Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > NdmbC


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #3721
Andrew4Bama
Tub Rock
 
Andrew4Bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,598

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMAC386 View Post
What app are you using? Is everything really vague, or does it have brand name foods on there too?
It's called Calorie Counter (Android and iPhone). It has brand name foods, restaurants, etc. For most things you can just scan the barcode and it will add it to your daily log.
__________________
Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 Step View Post
The reason I have yet to get sum is not because of the hat, but rather that I lack metaphorical testes.
Andrew4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #3722
ji/\/\ithing
Missing Roi... Always
 
ji/\/\ithing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in a chrono-synclastic infundibulum
Posts: 16,082
Send a message via AIM to ji/\/\ithing

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpevear View Post
Good riddance, resolutioners. It's as if they all decided that the second week of February they were all going to stop going to the gym.
i see where you're coming from, but some of us stuck around. i'm not exactly a 'resolutioner', but i decided to make a lifestyle change about 2 weeks before the new year. it had nothing to do with the time of year, i just felt ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4Bama View Post
It's called Calorie Counter (Android and iPhone). It has brand name foods, restaurants, etc. For most things you can just scan the barcode and it will add it to your daily log.
i found an app with similar functionality, it's definitely made a difference for me, easily tracking how many more calories i need for the day, as well as protein, fat, and carbs, has made gaining a ton easier.
__________________
Stats Go CUBS! For now, goodbye... Friend
ChemE > your face
I met my wife on Ants
ji/\/\ithing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #3723
iMAC386
BOOMER!
 
iMAC386's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,131

Re: Weightlifting

List all the dietary apps you guys have! I really need to do a better job monitoring calorie intake so I'm definitely on the look out for the best apps.
iMAC386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #3724
dmbredsox36
'celebrate we will'
 
dmbredsox36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NY
Posts: 2,285
Send a message via AIM to dmbredsox36

Re: Weightlifting

Anyone have the BB.come come back discount code? I want to place an order today, but would love a little extra off. Still can't figure out why I don't get the code. Do you have to be buying from them for a year or something like that? I have placed several orders, but never get the coupon code directly to my email.
__________________
Twitter
dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #3725
dmbredsox36
'celebrate we will'
 
dmbredsox36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NY
Posts: 2,285
Send a message via AIM to dmbredsox36

Re: Weightlifting

Sorry, I found it. COMEBACK10 if anyone wants to use it.
__________________
Twitter
dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #3726
fridge112887
 
fridge112887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5,044

Re: Weightlifting

Has anyone here shifted to the Paleo/Primal diet?
__________________
Grant
fridge112887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #3727
Devilspawn
Devil's poser ego
 
Devilspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere lost in NM
Posts: 1,831

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
Has anyone here shifted to the Paleo/Primal diet?

I tried it for a couple weeks and didn't have the will power to not have a Pb&J eventually

I've never had problems with carbs/grains/whatever so I didn't really notice any real benefits myself to cutting them out, but I think you're supposed to try it for a whole month and then see how you feel. I don't think I lasted that long.

I've read articles about people who believe in it and others who claim that it offers no real benefit. I'm on the fence about it.
__________________
“Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything.”

see you in Berkley...

Devilspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #3728
fridge112887
 
fridge112887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5,044

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
I tried it for a couple weeks and didn't have the will power to not have a Pb&J eventually

I've never had problems with carbs/grains/whatever so I didn't really notice any real benefits myself to cutting them out, but I think you're supposed to try it for a whole month and then see how you feel. I don't think I lasted that long.

I've read articles about people who believe in it and others who claim that it offers no real benefit. I'm on the fence about it.
I haven't read too far into it but from what I'm told, it's an elimination of wheat/rye/barely. I certainly think I could withstand not having any grains.
__________________
Grant
fridge112887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #3729
Devilspawn
Devil's poser ego
 
Devilspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere lost in NM
Posts: 1,831

Re: Weightlifting

not fitness related, but we could really use your support. Thanks in advance!

http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...8#post13368808
__________________
“Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything.”

see you in Berkley...

Devilspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #3730
seekupchuck
 
seekupchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,184

Re: Weightlifting

So, Im trying to get huge n' all, but i seem to have hit a plateau on the old chest squeezers. First of all, let me know how much of a puss i am and if I am doing enough for a chest workout....I am a lanky fuck, 6'2" 165 lbs with long arms...I am assuming long arms are not the greatest for bench numbers? ANyway, I have been doing a warm up then 3 5rep sets at 160lbs on the flat bench...then Ill fuck around with some pull ups, then I'll go back and do dumbbell inclines...same deal but 4, 5 rep sets w/65lb dumbbells..then some more pull ups, then I will finish up with some decline machine work, which Im not really concerned with...I do this on Monday, then do a bunch of pushups on thursday...so, I have not seen any improvement in a while at the weight listed above...A.)is that ridiculously puss, and b.) what can I do to start seeing some increases, if I dont want to eat like a slob and spend more than an hour or so on my chest...In case its relevant, I dont take many supps and am not really interested in anything besides the whey I take before and after workouts...it is a good whey with all the BCAAs and all the gimmicks...holla at cha boi...thanks
__________________
"By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."
.............-John Maynard Keynes
seekupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #3731
Jimi Thing 10
 
Jimi Thing 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 20,835

Re: Weightlifting

Eat more and increase the weight?
Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #3732
seekupchuck
 
seekupchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,184

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Thing 10 View Post
Eat more and increase the weight?
thanks, i never thought to increase the weight.
__________________
"By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."
.............-John Maynard Keynes
seekupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #3733
AJF_41
 
AJF_41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 48,237

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekupchuck View Post
So, Im trying to get huge n' all, but i seem to have hit a plateau on the old chest squeezers. First of all, let me know how much of a puss i am and if I am doing enough for a chest workout....I am a lanky fuck, 6'2" 165 lbs with long arms...I am assuming long arms are not the greatest for bench numbers? ANyway, I have been doing a warm up then 3 5rep sets at 160lbs on the flat bench...then Ill fuck around with some pull ups, then I'll go back and do dumbbell inclines...same deal but 4, 5 rep sets w/65lb dumbbells..then some more pull ups, then I will finish up with some decline machine work, which Im not really concerned with...I do this on Monday, then do a bunch of pushups on thursday...so, I have not seen any improvement in a while at the weight listed above...A.)is that ridiculously puss, and b.) what can I do to start seeing some increases, if I dont want to eat like a slob and spend more than an hour or so on my chest...In case its relevant, I dont take many supps and am not really interested in anything besides the whey I take before and after workouts...it is a good whey with all the BCAAs and all the gimmicks...holla at cha boi...thanks
chuck!

...is this post for real?
__________________
Adam
don't you forget you come from nothing
AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #3734
TheLastStop123
 
TheLastStop123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,495

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekupchuck View Post
So, Im trying to get huge n' all, but i seem to have hit a plateau on the old chest squeezers. First of all, let me know how much of a puss i am and if I am doing enough for a chest workout....I am a lanky fuck, 6'2" 165 lbs with long arms...I am assuming long arms are not the greatest for bench numbers? ANyway, I have been doing a warm up then 3 5rep sets at 160lbs on the flat bench...then Ill fuck around with some pull ups, then I'll go back and do dumbbell inclines...same deal but 4, 5 rep sets w/65lb dumbbells..then some more pull ups, then I will finish up with some decline machine work, which Im not really concerned with...I do this on Monday, then do a bunch of pushups on thursday...so, I have not seen any improvement in a while at the weight listed above...A.)is that ridiculously puss, and b.) what can I do to start seeing some increases, if I dont want to eat like a slob and spend more than an hour or so on my chest...In case its relevant, I dont take many supps and am not really interested in anything besides the whey I take before and after workouts...it is a good whey with all the BCAAs and all the gimmicks...holla at cha boi...thanks

this post is incredible
__________________
Wolfpack
and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
Antsmarching.org: Came for the DMBc, stayed for the nDMBc.
TheLastStop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #3735
seekupchuck
 
seekupchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,184

Re: Weightlifting

fuckin right its real...its swole in this
__________________
"By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."
.............-John Maynard Keynes
seekupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #3736
Andrew4Bama
Tub Rock
 
Andrew4Bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,598

Re: Weightlifting

I know how you feel, Chuck. I'm a monster as well at 6'2 175. Just start loading up on the calories.
__________________
Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 Step View Post
The reason I have yet to get sum is not because of the hat, but rather that I lack metaphorical testes.
Andrew4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #3737
Rodey
Minnesota Miracle Man
 
Rodey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 40,925

Re: Weightlifting

Getting really sick of waiting for Ultima to get back in stock. It's been about a month since I placed my order.

Any other good PWO's? How's Assault?
__________________
Jordan
"I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
Rodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #3738
Tiduwho
Nothing left to say
 
Tiduwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,688
Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

Re: Weightlifting

K, starting p90x right now. I'll let ya guys know how it goes. I'm guessing I'm going to be dead tomorrow lol. So Chest and Back to start? Wish me luck.
__________________

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #3739
Tiduwho
Nothing left to say
 
Tiduwho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,688
Send a message via MSN to Tiduwho

Re: Weightlifting

Have 15 minutes left, had to hit pause. I think I'm going to puke.

I do pushups every day, and I lift weights 2 times a week. But damn...the rapid pushups to pullups back and forth is exhausting. Haven't done something this physically taxing in years.
__________________

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #3740
superfan
 
superfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: School: University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Posts: 3,528

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
Have 15 minutes left, had to hit pause. I think I'm going to puke.

I do pushups every day, and I lift weights 2 times a week. But damn...the rapid pushups to pullups back and forth is exhausting. Haven't done something this physically taxing in years.
I did P90X for 9 weeks. I quit it because I felt like I wasn't getting the results I wanted. (although I didn't eat the greatest when doing it). It was great for showing me a bunch of new workout techniques, but to me, I would much rather spend my time in a gym working out then in my living room.

The only video I hated was yoga and plyometrics. The Kenpo was dumb also. I just lost interest in the whole P90X program overall. I did however, think the ab ripper was a great ab workout!
superfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #3741
Timebomb07
Lively Up Yourself
 
Timebomb07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: connect i cut
Posts: 8,656

Re: Weightlifting

About to start the Ab Ripper video. Haven't been able to do abs/legs because of a hernia surgery.

Gonna squat for the first time in a while tonight. Abs tomorrow probably, but I've gotta take it easy...
__________________
8.5.07+11.13.07+6.13.08+6.14.08+9.10.08+4.14.09+4. 15.09+6.5.09+6.6.09+7.21.09+ 7.22.09+8.5.09+5.28.10+5.29.10+6.4.10+6.5.10+7.16. 10+ 7.17.10+11.12.10+11.13.10+5.25.12+5.26.12+6.9.12+ 6.30.12+12.1.12+12.8.12+12.21.12+6.7.13+6.8.13
Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #3742
Lude99
 
Lude99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 7,816

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb07 View Post
About to start the Ab Ripper video. Haven't been able to do abs/legs because of a hernia surgery.

Gonna squat for the first time in a while tonight. Abs tomorrow probably, but I've gotta take it easy...
You'll be using your abs for squats... you just had hernia surgery. Don't do abs the next day, let them recover.
Lude99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #3743
jpevear
 
jpevear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 3,503

Re: Weightlifting

Gloves discussion....

In the past couple of years I see one brand of gloves at the gym, and that brand is Harbinger. I've owned several pairs of Harbinger, two with the wrist support, one without. And I must say, these gloves are the biggest pieces of shit I've ever used.

First off, the ones with wrist support stink after a awhile. Sweat builds up and soaks the material - and after a few weeks they reek. Simple remedy would be to wash them... Sure, washing them takes the smell out but it also weakens the stitch and the material causing the gloves to fall apart.

Then there are the non wrist support Harbinger. I had a pair that lasted only two weeks before they started scrunching up and the material had lost it's stitching.

All I got to say is, FUCK Harbinger.

So I bought me a pair of full fingered Bionics..... and so far, I'm pleased.

What's the verdict here? Do you guys wear gloves, or no? They are a must for me.
__________________
-
jpevear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #3744
coyne
 
coyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,642
Send a message via AIM to coyne

Re: Weightlifting

gloves
coyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #3745
Jimi Thing 10
 
Jimi Thing 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 20,835

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne View Post
gloves
Gotta keep those hands nice and smooth, bro.
Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #3746
Devilspawn
Devil's poser ego
 
Devilspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere lost in NM
Posts: 1,831

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpevear View Post
Gloves discussion....

In the past couple of years I see one brand of gloves at the gym, and that brand is Harbinger. I've owned several pairs of Harbinger, two with the wrist support, one without. And I must say, these gloves are the biggest pieces of shit I've ever used.

First off, the ones with wrist support stink after a awhile. Sweat builds up and soaks the material - and after a few weeks they reek. Simple remedy would be to wash them... Sure, washing them takes the smell out but it also weakens the stitch and the material causing the gloves to fall apart.

Then there are the non wrist support Harbinger. I had a pair that lasted only two weeks before they started scrunching up and the material had lost it's stitching.

All I got to say is, FUCK Harbinger.

So I bought me a pair of full fingered Bionics..... and so far, I'm pleased.

What's the verdict here? Do you guys wear gloves, or no? They are a must for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyne View Post
gloves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Thing 10 View Post
Gotta keep those hands nice and smooth, bro.
quality series of posts

I got rid of my harbingers long ago and I use straps or versa grips now if I need some added support, but only if I feel I need it for grip issues or to really isolate
__________________
“Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything.”

see you in Berkley...

Devilspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #3747
Rodey
Minnesota Miracle Man
 
Rodey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 40,925

Re: Weightlifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Thing 10 View Post
Gotta keep those hands nice and smooth, bro.
__________________
Jordan
"I'll tell you what: I'm never eating at Benihana again. I don't care whose birthday it is."
Rodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #3748
fridge112887
 
fridge112887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5,044

Re: Weightlifting

Calluses/blisters are small signs of hard work. Ditch the gloves
__________________
Grant
fridge112887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #3749
Lude99
 
Lude99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 7,816

Re: Weightlifting

Lose the gloves and the straps. Get some chalk.
Lude99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #3750
coyne
 
coyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,642
Send a message via AIM to coyne

Re: Weightlifting

im kidding, whatever floats your boat. the occasional callus doesnt bother me.

Last week i started taking OMR. Every since the first time i took a PWO (SP250) they really havent done anything for me. Ive tried SP Max, Jack3d, Shotgun and SP 250 for a second time and even then, it wasnt as good as the first time . oh well. I guess im "tolerant" to caffeine even though i rarely drink coffee/soda/power drinks and dont feel much even when i do.

btw - ive tried those PWOs over the course of probably 3 years never consecutively
coyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


   
Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
Home
Ants+
Tour Central
Search bar
RSS Feeds
About Us
Contact Us
The Ants Blog
Advertise on Ants
Ants on your cell phone
iAnts
mobile news
mobile setlists
antslive!
Ants' Twitter
DMBLive Twitter
Matt's Twitter
Jake's Twitter
Joe's Twitter
Zack's Twitter