Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 03-22-2023 08:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18370759)
Extra annoying that their loss gives Pittsburgh life again.

Stupid Flyers

coldengrey12 03-23-2023 12:14 PM

Avs also giving Pittsburgh life

Sigh

Avs did just win six in a row before that, though

TypicalBilly14 03-23-2023 06:47 PM

Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

aeroshady 03-23-2023 07:21 PM

Igor is god mode again. Nice W from the Rangers despite being outshot 2 to 1 basically.

jcc522 03-23-2023 07:22 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread

Canes are in the playoffs [emoji106]

SmoothG 03-24-2023 04:56 PM

Joe Biden got a standing ovation at Canadian parliament for saying "I like all your teams...except the Leafs".

Screw you Joe!

coldengrey12 03-25-2023 12:24 PM

Especially since he said he doesn’t like the Leafs for beating the Flyers

Although he is correct that Dr. Jill will disown him, that’s how Philly fans are, snowballs at Santa and all that :p

aeroshady 03-25-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 18371477)
Bruins!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

I’ll save you the time.

Bruins :bounce:bounce:bounce

TypicalBilly14 03-25-2023 12:51 PM

Bruins are Atlantic champs!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

aeroshady 03-25-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 18371949)
Bruins are Atlantic champs!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

^ Proof he doesn’t read the thread at all :lol.

Glad they beat Tampa though

Antiramie 03-25-2023 03:24 PM

We've got a some Blackhawks/Chicago people in here, right?

I've got some Ice Hogs jerseys I'm trying to get rid of if anyone is interested.

coldengrey12 03-26-2023 09:27 PM

Stars slipping

coldengrey12 03-26-2023 10:06 PM

I want the Sharks to get Bedard

Gimme a better reason to go to The Tank than seeing the visiting team

aeroshady 03-27-2023 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 18372290)
I want the Sharks to get Bedard

Gimme a better reason to go to The Tank than seeing the visiting team

Vancouver would have been my top pick for him since he is from BC. That said, the Canucks decided to win too much. I wouldn't hate San Jose landing him at all. I just want to see him wasted in a market like Arizona.

coldengrey12 03-27-2023 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18372342)
Vancouver would have been my top pick for him since he is from BC. That said, the Canucks decided to win too much. I wouldn't hate San Jose landing him at all. I just want to see him wasted in a market like Arizona.

The Yotes might be dangerous in a few years. They have something like 17 picks in the next three drafts

TypicalBilly14 03-27-2023 03:02 PM

On my way home from Raleigh now🏒. Helluva weekend. Hit several breweries, wife ran the half on Sunday and then the Bruins game on Sunday against Carolina. Had to of been 5000 to 8000 fans in attendance that were Bruins fans. Parking was as bad as Mansfield at PNC but the game was a blast and super cool it was Whalers night with the old uniforms. Bummer that Texas lost, which wiped out my bracket but still a fun weekend. Bruins!!!! :bounce:bounce :bounce:bounce

jcc522 03-28-2023 05:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread

Calling Aho for GI lmao

SmoothG 03-28-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 18371964)
We've got a some Blackhawks/Chicago people in here, right?

I've got some Ice Hogs jerseys I'm trying to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Lol there are only 6 years where the Blackhawks had fans. Hold on to that until they're good again and they pop up again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 18372395)
The Yotes might be dangerous in a few years. They have something like 17 picks in the next three drafts

Phoenix doesn't deserve a team.

aeroshady 03-29-2023 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothG (Post 18373303)
Lol there are only 6 years where the Blackhawks had fans. Hold on to that until they're good again and they pop up again.

Phoenix doesn't deserve a team.

One of my friends is a huge Hawks fan and has been since the 90’s, as far as this thread goes though, yes, the Hawks fans are no where to be seen.

We have a few fair weather teams as far as fans go over the years on ants. It always made me wonder if the site was just starting to lose steam or if these fans just stopped posting once their team stopped winning (or in the case of Caps fans, they won once and disappeared).

Hawks, Pens and Caps all used to have a fair amount of fans posting in this thread. They have all gone ghost for a while now. For the Pens and Hawks fans, I do feel like they can’t handle losing and they only show up when their teams are good.

We also have the Boston fans who only post when their team is in first or making a run in the playoffs.

I have joked that if the Rangers ever won a cup I would “retire.” That said, I am glad that my team has stayed consistent with the fan representation in the hockey thread regardless of how the team is. Flyers fans have been solid in this thread too (that hurt to write). Kings, Canes and some others have all been pretty consistent as well.

jrkarger 03-29-2023 07:27 AM

I don’t post nearly as much as I used to but that has nothing to do with the Pens. Family, new job, life have gotten in the way.

With that said, Ron Hextall is a jackass and needs to be canned. FSG needs to be more visible and bring Mario back into the fold. Sully might need to feel a little heat too.

swordo84 03-29-2023 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18373377)
One of my friends is a huge Hawks fan and has been since the 90’s, as far as this thread goes though, yes, the Hawks fans are no where to be seen.

We have a few fair weather teams as far as fans go over the years on ants. It always made me wonder if the site was just starting to lose steam or if these fans just stopped posting once their team stopped winning (or in the case of Caps fans, they won once and disappeared).

Hawks, Pens and Caps all used to have a fair amount of fans posting in this thread. They have all gone ghost for a while now. For the Pens and Hawks fans, I do feel like they can’t handle losing and they only show up when their teams are good.

We also have the Boston fans who only post when their team is in first or making a run in the playoffs.

I have joked that if the Rangers ever won a cup I would “retire.” That said, I am glad that my team has stayed consistent with the fan representation in the hockey thread regardless of how the team is. Flyers fans have been solid in this thread too (that hurt to write). Kings, Canes and some others have all been pretty consistent as well.

I think it's a bit of both. I do know one thing though, no one can accuse me of being a fair-weather fan. Have endured and stuck it out through ALL the pain. :lol

aeroshady 03-29-2023 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 18373421)
I think it's a bit of both. I do know one thing though, no one can accuse me of being a fair-weather fan. Have endured and stuck it out through ALL the pain. :lol

You are 100% an OG and a straight G in the hockey thread :lol

kev87lads 03-29-2023 07:52 AM

^ You both are! Cheers!

aeroshady 03-29-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 18373417)
I don’t post nearly as much as I used to but that has nothing to do with the Pens. Family, new job, life have gotten in the way.

With that said, Ron Hextall is a jackass and needs to be canned. FSG needs to be more visible and bring Mario back into the fold. Sully might need to feel a little heat too.

Hope all is well with the job and family!

Having said that, the Pens fans in this thread are the ones I noticed the sudden drop off the most from. Even going back to the 08/09 runs, for a few years after that it seemed like the Pens representation was less until they got great again.

Hawks fans for sure went missing in a big way the past 3-4 years. We used to have some very consistent and frequent Hawks fans posting here that pretty much never post anymore.

I am sure that part of it is all of us are getting older and the site traffic is way down....but as a fan of a team that hasn't won the Cup yet for me, I can't help but judge a little as it does feel like they were all only around for the glory days and made a nice Irish exit once the tides turned :lol

At least the Caps fans stuck around through all of their painful days before winning it all.

aeroshady 03-29-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 18373435)
^ You both are! Cheers!

:thumbsup

Same to you Kev! Flyers winning too much for you right now?

swordo84 03-29-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18373431)
You are 100% an OG and a straight G in the hockey thread :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 18373435)
^ You both are! Cheers!

Big ups dudes! I'm here until this place dies. haha

kev87lads 03-29-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18373437)
:thumbsup

Same to you Kev! Flyers winning too much for you right now?

Way too much! Geez. I mean, I'm glad for the development of the kids and all. But yeah! We had a nice 1-9 stretch going. And have killed all that "momentum" by going 5-1 since. Bad win versus Montreal last night.

I knew we'd never get into the top 3 odds for #1. Even since the beginning of the year. But being 7th worst now is unacceptable. Let's at least get back into the top 5. Need AZ and MTL to get hot. But we also have two games in hand that we'll probably win. Bad time for WINS!

coldengrey12 03-30-2023 10:37 AM

Day one Avs fan here, from the moment that turd Marcel Aubut announced the team was sold and moving to Denver

I do not see posting in this thread as a barometer of my fandom, although I can't deny that my favorite team winning the Cup last year has reignited a passion to follow hockey more closely

dmbetc 03-30-2023 12:14 PM

Everyone knows who my team(s) are!

dmbetc 03-30-2023 12:14 PM

Also, KEVINNNN! Hi.