Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2016 12:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Caps need to play a lot better if they're going to win the cup. Especially offensively. I was not impressed by their 5 on 5 play.

barbogast 04-24-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16386514)
Yeah, I'd love a Caps/Hawks SCF. Obviously would want the Hawks to win the Cup...but since Hank is now out, Ovie is one of the guys outside Chicago that I'd love to see hoist the Cup.

He's changed his game so much since Trotz came on board. His personality has always been infectious, but it was his lazy defensive play is always what bothered me about him (and his hit on Brian Campbell years ago), but ever since Trotz...he's been so much better. I've gone from hating Ovie's game to really enjoying it.

I mean, Mike Green is gone, Ovie's game is better, Brouwer is out of Washington, I love Oshie, love Trotz...they're a lot more likable this year than in year's past. If only they didn't have that awful goal horn, I'd really be behind them.

:thumbsup awesome. I'm glad to hear people are coming around more on Ovie. I think he's worked really hard and it's nice to hear him get so much praise these days.

The siren rocks though.

lockman21 04-24-2016 12:21 PM

Siren sucks so awful. Nevermind, I hate the Caps again.

barbogast 04-24-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16386516)
Caps need to play a lot better if they're going to win the cup. Especially offensively. I was not impressed by their 5 on 5 play.

They're not gonna win the Cup :lol

Seriously though, I didn't watch today but overall I do agree the 5 on 5 play didn't look really great for very much of the series. The 3rd period of game 4 and all of game 5 are the exceptions I would say. I haven't heard much about how today went yet. That's definitely gotta tighten up. Pittsburgh is going to be much tougher.

But that's for another day though. Today we conga

barbogast 04-24-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16386522)
Siren sucks so awful. Nevermind, I hate the Caps again.

:lol nooooooo

JRS1386 04-24-2016 12:28 PM

Well that was fun while it lasted. Fuck you barbs

Lcsulla 04-24-2016 01:08 PM

Congrats Barbs, they earned that. Tough road foreword but in truth they are probably the most well balanced and impressive team to come out of the east in a while - plus Holtby is the great equalizer.

Like Lockman said, I too would love to see a Caps/Hawks SCF - where I'd be cheering like hell for the Hawks. That would make for a great series. Sure both teams have a while to go before we burn that bridge, fortunately for you the Caps are 1 game closer to the final than the Hawks!

barbogast 04-24-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16386525)
Well that was fun while it lasted. Fuck you barbs

Oh, you don't mean that :hug

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16386542)
Congrats Barbs, they earned that. Tough road foreword but in truth they are probably the most well balanced and impressive team to come out of the east in a while - plus Holtby is the great equalizer.

Like Lockman said, I too would love to see a Caps/Hawks SCF - where I'd be cheering like hell for the Hawks. That would make for a great series. Sure both teams have a while to go before we burn that bridge, fortunately for you the Caps are 1 game closer to the final than the Hawks!

I don't see the Caps coming out of the East. Their series against the Pens is going to be a blood bath.

I really like Tampa.

aeroshady 04-24-2016 01:46 PM

Congrats Barbs! Keeping with my word from last year, I am pulling for you and the Caps now that we are out!

Brohan_Santana 04-24-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Good thing no one gives a shit what you think

barbogast 04-24-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16386562)
Congrats Barbs! Keeping with my word from last year, I am pulling for you and the Caps now that we are out!

:thumbsup I hope we don't let you down

Also, just saw the Backstrom high sticking thing. Wow.

Brohan_Santana 04-24-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16386569)
:thumbsup I hope we don't let you down

Also, just saw the Backstrom high sticking thing. Wow.

#Backstrom'sRevenge

CrushB610 04-24-2016 02:27 PM

Felt like a series that should have been over in 4 but flyers squeezed a couple more out of it.

Overall this season is about what I expected from this team... Hovering around a possible playoff berth and a team that could maybe make some noise if they got in. Future looks bright with all the young blue liners the organization has as well as some younger core players. If Voracek bounces back and Schenn follow up what he did this year on the front line they will have that secondary scoring they needed.

Just wanted to say been a pleasure in this thread for last couple weeks. I rarely venture into this thread during the regular season . Seems like a close knit bunch in here that all know the sport well, lotta good chatter with most of it being about as unbiased as you can get talking sports which is nice. Props. That being said, with the flyers outta it now I will see myself out :lol I only missed a handful flyers games this year and was at 10 games myself , love the game but I just can't get into the rest of the league like you guys can. Enjoy and btw, Go Caps!

kev87lads 04-24-2016 02:34 PM

Caps in 6. Just as I predicted. Maybe not how I saw it getting to that point though.

Flyers in good shape moving forward. Were lucky to get into the playoffs and the experience will only help for the guys that will still be here and be part of the core moving forward.

Need to rid them selves of a couple of defensmen and let a couple kids join the fray there. Let Konecny make the team and sign a scoring winger free agent. That should make them a bit faster and give them a second scoring line.

Please with this season on the whole. Great job by hastol getting the team in the dance and never panicking during the season. Stayed the course, etc. Good for him considering he's only coached college before.

~Crashintome89~ 04-24-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16386566)
Good thing no one gives a shit what you think

If no one gives a shit what I think, then they certainly give a flying shit about what you think either.

bradshaw06 04-24-2016 02:44 PM

The thing I loved most about that series win for the Pens is what it represented. The pens for the first time in years relied on youth and depth over deadline deals for vets. The impact of those AHL guys was paramount to this teams win. Not to mention the team finally picking an identity building on it. The additions of Hagelin and Daley and subtracting slow as molasses Scuderi and Perron was strokes of genius. Very exciting time for this team.

bradshaw06 04-24-2016 02:44 PM

Brohan Brohaning. Some things never change.

bradshaw06 04-24-2016 02:52 PM

This game is crazy.

Climb2safety 04-24-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Theyre gonna need a lot more goals to go in verses what they had in the last three games, thats for sure. They looked really flat in game 4 but played solid i thought in the last two. Game 5 was just a fluke goal for the flyers and great goaltending.

Brohan_Santana 04-24-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16386601)
Brohan Brohaning. Some things never change.

Wut? Going to be a dandy of a series coming up, eh?

bradshaw06 04-24-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16386611)
Wut? Going to be a dandy of a series coming up, eh?

Looking forward to it. Crazy these two have only met once in the Crosby-Ovi era.

Climb2safety 04-24-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16386590)
Caps in 6. Just as I predicted. Maybe not how I saw it getting to that point though.

Flyers in good shape moving forward. Were lucky to get into the playoffs and the experience will only help for the guys that will still be here and be part of the core moving forward.

Need to rid them selves of a couple of defensmen and let a couple kids join the fray there. Let Konecny make the team and sign a scoring winger free agent. That should make them a bit faster and give them a second scoring line.

Please with this season on the whole. Great job by hastol getting the team in the dance and never panicking during the season. Stayed the course, etc. Good for him considering he's only coached college before.

And what about goaltending next year? Did Neuvirth coming in and playing well mean anything for next season?

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:01 PM

Uh, this Wild/Stars game is fucking amazing.

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:02 PM

That's a penalty shot. That's a fucking penalty shot. Call it right.

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:02 PM

Holy shit that might actually be a goal!

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:03 PM

Nope, nevermind. Not a goal.

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:04 PM

Can't review the hand thing, I guess. Jesus. Can't believe that didn't go in.

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:05 PM

13 seconds from the Stars advancing. I'm obviously hoping Dallas wins so there's still hockey happening when I move down in a couple weeks.

lockman21 04-24-2016 03:05 PM

That'll basically do it. What a crazy game though!