Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mr.MikeD 01-02-2018 09:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

I hate hockey again. Kings embarrassing the Oilers after the Jets did the same on NYE.

BotheLaneFan 01-02-2018 09:29 PM

Golden Knights baaaaayyyyy-bbbyyyyy!!!!

dmbetc 01-02-2018 10:07 PM

I love love love that the Kings scored 3 on Maroon’s major for his head shot on Doughty.

Fun game. Brown passes Gretzky for goals with the Kings with 2 goals tonight.

swordo84 01-03-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16967480)
I hate hockey again. Kings embarrassing the Oilers after the Jets did the same on NYE.

Season = over.

aeroshady 01-03-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16967500)
Season = over.

Need to unload Conner McDavid to the Rangers. You owe us one after we gave you Talbot...or something like that.

swordo84 01-03-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16967508)
Need to unload Conner McDavid to the Rangers. You owe us one after we gave you Talbot...or something like that.

Seems reasonable.

I swear, if the Oilers PK wasn't at the skill level of a pee-wee team, we might still be in this thing.

kev87lads 01-03-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16967097)
A Flyers win tonight goes a long way to ensure continued irrelevance in the east and the NHL as a whole. But they'll lose. Cause it's not in Pitt.

My posts continue to hold up well.

fonzz41 01-03-2018 11:31 AM

We haven't had a good chat in here in a while, so let's discuss: Who are the best lines in the NHL right now?

Obvious are:
Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov (138 points)
Bailey - Tavares - Lee (138 points)

Solid case as well for Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen, even if it's a homer pick. Didn't start the season together, but are now at 115 points. MacKinnon is 5th in scoring (one more point and he's tied for 3rd); Rantanen is becoming a legit power forward and is outscoring fellow 2nd-year players Austin Matthews and Patrick Laine; and Landy has really grown into the leader of the team. His 16 goals are fantastic, and he's a +12. They are beginning to develop that no-look chemistry that is scary as hell.

But of course, points don't tell the whole story. MAJOR Props to the Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line. Did you guys know they went like 22 games without having an even-strength goal scored while their line was out?! That's amazing. Oh, and their 95 combined points aren't that bad either.

Who else you got? Them Flyers don't have a terrible top line right now...

barbogast 01-03-2018 12:08 PM

Whatever line Evgeny Kuznetsov is on. Duh.

dmbetc 01-03-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16967801)
We haven't had a good chat in here in a while, so let's discuss: Who are the best lines in the NHL right now?

Obvious are:

Solid case as well for Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen, even if it's a homer pick. Didn't start the season together, but are now at 115 points. MacKinnon is 5th in scoring (one more point and he's tied for 3rd); Rantanen is becoming a legit power forward and is outscoring fellow 2nd-year players Austin Matthews and Patrick Laine; and Landy has really grown into the leader of the team. His 16 goals are fantastic, and he's a +12. They are beginning to develop that no-look chemistry that is scary as hell.

But of course, points don't tell the whole story. MAJOR Props to the Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line. Did you guys know they went like 22 games without having an even-strength goal scored while their line was out?! That's amazing. Oh, and their 95 combined points aren't that bad either.

The obvious lines.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko were popping until Schwartz got injured. I haven't seen much of them since then.

As a homer pick - Brown and Kopitar line is fun to watch. They just need to find the consistent 3rd key. The two of them have 73 combined points and both at +14. It'll be interesting to see where Carter fits in, if he ever returns.

fonzz41 01-03-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16967841)
Whatever line Evgeny Kuznetsov is on. Duh.

They just suck at fist bumps.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16967842)
The obvious lines.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko were popping until Schwartz got injured. I haven't seen much of them since then.

As a homer pick - Brown and Kopitar line is fun to watch. They just need to find the consistent 3rd key. The two of them have 73 combined points and both at +14. It'll be interesting to see where Carter fits in, if he ever returns.

Yes, that Tarasenko line was flying.

So great to see Brown so energized. And kind of ironic that he's doing it with Kopitar?

dmbetc 01-03-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16967953)
So great to see Brown so energized. And kind of ironic that he's doing it with Kopitar?

Yeah, it's a strange story for sure. It just shows how much a coach's belief in a guy helps him. Stevens is using him properly, and it's producing results. And he's not just making goals from the crease, he has had some pretty shots this year from all over the ice.

We all know you love the D, so I'll shout out Doughty's play this year as well. It's amazing how he seems to keep getting better.

dmbetc 01-03-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16967953)
They just suck at fist bumps.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrightInfo...restricted.gif

dmbetc 01-03-2018 05:03 PM

All Star jerseys are garbage

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-adidas-...?tid=277549086

Central > Pacific > Atlantic > Metro

kev87lads 01-03-2018 05:39 PM

Wow. Those are terrible. West ones are ok I guess. But east ones are hideous.

~Crashintome89~ 01-03-2018 06:55 PM

Subban jersey looks like the Bengals. haha

aeroshady 01-03-2018 08:18 PM

Rangers were predictably bad tonight. I was at the game. NY was flat out of the gate. Score reflected the effort.

Lcsulla 01-04-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16968064)
All Star jerseys are garbage

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-adidas-...?tid=277549086

Central > Pacific > Atlantic > Metro

Wow, those are all awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16968170)
Rangers were predictably bad tonight. I was at the game. NY was flat out of the gate. Score reflected the effort.

Yeah, sort of a WC hangover type thing. All in all though that was a great game Hank kept it close despite the Rangers looking flat, losing puck/board battles and getting gummed up in the neutral zone. Could have been 5-1 after 2 periods but it was not until the last minute when the Rangers were buzzing for a game tying goal that they were swatted away with a pair of empty net goals against them.

Lcsulla 01-04-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16967801)

Obvious are:

I think I'd have to go with the Tavares line over TB only because we've come to expect that production out of Stamkos and Kucherov.

I also agree with Sarah that the Tarasenko line was absolutely amazing to watch.

Roose13 01-04-2018 10:25 AM

ASG jerseys are always garbage. Never a shocker.

dmbetc 01-04-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16968170)

I only watched the first two periods, then watched the highlights this morning. I don't think they were [/i]terrible[/i], and Lundqvist played really well. It was 3-2 with two empty netters, I thought it was a close game but they definitely need to tighten up.

TMoore4075 01-04-2018 10:54 AM

I haven't been around much and some of you know what's up but had to come and say my Wings can't even tank right. They were sitting 4th from the bottom before my game I went to against the Rangers and now they are 5 points out of the wild card spot. Can't do anything right. Although AA's OT winner 6 seconds in last night was pretty cool.

Brohan_Santana 01-04-2018 05:58 PM

Haters gone hate, but Ovechkin might be the last, best goal scorer we will ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmbetc 01-04-2018 08:30 PM

Pretty crazy awesome story I’d never heard before

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...ed-off-the-ice

hailtopitt 01-04-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16968866)
Haters gone hate, but Ovechkin might be the last, best goal scorer we will ever see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually agree with this 100%

Say whatever you want about ovechkin, but he’s the best entertainer the league has seen this generation. Always fun to watch and simply a talent.

That whole no cups (yet) thing will always follow him though. Nature of the beast.

aeroshady 01-05-2018 09:38 AM

Sarah, this must be fun for you to read: "Freed from whatever former coach Darryl Sutter was doing to make them lose their collective smile, the Kings look like the Kings again. Heck, they look even better than that, what with Dustin Brown having more goals (15) than Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Connor McDavid this season. The Kings are going to get a significant boost when center Jeff Carter finally returns from injury, but the additions aren't going to stop there for a team looking for its third Stanley Cup in six years. It has cap space and prospects to trade, as well." ~ESPN

dmbetc 01-05-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16969383)
Sarah, this must be fun for you to read: "Freed from whatever former coach Darryl Sutter was doing to make them lose their collective smile, the Kings look like the Kings again. Heck, they look even better than that, what with Dustin Brown having more goals (15) than Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Connor McDavid this season. The Kings are going to get a significant boost when center Jeff Carter finally returns from injury, but the additions aren't going to stop there for a team looking for its third Stanley Cup in six years. It has cap space and prospects to trade, as well." ~ESPN

:thumbsup All true statements

dmbetc 01-05-2018 11:11 AM

https://twitter.com/i/moments/949315844756029442

:lol Thornton had a bit of a beard trim in a fight last night

dmbetc 01-05-2018 05:50 PM

Price’s save last night is getting quite overblown. The second save was simply the puck going into his skate. Bad shot, but props for getting over. But comeon, this headline??

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-ca...ve/c-294671230

BotheLaneFan 01-05-2018 07:56 PM

Great game in Chicago right now.