Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Fucking Holtby man. He was really good tonight. Caps pp has shown up big time and that's hugely refreshing. Honestly the Flyers were probably the better team for the majority of the game. The shots stat is a little misleading but especially in the first, the Flyers looked very good. Overall I didn't think the Caps were bad, but they were certainly opportunistic. And they got a great game from Holtby.

We'll see what happens in game three. There's a lot to be satisfied with from a Caps fan perspective but obviously I'm still apprehensive

Climb2safety 04-16-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376345)
You're obviously not good at reading your own posts, but if I were you I wouldn't read them either.

I stand by the post you quoted but I'm certainly not perftect if that's what your getting at.

I seriously think that if I had anyone to make that pass I'd want him. And your right Toews and others are great players. You pointing him out to me was appreciated.

I don't claim not to be a homer and a lot of you follow the nhl closer than I do. I think that's cool. I've watched it a long time though too and have a first year bantam so there's that.

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376354)
My challenge was to him being the best at it. I don't think he is but that doesn't mean I don't think he is elite

Oh he's clearly not the best. He's not even the best center on his team anymore

I tried to convince this thread Nicky was better than Crosby one time

Didn't work :lol

JRS1386 04-16-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16376358)
Fucking Holtby man. He was really good tonight. Caps pp has shown up big time and that's hugely refreshing. Honestly the Flyers were probably the better team for the majority of the game. The shots stat is a little misleading but especially in the first, the Flyers looked very good. Overall I didn't think the Caps were bad, but they were certainly opportunistic. And they got a great game from Holtby.

We'll see what happens in game three. There's a lot to be satisfied with from a Caps fan perspective but obviously I'm still apprehensive

This is all correct and fuck you :lol

JRS1386 04-16-2016 07:31 PM

Special teams and Holtby are the biggest factors in this series

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376363)
This is all correct and fuck you :lol

Yeah I mean, it's just the first two games. Not like the Caps haven't blown this before

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376364)
Special teams and Holtby are the biggest factors in this series

Agreed. If the Caps can continue to overwhelm in these categories they might be able to pull it off

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376304)
Why do you do ie and not y on Philly?

Doesn't really matter. I worked right outside Phillie and pretty much everyone spelled it that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16376332)
We'll see. I'm very hesitant, but the Caps have looked good. The Flyers haven't really been bad, the Caps have just been better. So we'll see. Like I said, I'm hesitant. They were supposed to win on home ice. I'll feel a little better if they get one on the road.

I would be very confident, a sweep would not surprise me at all. Honestly, the Flyers are like the Wild - they are just filling a playoff slot and have zero chance of making a run IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16376351)
Also if anyone wants to challenge how elite Backstrom is, I will obviously come to his defense

Agreed and I think anyone who is a hockey fan would not think to knock the guy. He is just damn good and I am almost certain those comments were pure sarcasm.

Psyched to see the LA/SJ game in 15 minutes. If the Kings lose again they are in trouble, not that they aren't capable of flipping a switch, increasing their production and rattling off 3 straight but if they go down 2-0 that is tough hole to climb out of!

Roose13 04-16-2016 07:34 PM

Caps are dangerous if Holtby plays this way.

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16376367)
I would be very confident, a sweep would not surprise me at all

Yeah I don't know about this

Climb2safety 04-16-2016 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376354)
My challenge was to him being the best at it. I don't think he is but that doesn't mean I don't think he is elite

You shit all over my opinion. Backstrom I believe is third in assists over the last three seasons. My comment was valid even for a homer.

JRS1386 04-16-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16376371)
You shit all over my opinion. Backstrom I believe is third in assists over the last three seasons. My comment was valid even for a homer.

You said he was the best. He is not. Case closed

barbogast 04-16-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16376371)

He's a top 5 center. At least top 7-10 center. He's also not the best center in the world. Sounds like we're all in agreeance here.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Fucking Holtby man. He was really good tonight.

Yeah, he is amazing, if he doesn't get the Vezina I will be shocked. The only goal he gave up was just an amazing play by Voracek and I don't think any goalies could have stopped that.

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16376369)
Yeah I don't know about this

I have no bias in this series but if the Caps keep putting up goals at this rate and Holtby keeps up this level of play the Flyers are cooked, maybe they win one at home but in all honesty I think they will take care of business and sweep Phillie.

Climb2safety 04-16-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16376288)
19 puts that on his linemates stick better than anyone else in the league.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376373)
You said he was the best. He is not. Case closed

Meh. I think he makes that pass the best and said that and nothing more. It doesn't hurt he's putting it right on the tape of the human scoring machine.

I think he's a great passer. You obviously disagree. Happy to move on. I'm not trying to cause trouble.

CrushB610 04-16-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

on point analysis.. not as good as the flyers fans on my fbook feed that are blaming mason. I just saw a Neurvith > Mason post. Smh.

JRS1386 04-16-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16376367)
Doesn't really matter. I worked right outside Phillie and pretty much everyone spelled it that way.

Where at exactly?

lockman21 04-16-2016 08:00 PM

Who the hell is calling this Kings/Sharks game?

"The only healthy scratch is Alec Martinez, who is hurt."

............what?

https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy.gif

trd1610 04-16-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16376375)
Yeah, he is amazing, if he doesn't get the Vezina I will be shocked. The only goal he gave up was just an amazing play by Voracek and I don't think any goalies could have stopped that.

I'll say I'm admittedly a bit biased but I think Ben Bishop deserves some Vezina love. Leads the league in GAA, 2nd in save percentage, obviously the wins are vastly different than Holtby, but Bishop has the shutout edge 6-3.

lockman21 04-16-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 16376338)
Speaking of odd goals - go watch the BS goal Dallas scored.

Garbage. Can't believe they let it stand.
Was kicked, then net came off.

I mean, that was about as bad as I've seen. No way that should be a goal.

Climb2safety 04-16-2016 08:03 PM

I honestly intended to only give Backstrom props. No one ever won a 4 game series in 2 and I expect a great fight back in Philly. I remember all the devastating losses to ever be anything but optimistic for my team.

Lcsulla 04-16-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376383)
Where at exactly?

South Jersey, right across that bridge that will take you right into Philadelphia. We could leave the office and be in the city in 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.

lockman21 04-16-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16376388)
I mean, that was about as bad as I've seen. No way that should be a goal.

Actually, just read the explanation of the rules. I take this back. Really bizarre, but good goal.

dmbetc 04-16-2016 08:30 PM

Uggggghhh

lockman21 04-16-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16376394)
Actually, just read the explanation of the rules. I take this back. Really bizarre, but good goal.

Actually, nevermind. I don't know. That "goal" is so weird. The more I think about it, the more I have no idea if it was good or not...which means there's no way they should overturn it.

Right? I don't know. So weird.

JRS1386 04-16-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16376392)
South Jersey, right across that bridge that will take you right into Philadelphia. We could leave the office and be in the city in 5-10 minutes depending on traffic.

No wonder why you spelled it wrong :lol. I grew up in the burns of Philly and have never seen it spelled with an ie

dmbetc 04-16-2016 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look for my pink shoes

JRS1386 04-16-2016 08:49 PM

Thank god those hairy legs are covered

lockman21 04-16-2016 09:01 PM

God that beard is so bad, Jumbo Joe.