Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947216)
Can we give out the Ted Lindsay Award for Best Players Rep to: fonzz41

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards.

From Wiki: The first NHLPA was formed in 1957 by hockey players Ted Lindsay of the Detroit Red Wings and Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens after the league had refused to release pension plan financial information. The owners broke the union by trading players involved with the organization or sending them to the minor leagues. After an out-of-court settlement over several players' issues, the players disbanded the organization.

Seconded

fonzz41 05-12-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards. Matty is terrific

From Wiki: The first NHLPA was formed in 1957 by hockey players Ted Lindsay of the Detroit Red Wings and Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens after the league had refused to release pension plan financial information. The owners broke the union by trading players involved with the organization or sending them to the minor leagues. After an out-of-court settlement over several players' issues, the players disbanded the organization.

Hey thanks, but I'm just here for the free drinks

(Awww, thanks buddy)

fonzz41 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947206)
Hart trophy!! Thanks, bro

Also happy to see Bobalew get the Calder

This has to be the most well-represented the Caps have been at an Awards ceremony in, like, forever right?

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947173)
All right, our 2015 NHL THEED awards!

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

And don't worry, there's more!

Buccigross Award for top hockey writer: Roose13

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Shane Doan award for bullish devotion to team: HallowBillies and Pathetic

Don Koharski award for most disagreed with poster: Bron

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Charlie Conway award for most willing to learn more about hockey: thechad9000

Rick Nash award for most non-existent during the playoffs: Swordo84

Sorry to anyone I've missed... we'll get you!

:lol:lol very well done

Quote:

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards. Matty is terrific

I'd like to be the second person to second this

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:55 PM

Matty deserves all the awards

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947236)
This has to be the most well-represented the Caps have been at an Awards ceremony in, like, forever right?

Oh the Caps bring the heat at the regular season awards sometimes

GoingToCA91 05-12-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946853)

I don't necessarily think Hitch is the problem in St Louis, but inevitably teams shake things up and usually the coach is the first to go.

I agree with Tim, I think Babcock could take them where they wanna go. Still, they're in the Central, and as you surely know, life in the Central is incredibly difficult.

That's been the general opinion of Blues fans, too. Like I said, I was expecting them to fire Hitch this offseason. I honestly expected it by this point.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947211)
I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a badass, Nick Backstrom because nobody ever thanks Nick Backstrom, and space_raven for making it so easy

So, so much that. Love the guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947243)
Oh the Caps bring the heat at the regular season awards sometimes

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947236)

Ovi is the king of the regular season award. Calder, 3 Harts, 3 Lindsays, a Ross, 5 Rockets. But yeah, having *more* than one Cap win anything?!? That'd be news.

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947258)
Ovi is the king of the regular season award. Calder, 3 Harts, 3 Lindsays, a Ross, 5 Rockets. But yeah, having *more* than one Cap win anything?!? That'd be news.

Looks like we broke new ground then! Well done my man!

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:05 PM

I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a brick wall, for all of his Holtbyisms, and for growing a glorious beard that mere mortals such as myself can only dream about.

And I'd like to thank Ovi for my new favorite quote: "I love to celebration. I love to goals."

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947271)
I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a brick wall, for all of his Holtbyisms, and for growing a glorious beard that mere mortals such as myself can only dream about.

And I'd like to thank Ovi for my new favorite quote: "I love to celebration. I love to goals."

I'd like to thank Kuznetsov for mine: "thank you for make building loud"

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:26 PM

All I know is Ovi'd better goals tomorrow.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 02:43 PM

If I could just win the Foote award for best cross-checker, I'd be pleased.

JRS1386 05-12-2015 03:31 PM

I'd like to thank most of you for liking shitty teams and making it easy for me to win the Lappy Award

dmbetc 05-12-2015 03:41 PM

Had I known I was getting an award today I would've dressed nicer. It's not always easy to play with all boys but I wouldn't want to do it with any other group.

http://imgur.com/wqv4e2T

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 03:44 PM

I get the Richard? Are you guys really thinking on Jonathan fuckjng Cheechoo?

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15947441)
Had I known I was getting an award today I would've dressed nicer. It's not always easy to play with all boys but I wouldn't want to do it with any other group.

http://imgur.com/wqv4e2T

I said, "aww" when I read the first part of your post. Then I looked at the picture and started bawling. Like, so bad I started dry heaving.

So.

Beautiful.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15947448)
I get the Richard? Are you guys really thinking on Jonathan fuckjng Cheechoo?

Drinking already? Good lord, man, it's like 5:00 on a Tuesday!

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947452)

:lol :lol :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947452)

the funny thing is I'm actually doing that right now.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15947455)
the funny thing is I'm actually doing that right now.

That's my boy.

lockman21 05-12-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947173)
All right, our 2015 NHL THEED awards!

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

And don't worry, there's more!

Buccigross Award for top hockey writer: Roose13

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Shane Doan award for bullish devotion to team: HallowBillies and Pathetic

Don Koharski award for most disagreed with poster: Bron

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Charlie Conway award for most willing to learn more about hockey: thechad9000

Rick Nash award for most non-existent during the playoffs: Swordo84

Sorry to anyone I've missed... we'll get you!

Does this mean I'm the 2014-15 Keith Yandle Award winner?

lockman21 05-12-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947185)
And Lockman wins the Yandle!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947193)
I was wondering who would be the first to notice. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats, Chris.

Keith Yandle award for biggest snub: Lockman21

(But also cuz Yandle's a dandy of a player and Chris has an eternal hard-on for him)

:lol:lol God damnit.

thechad90000 05-12-2015 04:52 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15947518)
:lol:lol God damnit.

It's like one of the highest honors you can receive in this thread. :lol

And I couldn't really announce it with the others cuz it would kind of defeat the purpose.

salrx95 05-12-2015 05:42 PM

Wow. Lucky me.

https://thealerunner.files.wordpress...ajor-award.gif

Not sure if I can make it in to accept it. I don't think the senior living bus leaves the old age home that day.

However accomplished I am, I appreciate the thought and love being part of the thread. Thanks to Matty for your work on the awards. As always, you are spot on and amongst the best of what's around.

lockman21 05-12-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947600)
Wow. Lucky me.

https://thealerunner.files.wordpress...ajor-award.gif

Not sure if I can make it in to accept it. I don't think the senior living bus leaves the old age home that day.

However accomplished I am, I appreciate the thought and love being part of the thread. Thanks to Matty for your work on the awards. As always, you are spot on and amongst the best of what's around.

Shut it, grandpa.

salrx95 05-12-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15947619)
Shut it, grandpa.

Better watch it or I will hit you with my cane.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15947648)
Better watch it or I will hit you with my cane.

The cane that cost him about 10k - pocket change for a guy as professionally accomplished as himself.

But seriously, all meant as a compliment my friend. :thumbsup

thechad90000 05-12-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947663)
The cane that cost him about 10k - pocket change for a guy as professionally accomplished as himself.

But seriously, all meant as a compliment my friend. :thumbsup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQrXUpvkuc