Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 04-17-2017 09:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16768928)
Wow terrible good goal call in Calgary. Looked like it was definitely hit in with a high stick, at least from the angles we saw

No way, too close to overturn. Call on the ice was going to stand, no matter which way it went initially

Also, lol Leafs might actually slay the giant

And holy hell the comebacks tonight have been crazy. I can't sleep or pick a channel.

dmbetc 04-17-2017 09:52 PM

The amount of OTs thus far seems abnormal

hailtopitt 04-17-2017 10:05 PM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

lol wow blackhawks

Both top seeds may be eliminated by the end of the week

Lcsulla 04-17-2017 10:08 PM

What a bunch of bullshit, both the preds regular time goals were controversial. What a crock, game should have been over in regulation if the refs did their motherfucking jobs. Fuck nashville and I hope subban gets his clock cleaned next game and is out for the rest of the playoffs, fucking, over-rated cocksucking cheat.

dmbetc 04-17-2017 10:08 PM

Holy smokes

Lcsulla 04-17-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16768926)
What a crock of fucking bullshit. No way that wasn't goalie interference.

On two players no less, they should have disallowed that damn goal on either of the interference's. A good goal? My ass it was. Fuck nashville and their busted ass ugly sweaters.

hailtopitt 04-17-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16768940)
What a bunch of bullshit, both the preds regular time goals were controversial. What a crock, game should have been over in regulation if the refs did their motherfucking jobs. Fuck nashville and I hope subban gets his clock cleaned next game and is out for the rest of the playoffs, fucking, over-rated cocksucking cheat.

Lol this is as bad as a brohan melt

Yikes

Ducks complete the comeback too. I love the Saddledome so much but You could've heard a pin drop in there for the last 30 mins

dmbetc 04-17-2017 10:11 PM

What.A.Night.

hailtopitt 04-17-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16768944)
What.A.Night.

Like I said last week, this might be the best 1st round of matchups from top to bottom in years. The drama is unreal.

thechad90000 04-17-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16768940)

:lol First goal wasn't controversial at all. Second goal was incidental contact outside of the crease. Something something about being salty.

lockman21 04-17-2017 10:24 PM

Pretty simple on the Hawks end. Toews has 1 playoff goal since the June 2015 (start of TBL SCF). For a $10.5 million player, that's just not enough. Don't care how many faceoffs he wins or board battles or whatever, he needs to find the back of the net.

Not to mention Panarin has been completely invisible this series. Campbell/Oduya are both just downright bad.

That OT was awful. Ice was tilted Nashville's way the whole time. It just feel like "when" and not "if". They're being outplayed and making just absolutely awful decisions with the puck. It's not that Nashville wants it better or anything like that, they're just executing.

Not saying it's over, but it certainly feels like it.

dmbetc 04-17-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 16768946)
:lol First goal wasn't controversial at all. Second goal was incidental contact outside of the crease. Something something about being salty.

It's always the refs fault with Lcsulla.

rustysurf83 04-17-2017 10:27 PM

It is over

lockman21 04-17-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16768949)

And typically someone needs to "have their clock cleaned".

You'd think that someone who saw this happen to one of their favorite team's most respected players - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mX7LqBGo4 - wouldn't be so quick to wish injuries on other people.

Lcsulla 04-17-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16768949)

So you don't think that was interference on the tying goal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16768951)
And typically someone needs to "have their clock cleaned"

Frankly after his cheapshots on Toews I could care less if the prick drops dead.

dmbetc 04-17-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16768952)

Frankly after his cheapshots on Toews I could care less if the prick drops dead.

Jesus, it's a game.

And I think the argument to say good goal is fine. If they waved it off I would've been fine with that too. We all know goalie interference calls are not consistent across the league. They never will be.

But the reason the Hawks lost, and the reason they are one lose out of the playoffs, isn't because of bad calls or missed calls.

lockman21 04-17-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16768952)

Dial it back, man.

And frankly - it doesn't matter if it was interference or not. You can argue until your face turns blue, but the call was the call. Fact is, they had a chance to come out in OT and win it, and the Preds completely and utterly dominated overtime.

Hawks fumbling the puck, not crisp on passes...the Preds are just executing better.

fonzz41 04-17-2017 11:00 PM

One of the things I was most looking forward to was the Lcsulla melt. He did not disappoint. Don't worry, tomorrow he will give his explanation about how he gets caught up in the moment and how he's not a violent guy. Like clockwork.

Chris, as ever, with the reasoned argument.

And man, I'd feel bad for Chris and Barbs, but how awesome would it be for the Caps and Hawks to be out in the first round?!

Lcsulla 04-17-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16768955)
One of the things I was most looking forward to was the Lcsulla melt. He did not disappoint. Don't worry, tomorrow he will give his explanation about how he gets caught up in the moment and how he's not a violent guy!

No, I am not violent (been in exactly two fights and one was because some drunk raped my girlfriend so I put him in the hospital for almost a year and the other was on the ice when some jackass intentionally hit me in the head with his stick (no helmet mandate back then) so I went right at him and flattened him) even tonight but that game was horseshit. Two controversial goals, subban being an asshole as usual fucking with a FAR better player. This series should be 2-1 preds but apparently no one saw the 2 interference's on Crawford during the tying goal even with clear cut videos of both!

dmbetc 04-17-2017 11:48 PM

You may not be violent in the physical sense but you're very aggressive. There's no reason to wish someone dead. Not even a hockey game.

fonzz41 04-18-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16768957)
No, I am not violent (been in exactly two fights and one was because some drunk raped my girlfriend so I put him in the hospital for almost a year and the other was on the ice when some jackass intentionally hit me in the head with his stick (no helmet mandate back then) so I went right at him and flattened him) even tonight but that game was horseshit. Two controversial goals, subban being an asshole as usual fucking with a FAR better player. This series should be 2-1 preds but apparently no one saw the 2 interference's on Crawford during the tying goal even with clear cut videos of both!

Lost in your complaints about the refs is the fact that the Predators are simply playing better hockey than the Blackhawks. Their transition from defense to offense is impeccable, their breakouts crisp, their defensemen know when to join the rush, and when they do, they attack with a ferocity that drives the opponents back and opens up space. They are creative and unselfish in the offensive zone, with a smothering forecheck. On defense, they are holding the blueline and playing the body with aplomb, negating the skillset of a guy like Panarin. They simply want it.

The Blackhawks are the better team, but the Predators are playing better hockey. And it's awfully fun to watch.

If you've played and watched the game for as long as you say you have, you know that, even when there are questionable calls, the responsibility for losing rarely falls solely on the officiating crew.

All that being said, I'm awfully interested to see an experienced Blackhawks team with their backs against the wall in Game 4. That will be a helluva game.

dmbetc 04-18-2017 12:05 AM

For the record, I like Subban. He gets under the skin of players (even "far better ones"). He was definitely pestering Towes. That's playoff hockey, it's in every game.

Take a look at the Senators Bruins ending. Ryan not getting a penalty, but drawing a penalty, lead to a PP then him scoring the OT GWG. Stuff gets missed, always. It sucks. But just take a deep breath.

fonzz41 04-18-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16768960)
For the record, I like Subban. He gets under the skin of players (even "far better ones"). He was definitely pestering Towes. That's playoff hockey, it's in every game.

Take a look at the Senators Bruins ending. Ryan not getting a penalty, but drawing a penalty, lead to a PP then him scoring the OT GWG. Stuff gets missed, always. It sucks. But just take a deep breath.

To the bolded: And I thought we were friends.

And also, yes to the other stuff you said.

fonzz41 04-18-2017 12:13 AM

One of the worst fights I was ever in was when I was trying to convince H2P that fighting is an important part of hockey. It got wild in here for a couple pages. Now we're friends.

There was also this time where a guy took a whack at my goalie after he had covered the puck. I Foote-cross-checked him without even thinking, only to then notice he was much bigger than me. That wasn't one of my best moments. He and I are not friends now.

So yeah, been in a few scraps in my day.

dmbetc 04-18-2017 12:21 AM

:lol :lol

barbogast 04-18-2017 04:07 AM

Lcsulla embarrasses himself once again

Good lord dude. For a guy spoiled with recent playoff success, I'd suggest chilling the fuck out a little bit.

Trust me, it could be a lot worse.

barbogast 04-18-2017 04:15 AM

Matt Niskanen finally fucking acknowledged that this might be a mental thing with the Caps now. It's about time somebody stopped pretending it was anything else.

barbogast 04-18-2017 04:22 AM

Just watched all the player interviews after the game just now. Backstrom denied it. Carlson denied it. Ovechkin denied it. All pushed the "Caps can't go deep" narrative to the side and acted like it doesn't matter and that they aren't thinking about that.

And Niskanen was like yeah. The game changed when we didn't score on the extended 5 on 3 and follow up powerplay. The narrative exists because we keep writing it. Until we change it, it's there.

God bless you, Matt.

JRS1386 04-18-2017 04:23 AM

Where is Bron at? He seems to thrive in the woe is me situations. Also, just watched the tying goal and its fine the way it stands. Doesn't interference need to happen in the crease? If we start to coddle goalies and give them more and more protection then it will be a bad take by the league

barbogast 04-18-2017 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16768972)
Where is Bron at? He seems to thrive in the woe is me situations. Also, just watched the tying goal and its fine the way it stands. Doesn't interference need to happen in the crease? If we start to coddle goalies and give them more and more protection then it will be a bad take by the league

Something something blind cocksucker Stevie Wonder prick. I hope someone knocks that motherfucker dead something something.

:rolleyes