Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 03-21-2018 08:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17045969)
Thank you, it definitely has been fun to watch them. I guess what I’m trying to say is that making the playoffs is not how I measuring this season as successful for the Avs. It already has been as far as I’m concerned.

Anytime, even if they don't make it the season was a complete 180 from last year and I would say they will certainly make the dance next season. In the 08-09 season no one predicted the Hawks to even make the playoffs but they did and got all the way to the WCF but lost to Detroit. They added a star in Hossa and some role players and got it right the next year and won the cup for the first time since 1961. So yeah, even if they do not make it (their remaining schedule is a bitch) or get in and lose in the first round this season has been a huge success story for the Avs, if it was not for Vegas Bednar would be a lock for the Adams.

Lcsulla 03-21-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17045977)
You can't handle more

It was a playful joke that I thought Flyers fans could relate too. Caps don't have Cups & Flyers have had bud luck retaining or developing a top tier goalie in the long term

Yeah, what is going on with Holtby recently, he would have been a finalist for the Vezina but in the past month or so he has dropped off notably.

daveshookme 03-21-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17045939)
Sids goal tonight. Wow.

Fucking unreal. Saw the replay up on the Jumbotron and the whole place pretty much just went quiet in a “I’m gonna need to see that again” way.

Lcsulla 03-21-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17044941)
The Hawks were eliminated from playoff contention.

By the Avs.

Here is some irony for you. Last year on the exact same date the Hawks beat Colorado to clinch the best record in the west. lol

~Crashintome89~ 03-22-2018 05:25 AM

brohan needs to stop trying to be intentionally funny. it doesn't work. it would be as if jamie could have a substantive discussion on the integrity of Brad Marchand's game.

barbogast 03-22-2018 07:40 AM

Sid’s goal is freaking nuts. Holy shit.

Lcsulla 03-22-2018 07:42 AM

Look at these rankings of teams in the cap era, would love to hear your thoughts. I agree with the first 4 choices but after that I think LA should have been ranked higher.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...salary-cap-era

Roose13 03-22-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17045977)
You can't handle more

It was a playful joke that I thought Flyers fans could relate too. Caps don't have Cups & Flyers have had bud luck retaining or developing a top tier goalie in the long term

You're not fun to talk to anymore.

Every time you chime in with a stupid remark and we break your balls about it, you pull the "don't get defensive" or "jeez I was just joking" cards. It's the same chirping we've been doing in this thread for years and now you get super defensive.

Brohan_Santana 03-22-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17046249)
You're not fun to talk to anymore.

Every time you chime in with a stupid remark and we break your balls about it, you pull the "don't get defensive" or "jeez I was just joking" cards. It's the same chirping we've been doing in this thread for years and now you get super defensive.

Nah man. You just can't take it because it's at your teams expense bud. Sorry you can dish it but can't take it. Need to get some thicker skin

Roose13 03-22-2018 08:33 AM

:lol:lol:lol

Roose13 03-22-2018 08:34 AM

Never once have I said, "jeez, it's just a joke" when making fun of the Caps because it's typical banter. Every time we chirp back it's the same shit over and over with you.

This conversation will go nowhere. I should have known that :rolleyes

~Crashintome89~ 03-22-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17046265)
Nah man. You just can't take it because it's at your teams expense bud. Sorry you can dish it but can't take it. Need to get some thicker skin

I know a pens fan didn't write this post because it didn't end with #1975.

Roose13 03-22-2018 09:00 AM

:lol:lol

barbogast 03-22-2018 09:07 AM

Fuck the Flyers

:hug

dmbetc 03-22-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17046202)
Sid’s goal is freaking nuts. Holy shit.

Damn, just watched this.

Some of these guys hand eye coordination is nuts.

Roose13 03-22-2018 10:46 AM

I can't wait until Crosby retires too.

Brohan_Santana 03-22-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17046273)
Never once have I said, "jeez, it's just a joke" when making fun of the Caps because it's typical banter. Every time we chirp back it's the same shit over and over with you.

This conversation will go nowhere. I should have known that :rolleyes

It's impossible to have a serious conversation with you. You think life is all dramatic like the WWE. This is the real life bud, with real conversations & real people, not a manufactured soap opera

daveshookme 03-22-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17046397)
Damn, just watched this.

Some of these guys hand eye coordination is nuts.

Before the game Sid and Hornquist were playing catch with a puck the width of the entire ice for a solid 5 minutes, stickblade to stickblade, without ever dropping it. I can’t even dream of doing that.

dmbetc 03-22-2018 05:48 PM

Did you guys see the crazy goal “by” the Coyotes tonight?

Puck got stuck in Ward’s skate, no one knew where it was. After play was whistled dead they saw it was lodged under his skate, which crossed the goal line when he went back into the net. :lol

https://twitter.com/arizonacoyotes/s...140155392?s=21

Lcsulla 03-22-2018 06:31 PM

Toews injured so no one wearing the C - Keith, Seabrook and Kane all wearing A's.

lockman21 03-22-2018 06:33 PM

Eddie O completely cancer free!

Lcsulla 03-22-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 17046819)

Saw that, so great to hear! Congrats Eddie!

Lcsulla 03-22-2018 08:18 PM

I think they should change the rule on who is credited with a goal, if a player shots it and it hits the jersey of a team-mate (which does not deflect it) the goal should be credited to the shooter, just like they will credit a shooter with a goal if it hits an opponent.

Also, I think a goal should be worth 2 points and an assist should be worth 1 point.

dmbetc 03-22-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Yay! Yay!

dmbetc 03-22-2018 08:58 PM

Kopitar with his first 4 goal game tonight. He has been on fire, but really, he’s had an all around stellar season. Hasn’t really hit a slump.

Lcsulla 03-22-2018 09:37 PM

I hope the Avs win the cup this year! Not likely but stranger things have happened so go Avs!

kev87lads 03-22-2018 09:55 PM

Had a blast watching all the games at a hockey specific bar in Seattle tonight. Met 4 other Flyers fans. Including one that used to live where I do now. Small world.

TMoore4075 03-23-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

He beat that with an active stick. Good to hear.

barbogast 03-23-2018 05:23 AM

Great to hear about Ed Olczyk. Also that goal in the Carolina/Phoenix game was strange for sure, to say the least.

Roose13 03-23-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17046783)
Did you guys see the crazy goal “by” the Coyotes tonight?

Puck got stuck in Ward’s skate, no one knew where it was. After play was whistled dead they saw it was lodged under his skate, which crossed the goal line when he went back into the net. :lol

https://twitter.com/arizonacoyotes/s...140155392?s=21

No way that should have been a goal