A Game of Thrones (HBO Series) - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 06-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #331
smokew11
1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO Series)

everyone this is real easy...

if it hasnt happened in the show yet, put it in a spoiler

its about respect for each other as a community. in the HP thread, Katie hadnt read the books yet. she was like the only one. We did our very best not to spoil anything for her, and that was 1 person. she was like the only 1 in the thread to have not read the books. but we did our best not to ruin it for her cuz she wanted to come in and have a conversation about it

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #332
    ComeNFrmTheCold
    Part XV: Celebrate!

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

holy fucking shit. Just finished EP 9. WTF is happening. All I know is that I am trying to predict what happens and pretty much strike out every single time. This show is amazing. Feel like I am going to need to read the books...

EDIT: I watched 6 hrs of this today hahahahaha. insane.
    Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #333
    sdkelso

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Well, like I said in the last two sentences up there, shouldn't there be much more to talk about with 4 books as opposed to 9 eps?

Also, I'm 25, nice try on insulting me as a high schooler. Better luck next time! And, I don't read any of the spoilers but half the 11 pages in this thread are people complaining about them. Seems to be a theme, no?

And lastly, yes it's a show. You seem to have flipped out at me much more than anyone else did at anything.
    Exactly, half of the eleven pages is bitching by people who clicked on something that was spoilered and should have assumed that it would be a, you know, spoiler. I've been following this story for years and I'd like to be a participant in a thread about it but it's awfully hard when people fail to take responsibility for their actions and start blaming people for their mistakes. It's annoying and the thread is much better off without it. Like the person above me said, it's very simple.

I just feel like the is a bunch of children bickering about something that in the end has little to no relevance. I'm not "flipping out on you". My tone is very reserved and collected. I'm blunt for the sake of sincerity, and hopefully, progress. Now, let the discussion continue.
    sdkelso is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #334
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdkelso View Post
    Exactly, half of the eleven pages is bitching by people who clicked on something that was spoilered and should have assumed that it would be a, you know, spoiler. I've been following this story for years and I'd like to be a participant in a thread about it but it's awfully hard when people fail to take responsibility for their actions and start blaming people for their mistakes. It's annoying and the thread is much better off without it. Like the person above me said, it's very simple.

I just feel like the is a bunch of children bickering about something that in the end has little to no relevance. I'm not "flipping out on you". My tone is very reserved and collected. I'm blunt for the sake of sincerity, and hopefully, progress. Now, let the discussion continue.
    Last I'll post on this because I don't really care that much but it's not simply about responsibility. I don't see how any reasonable discussion about 4 books would not contain spoilers. And having entire conversations in spoiler would get annoying. It's like talking about Return of the Jedi in a New Hope thread when there's a perfectly good RotJ thread. /nerdmetaphor

EDIT: Nevermind, that's a dumb metaphor.

Last edited by zajDmB1; 06-16-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #335
    meatball41

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I completely agree with the growing sentiment that there shouldnt be any spoilers in this thread. This is a thread to discuss things ABOUT THE SHOW, not the books so stop bringing up shit thats already happened later on in the story that the rest of us arent privy to.

I know this makes waaay too much sense....but for those of you who keep bringing up the fact that the book thread is dead, maybe if you guys posted in it then that thread would be revived and peeps would start using it to discuss things there that you guys want to continue to discuss in this thread using spoiler tags.

"Heng Dai, fuckin Wu"
    meatball41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #336
    fonzz41
    The Gabe Abides

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ComeNFrmTheCold View Post
    holy fucking shit. Just finished EP 9. WTF is happening. All I know is that I am trying to predict what happens and pretty much strike out every single time. This show is amazing. Feel like I am going to need to read the books...

EDIT: I watched 6 hrs of this today hahahahaha. insane.
    Woo hoo! Someone talking about the series instead of spoilers!

Glad you're all caught up, pretty amazing huh?! I kept going over scenarios in my head of how Ned could somehow still be alive...

I feel the same way about my predictions... no one shatters my confidence like George R. R. Martin in terms of my prediction abilities. Just to hear your thoughts though, and it was a question I posted earlier (hidden by all the spoiler back-and-forth), and predictions on what happens going forward?
    Anyone that disagrees with Matty is wrong and should go fuck themselves.
    fonzz41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #337
    ComeNFrmTheCold

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    Woo hoo! Someone talking about the series instead of spoilers!

Glad you're all caught up, pretty amazing huh?! I kept going over scenarios in my head of how Ned could somehow still be alive...

I feel the same way about my predictions... no one shatters my confidence like George R. R. Martin in terms of my prediction abilities. Just to hear your thoughts though, and it was a question I posted earlier (hidden by all the spoiler back-and-forth), and predictions on what happens going forward?
    I am really bad with names in this show so its gonna be hard to talk about them intelligently .

But honestly I have no idea. I'm dumbfounded that Ned is even dead. Honestly did not see that coming. It's like if Mad Men killed off Don Draper. I am at a complete loss. Not to mention, the storyarc overseas with the horseman the queen (see im an idiot with names haha) threw me for a complete loop as well. Not really sure what to expect with this witchcraft resurrection. I am assuming he's gonna come back all evil or something. Obviously somehow the queen is gonna somehow hatch those dragon eggs, and have some sort of ungodly army. But I mean there is civil unrest in the kingdoms already with the two families feuding, then add the threat of the White Walkers at the wall, and its going to be some sort of battle for middle earth type shit once they show up with dragons. I honestly have no idea how this is gonna pan out.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this show like fast-forwarded a number of years later after this season and followed the young Starks. There are a large number of younger characters on this show, and somehow they're going to play a large role I feel like. But honestly with Ned killed, I have no idea how the Starks are going to react now that Jamie is a prisoner.

I will say that Golden Crown scene was probably my favorite scene so far. It was...perfect.

EDIT: I dont think I've ever watched a show where I just hated so many characters. So many complete asses in the show. It is really interesting to watch them get away with some of the stuff they do.

Last edited by ComeNFrmTheCold; 06-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    ComeNFrmTheCold is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #338
    Drwbllz
    City Line

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am really bad with names in this show so its gonna be hard to talk about them intelligently .

But honestly I have no idea. I'm dumbfounded that Ned is even dead. Honestly did not see that coming. It's like if Mad Men killed off Don Draper. I am at a complete loss. Not to mention, the storyarc overseas with the horseman the queen (see im an idiot with names haha) threw me for a complete loop as well. Not really sure what to expect with this witchcraft resurrection. I am assuming he's gonna come back all evil or something. Obviously somehow the queen is gonna somehow hatch those dragon eggs, and have some sort of ungodly army. But I mean there is civil unrest in the kingdoms already with the two families feuding, then add the threat of the White Walkers at the wall, and its going to be some sort of battle for middle earth type shit once they show up with dragons. I honestly have no idea how this is gonna pan out.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this show like fast-forwarded a number of years later after this season and followed the young Starks. There are a large number of younger characters on this show, and somehow they're going to play a large role I feel like. But honestly with Ned killed, I have no idea how the Starks are going to react now that Jamie is a prisoner.

I will say that Golden Crown scene was probably my favorite scene so far. It was...perfect.

EDIT: I dont think I've ever watched a show where I just hated so many characters. So many complete asses in the show. It is really interesting to watch them get away with some of the stuff they do.

You did ok. I knew who you were talking about, anyway.

I understand the hatred for the characters and I think it speaks hghly of the effort they put in to casting every role. Someone mentioned Joffrey (the new boy-king) a few pages page as an example of this. I absolutely loathe him, and while the actor playing him might be a really nice guy, I'm not convinced I wouldn't have a few choice words for him if I saw him on the street. Excellent casting/acting.

I have no idea how much time passes throughout the series (or even between each book) since I haven't read it, but I feel like the the younger Starks (Bran and Arya) will age quite a bit and eventually be played by different actors.

I think that in the near future, the Dolthraqis (sp?...whatever, the horsemen) will be responsible for unseating the Lannisters from the throne given the attempt on the Khaleesi's life. It would seem that would be the natural progression in the arc, but I'm probably way off since R.R. Martin has been able to surprise me quite a few times already.

I'm not sure how the White Walkers fit into all this. How long can winter come before it finally gets here? It would seem like next season, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a glimpse/foreshadowing of them next week.

I think the older Stark (Rob?) dies before season two is over and that Snow carries on the family name in some way or form (However, the arranged marriages for Rob? and Arya add a new element, and with it new characters and potential, so again, I'm lost.

I think we can all agree that Arya becomes one badass bitch at some point, and I envision Bran being some sort of heroic warrior on an improved handi-capable saddle.

There are just so many unknowns and possibilities, but I guess that's why I'm so invested in this series.
    Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #339
    Sprunkn7

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I am so stoked about the season finale.
    Really looking forward to see how they film the end of this book!
    Sprunkn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #340
    maxpower00044
    You mustn't touch

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

See the parentheses. It says HBO series. It says nothing about the books. No one gives a fuck that you know what is going to happen. Wanna talk about the books? Make a damn thread for it. Christ.

PSN: Max_Power--

Last edited by maxpower00044; 06-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    maxpower00044 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #341
    mojo4395

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drwbllz View Post
    I'm not sure how the White Walkers fit into all this. How long can winter come before it finally gets here? It would seem like next season, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a glimpse/foreshadowing of them next week.
    Just a little comment on this, because I don't know how well this has been covered in the show or if people realize it. In Westeros, seasons don't follow yearly patterns. Each season can last many years, and there's no real rhyme or reason to how long a summer or a winter lasts. When the story picks up here, summer in this story has lasted somewhere around 11 years. So changing seasons aren't a good way to measure time in this story. Personally, in the books, I've had a hard time figuring out how much time passes, and it's all a bit of a guesstimate.
    Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #342
    mojo4395

My Tour Central Stats

I also think people need to chill a little bit about the "spoilers" thing. There have been a couple instances of things being brought up in a general way dealing with characters and how they act (without using spoilers tags), and that shouldn't happen. There was one spoiler that should've been marked better so people didn't think it was a punchline to a joke. And there have been a couple posts using the spoiler tag that have been clearly labelled where people have given thoughts on how the book and the show diverge, myself included. It hasn't been a rampant thing, and all this yelling at each other is making this a much less enjoyable thread. People should respect the fact that things shouldn't get spoiled, and those who haven't read the book shouldn't complain about occasional comments under a "spoiler" tag. It's not like there are pages and pages of "spoiler" tags to sift through. So can we please all just get along before someone gets angry and starts putting in major plot points without "spoiler" tags just to piss people off?
    Old 06-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #343
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mojo4395 View Post
    Just a little comment on this, because I don't know how well this has been covered in the show or if people realize it. In Westeros, seasons don't follow yearly patterns. Each season can last many years, and there's no real rhyme or reason to how long a summer or a winter lasts. When the story picks up here, summer in this story has lasted somewhere around 11 years. So changing seasons aren't a good way to measure time in this story. Personally, in the books, I've had a hard time figuring out how much time passes, and it's all a bit of a guesstimate.
    I think they've actually done a great job of driving this point home.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #344
    mojo4395

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    I think they've actually done a great job of driving this point home.
    That's good. It's hard for me to tell sometimes how well they're explaining some of the intricacies to the world, since it's stuff I already know anyways, and I've really only watched each episode once. So I don't always remember how well they talked about one aspect or another in the show. Kind of like the confusion between the wights and the white walkers from a couple of episodes ago.
    Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #345
    Drwbllz
    City Line

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Oh no, I got that. Maybe I didn't explain it enough. Like someone else said after your post, I feel like they've explained the way seasons work pretty well. I feel like a good amount of time has passed (close to a year? more?) since the first episode (mainly because I remember someone early on saying that it took a few months (or something) for the king and the Lannisters to travel from the capital to Winterfell.

What I don't understand is that with the amount of time that I think has passed and the uncertainty of the length of seasons how do they know winter is coming? It just seems like they've known that it's right around the corner, but it's anything but.

Also, to those that have read the books. Does the first book expound on the Mad King any more than the series has?
    Old 06-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #346
    fonzz41
    The Gabe Abides

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What I don't understand is that with the amount of time that I think has passed and the uncertainty of the length of seasons how do they know winter is coming? It just seems like they've known that it's right around the corner, but it's anything but.

Also, to those that have read the books. Does the first book expound on the Mad King any more than the series has?
    I think it's more a premonition the maesters get, maybe even the weather starting to change a bit? Not really sure myself after having read through the series once. Given, I was so into the story I devoured the books and didn't pay as much attention to detail as I would've liked... Looking forward to a second, slower read-through to hopefully grab more details.

As for the Mad King, yes. More details on all the characters, even the present ones, are in the books.
    Anyone that disagrees with Matty is wrong and should go fuck themselves.
    fonzz41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #347
    Drwbllz
    City Line

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I think it's more a premonition the maesters get, maybe even the weather starting to change a bit? Not really sure myself after having read through the series once. Given, I was so into the story I devoured the books and didn't pay as much attention to detail as I would've liked... Looking forward to a second, slower read-through to hopefully grab more details.

As for the Mad King, yes. More details on all the characters, even the present ones, are in the books.
    I guess that makes sense. I'll be starting Game of Thrones next week, so I'm thinking a lot of my questions will be answered after I wrap it up.

I assumed there was more detail put into the characters that we have seen. It just seems like the Mad King gets referenced so much. I wasn't as interested in it before as I was after last season when the old guy up @ the wall tells Snow of his relation to me. I just got the impression that it was a lot more important to understand that backstory after his little monologue...or maybe I'm reading too much into things.

Time will tell...
    Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #348
    sdkelso

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I found that my opinions of the characters changed a lot (both from bad to good and good to bad). Originally hated Dany, now love Dany. I was okay with Stannis at first but his storyline got annoying after awhile. I couldn't stand Robb by the third book. I didn't like Jaime at all in the first book, but he was one of my favorites in book two. The characters can be dynamic, but I think sometimes Martin took it too far, almost reaching nihilistic.
    Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #349
    sdkelso

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess that makes sense. I'll be starting Game of Thrones next week, so I'm thinking a lot of my questions will be answered after I wrap it up.

I assumed there was more detail put into the characters that we have seen. It just seems like the Mad King gets referenced so much. I wasn't as interested in it before as I was after last season when the old guy up @ the wall tells Snow of his relation to me. I just got the impression that it was a lot more important to understand that backstory after his little monologue...or maybe I'm reading too much into things.

Time will tell...
    I think it's the second book that expounds on that war a lot (so don't be disappointed if you don't find out as much as you'd like). But we still don't have close to all of the information. Especially the Rhaegar/Lyanna stuff (which is what I wanted to know most about).
    Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #350
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Drogos speech was pimpin
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #351
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Holy shit, I just saw last sundays episode. I can't believe what the fuck just happened, wow.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #352
    mojo4395

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I found that my opinions of the characters changed a lot (both from bad to good and good to bad). Originally hated Dany, now love Dany. I was okay with Stannis at first but his storyline got annoying after awhile. I couldn't stand Robb by the third book. I didn't like Jaime at all in the first book, but he was one of my favorites in book two. The characters can be dynamic, but I think sometimes Martin took it too far, almost reaching nihilistic.
    I have to say this is the type of general stuff that I think should be posted under spoilers tags. If you haven't read the books, there's a decent amount of general info here that you probably don't want to know right now. Just talking about who's still alive come book 3 is a spoiler. So let's try to be respectful of people who don't want information about future books given out.
    Old 06-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #353
    JTRocks

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have to say this is the type of general stuff that I think should be posted under spoilers tags. If you haven't read the books, there's a decent amount of general info here that you probably don't want to know right now. Just talking about who's still alive come book 3 is a spoiler. So let's try to be respectful of people who don't want information about future books given out.
    Exactly, i want to discuss this show, but I'm done reading through this shit where people are talking about characters in later books. People on this same thread who have read the books have said, "don't get too attached to the characters" because any of them can go at the drop of a hat. So when i see you talking about book 3 and what not and a specific namee, you literally take away any suspense of me thinking that specific character will die anytime soon on the series.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Last I'll post on this because I don't really care that much but it's not simply about responsibility. I don't see how any reasonable discussion about 4 books would not contain spoilers. And having entire conversations in spoiler would get annoying. It's like talking about Return of the Jedi in a New Hope thread when there's a perfectly good RotJ thread. /nerdmetaphor

EDIT: Nevermind, that's a dumb metaphor.
    This

And i actually think thats a really good metaphor.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meatball41 View Post
    I completely agree with the growing sentiment that there shouldnt be any spoilers in this thread. This is a thread to discuss things ABOUT THE SHOW, not the books so stop bringing up shit thats already happened later on in the story that the rest of us arent privy to.

I know this makes waaay too much sense....but for those of you who keep bringing up the fact that the book thread is dead, maybe if you guys posted in it then that thread would be revived and peeps would start using it to discuss things there that you guys want to continue to discuss in this thread using spoiler tags.
    so wait....the only reason people are not talking about the book in the thread that is SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THE FUCKING BOOK is because the thread is "dead"??? WTF?

Honestly, if you're in here talking about the book and don't use any spoilers, PLEASE give me just 1, only 1 reasonable explanation as to why you shouldn't post in the other thread and post here where it specifically says "(HBO SHOW)"?? I'm waiting...
    JTRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #354
    ComeNFrmTheCold

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You did ok. I knew who you were talking about, anyway.

I understand the hatred for the characters and I think it speaks hghly of the effort they put in to casting every role. Someone mentioned Joffrey (the new boy-king) a few pages page as an example of this. I absolutely loathe him, and while the actor playing him might be a really nice guy, I'm not convinced I wouldn't have a few choice words for him if I saw him on the street. Excellent casting/acting.

I have no idea how much time passes throughout the series (or even between each book) since I haven't read it, but I feel like the the younger Starks (Bran and Arya) will age quite a bit and eventually be played by different actors.

I think that in the near future, the Dolthraqis (sp?...whatever, the horsemen) will be responsible for unseating the Lannisters from the throne given the attempt on the Khaleesi's life. It would seem that would be the natural progression in the arc, but I'm probably way off since R.R. Martin has been able to surprise me quite a few times already.

I think the older Stark (Rob?) dies before season two is over and that Snow carries on the family name in some way or form (However, the arranged marriages for Rob? and Arya add a new element, and with it new characters and potential, so again, I'm lost.

I think we can all agree that Arya becomes one badass bitch at some point, and I envision Bran being some sort of heroic warrior on an improved handi-capable saddle.

There are just so many unknowns and possibilities, but I guess that's why I'm so invested in this series.
    Pretty much agree with all of this. Honestly, I am probably most excited about the possibilities of the Dothraquis. Probably the nerd in me, but I am like geeking out just thinking about what this spell is going to do, and secondly the potential to revive dragons.

I would probably be more excited about the White Walkers if I had a better idea of what they are. We don't really know much besides that they've been gone for ages and everybody freaks out about them. But yeah, it just seems like there is a serious threat everywhere you turn currently. Really excited for the finale. I have no idea what they're going to wrap up, but this was the perfect time to get into this show, because I didnt have to wait long
    Old 06-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #355
    buzz05232000
    In Flynn We Trust

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    Robb's speech was pimpin
    fixed...

http://www.last.fm/user/buzz05232000
    buzz05232000 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #356
    JTRocks

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pretty much agree with all of this. Honestly, I am probably most excited about the possibilities of the Dothraquis. Probably the nerd in me, but I am like geeking out just thinking about what this spell is going to do, and secondly the potential to revive dragons.

I would probably be more excited about the White Walkers if I had a better idea of what they are. We don't really know much besides that they've been gone for ages and everybody freaks out about them. But yeah, it just seems like there is a serious threat everywhere you turn currently. Really excited for the finale. I have no idea what they're going to wrap up, but this was the perfect time to get into this show, because I didnt have to wait long
    Don't worry, i'm sure someone who has read the books will come in here and indirectly explain it for you, and most likely spoil it for you in the process
    JTRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #357
    sdkelso

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Very good point. That I had not considered. I will definitely be more conscientious.
    Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #358
    sdkelso

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTRocks View Post
    Honestly, if you're in here talking about the book and don't use any spoilers, PLEASE give me just 1, only 1 reasonable explanation as to why you shouldn't post in the other thread and post here where it specifically says "(HBO SHOW)"?? I'm waiting...
    Because there are two or three people here that have read the books. Unfortunately, Martin doesn't release a new book every Friday night (in fact the one coming out this July will be the first in like four years). There's not exactly a bunch of new information coming to light. Most of what we'd like to discuss has to do with how the show interprets the characters, story, etc. Seeing as that relates to the, you know, show I think it's at least somewhat appropriate to talk about it in a thread about the show. Furthermore, three people in one thread would generate a post or two a day. It's definitely not feasible (or necessary) to maintain such a thread when most of the discussion come off of what happens in this thread. If you hadn't noticed (I'm assuming you haven't) the main argument is about someone who posted a spoiler underneath a tag. For the most part, it's people responsibly discussing spoilers, underneath spoiler tags (what they're made for, mind you). People seem to be pissed that they chose to click the button that says, for all intents and purposes, "spoil this for me". The only spoilers that have been outside of tags are things like "no one is safe" and "I didn't like [...] in book three." The second, I'll admit, was uncalled for, but if someone is getting as upset as you are about things like that, they really need to take it easy. If something like knowing that one character is still alive halfway through the series is something that spoils the whole thing for you, you need to take a step back. Hopefully one day you'll discover that there are more important things in life than a television show.

Adequate answer. Christ, can this stop? Both parties, people that have read the books and people that haven't, take responsibility for your actions. That simple.
    Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #359
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Because there are two or three people here that have read the books. Unfortunately, Martin doesn't release a new book every Friday night (in fact the one coming out this July will be the first in like four years). There's not exactly a bunch of new information coming to light. Most of what we'd like to discuss has to do with how the show interprets the characters, story, etc. Seeing as that relates to the, you know, show I think it's at least somewhat appropriate to talk about it in a thread about the show. Furthermore, three people in one thread would generate a post or two a day. It's definitely not feasible (or necessary) to maintain such a thread when most of the discussion come off of what happens in this thread. If you hadn't noticed (I'm assuming you haven't) the main argument is about someone who posted a spoiler underneath a tag. For the most part, it's people responsibly discussing spoilers, underneath spoiler tags (what they're made for, mind you). People seem to be pissed that they chose to click the button that says, for all intents and purposes, "spoil this for me". The only spoilers that have been outside of tags are things like "no one is safe" and "I didn't like [...] in book three." The second, I'll admit, was uncalled for, but if someone is getting as upset as you are about things like that, they really need to take it easy. If something like knowing that one character is still alive halfway through the series is something that spoils the whole thing for you, you need to take a step back. Hopefully one day you'll discover that there are more important things in life than a television show.

Adequate answer. Christ, can this stop? Both parties, people that have read the books and people that haven't, take responsibility for your actions. That simple.
    Your holier than thou attitude since the 1st page of this thread is wearing thin. Youve made it very clear already that anyone that is watching the how without reading the books is somehow a weirdo or something to that effect, and in no way can enjoy the show since they havent read the all mighty books.
    If you are going to talk about the books, and ANYTHING that hasnt happened, put it in a fucking spoiler. I have the books sitting here, and havent started reading them yet, and dont want to see and shit that may happen, hasnt happened, whats different between the show and the book, etc etc etc.

Spoiler that shit out of courtesy for those that havent read the books. Its not a hard concept. And if there is another thread concerning the books, any discussion about the books should be there. Maybe the act that many people are bitching about it should be a clue.

Last edited by dre2142; 06-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #360
    sdkelso

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, you don't seem to get it. I give up. And I never once said it was impossible to enjoy the show without having read the books (which are on the lower end of mediocre, far from mighty). It's (to me) as if someone watches Star Wars episodes one, two, and three, decides for whatever reason not to watch four, five, and six (to old, perhaps) and says that they're a huge Star Wars fan. It just seems a bit strange.