Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 06-15-2016 08:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16467115)
I guess. But seriously, Saad last year and Teravainen this year? Quad wow.

Yeah, you know how good a team is when they can part with two really good young players and still remain competitive.

If you're Bickell, do you feel terrible for Tuevo? Like, "sorry kid... you were the only reason the Canes would take me. And our former team wanted to get rid of me THAT bad."

TMoore4075 06-15-2016 09:11 AM

That's what happens in a cap world and you've got 2 (virtually) max players. Nice to drop Bickell though.

Bron Yr Aur 06-15-2016 09:32 AM

Absurdly bad deal for the Hawks.

TMoore4075 06-15-2016 09:52 AM

On the expansion front, this is kinda fun for the cap nerds out there.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

fonzz41 06-15-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16467182)

Not at all.

I mean, let's just say it was Tuevo for the 2nd, straight up. That alone is a fair trade. Yeah, yeah, I know Tuevo's up and coming, but I wouldn't pay a 1st for him right now.

On top of that you unload Bickell's salary AND get a 3rd thrown in there?

And with the Blackhawks scouting staff, those two picks could pay dividends.

TheLastPig 06-15-2016 10:05 AM

Hagelin on the parade stage

"Me and Nick just want to say what an honor it is to play the the legend Phil Kessel. Phil the Thrill!!"

:lol :lol :lol

hailtopitt 06-15-2016 10:17 AM

Phil Kessel literally ran away from the microphone. serious stage fright

didn't think he could move that fast without skates

TMoore4075 06-15-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16467248)
Not at all.

I mean, let's just say it was Tuevo for the 2nd, straight up. That alone is a fair trade. Yeah, yeah, I know Tuevo's up and coming, but I wouldn't pay a 1st for him right now.

Yep all of this. You gotta make these moves sometimes and the Hawks just freed up a bunch of cap space. Hawks are looking ahead imo, which is what you have to do. This is nothing compared to sending guys away after 10 and 13 and they "retooled" just fine.

TMoore4075 06-15-2016 10:26 AM

Mike Lange looking pretty old.

TheLastPig 06-15-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16467286)

Yeah he wanted nothing to do with that. You can tell he was having the time of his life though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16467332)
Mike Lange looking pretty old.

Yeah he's getting up there, he's lost a few steps over the past couple years but his voice is still great for radio.

Brohan_Santana 06-15-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16465997)
philly is more pissed off that wawa lost to sheetz in a recent convenience store poll. So philly.com created a poll to ask people which convenience store was better...obviously wawa won since there is no sheetz east of reading...they did it so they could feel good about themselves. God this city reeks.

Though some of you think I'm not very intelligent about hockey :lol I am very versed in the Sheetz vs Wawa battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trd1610 06-15-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16467248)
Not at all.

Yeah absolutely. Sometimes you've just got to get yourself out from under a hefty contract. Blackhawks will be fine and turn the picks into solid contributors.

I think it's a pretty smart move by the Canes too to get a young player who can keep developing and although the Bickell's contract is expensive they have a ton of space.

fonzz41 06-15-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16467359)
Yeah absolutely. Sometimes you've just got to get yourself out from under a hefty contract. Blackhawks will be fine and turn the picks into solid contributors.

I think it's a pretty smart move by the Canes too to get a young player who can keep developing and although the Bickell's contract is expensive they have a ton of space.

:thumbsup Yes. Good move by Ron Francis. Tuevo will fit in well on the young Canes. And Bickell, although he's overpriced when considering his skill level, is by all accounts a solid team guy with experience who you want in a young dressing room. Like you said, the Canes' cap situation minimizes his hit.

barbogast 06-15-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Unless he was heading to McDonald's, of course

fonzz41 06-15-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16467384)
Unless he was heading to McDonald's, of course

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Was there by chance a food truck close by? Anything with burgers?

Brohan_Santana 06-15-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Must have been a hot dog sale next door

Brohan_Santana 06-15-2016 10:51 AM

If the Hawks were a bad org that trade would have been rough or never happened. All in all its a fair trade. Also not sure if it helped the Canes meet cap min this year or not...

hailtopitt 06-15-2016 10:59 AM

whoever ate the most junk food while watching their team play this season should win the inaugural Phil Kessel Award

TheLastPig 06-15-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16467420)
whoever ate the most junk food while watching their team play this season should win the inaugural Phil Kessel Award

*raises hand

BeyondKnight 06-15-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

I crushed an entire package of Oreos during game 6 from the nerves alone.

hailtopitt 06-15-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16467424)
*raises hand

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16467430)
I crushed an entire package of Oreos during game 6 from the nerves alone.

:lol i would be a candidate except during game 5, after the Pens tied the game at 2, i broke my beer glass and got shards all over the pizza we ordered

i didn't feel like dealing with a bleeding throat so we threw it away, but something tells me Kessel would've toughed it out anyway

fonzz41 06-15-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16467441)
:lol i would be a candidate except during game 5, after the Pens tied the game at 2, i broke my beer glass and got shards all over the pizza we ordered

i didn't feel like dealing with a bleeding throat so we threw it away, but something tells me Kessel would've toughed it out anyway

:lol:lol:lol Pure gold.

PS - I'm trying to line up the Ants awards with the NHL Awards. I'll be honest, I want to see which guys who joined us during the playoffs are gonna stick around before I go making up an award for them. My creativity has significant, set bounds.

hailtopitt 06-15-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16467496)
:lol:lol:lol Pure gold.

PS - I'm trying to line up the Ants awards with the NHL Awards. I'll be honest, I want to see which guys who joined us during the playoffs are gonna stick around before I go making up an award for them. My creativity has significant, set bounds.

i'm pretty sure we can get Jay Mohr to host the Ants awards

he's literally got nothing better to do

BeyondKnight 06-15-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16467441)

My wife literally pulled the bottle of Sam I was clutching out of my hand during the 3rd period.

Of course that's not counting the piles of Consol nachos during the regular season, or the steaks from the Caps series...

Ok, lets just say I am a fatty and probably should win this one.

Lcsulla 06-15-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 16467182)

By what barometer? Seems like a win win to me. Yeah, sure TT is very young and has a lot of potential but plenty of guys have been in his spot and not progressed as well as the scouts hoped. Bickell has not really accomplished much since the 2012-2013 season. Now the Hawks get a couple of draft picks, some cap space to resign Shaw and possibly Ladd if they can backload the contract (and/or if the NHL ups the cap a bit as they are debating) and no more need to consider buying out Bickell.

Canes didn't give up much really but they added a veteran who has two stanley cup wins to his name and TT who has one plus spending 2 seasons in the locker room with vets like Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Hossa, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Sharpe, etc, etc had to rub off on him making him more mature than others of his age.

Really not seeing a downside for Chicago here. Essentially their lines will mirror last season:

Shaw/Toews/Hossa
Kane/Anisimov/Panarin
Panik/Desjardins/Fleischmann
Weise/Kruger/Mashinter

Keith/TVR
Seabrook/Hjalmarsson
Svedberg/Rozsival
with either Ehrhoff or Rundblad in reserve for D.

Crawford/Darling.

Also, they have some guys in their system ready for entry level NHL contracts who may make an impact at some point and they can still bargain shop in the KHL if they need to add someone.

Basically I like this trade a lot and I doubt it will much impact Chicago next season. Sure I would like to have kept TT to see how he fared with more ice time (plus I like that he can play both center and wing) and I am happy to see Bickell go because he was injured as often as a DH playing centerfield! Barring no major moves, blockbuster trades or injuries to key guys I think Chicago will be in the top 5 for cup contention once again next year.

Lcsulla 06-15-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I will go ahead and nominate myself on this one. I watched nearly every Hawks game this year and I probably ate 50 cartons of ice cream, untold bags of chips, more hershey bars than you could buy in PA, 55 gallons of coffee, bags of Twix/3 Musketeers/Snickers/Milky Way's and plenty of gummy stuff!

Add in beer and the occasional xanax and I have a pretty good shot at this award. :lol

TheLastPig 06-15-2016 11:58 AM

This kid deserves a high five

https://twitter.com/mariamac58/statu...04993788624896

barbogast 06-15-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16467591)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Outstanding

Dramageek 06-15-2016 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16467591)

That's phenomenal. :lol

My co-worker's gf was at the parade today and got some good pictures, including this wonderful sight.

barbogast 06-15-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16467636)
That's phenomenal. :lol

My co-worker's gf was at the parade today and got some good pictures, including this wonderful sight.

Needs more Fat Kessel