Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g) (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345628)

dobyblue 07-31-2017 09:42 AM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjuniper (Post 16847880)
Who was supposed to warn you?

Definitely not Hilly, they're too engrossed in the book "How to be fun at parties".

kingofkings 07-31-2017 09:49 AM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16847888)
Yeah, I mean I understand that there's a sense of "elitism" from people outside the vinyl/hifi community looking in, and that in general telling someone they bought a cheap/crap piece of equipment seems snobbish (maybe it is?), but all I'm/we're trying to do is give solid advice and steer people in the right direction.

The point is that if you're spending this much on records, you should want to take care of them. Especially in a case like this where if you damage this set there's no way to get a replacement at retail price.

you guys are helping in a big way. anyone with any sense would realize that you guys are helping and preventing, rather than degrading and being snobbish. some people just like to argue. when it comes time for me to get a table, I have a bunch of good info on what to get, and who to ask for help.

crashintonickdm 07-31-2017 10:17 AM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16847864)
My favorite part of this release is when someone says, "I'm enjoying this song" and then everyone trashes the type of record player they have.

My favorite part of the warehouse is putting a track from a previous bonus disc on its latest release

Rockyall107 07-31-2017 12:25 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
I'm looking to spend about $300 on a turntable. Someone point me in the right direction.

cjobes 07-31-2017 12:26 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockyall107 (Post 16848083)
I'm looking to spend about $300 on a turntable. Someone point me the best direction.



I would highly recommend a Uturn. Check out their website. Built in the USA. I've been using the Uturn Orbit Plus for a few years now and it has been great. No problems at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkfwank 07-31-2017 12:31 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjobes (Post 16848084)
I would highly recommend a Uturn. Check out their website. Built in the USA. I've been using the Uturn Orbit Plus for a few years now and it has been great. No problems at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd save some dough and get a Rega P2 at least. U-Turn is a good story but I believe the P2 is a better quality TT. I'm saving for a P3 right now.

cjobes 07-31-2017 12:32 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfwank (Post 16848088)
I'd save some dough and get a Rega P2 at least. U-Turn is a good story but I believe the P2 is a better quality TT. I'm saving for a P3 right now.



I've heard that as well. I don't think you would go wrong with either one. Just depends how much you wanna spend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 12:38 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockyall107 (Post 16848083)
I'm looking to spend about $300 on a turntable. Someone point me in the right direction.

Do you have any equipment currently (preamp, receiver, speakers/headphones)? $300ish is doable for a full rig with all new gear.

Assuming you're starting from scratch, at that budget you'd be looking at:

Turntable: U-Turn Orbit Basic $180

Phono Preamplifier: Normally I recommend the ART Pro Audio DJPre II for this type of budget (it's usually ~$35-$40) but the Pyle PP999 is on sale on Amazon right now for $14

Speakers: A few to consider

- Edifier R980T $70

- Mackie CR Series CR3 $100

- Edifier R1280T

These are all powered speakers, as the budget you have really doesn't allow for a receiver + passive speaker set. You could also use a pair of over-ear headphone if you have a set or buy some if you prefer that to speakers.

But either way, the above will give you good entry level sound and will protect your records. It's the best you can do for $300 for all new equipment. If you're open to vintage/used, then you can probably get more bang for your buck there. Check local craigslist and pop into any record shops in your area that may sell gear as well as records.

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 12:39 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfwank (Post 16848088)
I'd save some dough and get a Rega P2 at least. U-Turn is a good story but I believe the P2 is a better quality TT. I'm saving for a P3 right now.

Agree, but if $300 is the number and that's not flexible, then the U Turn is a good start.

thewitt85 07-31-2017 12:43 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Hey BT... I want to upgrade my speaker setup. I have the LP-120 and am just using ok bookshelf speakers that came with an amp. Like $70ish in total. If I wanted to start from scratch on the speakers for say $300ish like the guy above but already have the turntable, you have any suggestions where I should look with that budget?

AlexK79 07-31-2017 12:52 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Seriously guys, just backread, or go over to the vinyl thread in nDMBc. The information about equipment has been posted over and over and over and over.

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 12:56 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewitt85 (Post 16848096)
Hey BT... I want to upgrade my speaker setup. I have the LP-120 and am just using ok bookshelf speakers that came with an amp. Like $70ish in total. If I wanted to start from scratch on the speakers for say $300ish like the guy above but already have the turntable, you have any suggestions where I should look with that budget?

First I'd suggest disabling the built-in phono pre-amp on the LP120 and go separate for that. If your budget is $300, I'd spend ~$100 on the phono preamp and the rest on speakers. Honestly, the Edifier R1280Ts that I recommended above are pretty good and a nice size. There's also the Audioengine A2+ for $250, though they're pretty small and that puts you a bit over budget. Their A5+ a really nice (think Chad has these) but those are $400.

But I think going with say the Pro-Ject Phono Box DC with those Edifier's will definitely improve your sound.

Do you currently have speaker stands or do your speakers currently sit on the same surface as the table? That may be another area to explore

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 12:57 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexK79 (Post 16848103)
Seriously guys, just backread, or go over to the vinyl thread in nDMBc. The information about equipment has been posted over and over and over and over.

Agreed. Feel kinda bad for hijacking this thread. The vinyl thread is a great resource. Also feel free to PM...get sum and all that

AlexK79 07-31-2017 12:59 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16848113)
Agreed. Feel kinda bad for hijacking this thread. The vinyl thread is a great resource. Also feel free to PM...get sum and all that

You shouldn't feel bad...you're being nice by taking the time to reply and type out info that you, me, Doby, Chad, and others have already given out 100 times previously. :lol

bostonbrad 07-31-2017 01:06 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
My box set is sitting 20 minutes away and I'm not scheduled to get it until Thursday. There has to be a better way. It's just taunting me.

Pottsy 07-31-2017 01:07 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Just delivered in Canada!!! Along with an extra $40 import fee :(
Also got live trax 42 today as well! But still no warehouse package... smh

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 01:13 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonbrad (Post 16848124)
My box set is sitting 20 minutes away and I'm not scheduled to get it until Thursday. There has to be a better way. It's just taunting me.

FedEx Smartpost sucks

chadizzy1 07-31-2017 01:15 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonbrad (Post 16848124)
My box set is sitting 20 minutes away and I'm not scheduled to get it until Thursday. There has to be a better way. It's just taunting me.

Same, mine has been sitting in Southaven, MS since yesterday. That's 2.5 hours away from me and it's not scheduled to arrive here until Friday for some reason.

cjobes 07-31-2017 01:15 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
My tracking hasn't updated since 7/29 3:47 AM in Martinsburg, WV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mray10 07-31-2017 01:16 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Mine is in northern AZ, I'm in Phoenix. Maybe 3 hours away. Delivery by Saturday. smh

cpxc. 07-31-2017 01:19 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjobes (Post 16848136)
My tracking hasn't updated since 7/29 3:47 AM in Martinsburg, WV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's where mine is too :(

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 01:20 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjobes (Post 16848136)
My tracking hasn't updated since 7/29 3:47 AM in Martinsburg, WV.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine showed departing Martinsburgh, WV at 6AM on Saturday. No update since. I'm 3 hours west in Pittsburgh. Realistically it should have gotten to the local Fedex Saturday night, been transfered to local USPS this morning, and been sent out to be delivered this afternoon. But alas, this system sucks.

If I see it gets to FedEx before I leave work, I may stop in. The FedEx is ~50 yards from USPS and the post office is maybe 0.5 miles from my place


Edit: Checked right after posting. It arrived in town at 1:21pm. I should have it tomorrow!

cpxc. 07-31-2017 01:21 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
i really can't wait to spin this.

just bought this sweet TT http://www.interestment.co.uk/site/w...er-380x441.jpg

I'll finally spin my LT1 blue as well.

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 01:22 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16848146)
i really can't wait to spin this.

just bought this sweet TT http://www.interestment.co.uk/site/w...er-380x441.jpg

I'll finally spin my LT1 blue as well.

:lol :lol

Well played, sir, well played :thumbsup

chadizzy1 07-31-2017 01:23 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16848146)
i really can't wait to spin this.

just bought this sweet TT http://www.interestment.co.uk/site/w...er-380x441.jpg

I'll finally spin my LT1 blue as well.

:lol :lol :lol

Cryfreedom09 07-31-2017 01:43 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Anybody know what time the download goes up? Are they available right at midnight?

chadizzy1 07-31-2017 01:44 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 (Post 16848170)
Anybody know what time the download goes up? Are they available right at midnight?

Did you buy the package with the digital download before they sold out?

BTBaboon 07-31-2017 01:46 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 (Post 16848170)
Anybody know what time the download goes up? Are they available right at midnight?

Available at the exact stroke of midnight until 12:00:30

Gotta act fast

Cryfreedom09 07-31-2017 01:57 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16848172)
Did you buy the package with the digital download before they sold out?

Chose the dd only bruh :lol

Cryfreedom09 07-31-2017 01:58 PM

Re: DMB Live 25 - 5LP Vinyl (180g)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16848176)
Available at the exact stroke of midnight until 12:00:30

Gotta act fast

:thumbsup


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.