Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

UCFish 04-15-2015 10:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15910955)
Talking about the Hawks?

Nope not at all

dmbetc 04-15-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 15911385)
Nope not at all

Touché! That was a good game.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 04:20 AM

Preds pulled a Pens last night

lockman21 04-16-2015 04:31 AM

:lol Chad was super salty last night.

Also :lol at the notion that the refs and Darling are the only reason the Hawks won.

lockman21 04-16-2015 04:38 AM

Subban's slash for those that haven't seen it:

https://streamable.com/wjlw

And this is exactly why so many people don't like him. Look at how he whines like a little kid that got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15911455)

And this is exactly why so many people don't like him. Look at how he whines like a little kid that got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

over/under 3.5 bananas thrown at him when the series shifts to Ottawa?

lucky for him Boston is out of it

unccrombie 04-16-2015 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15911455)

what a temper tantrum.
j.f.c.

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 05:11 AM

Awful way for the Preds to lose. When you start off like that and blow the lead and then lose, that's tough. I would be scared about the next game if I was a Preds fan, not happy about it. I wouldn't want to give a experienced (yep said experienced) and talented team like the Hawks any confidence. Game 2 I think will be huge now. I want to see how the Preds respond.

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 05:24 AM

So, PK (douche), you think he'll get suspended or was the game misconduct and the 5 enough? It was pretty vicious. He slid his hands up to do that. I'm guessing he won't get suspended. Why he was upset he was getting a penalty (before he knew how many minutes) I dunno. He acted like he did nothing wrong.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 05:27 AM

it reminded me of the adam graves slash on lemieux

not quite as vicious but same intent

~Crashintome89~ 04-16-2015 05:57 AM

anyone who thinks Scott Darling won't play like that again is a moron. Look at the Hawks D, you really think the Perds are going to have any chance to put up more than three goals again?

Crawford just shit the bed.

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 06:00 AM

Crawford will start game 2 I think. He's your guy and I think he gets another shot.

unccrombie 04-16-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15911501)
it reminded me of the adam graves slash on lemieux

not quite as vicious but same intent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqvx...=youtu.be&t=30

this one? yeah. agreed. wicked memory, suga

socopithy 04-16-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15911450)
:lol Chad was super salty last night.

Also :lol at the notion that the refs and Darling are the only reason the Hawks won.

http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-con...0.26.45-AM.png

jk man, I love Chad. :lol

unccrombie 04-16-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15911538)
Crawford will start game 2 I think. He's your guy and I think he gets another shot.

has to be.

lockman21 04-16-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15911534)
anyone who thinks Scott Darling won't play like that again is a moron. Look at the Hawks D, you really think the Perds are going to have any chance to put up more than three goals again?

Crawford just shit the bed.

Eh, goal 1 was 100% on Rozsival. I have no idea what kind angle he was trying to take there when he crossed back over towards center ice when he had Keith on his left, but he left Crawford high and dry. I mean, rewatch that goal and just watch Rozsival. He literally gives up the net to the rushing player (Wilson, I think). I don't know what he was doing.

The second is obviously on Craw. The third was redirected right in front of him, not sure how you can put that one on him either.

So I wouldn't say he "shit the bed" at all. Obviously we'd like to have at least one of those back, but the team just wasn't playing well that first period in front of him. They looked all out of sorts.

lockman21 04-16-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15911538)

100%, I'm sure it's not even a question for Joel.

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15911555)
100%, I'm sure it's not even a question for Joel.

I look back at the Wings in 08 against the Preds actually. Hasek gave up a few bad ones that lead to a loss in game 3. Went back with him in game 4 to give him another shot. He struggled early and switched to Ozzie in game and from then on...wow. Think won 9 in a row after that and 14-4 the rest of the way. Crawford won you a Cup two years ago and the WCF's last year. You don't yank him after 1 game, especially since you won anyways.

~Crashintome89~ 04-16-2015 06:20 AM

Also, Brohan has no commentary from his own game last night?

TMoore4075 04-16-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15911561)

Now that would be shit the bed. Or...same old Caps.

Ya know I think the Wings will lose this series, because the Lightning are a talented, good team, and the Wings have been struggling. So expecting a loss is no big deal. It's gotta really suck to have a team that's playing well, going up against a team that has struggled and still expecting a loss.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15911542)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqvx...=youtu.be&t=30

this one? yeah. agreed. wicked memory, suga

yep that's the one. super dirty

and i don't think many penguins fans will forget about that one. put lemieux out for the series

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 06:25 AM

the rangers were real assholes in that series.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2015 06:26 AM

great hockey last night.

well except for isles/caps. caps just looked disinterested. odd for a Trotz team at home in the playoffs.
CBJ twitter account was on fire last night.

This Sen/Habs series is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I'm not sure I can stick with my original prediction of it going 7, Hammond needs to play a lot better but that game last night was just raw entertainment.

unccrombie 04-16-2015 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15911570)
the rangers were real assholes in that series.

hope we take it to your butt-holes tonight

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15911572)
great hockey last night.

well except for isles/caps. caps just looked disinterested. odd for a Trotz team at home in the playoffs.

This Sen/Habs series is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I'm not sure I can stick with my original prediction of it going 7, Hammond needs to play a lot better but that game last night was just raw entertainment.

:thumbsup

socopithy 04-16-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15911572)
great hockey last night.

Caps looked lost all night. Isles just took advantage of it. Great momentum game.

Hope the Caps don't wake up tomorrow.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15911575)
hope we take it to your butt-holes tonight

me too. that sounds hot

salrx95 04-16-2015 06:31 AM

So much for the play of the teams in DC last night the last few weeks of the season. Holtby gives up that first questionable goal and Isles seemed in control from then on. The kids on the Isles were the "seasoned vets" last night. Halak's misplay leading to their goal was a possible game changer but it surprisingly didn't happen. There was very little push back from the Caps last night, which will surely change in Game 2. Boychuk was such a leader, talking to the guys lots, like another assistant coach. Chimera acted like a dirty pos all night long. He needs to get his at some point.

lockman21 04-16-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15911558)
I look back at the Wings in 08 against the Preds actually. Hasek gave up a few bad ones that lead to a loss in game 3. Went back with him in game 4 to give him another shot. He struggled early and switched to Ozzie in game and from then on...wow. Think won 9 in a row after that and 14-4 the rest of the way. Crawford won you a Cup two years ago and the WCF's last year. You don't yank him after 1 game, especially since you won anyways.

Yup, gotta keep 50 in net.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15911561)

He's just too worried about how Blackhawk drunk the "Blackhawks bandwagon" is right now.

hailtopitt 04-16-2015 06:33 AM

still not certain why people are so sure that the Caps will have "push back"

i mean, they might, but not sure why anyone would believe it until they see it

typical playoff capitals to me. just like the penguins, honestly.

~Crashintome89~ 04-16-2015 06:34 AM

The Islanders are the better team overall, IMO.