Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - Conversation Between whygohome? and gripes81

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > whygohome?

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Conversation Between whygohome? and gripes81
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. whygohome?
    08-09-2010 06:29 PM
    whygohome?
    yeah dude no problem. i love dave's playing obviously and he is very unique but people get a little carried away here haha. but yeah paul simon is very technically proficient at guitar and one of the greatest songwriters of all time. I know Dave used to be a big fan back in the early days and i would assume he still is. but getting into paul simon is not hard, he is a brilliant musician. I would recommend "Graceland", his 1986 solo breakout, "Bridge Over Troubled Water", the last album he released with Art Garfunkel, and "The Concert in Central Park", on the absolute best live cd's ever in my opinion. If you are just looking to try one, definitely go with Central Park; its a culmination of most of the best songs he wrote up until the 1980's. He isnt flashy at all but if you like guitar playing and can appreciate Dave im sure you will love Simon. Hope that helps, he is one of my favorite musicians ever.
  2. gripes81
    08-09-2010 12:12 PM
    gripes81
    I notice you said paul simon on the dave and rhythm guitar thread and was wondering which of his albums you would recomend for my first, I've never really listend to much of his music other than the well known, and you seemed like you knew his stuff so any suggestions...btw thx for not giving the typical "no dave sucks at guitar and he isn't close to the top" answer that usually comes with a thred like this.

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here