Official Fuck the Police thread - Page 132 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #3931
justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Fuck the Police thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
2. Please point us to the part of the video that shows that Dendinger pushed Cassard so violently and forceful, he fell back three feet.
are you talking about the 2 second potato video where he's not serving anything to anybody and appears to be holding his cellphone in one hand?

because that would make sense why you don't see the actual altercation in a video that he doesn't want you to see the actual altercation.

we went over this last night... what don't you get about that video being irrelevant to the facts?

can you show me a video where he actually serves someone some papers?

edit: i'm gonna sue Lee for assault. then show everyone video of me sipping a mocha frap at starbucks as evidence.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #3932
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

So a videotape of the encounter is irrelevant to what happened?

I feel like I am debating with the twilight zone or my cat here.
    Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #3933
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Justin, are you saying that the video doesn't show service but rather the guy just going up to the guy who is supposed to be served, with supposedly only a cell phone in his hand, slapping the cell phone against the guy who is supposed to be served chest, and then walking away?

Are you saying that the cell phone evidence is just staged and that the service happened at a different time without video cameras around?

Because watching the short video it's pretty clear there isn't any real violence there when he puts the summons on the guys chest, which is different than what the witnesses said. You can also see something white in the guys hands. Paper is white usually in case you didn't know that.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #3934
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So a videotape of the encounter is irrelevant to what happened?

I feel like I am debating with the twilight zone or my cat here.
    what encounter? it looks like douchebag already served papers and is going back for a second or third helping of douchey-ness (probably because this first trys didn't incite the beat down he expected).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    Justin, are you saying that the video doesn't show service but rather the guy just going up to the guy who is supposed to be served, with supposedly only a cell phone in his hand, slapping the cell phone against the guy who is supposed to be served chest, and then walking away?

Are you saying that the cell phone evidence is just staged and that the service happened at a different time without video cameras around?

Because watching the short video it's pretty clear there isn't any real violence there when he puts the summons on the guys chest, which is different than what the witnesses said. You can also see something white in the guys hands. Paper is white usually in case you didn't know that.
    cazzie sees an assault (weather it's papers or a cellphone).

but cazzie also knows that there's no papers worth serving that are mistakeable for a white cellphone.

papers are normally pretty thick and most of the time not folded and secured in brown/manilla legal envelopes.

the two second video is obviously two seconds of what happened AFTER the serve/assault.

but let's take this view the other way. doppledouche says that he stuck a stick in a bees nest and they were all over him yelling, cursing and shoving him. where is that on the video?
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #3935
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Well, it wouldn't be an assault if it were the papers because putting papers against someone's chest likely isn't force or violence in the matter shown as they have a legal right to serve the person. Also, it might not be an assault because battery is defined in Louisiana as "intentional use of force or violence upon the person of another" and that might not qualify as force or violence if it was a cell phone.

A basic summons and complaint can be not that thick. I've seen them as small as 4 pages. Easily can be folded up especially since this guy didn't seem like a pro.

The two second video isn't obvious as to what happened after the video. There is no evidence of that. There is no evidence of seeing the white object in his hand again. There is facts that all of his charges got dismissed. I'm assuming you are of the opinion that the media took hold of this incorrectly and it got dismissed because of public pressure?

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #3936
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    what encounter? it looks like douchebag already served papers and is going back for a second or third helping of douchey-ness (probably because this first trys didn't incite the beat down he expected).
    What evidence shows this? This is more of a reach than our claim, wouldn't you agree?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #3937
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    After the first bold, I was certain you are a Fox News watcher. After reading the second bold, I'm not so sure you've even heard of Fox News.

And you're correct, your undergraduate thesis isn't evidence or proof of anything.
    So finding evidence that suggests that liberal newspapers gave favorable coverage to the Occupy Wall Street movement and negative coverage to the Tea Party, but conservative-leaning newspapers gave less-biased coverage to either movement, isn't at least a little proof that liberal media outlets treat liberal causes more favorably? Because that's what my thesis was. I can send it to you if you'd like, although you'd probably just give up halfway through again like my law review article. I'm pretty sure you're being antagonistic just for the sake of being antagonistic these days.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #3938
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    So finding evidence that suggests that liberal newspapers gave favorable coverage to the Occupy Wall Street movement and negative coverage to the Tea Party, but conservative-leaning newspapers gave less-biased coverage to either movement, isn't at least a little proof that liberal media outlets treat liberal causes more favorably? Because that's what my thesis was. I can send it to you if you'd like, although you'd probably just give up halfway through again like my law review article. I'm pretty sure you're being antagonistic just for the sake of being antagonistic these days.
    Pretty sure the Tea Party was financially, and in practice, backed by people involved with Fox News, was it not?
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #3939
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    Pretty sure the Tea Party was financially, and in practice, backed by people involved with Fox News, was it not?
    Yes, which is why I limited my study only to newspapers.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #3940
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    What evidence shows this? This is more of a reach than our claim, wouldn't you agree?
    the evidence of his own statement: "says that he stuck a stick in a bees nest and they were all over him yelling, cursing and shoving him." which was also evidenced NOT to have occured per his own video that he supplied. instead it shows the person he served turning around and walking into a building, which is exactly the opposite of a "bees nest of verbal assault and torment".

meaning that IF there was a bees nest, then it was probably at the time/after and as a response to when he assaulted someone. where is that video? oh, it was edited out because it's not a good look to his complaint? gotcha.

meaning that the 2 second video is him going back for seconds and showing people literally escaping the situation by retreating.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #3941
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

So was your thesis "newspapers" or "media outlets?"

If it was purely newspapers and you never mentioned media outlets, fine, that could be correct.

But if you start talking about media outlets and don't acknowledge the elephant in the room, it's a bit misleading. FN CRUSHES everyone else combined. So even if that was the only media outlet shitting on OWS and literally propping up the Tea Party, it's a big deal.
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #3942
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Please do send it.
    However, an undergraduate thesis is extremely unlikely to serve as evidence of anything. I do want to see the hundreds / thousands of articles of newspapers you combed through to see what it says.
    Regarding your other article, I read the entire thing. I sent feedback to you after reading the first part - feedback you never responded to. Were my thoughts too complicated?
    Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #3943
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
    So was your thesis "newspapers" or "media outlets?"

If it was purely newspapers and you never mentioned media outlets, fine, that could be correct.

But if you start talking about media outlets and don't acknowledge the elephant in the room, it's a bit misleading. FN CRUSHES everyone else combined. So even if that was the only media outlet shitting on OWS and literally propping up the Tea Party, it's a big deal.
    It was only newspapers. I misspoke (mistyped?) when I said "media outlets" in my post above.
    Old 03-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #3944
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the evidence of his own statement: "says that he stuck a stick in a bees nest and they were all over him yelling, cursing and shoving him." which was also evidenced NOT to have occured per his own video that he supplied. instead it shows the person he served turning around and walking into a building, which is exactly the opposite of a "bees nest of verbal assault and torment".

meaning that IF there was a bees nest, then it was probably at the time/after and as a response to when he assaulted someone. where is that video? oh, it was edited out because it's not a good look to his complaint? gotcha.

meaning that the 2 second video is him going back for seconds and showing people literally escaping the situation by retreating.
    So... The conversation just kinda died after this, huh?
    Old 03-04-2015, 03:21 AM   #3945
    gripes81
    bout half

Shows Seen: 41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So... The conversation just kinda died after this, huh?
    Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #3946
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

I think Justin might have a copy of the videos I don't have with sound. Justin, can you share the link with the sound from the videos?
    Old 03-04-2015, 04:07 AM   #3947
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Where is the video of the bees nest lee?
    Old 03-04-2015, 04:11 AM   #3948
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Where is the video of the bees nest lee?
    I'm not the one speculating on what happened. You've made quite a bit of speculations that there was not yelling or other communication, so naturally I am assuming you have a video with sound that shows that - I haven't seen any video(s) with sound. Surely, you just wouldn't speculate on that type of thing without having any information at all about it, would you?

EDIT: Of course you are still tangled up in another mostly irrelevant point. The relevant points should be did the LEOs and DAs tell the truth about the interaction Dendinger have with Cassard?

Last edited by Lee3691; 03-04-2015 at 04:12 AM.
    Old 03-04-2015, 04:20 AM   #3949
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

It seems Justin and Msteng are not the only law enforcement apologists who have difficulty understanding math (numbers and statistics yo):

New York Police Department commissioner Bill Bratton blamed a slight uptick in violence in the city (45 homicides at this point last year, versus 54 this year) on marijuana.: “The seemingly innocent drug that’s been legalized around the country. In this city, people are killing each other over marijuana more so than anything that we had to deal with [in the] 80s and 90s with heroin and cocaine . . . In some instances, it’s a causal factor. But it’s an influence in almost everything that we do here.”

If the numbers hold up through the end of the year, NYC will have about 383 murders. NYC has 2245 murders in 1990. Also, in Denver, during the first few year of legalization, the over all crime level dropped, including homicides, which decreased by 26%.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...-in-shootings/
    Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 AM   #3950
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Total crimes going down in our country's largest city, a thing that both sides of this thread support, yet Lee still tries to turn it into a polarizing issue. Christ.
    Old 03-04-2015, 06:12 AM   #3951
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Total crimes going down in our country's largest city, a thing that both sides of this thread support, yet Lee still tries to turn it into a polarizing issue. Christ.
    The Police Chief of our country's largest city is blaming an increase in homicides this year (albeit, with only 8 weeks worth of data) on marijuana, which is absurd. Don't get on my case since I am pointing out certain people don't understand math.
    Old 03-04-2015, 06:16 AM   #3952
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Police Chief of our country's largest city is blaming an increase in homicides this year (albeit, with only 8 weeks worth of data) on marijuana, which is absurd. Don't get on my case since I am pointing out certain people don't understand math.
    Then don't point me out by name and associate me with someone who is clearly incompetent.
    Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #3953
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Then don't point me out by name and associate me with someone who is clearly incompetent.
    I specifically mentioned math. You've had issues with it when discussing the crime rate. I'll move on though.
    Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #3954
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.mediaite.com/online/prote...tony-robinson/

Figured if this starts to blow up like Ferguson, discussion of it is going to spill out into other threads, so I'm going to reopen this one for now.

Going to ask once more that y'all knock off the personal attacks. Please stick to the content.
    Old 03-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #3955
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

I live in the Madison area so this is obviously closer to home.

I'm in the "wait until we see what actually happened" camp.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #3956
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

My Tour Central Stats

I will say the police force and local government have done a MUCH better job of handling this situation. Everyone is saying the right things.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:01 AM   #3957
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Without video, we'll never know the full truth.
    Old 03-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #3958
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...lumn/24611623/
    Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #3959
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Is the jist of the situation that the guy ran into some building, cops followed, scuffle and he was shot? I know that's simplifeid and leaves a lot to be determined what happened in the building but is that the general story that everyone else has or is there something different?
    Old 03-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #3960
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Is the jist of the situation that the guy ran into some building, cops followed, scuffle and he was shot? I know that's simplifeid and leaves a lot to be determined what happened in the building but is that the general story that everyone else has or is there something different?

That is the jist of it.
    Closed Thread