Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > The 24um


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
DoOrDoNotNoTry
 
DoOrDoNotNoTry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,412

Shows Seen: 15

Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

It was announced today that Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion. They are aiming for a 2015 release of Star Wars: Episode VII, with a new film "every two or three years."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448

EDIT: Cool, I can't read and didn't see the original post. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
__________________
-Alex

Last edited by DoOrDoNotNoTry; 10-30-2012 at 06:40 PM.
DoOrDoNotNoTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Arby
Threader
 
Arby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69,200

Shows Seen: 24

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

If they are going to seriously start making SW movies again, they should just re-boot. There's no reason to continue the story.
__________________
Arby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post

arby, everything you say is lol guy worthy
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
LadyMadonna68
 
LadyMadonna68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36,159

Shows Seen: 13

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Lucasfilm is a production company. I dont think this really has anything to do with Star Wars.
LadyMadonna68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
uro55
 
uro55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Minneapolis is my home, But Toronto will always be where I'm from:)
Posts: 23,945

Shows Seen: 135
Send a message via ICQ to uro55 Send a message via AIM to uro55

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Lucas originally wanted to make 9, so why not?
__________________
I love hating my favorite stuff

I've got a raging Shveddy.
uro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
moosicmaniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Posts: 2,059

Shows Seen: 20

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Lucas is only going to be a creative consultant for the new episodes.

these films are fucked.
moosicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
VanHorneDog
Loving Wings
 
VanHorneDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,474

Shows Seen: 17
Send a message via AIM to VanHorneDog

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
Lucasfilm is a production company. I dont think this really has anything to do with Star Wars.
Lucasfilm owns the rights to Star Wars merchandising and the creative side of it, therefore the ability to create movies.
__________________
Alex
My Band, we are like so good >>> www.myspace.com/audiojunkyard
www.intergalacticbrew.com
VanHorneDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
skippdogg
 
skippdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,156

Shows Seen: 11

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Ya he sold EVERYTHING!! ILM Indy Jones EVERYTHING. These should be awesome!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanemu25 View Post
i like winter...if you dont like winter, you can go to hell... :)
Scott

XBL-Rece Davis
skippdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
coldengrey12
 
coldengrey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,537

Shows Seen: 63

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Oh, Star Wars! Nothing but Star Wars! If they should bar wars ... please let these Star Wars ... never end!

#BillMurray
#SNL
#EsotericJokes
#HashTagsOnAnts?
__________________
Nick | For Those About to Rock | RYM
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
coldengrey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
dobyblue
SANTO 07.13.15
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Gilead
Posts: 20,938

Shows Seen: 56

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

I think the new trilogy could have been much better without Lucas' involvement, so I think it will be great to look forward to another Star Wars movie continuing after VI.

Love this thread title much more than the other one too.
__________________
In 2014 DMB continues the Farm to Family program and invites you to join them in supporting local Non-GMO farms and local food banks.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
robthomas
Got Bernanke?
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,266

Shows Seen: 0

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHorneDog View Post
Lucasfilm owns the rights to Star Wars merchandising and the creative side of it, therefore the ability to create movies.
Someone missed the joke
robthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
LadyMadonna68
 
LadyMadonna68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36,159

Shows Seen: 13

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHorneDog View Post
Lucasfilm owns the rights to Star Wars merchandising and the creative side of it, therefore the ability to create movies.
Wait. Now say that again?
LadyMadonna68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
neumdogg
Helloooooooooo Neumdogg
 
neumdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 23,105

Shows Seen: 52
Send a message via AIM to neumdogg

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
If they are going to seriously start making SW movies again, they should just re-boot. There's no reason to continue the story.
Worst post of the week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbilli40 View Post
Yeah I work at walmart. And probably make more money than u do. Lead associate in the toy department. $13 an hour.
neumdogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
patthebear
\_(ツ)_/
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 17,004

Shows Seen: 40

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Sweet! See you in 3 years!
patthebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
VanHorneDog
Loving Wings
 
VanHorneDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,474

Shows Seen: 17
Send a message via AIM to VanHorneDog

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthomas View Post
Someone missed the joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
Wait. Now say that again?
obviously...
__________________
Alex
My Band, we are like so good >>> www.myspace.com/audiojunkyard
www.intergalacticbrew.com
VanHorneDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
hmich176
Bring back jazz, Dave
 
hmich176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 8,817

Shows Seen: 11

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosicmaniac View Post
Lucas is only going to be a creative consultant for the new episodes.

these films are fucked.
They were more fucked when he had more control. Just a reminder that Lucas made Episodes I, II and III.
__________________
Hi, I'm Harry. I'm on Twitter and Untappd.

The last chorus of Belly Belly Nice is acceptable to sing, but the third verse of Grey Street is not? #OccupyGreyStreet
hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
hmich176
Bring back jazz, Dave
 
hmich176's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Posts: 8,817

Shows Seen: 11

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
If they are going to seriously start making SW movies again, they should just re-boot. There's no reason to continue the story.
Wrong answer. There is so much of the story to be told, especially the Sith Wars and the founding of the Republic. I'm fine with closing out the series of movies and focusing on a different part of the universe.
__________________
Hi, I'm Harry. I'm on Twitter and Untappd.

The last chorus of Belly Belly Nice is acceptable to sing, but the third verse of Grey Street is not? #OccupyGreyStreet
hmich176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
K3nTaKa0s
H2P!
 
K3nTaKa0s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brownsville, PA
Posts: 18,938

Shows Seen: 12

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

I'm only watching if Jar Jar is in it.

Nah.. I'm kidding. I liked all of the movies, so I'll be watching this one, as well.
K3nTaKa0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:48 AM   #18
K270
Hello my baby!!!!
 
K270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA.
Posts: 4,253

Shows Seen: 26

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Fuck....I can see it now.

Disney Present Star Wars Episode 7: The Battle for Endor
__________________
~Kevin~
People would complain even if you hang them with a new rope.
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
dobyblue
SANTO 07.13.15
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Gilead
Posts: 20,938

Shows Seen: 56

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

No reason it's going to be Mickey Mousey just because Disney now have the rights. No-one saw "The Prestige"?
__________________
In 2014 DMB continues the Farm to Family program and invites you to join them in supporting local Non-GMO farms and local food banks.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
robthomas
Got Bernanke?
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,266

Shows Seen: 0

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
No reason it's going to be Mickey Mousey just because Disney now have the rights. No-one saw "The Prestige"?
Great point, it doesn't have to be Mickey. Goofy is certainly due a major role and we all know Pinnochio is getting back into acting with his supporting roles in the Shrek films. What about the mermaid chic in the Disney movie about mermaids? She'd fit in well with the Star Wars scene...... I'm thinking Jaba the Hut - esque.
robthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Auzz76
Dead Creek
 
Auzz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Deer Creek
Posts: 11,661

Shows Seen: 24

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
No reason it's going to be Mickey Mousey just because Disney now have the rights. No-one saw "The Prestige"?
or the Marvel Comic movies?
Auzz76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
dobyblue
SANTO 07.13.15
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Gilead
Posts: 20,938

Shows Seen: 56

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthomas View Post
Great point, it doesn't have to be Mickey. Goofy is certainly due a major role and we all know Pinnochio is getting back into acting with his supporting roles in the Shrek films. What about the mermaid chic in the Disney movie about mermaids? She'd fit in well with the Star Wars scene...... I'm thinking Jaba the Hut - esque.
Dude, it's Pinocchio. Have some respect.
__________________
In 2014 DMB continues the Farm to Family program and invites you to join them in supporting local Non-GMO farms and local food banks.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
robthomas
Got Bernanke?
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,266

Shows Seen: 0

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Dude, it's Pinocchio. Have some respect.
My fault, looks like Jabba was spelled wrong too.
robthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
DynastyDrummer1
 
DynastyDrummer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,738

Shows Seen: 15

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzz76 View Post
or the Marvel Comic movies?
I believe Avengers was the first Marvel film to come out of Disney. Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2 however are all rolling out of Disney as well.
DynastyDrummer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
dobyblue
SANTO 07.13.15
 
dobyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Gilead
Posts: 20,938

Shows Seen: 56

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Probably joint ventures with Paramount again like Avengers was. Movies that big often have two big guys involved, like Titanic did, Gladiator, etc.
__________________
In 2014 DMB continues the Farm to Family program and invites you to join them in supporting local Non-GMO farms and local food banks.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #26
Benny003
 
Benny003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 8,600

Shows Seen: 40

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
If they are going to seriously start making SW movies again, they should just re-boot. There's no reason to continue the story.
The story was originally conceived by Lucas as a 9-part story.
Benny003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
Arby
Threader
 
Arby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69,200

Shows Seen: 24

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny003 View Post
The story was originally conceived by Lucas as a 9-part story.

I read somewhere that was bullshit.

I thought I read that a New Hope was labeled Episode IV for virtually no reason at all and he originally planned just one movie.
__________________
Arby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post

arby, everything you say is lol guy worthy
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
Dramageek
Don't Mess With Bill
 
Dramageek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fair Verona
Posts: 4,468

Shows Seen: 44

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
I read somewhere that was bullshit.

I thought I read that a New Hope was labeled Episode IV for virtually no reason at all and he originally planned just one movie.
The original Star Wars theatrical release wasn't labeled "Episode IV." That was added in after it was hugely successful and Lucas and co. realized they would be able to make the others.
__________________
"If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt."
~Two Gentlemen of Verona

44 shows since 6.3.98. Next: ???
Dramageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #29
Tiduwho
heh heh heh
 
Tiduwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 42,504

Shows Seen: 0
Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
I read somewhere that was bullshit.

I thought I read that a New Hope was labeled Episode IV for virtually no reason at all and he originally planned just one movie.
That what is bullshit?


Weren't episodes 7-9 written 30 years ago? Maybe I'm mistaken....but I thought the story just needed to be movie'd out. It already exists...no?
__________________

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert

Last edited by Tiduwho; 10-31-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
Arby
Threader
 
Arby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69,200

Shows Seen: 24

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
That what is bullshit?


Weren't episodes 7-9 written 30 years ago? Maybe I'm mistaken....but I thought the story just needed to be movie'd out. It already exists...no?
Ive never heard that before. its possible, but I dont think thats true
__________________
Arby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post

arby, everything you say is lol guy worthy
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


   
Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
Home
Ants+
Tour Central
Search bar
RSS Feeds
About Us
Contact Us
The Ants Blog
Advertise on Ants
Ants on your cell phone
iAnts
mobile news
mobile setlists
antslive!
Ants' Twitter
DMBLive Twitter
Matt's Twitter
Jake's Twitter
Joe's Twitter