***Official Tampa 2014 Thread*** - Page 8 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #211
mthawk07
In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Tampa 2014 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie LoneWolf View Post
Anyone get a photo/see the original set list paper?
It was posted on FB.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...82319082_n.jpg

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-18-2014, 12:36 AM   #212
    Danwack
    Gator Nation

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Tampa is 2 for 40 in the last two years in terms of Big Whiskey, following last year's historic oh-fer. That's mildly interesting to me.
    Danwack is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #213
    Quazie27

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coachman76 View Post
    Last night was my 14th show. I know the difference between a good DMB show, a mediocre one and a bad one. The acoustic set was okay, they phoned in the electric set. Too many repeats, too many dead horse songs, terrible set closer, bad encore. Dave's voice was going out. He needs a mid-tour break. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. DMB is human, they are capable of sub-par shows. Effort and quality are two different things. They set the bar this high and then they throw tantrums when they don't get over it. This reactionary defense of the band being infallible and incapable of playing a bad show never ceases to amaze me. It was a complete letdown to watch the webcast from Jacksonville and to see them phone it in with essentially the same show the next day.

They're human beings, they have off nights and Tampa isn't WPB, SPAC, The Gorge or Charlottesville. That's life as a DMB fan. People may be sick of fans like me bitching, but I'm just as sick of people saying this band is foolproof, incapable of error and anything resembling critique of them is heresy. If I want my dissent crushed, I'll go to The White House.

People have a right to their opinion and my tour stats on am.org don't lie. I love the band and I have come to expect the best every time. Of course I DO NOT feel like my time was wasted last night, but I have seen much better than last night. They're human, it happens, I am a critic and a passionate fan. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Lol some of you take DMB a little too seriously.

The show was fun. I enjoyed myself. I woke up the next morning and went to work.
    Quazie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #214
    elmachobaracho

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darbini View Post
    I like how people are mentioning 10 'repeats' from the Jacksonville show, I was happy DMB played 8 songs they had never played in Tampa before yesterday
    that's my perspective as well. We were due for a Seek Up. Good Good Time great start to the encore.
    I'm expecting some repeats in WPB as well, but enough to more than balance it out with songs never played or not recently played at that venue.
    elmachobaracho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #215
    Antiramie

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I'm pretty critical about setlist variety, but I don't see how someone could complain about a set being stale that included:

Recently
    Snow Outside
    Ants Marching
    I'll Back You Up
    Crash Into Me
    Minarets
    Don't Drink the Water
    Seek Up
    So Right
    Satellite
    Crush
    So Much to Say
    Granny
    Drunken Soldier
    Good Good Time

Maybe within the context of this tour it was nothing out of the ordinary, but in general I thought the setlist was diverse and fun as hell. TMTT and Sweet were a lull, but they're two very short songs that Minarets more than made up for. The encore to me was the weakest part of the night. None of the three songs do a lot for me, but by that time I had been having so much fun I really didn't care what they played. It wasn't a make or break situation with the encore that I've felt in the past with underwhelming main sets.

9/10
    Antiramie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #216
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coachman76 View Post
    Last night was my 14th show. I know the difference between a good DMB show, a mediocre one and a bad one. The acoustic set was okay, they phoned in the electric set. Too many repeats, too many dead horse songs, terrible set closer, bad encore. Dave's voice was going out. He needs a mid-tour break. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. DMB is human, they are capable of sub-par shows. Effort and quality are two different things. They set the bar this high and then they throw tantrums when they don't get over it. This reactionary defense of the band being infallible and incapable of playing a bad show never ceases to amaze me. It was a complete letdown to watch the webcast from Jacksonville and to see them phone it in with essentially the same show the next day.

They're human beings, they have off nights and Tampa isn't WPB, SPAC, The Gorge or Charlottesville. That's life as a DMB fan. People may be sick of fans like me bitching, but I'm just as sick of people saying this band is foolproof, incapable of error and anything resembling critique of them is heresy. If I want my dissent crushed, I'll go to The White House.

People have a right to their opinion and my tour stats on am.org don't lie. I love the band and I have come to expect the best every time. Of course I DO NOT feel like my time was wasted last night, but I have seen much better than last night. They're human, it happens, I am a critic and a passionate fan. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    I'm wondering why you care about repeats when it was your first show of the tour? If you're that concerned about repeats and stale sets, don't watch setlists the whole tour.
    Old 07-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #217
    wnsthalastime

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

The show was fun. I enjoyed myself. I woke up the next morning and went to work.[/QUOTE]
    THIS THO! Careful though Scalia over here might beg to differ. I've never understood all the Tampa hate. It's a Wed. show before two nights at Cruzan, expectation management would probably be the best way to enjoy the show, which is why I would think anyone would go in the first place. Personally, there were a lot of songs I wasn't too too into but again still pretty rad to spend a Wed night listening to Dave live. I don't ever go into the Tampa show with expectations. I always meet some cool people to tailgate with, hear one or three songs I'm craving, and dance my taint off. Same things I do at any other Dave show I go to I guess the only REAL difference is here you're dancing next to a dude in a tank top and up at SPAC you're dancing to an ex-highscool LaXer with an ironic NBA jersey on. Also maybe I would be more disjointed if this was the only Dave show I was going to see in Florida. It never is so I don't know, I guess I see it as an opener for my trip over to the ol Cruzan promise land. Maybe we need to set up an extra cheery tailgate before next year and really get the good vibes going. Also am I the only one that really enjoyed the Byrne close? I thought it was a fun way to end it.
    wnsthalastime is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #218
    dmbgame

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wnsthalastime View Post
    Also am I the only one that really enjoyed the Byrne close? I thought it was a fun way to end it.
    Burning Down the House is a great encore closer. I was talking in the pit line before the show about how much I enjoyed hearing it at its debut in Louisville a few years ago. Right before it started Dave turned toward me and I was just about to yell for the song when I heard the opening notes, so I got a big kick out of that. Plus it was fun to know a song that no one around me knew, as I'm usually the one asking "what song is this?"

It was a pleasant change from the typical encores and a highlight of the night.
    dmbgame is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #219
    made2heal

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Dear fellow Ants, I was wondering if anyone had a duplicate of the Tampa night poster to possibly sell towards my way. I watched the last one be sold at the booth, then ran across to the other side, and sure enough it was gone. I did all this with out my friend knowing while she stayed in her seat. It was our first DMB show together and I really wanted to get one for her, because she herself is an Orlando artist. I really want to get her this poster at some point. I live in the Orlando area, and I hope to surprise her one day soon. I may have to ebay this just for her. But if any of you guys have a way to help, let me know Ants helping Ants!
    Old 07-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #220
    noelle95dmb

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

I don't care what anyone else says...amazing show it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it and danced my ass off. Even my boyfriend who isn't the biggest DMB fan was wowed by the guys. I'm slowly converting him...
    noelle95dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #221
    aarondd27

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

This was a great show! i dont understand the hate...IMO it was a better setlist than last year (which i thought was also a great show) and it was a million times better than WPB night 1. im sorry but N1 WPB electric set just sucked besides opening with The Stone. plus you didnt get the lovely ladies in tampa! on a unrelated note, i gotta say the WPB crowd is much more fun than the tampa crowd....lots of old people sitting down during the acoustic set in tampa.
    aarondd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #222
    G8RDave

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by made2heal View Post
    Dear fellow Ants, I was wondering if anyone had a duplicate of the Tampa night poster to possibly sell towards my way. I watched the last one be sold at the booth, then ran across to the other side, and sure enough it was gone. I did all this with out my friend knowing while she stayed in her seat. It was our first DMB show together and I really wanted to get one for her, because she herself is an Orlando artist. I really want to get her this poster at some point. I live in the Orlando area, and I hope to surprise her one day soon. I may have to ebay this just for her. But if any of you guys have a way to help, let me know Ants helping Ants!
    Artist Drop Tonight at 8PM
    Jamesreadsmerch.com
    Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #223
    wnsthalastime

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noelle95dmb View Post
    I don't care what anyone else says...amazing show it was. I thoroughly enjoyed it and danced my ass off. Even my boyfriend who isn't the biggest DMB fan was wowed by the guys. I'm slowly converting him...

Lol right on! I hope I never lose sight of the fact that I'm seeing my favorite band in the whole world.
    Old 07-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #224
    Copperpot5
    DMB SHN Haven Alumn

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Full Electric set Multicam Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YF5HsgCVG8

Dave Matthews Band
    July 16, 2014
    MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre (Florida State Fairgrounds)
    Tampa, FL

Set II (Electric Set):

00:02:07 Don't Drink the Water »
    00:08:22 Seek Up
    00:26:08 Belly Belly Nice
    00:30:42 So Right
    00:38:02 Satellite
    00:43:02 Stefan Bass Intro to
    00:44:37 Crush
    01:00:18 If Only
    01:08:52 So Much to Say »
    01:13:20 Anyone Seen the Bridge »
    01:15:33 Too Much [fake]»
    01:15:50 Granny
    01:20:28 Drunken Soldier
    01:30:20 Shake Me Like a Monkey
    -----------------------------------
    01:36:14 Good Good Time
    01:38:56 You & Me
    01:43:50 Burning Down the House

Notes:
    ---

Sources:
    @Copperpot5 (Complete)
    D. Shearman (1080p Masters)
    SnappyJester
    Craig C
    @SpaceBetween41
    TrippinBrandis41

Audio is downloadable on Dreamingtree.org (Live/Legal Audio by EW)
    ===

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YF5HsgCVG8

Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #225
    wnsthalastime

My Tour Central Stats

THANKS CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEEMS I ALWAYS MISS THE SHOWS YOU POST BY A DAY OR TWO. Thanks for the awesome video man.
    Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #226
    Danwack
    Gator Nation

Shows Seen: 42

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome! Thanks Chester!
    Danwack is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #227
    wnsthalastime

My Tour Central Stats

So Right was SO GOOD
    Old 08-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #228
    brettlackey

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Hi all, I'm selling this year's gorgeous Tampa poster for $40. I bought it at the show last month but really don't have a need for it. I'm bringing this up now because I'm heading to Tampa/St. Pete for the weekend and can deliver it on Friday. Email me at brettlac@ufl.edu if you're interested. Here's a link to the poster image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oZ7PoEO2nM...ads-2014-1.jpg
    brettlackey is offline   Reply With Quote