Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 11-17-2017 07:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16936469)
Girard seems like he's a monster when it comes to TOI.

He potentially could be if he keeps playing the way he is. I was worried about him defensively because of his size (he's just a teeny little dude), but he's actually pretty good in that regard. I mean, his main role is definitely as an offensive defenseman, but he can at least hold his own in his own zone. Which is already an improvement on Tyson Barrie.

Immediately after the Duchene trade I had said that, as far as their roster looks at that time, they were not as good a team. It was forward-thinking trade. Now, I'm rethinking that stance a little bit. Girard has been absolutely electric. Small sample size, but enough to be excited.
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16936490)
Good lord the Caps are just terrible. I mean, I knew there was gonna be a drop this year, but this is just awful.

12 goals against in the past two games can't feel great, sorry my friend. I don't know if it was exhaustion on the part of the Caps or what, but the Avs were simply more hungry.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbwadeo (Post 16936659)
In fairness he has played for both the Kings and Flames twice so it reduces his "teams played for list"

It's like going back to your ex. You don't get to add a new number to your "ladies I slept with list" despite the fact they may be quite a different person from when you last slept with them.

:lol :thumbsup

swordo84 11-17-2017 07:51 AM

He (Gudas) has a history of being a bit of a shit-head too. I give him no benefit of the doubt, hope he sits for 10.

fonzz41 11-17-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16936676)
Yeah, I'm gonna say no to this one.

Gudas is a professional hockey player who plays a physical game. He's been in scrums thousands of times in his career. His swung his stick and hit a guy in the back of the head. Intentional or not, he should get suspended. Proably 10 games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16936683)
He (Gudas) has a history of being a bit of a shit-head too. I give him no benefit of the doubt, hope he sits for 10.

Just watched it for the first time. As we've discussed before in this thread, intent doesn't [shouldn't] matter when it comes to head injuries. I mean, even in the sense of being fair, I was upset that Blake Comeau didn't get dismissed from last night's game after a dangerous hit to Oshie. He clearly thought Oshie would turn another way, but he didn't and he ended up driving Oshie's head into the wall. He only got 2 mins for Boarding and I was disappointed, even though I'm an Avs fan and really like Comeau.

Suspend away, NHL.

Also came across this as I was searching for the video, figured our thread in particular would appreciate it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIA57JvbwSM

lockman21 11-17-2017 08:07 AM

Matty - I'm playing LW tonight and I'm terrified.

fonzz41 11-17-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16936713)

:lol Get ready to skate, buddy.

lockman21 11-17-2017 08:26 AM

:lol Exactly. I never know what I'm doing up there. Just skating around in circles like an IDIOT.

fonzz41 11-17-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16936752)
:lol Exactly. I never know what I'm doing up there. Just skating around in circles like an IDIOT.

:lol I feel ya. The other day I came out of the penalty box and we already two D on the ice, so I played up for a sec. I was absolutely worthless.

Brohan_Santana 11-17-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16936555)
Seen a lot of overreaction on the Gudas play. Definitely warranted a major and gamer but fans are acting like he tried to kill a man. It’s reckless but clearly not his intent if anyone has ever been tied up before.

It was 100% his intent to slash Perry. I was first thinking 7 games. Then realized it's Gudas who has a long ass rap sheet. 10 game minimum easy. Maybe more

lockman21 11-17-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16936782)
:lol I feel ya. The other day I came out of the penalty box and we already two D on the ice, so I played up for a sec. I was absolutely worthless.

We've scored 3 goals in the last 5 games, so he said he "wants more offense".

He's going to be so disappointed when he sees how little I'll be able to help with that :lol

Roose13 11-17-2017 09:23 AM

Only good thing with an imminent Gudas suspension is that Morin gets to play

Lcsulla 11-17-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16936782)

Yeah, Perreault did not seem to think it was some sort of mistake on Gudas's part either.

Quote:

"He apologized in the penalty box, but when you look at the replay, it looks like he did it on purpose. It wasn't an accident. He's been known for doing stuff like that, so I certainly don't appreciate it. I'm sure the league will take care of it."
http://www.espn.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400961887

JRS1386 11-17-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16936844)
Only good thing with an imminent Gudas suspension is that Morin gets to play

ITs a blessing!

kev87lads 11-17-2017 06:18 PM

Gudas deserves 10.

Lcsulla 11-17-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16936713)

Could be worse bro, I went on a date a few years ago and we decided to go to a local rink to skate. They would not let me take my stick on the ice with me, I felt naked without the damn thing! :)

Lcsulla 11-18-2017 08:27 AM

Pens vs Hawks should be a great game tonight. I fully expect the Pens to be looking for revenge and I think they will be playing much better than they did last time having to fly in after an OT loss to St. Louis the previous night plus the emotion of the cup ceremony. Chicago is finally refinding their O too - thing is though Anisimov and Debrincat have been carrying them (plus Crawford) and not the usual guys like Toews, Kane, Saad, etc, etc. So yeah, really excited for this one - just hope Keith is over his flu and can play.

Roose13 11-18-2017 09:18 AM

Gudas not playing tonight even thought his hearing is tomorrow. So that guarantees he's getting something and today will count toward that.

Lcsulla 11-18-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16936854)
Yeah, Perreault did not seem to think it was some sort of mistake on Gudas's part either.

Matty, I have no idea why I said this )quoting you) this in regards to Gudas's actions. My bad and I apologize - just an idiot move on my part!

Roose13 11-18-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16937296)
Matty, I have no idea why I said this )quoting you) this in regards to Gudas's actions. My bad and I apologize - just an idiot move on my part!

That and saying "Gudas's" ;)

Lcsulla 11-18-2017 03:33 PM

Sorry, meat to say GudASS!!!!!!!

Dramageek 11-18-2017 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, I’ve been on a bit of an Ants hiatus, but I’m at my first game of the season. Not a bad one to make it to! Looks like not much has changed around here! :lol Hope yinz guys have been well.

bradshaw06 11-18-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16937378)
Hey all, I’ve been on a bit of an Ants hiatus, but I’m at my first game of the season. Not a bad one to make it to! Looks like not much has changed around here! :lol Hope yinz guys have been well.

Damn good game youre watching

Dramageek 11-18-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16937420)
Damn good game youre watching

Not my preferred result, but a terrific game nonetheless. Patrick Kane is always fun to watch.

Lcsulla 11-18-2017 06:52 PM

Wow, that Hawks Pens game was a great one to watch. Crawford and Murray were outstanding. Difference was Letang taking too many penalties and Chicago capitalizing on one of them and earlier Forsling netting a power play goal as well. Hope Crawford id OK, he got pretty beat up tonight but stood tall even after that concussion protocol that kept him out for a minute or two. As for that goal that was waved off, even the Pens didn't complain much because that was pretty clear that Maata skated into Crawford in the paint. All around great game, need a beer to celebrate that nail biter of a game. Two damn good teams and goalies showing their stuff! My only gripe is that the refs seemed to be calling questionable penalties on both teams - sometimes you have to just let them play unless it is something intentional and blatantly obvious.

mr.MikeD 11-18-2017 07:13 PM

Oilers suck, hockey sucks, everything sucks. First pick feels more likely than playoffs at this point.

Lcsulla 11-18-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16937434)
Not my preferred result, but a terrific game nonetheless. Patrick Kane is always fun to watch.

Agreed, Kane is very fun to watch, as is Crosby and Ovie!

~Crashintome89~ 11-18-2017 09:50 PM

Crosby sucks.

kev87lads 11-19-2017 07:28 AM

Flyers suck. Bad.

Lcsulla 11-19-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16937487)
Crosby sucks.

He is a damn good player, just going through a rough stretch that will pass - just like it does for every other superstar who goes through a drought in scoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16937531)
Flyers suck. Bad.

Their PK looked awful last night but they played a pretty damn good game. Elliot really needs to get his head on straight though.

lockman21 11-19-2017 05:45 PM

Hawks/Bruins next year for the WC and Pens/Flyers for a Stadium Series game?

The NHL isn’t even trying to hide it anymore.

JRS1386 11-19-2017 06:19 PM

If Gudas doesn't get 10 this league is #garageleague