Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 02-06-2015 07:19 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15806060)
Sorry Greg don't mean to keep picking your post apart but I found another hole. Hank has 0 gold medals since Quick came into the NHL. In fact they both have the same amount of Olympic medals since then, 1 silver each.

I'll actually argue that Quick didn't play for that silver. Thus it is not relevant. But yeah either way, I put those stats together while in an Advanced Calc 5 class....I chose to pay more attention to my class. Furthermore, the slight holes still don't disprove my point that Hank is as good in playoff situations.

Hilly 02-06-2015 07:21 AM

Grubauer is recalled from Hershey to the Caps. Caps officially unstoppable? Quite possibly.

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15806530)
I'll actually argue that Quick didn't play for that silver. Thus it is not relevant. But yeah either way, I put those stats together while in an Advanced Calc 5 class....I chose to pay more attention to my class. Furthermore, the slight holes still don't disprove my point that Hank is as good in playoff situations.

yea we already established that they have identical playoff numbers

all i said is that i would take Quick over Hank as my personal preference and it turned into melt city

barbogast 02-06-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15806530)

Haha I was just pickin at ya bud ;)

lockman21 02-06-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15806466)
More on Kane, the problem with trying to trade him now is that is was placed on the IR, and is one phone call away from season-ending surgery. Does he get traded? That's almost a certainty. Does it happen before the end of the year? Who knows...

He's been a great team-player this year, up until this week. A self-proclaimed 50 goal scorer playing on the 3rd line and hasn't complained/bitched about it once. The whole team has (had?) bought into the team-first mentatlity and that's why they are making the playoff push that they are. It's such a weird, weird situation.

This is the part I sort of disagree with. There's no way that this was just an isolated incident. He got in trouble for violating team rules in April last year. Quotes like this:

NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."

Don't just come out because he wore a track suit to a team meeting once. This has to have been something that has been building up over time. Whether it's Kane being upset about his TOI, his linemates, or what have you...there's no way Kane has been a great teammate all year, wore a tracksuit one day, and then it became this.

barbogast 02-06-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 15806536)
Grubauer is recalled from Hershey to the Caps. Caps officially unstoppable? Quite possibly.

What does this even mean?

unccrombie 02-06-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15806577)
What does this even mean?

he's a goalie.
will dominate?

barbogast 02-06-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15806576)
This is the part I sort of disagree with. There's no way that this was just an isolated incident. He got in trouble for violating team rules in April last year. Quotes like this:

NHLJets Wheeler on rules: “There’s a standard that everyone needs to live up to. If you don’t like it then there’s other places to go."

Don't just come out because he wore a track suit to a team meeting once. This has to have been something that has been building up over time. Whether it's Kane being upset about his TOI, his linemates, or what have you...there's no way Kane has been a great teammate all year, wore a tracksuit one day, and then it became this.

Yeah, the more I learn about the situation it's starting to sound like Kane just has an attitude problem and, for whatever reason, puts himself in the spotlight by pulling all this BS instead of letting his on ice play put him in the spotlight. That's not a very good thing to see from a young player like him.

barbogast 02-06-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15806581)
he's a goalie.
will dominate?

:lol still not following

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15806117)
Agree with both Barbs and Chris, re: Kane. He'd make a GREAT Flyer, eh?

Speaking of, Timmo is the epitome of a hockey player.

If Evander Kane ever puts on a jersey with the Flyers crest on it, I give up.

fonzz41 02-06-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15806223)
That hit wasn't much of one, plus MacKinnon turned into it but you gotta stand up for yourself. Showed how strong on his skates he is cause Ericsson was trying to force him down a few times.

I have very little problem with what Ericsson did. I especially appreciate that he visibly tried to let up once he realized MacKinnon was in a compromising position. It's one of those where in the heat of the game, when Mac feels the elbow on the back of his head, that he felt it was cheap. But he'll go back and watch the film and go, "meh, not so bad."

But I love that passion from Mac, willing to take on the big guy.

TMoore4075 02-06-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15806653)
I have very little problem with what Ericsson did. I especially appreciate that he visibly tried to let up once he realized MacKinnon was in a compromising position. It's one of those where in the heat of the game, when Mac feels the elbow on the back of his head, that he felt it was cheap. But he'll go back and watch the film and go, "meh, not so bad."

But I love that passion from Mac, willing to take on the big guy.

Kronwall did that with the McLeod last year. Turned into it and then afterwards blamed himself. Fox Sports Detroit showed that clip right after it to compare. Only difference was the speed of McLeod compared to Ericsson just kinda being there.

lockman21 02-06-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15806117)
Agree with both Barbs and Chris, re: Kane. He'd make a GREAT Flyer, eh?

Speaking of, Timmo is the epitome of a hockey player.

:lol I'm sure they're looking at adding that $5.25 mil cap hit. Him and Lecavalier on the same line would be magic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806605)
If Evander Kane ever puts on a jersey with the Flyers crest on it, I give up.

I can't see a way it could possibly happen...but...

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15806466)
More on Kane, the problem with trying to trade him now is that is was placed on the IR, and is one phone call away from season-ending surgery. Does he get traded? That's almost a certainty. Does it happen before the end of the year? Who knows...

He's been a great team-player this year, up until this week. A self-proclaimed 50 goal scorer playing on the 3rd line and hasn't complained/bitched about it once. The whole team has (had?) bought into the team-first mentatlity and that's why they are making the playoff push that they are. It's such a weird, weird situation.

I don't see the massive amount of potential Evander Kane apparently has. All I see is a me-me-me guy who has an attitude problem. The money phone was stupid and immature, but when you have management constantly coming out with words about how you need to step up, and it hasn't happned--time for the 'Peg to ship him out and get as much as they can.

He's playing third line right now, right? Brilliant. Ship him out, get some young pieces and go forward. The Jets don't have the time or patience to keep him around any longer.

barbogast 02-06-2015 08:58 AM

I think the potential really is there, he's shown flashes of true brilliance at times. But that's all it is. Unrealized potential. Mix in the attitude, and it's clearly not worth it

TMoore4075 02-06-2015 09:03 AM

Rumors of Myers to the Ducks out there now. Take him. I don't want to give up what they'd want with a guy who is such a big question mark to me. I want the Wings to go for it but the East is so wide open they could make a big move and still lose in round 1 and if Myers fails and then you got your young talent playing against you 5-6 times a year in Buffalo. No way.

Roose13 02-06-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socopithy (Post 15806073)
He's not a machine, he's stupid.

:ugh:twak

barbogast 02-06-2015 09:06 AM

Tyler Myers sounds like a perfect d man to play on a Boudreau run team. Fully ineffective when it counts

lockman21 02-06-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806759)
I don't see the massive amount of potential Evander Kane apparently has. All I see is a me-me-me guy who has an attitude problem. The money phone was stupid and immature, but when you have management constantly coming out with words about how you need to step up, and it hasn't happned--time for the 'Peg to ship him out and get as much as they can.

He's playing third line right now, right? Brilliant. Ship him out, get some young pieces and go forward. The Jets don't have the time or patience to keep him around any longer.

His cap hit is just absurd, that's what makes this thing so difficult.

No one wanted to take on Mike Richards cap hit for literally NOTHING, a past captain, proven winner, SC champ, etc....who is going to want to take on 4 years at $5.25 mil of an underperformer with a massive attitude problem?

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 09:06 AM

I still laugh when I think about the time the Sabres thought they could pull Anthony Manthra out of the Red Wings system for Tyler Myers. :lol :lol

Good times.

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15806800)
Tyler Myers sounds like a perfect d man to play on a Boudreau run team. Fully ineffective when it counts

:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15806801)
His cap hit is just absurd, that's what makes this thing so difficult.

No one wanted to take on Mike Richards cap hit for literally NOTHING, a past captain, proven winner, SC champ, etc....who is going to want to take on 4 years at $5.25 mil of an underperformer with a massive attitude problem?

Exactly. That cap hit. The fact that he's only had a career high of 57 points. Attitude problem. I can't see any players wanting Evander Kane on their team unless they're friends with him already.

And with regards to Richards, yeah proven winner and all that. But even more so, the leadership he brought to the Kings. I mean Sarah will attest to the time in 2012 when people thought the Kings were going to drop Brown and give the C to Richards.

lockman21 02-06-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806812)
Exactly. That cap hit. The fact that he's only had a career high of 57 points. Attitude problem. I can't see any players wanting Evander Kane on their team unless they're friends with him already.

And with regards to Richards, yeah proven winner and all that. But even more so, the leadership he brought to the Kings. I mean Sarah will attest to the time in 2012 when people thought the Kings were going to drop Brown and give the C to Richards.

Yep. So unless Winnipeg is willing to eat some of that cap...I don't see him going many places. Maybe they'll eat $2mil/yr or something just to get him out.

kev87lads 02-06-2015 09:24 AM

Just saw a tweet from NYPost Larry Brooks that Lundqvist out a month or more....

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 09:28 AM

you know who isn't out for a month? Jonathan Quick

BOOM

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15806869)

BOOM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...rite-song-.jpg

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 09:34 AM

:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 09:38 AM

Kane elects to have surgery. Out four to six months.

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 09:39 AM

dayyyyyum

well, there goes an in-season trade

barbogast 02-06-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806875)

:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806897)

Well, guess that ends that conversation

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 09:41 AM

it's basically a big FU to the organization. It was his decision. Fine by them, I'm sure. Means he's not in the locker room and probably has played his last game with them.

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806912)
it's basically a big FU to the organization. It was his decision. Fine by them, I'm sure. Means he's not in the locker room and probably has played his last game with them.

yep, he'll be the big Draft Day trade if i had to guess

TMoore4075 02-06-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806802)
I still laugh when I think about the time the Sabres thought they could pull Anthony Manthra out of the Red Wings system for Tyler Myers. :lol :lol

Good times.

Yeah. Sure a guy who hasn't done anything for a few years for possibly the other teams best prospect. Yeah I'll get right on that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15806852)
Just saw a tweet from NYPost Larry Brooks that Lundqvist out a month or more....

Ouch, ouch, ouch.
Quote:

BOOM

LOL
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15806897)

Peace out dude.

Roose13 02-06-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15806852)

Quote:

BOOM

Quote:

One of the best 1-2-3 punches this thread has ever seen :lol:lol

kev87lads 02-06-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

BOOM

Quote:

Well done by both of you.

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 10:52 AM

Usa today most overrated NHL players. Agree with this list. Sutter has been awful since the playoffs last year. Brooks Orpik has awful advanced stats, Quick hasn't been himself at all this year, same goes for Simmonds.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/nhl-...rdi-sutter-ott

Roose13 02-06-2015 11:00 AM

I don't get Simmonds on the list. Who think he's more than a complimentary player? He's "rated" (by whomever is in charge that crap) just right.

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15807129)
I don't get Simmonds on the list. Who think he's more than a complimentary player? He's "rated" (by whomever is in charge that crap) just right.

As a whole, Simmonds isn't overrated. Would love t have him on the Pens. But if we're looking just at this season, he hasn't been nearly as effective as the past 2 years

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 11:11 AM

"Thinking of Simmonds as anything but a complementary player is believing that he can carry a team, though. Simmonds has yet to develop into an even-strength force, which is where the majority of the game is played."

Okay?

I don't understand the author's reasoning by putting him on there.

If I had to say off the top of my list who is overrated: Ryan Miller, Vincent Lecavalier, Scott Hartnell, and Marc Andre Fleury.

barbogast 02-06-2015 11:13 AM

I'll go ahead and take issue with that list too. Orpik has done, quite frankly, a great job this year. He's provided exactly what the Caps have been missing the last several years, physical presence in the d zone and a good ability to control and clear the slot area for the goalies. Not to mention the shot blocking and the hitting. The article cites fancy stats and possession numbers, here's what the eye test says. The Caps problem has never been staying in the offensive zone. It's been getting out of the defensive zone. A new coaching approach, plus the addition of a couple defenseman who actually excel at playing in the defensive end, and voila. Keep the fancy stats.

The problem with Orpik will be in years 3, 4 and 5 of that contract. That's when it will feel like he was way overpaid, bad deal, etc, but for now Brooks has really improved the look of the Caps quite significantly.

barbogast 02-06-2015 11:14 AM

Also, agree with the Flyers fans that Simmonds shouldn't be there. He excels in his complimentary role with that team. That's exactly what you want from him.

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 11:14 AM

Oh, I also forgot Jason Spezza.

Absolutely Jason Spezza.

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 11:15 AM

And Simmonds is having a down year points wise. The Flyers powerplay went through a dry spell, and at even strength Simmonds has been on something like 14 different line combos.

barbogast 02-06-2015 11:18 AM

Me no thinks that author hockeys very much

Roose13 02-06-2015 11:18 AM

I just don't get how a down year equates to "overrated." I think a better word, and I could be reaching here, is disappointing. But I don't know a damn thing about words.

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 11:24 AM

Yeah zip it bro, you're not a writer. THAT guy is a writer. Know your role

And shut your mouth....

hailtopitt 02-06-2015 11:38 AM

i miss Brooks Orpik :(

lockman21 02-06-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15807101)
Usa today most overrated NHL players. Agree with this list. Sutter has been awful since the playoffs last year. Brooks Orpik has awful advanced stats, Quick hasn't been himself at all this year, same goes for Simmonds.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/nhl-...rdi-sutter-ott

Does that guy read this thread? He basically stole my argument with Quick.

HEY GUY! GET OUT OF THIS THREAD.

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 12:30 PM

Mark my words now. I love Orpik, but you won't be saying the same thing about him next year. you'll be regretting that deal. It's amazing that so many Caps fans I know covet Brooks more than Niskanen. Nisky was a huge pickup for you guys but he seems to not get any credit

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 12:32 PM

Really hoping the Penguins go after Winnik or Bergenheim.

They have Beau Bennett as a healthy scratch for the 3rd straight game. Doesn't make any sense unless he's being shopped.

TMoore4075 02-06-2015 01:00 PM

For Matty: Wings play the Yotes tomorrow. An audition for Yandle maybe??? lol

Roose13 02-06-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15807206)
Yeah zip it bro, you're not a writer. THAT guy is a writer. Know your role

And shut your mouth....

I smell what you're cooking.

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15807421)
Really hoping the Penguins go after Winnik or Bergenheim.

They have Beau Bennett as a healthy scratch for the 3rd straight game. Doesn't make any sense unless he's being shopped.

yeah dude, no one cares...

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15807516)
yeah dude, no one cares...

sorry, thought this was an NHL discussion thread. Not a Flyers message board.

barbogast 02-06-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15807543)
sorry, thought this was an NHL discussion thread. Not a Flyers message board.

Don't mind him. He is a Flyers fan after all

barbogast 02-06-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15807416)
Mark my words now. I love Orpik, but you won't be saying the same thing about him next year. you'll be regretting that deal. It's amazing that so many Caps fans I know covet Brooks more than Niskanen. Nisky was a huge pickup for you guys but he seems to not get any credit

As for this, next year is next year. I personally think his play now will stay at this level for at least one more season, but that's beside the point. Right now, he's been one of several things that's worked well from the Cap's offseason.

And no one isn't giving Nisky credit. Come on.

socopithy 02-06-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15807593)
As for this, next year is next year. I personally think his play now will stay at this level for at least one more season, but that's beside the point. Right now, he's been one of several things that's worked well from the Cap's offseason.

Who? :D:lol

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15807593)

I don't listen to DC talk radio, but I have a good amount of friends who are Caps fans and none of them ever talk about Niskanen.

barbogast 02-06-2015 01:59 PM

Well, Caps fans can be kinda dumb. If you read enough stuff online and watch enough NHL network, you'll see him talked about in the same light as Orpik. He's been equally important

fonzz41 02-06-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15807499)
For Matty: Wings play the Yotes tomorrow. An audition for Yandle maybe??? lol

You shut your mouth.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15807602)
I don't listen to DC talk radio, but I have a good amount of friends who are Caps fans and none of them ever talk about Niskanen.

A sure sign a defenseman is doing his job well.

Orpik is a great addition to any team, as long as you take him for what he's worth, which is a strong, stable, stay-at-home 3-4 defenseman who will be a good leader on and off the ice. If you bill him as your #1 guy and expect him to play big minutes all night against another team's top line and pitch in on the PP, you might be overselling him a bit. I think when the money the Caps gave Orpik came up, people started to expect a little more of him. It's not that he won't attempt to play up to those salarial expectations, but his skillset just plain and simple may not allow him to. As long as people realize that and accept it, they'll love having him on their team.

Thankfully, Washington has the defensive depth to allow Orpik to play where he should in the lineup.

barbogast 02-06-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15807774)
You shut your mouth.

A sure sign a defenseman is doing his job well.

Orpik is a great addition to any team, as long as you take him for what he's worth, which is a strong, stable, stay-at-home 3-4 defenseman who will be a good leader on and off the ice. If you bill him as your #1 guy and expect him to play big minutes all night against another team's top line and pitch in on the PP, you might be overselling him a bit. I think when the money the Caps gave Orpik came up, people started to expect a little more of him. It's not that he won't attempt to play up to those salarial expectations, but his skillset just plain and simple may not allow him to. As long as people realize that and accept it, they'll love having him on their team.

Thankfully, Washington has the defensive depth to allow Orpik to play where he should in the lineup.

How weird does that sound?

rustysurf83 02-06-2015 06:07 PM

Patrick Kane is just ridiculous.

aeroshady 02-06-2015 07:08 PM

Okay, I'll take Quick over Lundqvist right now.

TheLastPig 02-06-2015 08:33 PM

MAF back to back shutouts for the 2nd time this season.

lockman21 02-06-2015 08:49 PM

Patty Kane tied for league lead in points.

Bias or not, he is the most fun player to watch in the NHL. And it's really not even close.

~Crashintome89~ 02-06-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15807609)
Well, Caps fans can be kinda dumb.

Duh, Brohan.

Brohan_Santana 02-07-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15808309)
Duh, Brohan.

Hey now.

Thing with Niskanen is you can equate at least 2 loses directly to his play. Not saying he has directly attributed to any wins but I can point at 2 loses that were outright his fault.

Both Orpik and Niskanen have been great so far to Caps. Interesting thing is going to see what happens with Green. He's been playing very very well most recently. I don't see him being moved purposefully but I'm sure the Caps will entertain offers from the likes of Red Wings. They've been infatuated with him for a couple of years now. But ultimately the way he's been playing recently and the position where the Caps have been playing Green most likely will be staying with the Caps. Only way Green stays with the Caps is if he takes a hometown discount but I doubt he'll do that even though he has a cult following in Washington.

If Caps didn't burn bridges with Jagr he would be a great addition to the Caps top line. Ovechkin-Backstrom-Jagr line would be the tits. Caps have yet to find a RW to fit the bill on that top line. McPhee is gone who hated Jagr. But I could also see Leonsis wanting to prove he was right. You never know

Brohan_Santana 02-07-2015 07:55 AM

Also, Grubauer down to Hershey again. Just in time for the game I'll be at tomorrow evening. He'll be up again at Washington soon enough. Peters has proved he's only an emergency option. Just looks rattled in the net.

TheLastPig 02-07-2015 09:00 AM

Jagr is coming back to Pittsburgh. Book it.

barbogast 02-07-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15808474)
Thing with Niskanen is you can equate at least 2 loses directly to his play. Not saying he has directly attributed to any wins but I can point at 2 loses that were outright his fault.

I hate this. One play, no matter how bone headed, is never the reason a game is won or lost. I'm pretty sure I know the games you're talking about, and Nisky's dumb mistake at the end, while glaring, isn't the sole reason those games were lost.

Quote:

Both Orpik and Niskanen have been great so far to Caps. Interesting thing is going to see what happens with Green. He's been playing very very well most recently. I don't see him being moved purposefully but I'm sure the Caps will entertain offers from the likes of Red Wings. They've been infatuated with him for a couple of years now. But ultimately the way he's been playing recently and the position where the Caps have been playing Green most likely will be staying with the Caps. Only way Green stays with the Caps is if he takes a hometown discount but I doubt he'll do that even though he has a cult following in Washington.
Actually agree with most of this. I don't think the Caps will move him, in fact GMBM has said that unless he finds something that makes the team better now, Green will stay. Which I think is the right call. While it seems unlikely they'll strike a new deal after the season, trading a valuable piece now for picks and prospects sends the wrong message to the room. And quite frankly having Mike Green playing at the level he has been as a #5 dman has been quite luxurious this year. If it means he walks for nothing, so be it. I feel better about the Caps chances in postseason than I have for a very long time, so I say roll with it.

Quote:

If Caps didn't burn bridges with Jagr he would be a great addition to the Caps top line. Ovechkin-Backstrom-Jagr line would be the tits. Caps have yet to find a RW to fit the bill on that top line. McPhee is gone who hated Jagr. But I could also see Leonsis wanting to prove he was right. You never know
Oh my god, no. Just. No.

Personally, I think Tom Wilson should've stayed in that spot. Eric Fehr has had an underrated year as well. Obviously those aren't huge caliber names, but I really think Wilson fits nicely with that line.

~Crashintome89~ 02-07-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15808474)

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Jagr quit on the Caps, and without the firesale you never get Ovechkin.

swordo84 02-07-2015 03:59 PM

Oilers v. Leafs. This is going to be painful to watch.

rickyh24 02-07-2015 06:53 PM

Lol islanders. When did they turn into scumbags? Pretty tough pre face off smashing the 18 year olds stick. Not so tough when lucic comes over to back him up.

barbogast 02-07-2015 07:12 PM

:lol Lucic

Definition of toughness right there

rickyh24 02-07-2015 07:17 PM

Fight him. I bet he wins.

barbogast 02-07-2015 07:18 PM

Probably. He'll probably also threaten to kill me too. Because, ya know, he's so tough and all

rickyh24 02-07-2015 07:25 PM

That doesn't make sense.

Roose13 02-07-2015 07:26 PM

I could kick his ass. I'm bigger than him :lol

barbogast 02-07-2015 07:27 PM

It does make sense. That's how Lucic proves how tough he is. He threatens to kill you when he loses. 100% badass

rickyh24 02-07-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15808872)
It does make sense. That's how Lucic proves how tough he is. He threatens to kill you when he loses. 100% badass

So lucic is not tough because he threatened to kill someone. Got it. Ok you are right that does make sense. My bad.

dmbetc 02-07-2015 09:42 PM

Bet $100 on the Kings to win tonight in Vegas. Made $120 with that win. Phew.

TMoore4075 02-08-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15808950)
Bet $100 on the Kings to win tonight in Vegas. Made $120 with that win. Phew.

Thanks for that btw. Wings now sit 1st in the Atlantic.

barbogast 02-08-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15808894)
So lucic is not tough because he threatened to kill someone. Got it. Ok you are right that does make sense. My bad.

Glad I could clear that up for you

Roose13 02-08-2015 06:11 AM

Threatening to kill someone doesn't make you tough.

JRS1386 02-08-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15809073)

Shut up or I'll kill you

::toughguy

TMoore4075 02-08-2015 07:02 AM

Hurts to say this but....go Bruins. A habs loss does more for me than a B's loss.

Alazais 02-08-2015 07:13 AM

Leafs finally won a game! We are going to win the cup!

lockman21 02-08-2015 07:56 AM

Lucic is a little bitch.

rickyh24 02-08-2015 08:07 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

So it makes you not tough?

Not sure you are understanding my posts if you think that is what I'm saying.

rickyh24 02-08-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15809144)
Lucic is a little bitch.

:lol :lol

salrx95 02-08-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15808859)
Lol islanders. When did they turn into scumbags? Pretty tough pre face off smashing the 18 year olds stick. Not so tough when lucic comes over to back him up.

Oh no. The poor 18 year old got his stick broken an equally sized 21 year old. I guarantee you he didn't mean to break his stick. I'm shocked he wasn't penalized. Of course Lucic conveniently ignored Hamonic who came over to back up Strome.

rickyh24 02-08-2015 08:27 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15809161)
Oh no. The poor 18 year old got his stick broken an equally sized 21 year old. I guarantee you he didn't mean to break his stick. I'm shocked he wasn't penalized. Of course Lucic conveniently ignored Hamonic who came over to back up Strome.

That's cause lucic threatened to kill someone. So he's not tough. Keep up. Hoping the Bruins match up with the isles in the first round.

pathetic 02-08-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

If you don't think Lucic is tough then you're not very smart. I understand not liking the guy, but that's ridiculous

rickyh24 02-08-2015 09:12 AM

Would be like saying crosby or subban suck at hockey because of their antics. Makes no sense.

barbogast 02-08-2015 09:25 AM

Bruins fans really worked up about questioning Lucic's toughness

rickyh24 02-08-2015 09:34 AM

The NHL Thread

Not worked up at all. I understand why you don't like lucic. That doesn't mean he's not tough.

Brohan_Santana 02-08-2015 10:03 AM

Was picking my FanDuel team this AM and found this little gem

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...bd5097e0e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRS1386 02-08-2015 10:31 AM

Nice to see Ricky getting riled up and it's not even the playoffs yet

rickyh24 02-08-2015 10:41 AM

Nice to see a flyers fan talking about playoffs. :lol

CrushB610 02-08-2015 12:31 PM

Props to Laughton standing up for himself after Niskanen knocked him out of the game a few weeks back