*** Official Kansas 2015 *** - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #61
peterberg94

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
Because it's like 1/6 of the venue.

We have never been before. How many would you guess are in the PIT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peterberg94 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-18-2015, 06:14 AM   #62
    jdunndmb

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Kansas 2015 ***

Quote:
    Originally Posted by peterberg94 View Post
    We have never been before. How many would you guess are in the PIT?

Well, it's not 1/6 of the venue, that's for sure. 1/60 would be a fair description though.

I'd imagine with the setup they're using around 300-350. Total is 18k, 11.3k is lawn since it wasn't reduced or expanded when they remodeled. Around 3k upper seats and party boxes, they put in the lower seats for this show which makes up 2k seats or so...bada bing bada boom, 300-350 in the pit. could be higher i suppose but i doubt it.
    Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 AM   #63
    peterberg94

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdunndmb View Post
    Well, it's not 1/6 of the venue, that's for sure. 1/60 would be a fair description though.

I'd imagine with the setup they're using around 300-350. Total is 18k, 11.3k is lawn since it wasn't reduced or expanded when they remodeled. Around 3k upper seats and party boxes, they put in the lower seats for this show which makes up 2k seats or so...bada bing bada boom, 300-350 in the pit. could be higher i suppose but i doubt it.

Cool! Thanks, I have heard good things. Is tailgating allowed? We will be driving from STL, probably spending the night and then back for the STL show.

peterberg94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #64
    RichieSSC

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I was there this past June for the Avett Brothers and the pit is gigantic...I would say at least in the 2000 neighborhood. However, it appears that the setup is different for DMB, but I would still anticipate a big pit, I would still say it could range anywhere from 500-1000.

Also, is anyone very concerned about how this show is selling? I mean, even if we were talking a 1000 person pit and that and seats sell out, that puts us in in the 6000 ticket sold neighborhood. My guess is that lawn is going to be very light and I don’t see this show making the 10,000 tickets sold mark.

Not good.
    RichieSSC is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-20-2015, 05:30 AM   #65
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by peterberg94 View Post
    Cool! Thanks, I have heard good things. Is tailgating allowed? We will be driving from STL, probably spending the night and then back for the STL show.

Depends on your definition of tailgating. A few drinks and sandwiches? Sure. Tailgating in the form of a Chiefs or Royals game? Yeah no. Don't even bother loading up the grill or attaching it to the trailer hitch. Stick to the cooler and chips and sandwiches. I'm sure we'll go the route of the cooler and swinging by Jason's Deli or Mr. GoodCents.
    Old 02-20-2015, 05:35 AM   #66
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichieSSC View Post
    I was there this past June for the Avett Brothers and the pit is gigantic...I would say at least in the 2000 neighborhood. However, it appears that the setup is different for DMB, but I would still anticipate a big pit, I would still say it could range anywhere from 500-1000.

Also, is anyone very concerned about how this show is selling? I mean, even if we were talking a 1000 person pit and that and seats sell out, that puts us in in the 6000 ticket sold neighborhood. My guess is that lawn is going to be very light and I don’t see this show making the 10,000 tickets sold mark.

Not good.
    I tend to become obsessive around these things so I check TM every morning to see if if the pit has gone from light blue to gray. The thing to keep in mind is that the show isn't for five months. When I was asking my buddies if they wanted to get tickets they acted like I was Mr. Planner. "No, it's just that tickets just went on sale and I can see the pit eventually selling out." It will, just give it time. I suspect as it gets closer the people that can afford pit (cough JOCO - that includes me so it's not offensive) will snatch them up.
    Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #67
    RichieSSC

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I tend to become obsessive around these things so I check TM every morning to see if if the pit has gone from light blue to gray. The thing to keep in mind is that the show isn't for five months. When I was asking my buddies if they wanted to get tickets they acted like I was Mr. Planner. "No, it's just that tickets just went on sale and I can see the pit eventually selling out." It will, just give it time. I suspect as it gets closer the people that can afford pit (cough JOCO - that includes me so it's not offensive) will snatch them up.
    Yea, I actually do the same thing and it borders on unhealthy. I live north of the river and have quite a few friends that are going. I am probably what I would consider an older fan, mid 30’s and have been going to DMB since I was a senior in high school. It just seemed to me that the Sandstone/KC show used to be a real hot show. Lots of college kids from KU, K State, Mizzou, ISU and even U of Nebraska. Now, as your fan base gets older, certain things change I imagine.

Since I moved to KC 3 years ago as well, it seems that the city just flat out does not buy tickets right when they go on sale. I mean, a few shows are that way. But even Chiefs and Royals games are last minute ticket buys for the city as well as concerts.

I guess living in Omaha for the last 10 years before KC, we were more starved for entertainment and all sorts of shows would sell out real fast.

Just curious on what you local Kansas Citians think.
    Old 02-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #68
    philphan

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Older fan mid 30's wow i feel ancient at 52. I guess that just means more years of shows (not only DMB cut my teeth on the dead in the 70's) Hope they give us a good show this summer.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichieSSC View Post
    Yea, I actually do the same thing and it borders on unhealthy. I live north of the river and have quite a few friends that are going. I am probably what I would consider an older fan, mid 30’s and have been going to DMB since I was a senior in high school. It just seemed to me that the Sandstone/KC show used to be a real hot show. Lots of college kids from KU, K State, Mizzou, ISU and even U of Nebraska. Now, as your fan base gets older, certain things change I imagine.

Since I moved to KC 3 years ago as well, it seems that the city just flat out does not buy tickets right when they go on sale. I mean, a few shows are that way. But even Chiefs and Royals games are last minute ticket buys for the city as well as concerts.

I guess living in Omaha for the last 10 years before KC, we were more starved for entertainment and all sorts of shows would sell out real fast.

Just curious on what you local Kansas Citians think.
    philphan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #69
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

I'm sure the fact that it's the middle of the week in the middle of summer has something to do with it too. Like you said, the fans that were packing the houses in the mid to late 1990s and early 2000s typically have children now that are old enough to go on family vacations so they could be waiting to see how that plays out. Most of my friends that are in that kind of situation (mid to late 30s) love DMB but aren't going to reschedule a trip to the Grand Canyon so they can go to the concert.
    Old 02-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #70
    podiumboy

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Not going to this show, was browsing threads and this caught my eye. I remember a time 10+ years ago where my friends and I all made sure to get our lawn tickets the day DMB tickets went on sale. Now I reminded all of the same people and they say "what's the rush? I don't feel like spending the money right now, we have 4 months."

We've all just always bought our own lawn tickets, ever since college, because nobody had enough money to put a bunch of seats on their credit card. With lawn we could all just buy a ticket whenever we wanted and still be together. It's funny how adulthood changes people.
    podiumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #71
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Ended up in Section 4, Row V.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #72
    dmb41er

Shows Seen: 113

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I'm really tempted to add this show, especially since pit is still available.

What's holding me back is they haven't played a show here since 2007...
    cue Dave: "these guys have never heard Big Whiskey..."
    dmb41er is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #73
    BustedAdam

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Sec 4 Row Z
    Old 04-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #74
    saxlover

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

clocking in
    Old 04-20-2015, 07:13 AM   #75
    jonesy827

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Pits have finally sold out. Pretty stoked for the first time I'm not going to have to travel to see the band!
    Old 05-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #76
    jonesy827

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb41er View Post
    I'm really tempted to add this show, especially since pit is still available.

What's holding me back is they haven't played a show here since 2007...
    cue Dave: "these guys have never heard Big Whiskey..."
    They played Sprint Center in 2009, hopefully they will count that as good enough.
    Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #77
    dontshootmydog
    KillHimHonorably

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Hello Kansas!
    They [the lots] don't officially open until 2 hours before the show, but they have always opened before that, usually around 2:30 - 3:00
    dontshootmydog is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #78
    westwingjl

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Only 4 weeks away, not a ton of love in this thread haha
    westwingjl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #79
    phoenix444

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I've been trying to get premiere parking but it looks like they may be sold out. Is it even worth it?
    phoenix444 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #80
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoenix444 View Post
    I've been trying to get premiere parking but it looks like they may be sold out. Is it even worth it?
    we like it. i mean it's easier to get in before and after but that's about it. it's not as if they have a huge private stash of loos that are only available to those in premier parking.

now if you ask me if premier is worth it at deer creek, i'd say no, not at all.
    Old 06-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #81
    stephic411

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Where is everyone staying that night? We want to stay somewhere cheaper and is close by. Probably should have booked a hotel weeks ago but didn't. Are you all doing a taxi or parking?
    stephic411 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #82
    stlbluespower
    DMB 2012

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    we like it. i mean it's easier to get in before and after but that's about it. it's not as if they have a huge private stash of loos that are only available to those in premier parking.

now if you ask me if premier is worth it at deer creek, i'd say no, not at all.

I'm also looking for parking tips and entry/exit strategies, as I will be heading back to St. Lou after the show.

Also, what is it about Deer Creek that leads you to say premier is not worth it there?
    stlbluespower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #83
    John Kelly
    Machead and Cheese

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone have any intel on the tailgating scene here? 17 days!!!
    John Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #84
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stlbluespower View Post
    I'm also looking for parking tips and entry/exit strategies, as I will be heading back to St. Lou after the show.

Also, what is it about Deer Creek that leads you to say premier is not worth it there?
    if you don't have premier go to 126th off of state ave. it's smaller and easier to get in and out of. That'll also make it easier for you to get back to 70. I've never had any issues tailgating there, and by tailgating I mean having a few drinks, not like Chiefs tailgating where I'm busting out the grill and kitchenette.

At deer creek it just seemed like we could have just as easily done GA parking. To me premier should have easy access in and out. Deer creek, at least where they had us park for premier, didn't offer either of that.
    Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #85
    bcharlsen

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

so whats the tailgating rules or is there going to be tailgating at all????
    bcharlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 AM   #86
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

i personally have never, ever (going all the way back to high school - a la mid 90s) had any run-ins with the authorities or security having a few drinks in the lot, whether out of a bottle, can, solo cup, or paint can. i'm thinking in my head of leaving our house at 4 - my plans have to be approved by the wife - because it's about a 30 minute trip and if we stop to get grub on the way it'd put us there about 5. that's enough time for me to snarf down a sandwich and have a few brews along with a quick robusto.

i can't confirm or deny that you can fire up a grill and have weenie roast. i'm lazy, especially when it comes to a concert in the middle of the week, so i'm guessing we'll stop and get sandwiches or joe's kc on the way out there. maybe i'll just call later on today and ask what time they're opening the lots - post it back here.

Last edited by jdunndmb; 06-29-2015 at 05:05 AM.
    jdunndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #87
    RichieSSC

My Tour Central Stats

Good Morning,

Looks like I am going to have 2 additional Pit tickets that I am going to try and need to sell. Anyone in need?

Thanks!
    Old 06-30-2015, 07:51 AM   #88
    BustedAdam

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Posted in the ticket thread but I will put this here as well. Ended up with an extra pair I dont need.

2 tickets
    Sec 4 Row Z
    Warehouse

face plus fees $179
    Old 06-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #89
    jdunndmb

My Tour Central Stats

Are all of pit at will call? I think it is because the ticketmaster we have are also at will call. If everyone's are then remind me to get there earlier than i had expected - it's gonna be a long line.
    Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #90
    jonesy827

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Are all of pit at will call? I think it is because the ticketmaster we have are also at will call. If everyone's are then remind me to get there earlier than i had expected - it's gonna be a long line.
    Pit is will call only for this event.