

1. Wild
2. Flames
3. Lightning
4. Ducks
5. Wings
6. Hawks
7. Rangers
8. Caps

SirBobalew 04-28-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15926803)

1. Wild
2. Flames
3. Lightning
4. Ducks
5. Wings
6. Hawks
7. Rangers
8. Caps

1. Caps
2. Flames
3. Wild
4. Lightning
5. Wings
6. Ducks
7. Hawks
8. Rangers

Dramageek 04-28-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15926803)

1. Wild
2. Flames
3. Lightning
4. Ducks
5. Wings
6. Hawks
7. Rangers
8. Caps

1. Wild
2. Flames
3. Lightning
4. Hawks
5. Ducks
6. Wings
7. Rangers

Stand Up

8. Caps

Sorry Caps fans. You all are generally good people. ;)

aeroshady 04-28-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15926812)
1. Caps
2. Flames
3. Wild
4. Lightning
5. Wings
6. Ducks
7. Hawks
8. Rangers

1. Rangers
2. Flames
3. Hawks
4. Ducks
5. Wings
6. Wild.
7. Tampa
8. Habs

9. Crapitals

**List 2-8 subject to change

***List 2-8 only made so I could put the Caps all the way at the end of the list.

****F#ck the Caps

TMoore4075 04-28-2015 09:48 AM

I don't want the Habs to win it. Some of the most arrogant fans around. Don't need more of that.

~Crashintome89~ 04-28-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15926723)
Plus, as a Jackets fan I am sure you can't relate, but when your team is really good and you expect them to make a run at it in the playoffs and come up short, it is really hard to watch the team that knocked you out.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol

Climb2safety 04-28-2015 09:50 AM

Only upside for the Capitals from here on out.