Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-01-2014 11:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

So Torts officially out I see. People questioned the hire but I didn't expect this. It just did not work out. Some saying he should have had more time, but Linden wants his own guy(s) there and some of the guys on the team aren't getting any younger.

HallowBillies7 05-01-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwormin (Post 15297455)
Avs blew it last night. Really wanted to see some Chicago domination in Denver. Now Minnesota gets to see our glory.

Still fun to watch the game out at the bar. Pretty funny how clueless the Avs fans were last night (could've just been the bar I was at). This is most certainly a football first city.

Hawks in 5.

Girl I went to Highschool with who's an Avs fan because she moved to Denver wrote a Facebook status saying how last nights ot goal was bullshit. Her reasoning was because they reviewed it and good goals don't get reviewed lol, I can't stand hockey fans like her.

AJF_41 05-01-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15297669)
Girl I went to Highschool with who's an Avs fan because she moved to Denver wrote a Facebook status saying how last nights ot goal was bullshit. Her reasoning was because they reviewed it and good goals don't get reviewed lol, I can't stand hockey fans like her.

there was one bullshit goal last night..but it wasn't in OT

side note: cooke will come back this series...keep the hawks inline

fonzz41 05-01-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

:lol

The goal went in and out so quickly, I wasn't even sure it went in at first. I had that small glimmer of hope when they said it was under review... Until I saw the very first replay, then I was like, "Shit...No question." That's about the time I grabbed my Joe Sakic jersey and started crying into it.

hailtopitt 05-01-2014 12:16 PM

matt cooke will be huge in the hawks series

fonzz41 05-01-2014 12:18 PM

Tell the Hawks to stick some extra padding in their shin pads!

hailtopitt 05-01-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15297739)
Tell the Hawks to stick some extra padding on their temples

fixed bud

HallowBillies7 05-01-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15297727)

The goal went in and out so quickly, I wasn't even sure it went in at first. I had that small glimmer of hope when they said it was under review... Until I saw the very first replay, then I was like, "Shit...No question." That's about the time I grabbed my Joe Sakic jersey and started crying into it.

Yeah at first I thought it rang off the post too, but she wrote all this about 15 minutes after the game. Some guy commented on it saying how it sucks but it was a snipe, and she was like nope that shouldn't have counted lol.

I wanted to write something so bad, she was freaking out on anyone who disagreed with her. I wish I took a screenshot for you guys to read it I was dying laughing.

fonzz41 05-01-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15297748)
fixed bud

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15297750)
Yeah at first I thought it rang off the post too, but she wrote all this about 15 minutes after the game. Some guy commented on it saying how it sucks but it was a snipe, and she was like nope that shouldn't have counted lol.

I wanted to write something so bad, she was freaking out on anyone who disagreed with her. I wish I took a screenshot for you guys to read it I was dying laughing.

:lol That's awesome. She's probably one of those chicks that hangs out after games, trying her best to become an Avs slampiece.

fonzz41 05-01-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 15297722)
there was one bullshit goal last night..but it wasn't in OT

side note: cooke will come back this series...keep the hawks inline

side note to your side note: If Neidereitter keeps doing what he's doing, he will completely eliminate the need to even spend the money on Matt Cooke. I love the direction his development is going. Excellent defensive player, but starting to develop those offensive instincts he was originally touted for. He's one of those guys that I got nervous about every time he was on the ice as the series went on, and usually my nerves were validated in some way by his play. :thumbsup

TMoore4075 05-01-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

I would have wanted to just go off on her. I've learned to restrain myself on facebook when people say stupid shit. I remember in high school, we did this 30-hour famine and if you wanted could get locked in the school and spend the night...anyways, on Saturday Wings were playing..someone on ABC and this one girl tried to argue that Manny Legace wasn't a good goalie because of the way he held his stick. Me and this one kid just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. Like wtf does that even mean?

JRS1386 05-01-2014 12:38 PM

Giroux for Hart = successful seaskn

barbogast 05-01-2014 12:56 PM

Hardly the return they gave up to bring in Halak

Yikes

Bron Yr Aur 05-01-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15297872)

Yikes

......he is UFA

....of course they got very little for him.

fonzz41 05-01-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15297872)

Yikes

Normally yes. But this is just for his negotiating rights

barbogast 05-01-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15297885)
......he is UFA

....of course they got very little for him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15297915)
Normally yes. But this is just for his negotiating rights

No no I get that. Just frustrating we traded a valuable piece for a goalie who, at least in my opinion, we didn't need; and now to see him leave (basically meaning we gave up Michael Neuvirth for a 4th rounder) sucks

fonzz41 05-01-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15297953)
No no I get that. Just frustrating we traded a valuable piece for a goalie who, at least in my opinion, we didn't need; and now to see him leave (basically meaning we gave up Michael Neuvirth for a 4th rounder) sucks

I wonder if talks broke down so they just decided to try and get something for him while they still could.

barbogast 05-01-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15297959)
I wonder if talks broke down so they just decided to try and get something for him while they still could.

From what I've heard Halak wanted out, and made that clear as soon as the season ended. I wish I had an article to quote but I can't remember where I read that

I was kinda hoping that with the switch at GM and coach maybe he'd reconsider. Guess not

lockman21 05-01-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15297734)
matt cooke will be huge in the hawks series

http://michiganjournal.org/wp-conten...eQl1r0w390.jpg

skwormin 05-01-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15297727)

Quote:

Quote:

lol wow. So many "fans" were not even paying attention half the time... missed 2 or 3 goals. The OT one sure did look like it wasn't in on one angle, but the other ones clearly showed it was a good goal. There was like 5 second window where everyone freaked out with excitement like the game was going to continue, met with a sudden chorus of "oh fuck!" and then everyone left.

dmbetc 05-01-2014 01:53 PM

Not surprised to see Torts gone.

Do you guys think he will have trouble finding a new gig? His reputation and success have gone downhill over the years. It doesn't seem his methods will work with the way the direction the NHL is heading.

Brohan_Santana 05-01-2014 02:51 PM

Hawks in 6
Ducks in 7

Bruins in 7
Ovechkin in 3

barbogast 05-01-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15298186)
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 7

Bruins in 7
Ovechkin in a city that isn't Washington many years from now

Fixed that last part for ya there

#TRADEOVECHKIN

barbogast 05-01-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15298044)

Do you guys think he will have trouble finding a new gig? His reputation and success have gone downhill over the years. It doesn't seem his methods will work with the way the direction the NHL is heading.

I could see him having some trouble landing a job, but ultimately he's still a coach that's had a lot of success and has won a Cup, so I think someone takes a shot on him

barbogast 05-01-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

:lol :lol :lol

TMoore4075 05-01-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15298247)
I could see him having some trouble landing a job, but ultimately he's still a coach that's had a lot of success and has won a Cup, so I think someone takes a shot on him

He'll get a job eventually just not this season. He's getting big money to not coach so he can take his time too.

fonzz41 05-01-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15298044)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15298256)
He'll get a job eventually just not this season. He's getting big money to not coach so he can take his time too.

Yeah, I mentioned earlier that I think he'll have a tough time finding a head coaching gig right now. Especially with the coaches ahead of him who will be looking for work.

It's a tough spot for him to be in, like we've talked about before. Teams don't want him to be "big bad Torts", but that's really the only way he knows how to effectively coach. Him toning it down means he's really not being himself.

If he doesn't get a gig this year, the best thing for him might be to either take an assistant's job somewhere (we're seeing lots of head coaches doing that)... but I really can't see him being ok not being in charge. Or, he could be like Hartley and go overseas and coach for a couple years, then come back when the time seems opportune.

HallowBillies7 05-01-2014 04:38 PM

Let's go Bruins!! F the Habs!!

Roose13 05-01-2014 04:46 PM

Boston/NY in the ECF would be an NBC dream matchup

bonzo48280 05-01-2014 04:59 PM

Boston NY Chicago LA