Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Past Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Clean and Sober Ants (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128511)

rbreckenridge 04-05-2005 09:30 AM

Clean and Sober Ants

Have tickets in hand for Deer Creek shows, Saratoga and the tweeter center. Looking to chill with other DMB fans who are clean and sober.

BrahmaBull 04-05-2005 09:48 AM

Re: Clean and Sober Ants

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbreckenridge
Have tickets in hand for Deer Creek shows, Saratoga and the tweeter center. Looking to chill with other DMB fans who are clean and sober.

im clean!

willndmb 04-05-2005 09:59 AM

i will be at spac
looking for spac n2 tix

mojo1210 04-05-2005 10:01 AM

i just took a shower.

i kid....good luck finding a few people to kick it with (i mean that in a very positive way).

BrahmaBull 04-05-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb
i will be at spac
looking for spac n2 tix

you and everyone else

:lol

jester29 04-05-2005 10:12 AM

i'll be at tweeter... probably one of the few in the parking lot not drinking, and probably still squeaky clean behind the ears :)

snapmcd 04-05-2005 11:28 AM

I support this thread. I am neither clean nor sober, but I think this is a good idea for Ants who are.

il bacio dolce 04-05-2005 11:53 AM

:lol Are there any?

Oh yeah I do know one.

DrewLeon738 04-05-2005 11:55 AM

clean but not sober, but wont be attending that show, good luck on oyur seach

twostep40 04-05-2005 12:03 PM

i went to one dmb show sober - and that was listener supported..... after that night i swore i'd never not drink at a dmb show again....

but in all seriousness, good luck - i know some of the jam bands out there have similar gatherings.......(some scenes need this more than others...(coughs WSP)

arizonalovesyou 04-05-2005 12:07 PM

I'd go, but I'll be at Bonnaroo when Deer Creek starts. Sorry.

Explicitrydes 04-05-2005 12:21 PM

<-----dirty drunk

Yesac820 04-05-2005 12:22 PM

Ill be clean, and some what sober so i remember the shows ;)

Metallinut 04-05-2005 12:31 PM

Now we just need to get all the clean & sober ants to drive us non-clean/sober ones home!!!! Just kidding of course...

I've done DMB shows in just about every combination of clean/drunk/high...I can honestly say that the WORST was one year at Foxboro (pre Gilette) when I was drunk to the point of vomiting...I don't even remember the show...total waste of money :twak .

So kudos to those who choose to abstain...just don't get a high-horse complex towards those who don't! ;)

Can't we all just get along?

austin 04-05-2005 12:38 PM

:thumbsup ill be at the 2 west palm beach shows...clean and sober I may add...it will be my first show that i'll remember afterwards, cant wait though....I am looking for some other sober people to enjoy it with

hages 04-05-2005 12:44 PM

Can I be clean and NOT be sober? If there's anything we can work out, I'd really appreciate it. :p

fleckhead 04-05-2005 01:50 PM

I'm sober right now, but I haven't washed my ball sack in about 3 days.

jester29 04-05-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallinut
So kudos to those who choose to abstain...just don't get a high-horse complex towards those who don't! ;)

Can't we all just get along?

I agree. I'm not a drinker, but I'm not gonna stop anyone from doing so if that's how they like to have fun. At the same time, don't TRY to get me to drink :) Oh, and I reserve the right to stomp all over them on high-horse-back if they spill beer on me, fall on me, or inadvertently set my clothes on fire (drunk guy at an Offspring show).

deercreekdmb 04-05-2005 03:02 PM

me and a couple other guys are comin to night 2 of deer creek straight from bonnaroo, we'll be sober... lets all chill

jay41 04-05-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester29
Oh, and I reserve the right to stomp all over them on high-horse-back if they spill beer on me, fall on me, or inadvertently set my clothes on fire (drunk guy at an Offspring show).

:thumbsup People can do whatever as long as they don't do any of the above + no puking on me or my seat.

halloween21 04-05-2005 03:33 PM

Clean and sober here and goin to spac

wishyouwerehere 04-05-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapmcd
I support this thread. I am neither clean nor sober, but I think this is a good idea for Ants who are.

:lol ...and for those who have no choice but to be cause we're :banned

kidding, (although I'm not attending those shows I am clean and sober by definition) but yeah I support it too:hump

Snapple2788 04-05-2005 05:22 PM

I wont get trashed or smoke at all before a long as I get a lil :hump

Mickey Carson 04-05-2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleckhead
I'm sober right now, but I haven't washed my ball sack in about 3 days.

That's hot.

On a sidenote I'll be looking for dirty and drunk bastard Ants at the Gorge this year.

JackieJoe 02-01-2019 07:30 PM

I'm going to Deer Creek both nights by myself and I'm camping at Sleepy Bear. We should chill.

Coolmunk too 06-09-2019 11:02 AM

Newly sober, trying to stay clean. Got tired of waking up in ER's.

podiumboy 06-09-2019 01:46 PM

Congrats on your sobriety, keep up the good work!!

I enjoy the occasional night of drinking, but I refuse to pay $10 for a cup of shitty beer at the venues, so I usually don’t worry about it.

Coolmunk too 06-09-2019 02:47 PM

Thanks, po'boy. I did it mostly for religious reasons, not to mention too many bac's over .400. And the price of beer does suck, so I got quite used to sneaking in hooch in various ways, so used to it that I basically did it everywhere I went, even to bars!

dobyblue 06-28-2019 07:19 AM

Yeah over .400, no wonder you mentioned the ER!

Congratulations on finding sobriety, you CAN do this. Find a program that works for you, then work that program. Wishing you health and happiness.