*** Official Chula Vista 8/26/16 *** - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #121
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Chula Vista 8/26/16 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayougirl View Post
Looks like I'm going to make it after a couple year hiatus! Just need to find tickets.
Is there no opening band? Might not make it to the venue till 8:30...
No openers this tour, and they have been taking the stage in that 8:15-8:20 range. Show up at 8:30 and you may miss a song, or two.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #122
    bayougirl

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    No openers this tour, and they have been taking the stage in that 8:15-8:20 range. Show up at 8:30 and you may miss a song, or two.
    Thanks, Ben! Are you coming to the show? I met you in Chula in 2012 or 2013!

Strange that they don't have openers. Do they finish early or play a longer set?

Guess I better get a babysitter that can start earlier!
    Old 08-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #123
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Strange that they don't have openers. Do they finish early or play a longer set?

Nope, they just cut the opener
    Old 08-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #124
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Of course I remember meeting you, but I think it was like 2010 or 2011. I moved in 2012 to NYC so it was before then. Hope you are doing good and life has been treating you well. Looking forward to getting back out to the west coast shows after 4 years.

Set length is the same, just no openers. They will be done by 11:00-11:15.
    Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #125
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Pit pair up and gone on the WH boards in 1 min! Was underground in the subway and missed them. The search continues.
    Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #126
    Sabres914

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pit pair up and gone on the WH boards in 1 min! Was underground in the subway and missed them. The search continues.
    That was me with the 1 minute response time.

Still, someone beat me to it apparently. Seller just said a friend saw the post and had other tix he needed so they're trading.

http://whmsgboards.davematthewsband....rehouse/page-2

search continues
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #127
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Dude, that sucks! I thought for sure the first post was in and done. Somethings are just out of our control. Feel bad even mentioning this now, but I have been working and working to find tickets and finally this morning something came together. A guy I know from my years at SPAC hooked me up with someone in upstate NY that had tickets. This person made a random FB post and my buddy saw it, knew I was looking and hooked us up. Just off the pit, 103, row E, inside of the row/section, so great seats but will look for someone with pit looking to get seats and see what happens.
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #128
    MooreSaxPlease

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sabres914 View Post
    That was me with the 1 minute response time.

Still, someone beat me to it apparently. Seller just said a friend saw the post and had other tix he needed so they're trading.

http://whmsgboards.davematthewsband....rehouse/page-2

search continues

I highly doubt you were beat. The seller should have known better than to post those right off the bat, they should have checked their "inner circle" first. Kind of $hitty.. .. sorry about that!
    8.25.06- 8.28.06- 9.28.06- 8.20.08- 8.22.08- 5.8.09- 5.9.09- 9.9.09- 9.10.09- 9.12.09- 9.13.09, (D&T: 12.10.09, 12.11.09, 12.12.09), 8.20.10- 8.21.10- 8.23.10- 9.7.12- 9.8.12- 9.5.14- 9.12.15- 8.26.16- 8.27.16
    MooreSaxPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #129
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This person made a random FB post and my buddy saw it, knew I was looking and hooked us up. Just off the pit, 103, row E, inside of the row/section, so great seats but will look for someone with pit looking to get seats and see what happens.
    nice!
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #130
    crawfish

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Really looking forward to next Friday. I'm from the DC area and usually go to Jiffy Lube. Traffic nightmare. Never been to Sleep Train but it looks similar to the size of Jiffy Lube. Should I try and get a parking pass?? I'll be in section 203. Can't wait!!!
    crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #131
    comeandsee41

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    Really looking forward to next Friday. I'm from the DC area and usually go to Jiffy Lube. Traffic nightmare. Never been to Sleep Train but it looks similar to the size of Jiffy Lube. Should I try and get a parking pass?? I'll be in section 203. Can't wait!!!
    i just moved to SD from DC about two months ago. all i keep picturing in my head is the drive to nissan. i pray its nothing like it.
    Old 08-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #132
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by comeandsee41 View Post
    i just moved to SD from DC about two months ago. all i keep picturing in my head is the drive to nissan. i pray its nothing like it.
    From my past experience, last year I was at this venue was 2011, there is/was ample parking around the venue. I always try and park above the venue, from that lot you are behind the stage. It is a really easy in and out after the show. There is also parking to the west and south of the venue, as well as paved lot on the west side of the venue, right next to the venue. This used to be the WH preferred lot, not sure if that is still the case. Maybe someone with more current knowledge can offer incite.

The drive to the venue, while still on the surrounding freeways, can be tough. This is a Friday show, weekend before Labor Day, so the usual rush hour will be mixed with weekender traffic. Expect delays and prepare accordingly. The main exit of the 805 is Main St to the venue. (I think there are back roads that are now open that you can also take. You can do a Google map view to get a better idea.) Once off the 805, you will turn left onto Main St. and just drive until the street turns to the venue. The main road is like 3 or 4 lanes, some traffic lights, but moves well. If you go right off the freeway, there is, or was, a liquor store. So if you nee any last minute items for the tailgate you can stop off and grab stuff.

In past years, there as a poster here very familiar with the area that would offer up great incite to get around any traffic. I have not seen him around much this year, but if he is lurking, maybe he can offer up info.

Hope this helps offer a little information on what to expect and to prepare.
    Old 08-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #133
    TwoStep01

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

In my experience, once you get off the 805, Main St. moves pretty well heading out to the venue. Last time drove right in about an hour before the show with no issues and parked in the dirt lot just to the north of the venue.

However, if you aren't fortunate enough to park near an exit, you may sit there for an hour or so while everyone merges into a giant clusterfuck. Last time, I just cracked a beer left over from before the show and waited out the worst of the madness.

In short:

Drive in= not an issue
    Drive out= hope you're not in a hurry
    2001:Gorge x3; 2002:Gorge x3; 2003:Gorge x2; 2014:Chula Vista; 2015:Irvine; 2016:Chula Vista, Irvine; 2018:Atlanta, Mtn. View; 2021:Irvine x2; 2022: Chula Vista, Hollywood Bowl x2; 2023:Irvine x2;
    TwoStep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #134
    tazeeee

Shows Seen: 65

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

The back way is no mas. No bueno...last time I went I was like WTF? They somehow closed that exit off. Had to back track and go in regular way
    tazeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #135
    Timebomb07

Shows Seen: 48

My Tour Central Stats

Assuming lot opening times are standard? 3 hours before show time?

Any recommendations if I decide I'd like to get in the WH Pit line? I'm not going to be one to want to get there at noon, but may try for like 3:00p. I've never tried to get close in the PIT, always roll in 15 minutes before start, but I'll be going solo...so may be the time to do it.
    Timebomb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #136
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep01 View Post
    In my experience, once you get off the 805, Main St. moves pretty well heading out to the venue. Last time drove right in about an hour before the show with no issues and parked in the dirt lot just to the north of the venue.

However, if you aren't fortunate enough to park near an exit, you may sit there for an hour or so while everyone merges into a giant clusterfuck. Last time, I just cracked a beer left over from before the show and waited out the worst of the madness.

In short:

Drive in= not an issue
    Drive out= hope you're not in a hurry
    Yeah, solid points on all aspects. Parking above the venue also give you a view of buses as they roll out. But that in turn causes more delays with cars trying to exit from that upper lot. As you said, crack a beer and hang out for a few. Or if you know the closer is going to be Billies or Grey St, you can always head for the exits a little early.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tazeeee View Post
    The back way is no mas. No bueno...last time I went I was like WTF? They somehow closed that exit off. Had to back track and go in regular way
    From what I recall, the back way goes through a residential area. Guessing the residents were not happy having to deal with concert traffic all summer and shut that down.
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #137
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...

Shows Seen: 45

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Looks like I'm going to make it after a couple year hiatus! Just need to find tickets.
    Is there no opening band? Might not make it to the venue till 8:30...
    Quote:
    I was going to correct you about openers BUT then I realized it's just Gorge
    that has the openers this year.

Quote:
    The parking in the dirt lots around the venue are usually free. If you want to park in the lots right next to the gates it will cost you $20

Quote:
    Yeah, solid points on all aspects. Parking above the venue also give you a view of buses as they roll out. But that in turn causes more delays with cars trying to exit from that upper lot. As you said, crack a beer and hang out for a few. Or if you know the closer is going to be Billies or Grey St, you can always head for the exits a little early.

From what I recall, the back way goes through a residential area. Guessing the residents were not happy having to deal with concert traffic all summer and shut that down.
    I usually take the back way and have a friend that just went to a show a couple weeks ago. They were still able to take the back road in and out. I'm hoping to do the same.

Can't wait!!

iLikedmb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #138
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    From my past experience, last year I was at this venue was 2011, there is/was ample parking around the venue. I always try and park above the venue, from that lot you are behind the stage. It is a really easy in and out after the show. There is also parking to the west and south of the venue, as well as paved lot on the west side of the venue, right next to the venue. This used to be the WH preferred lot, not sure if that is still the case. Maybe someone with more current knowledge can offer incite.

The drive to the venue, while still on the surrounding freeways, can be tough. This is a Friday show, weekend before Labor Day, so the usual rush hour will be mixed with weekender traffic. Expect delays and prepare accordingly. The main exit of the 805 is Main St to the venue. (I think there are back roads that are now open that you can also take. You can do a Google map view to get a better idea.) Once off the 805, you will turn left onto Main St. and just drive until the street turns to the venue. The main road is like 3 or 4 lanes, some traffic lights, but moves well. If you go right off the freeway, there is, or was, a liquor store. So if you nee any last minute items for the tailgate you can stop off and grab stuff.

In past years, there as a poster here very familiar with the area that would offer up great incite to get around any traffic. I have not seen him around much this year, but if he is lurking, maybe he can offer up info.

Hope this helps offer a little information on what to expect and to prepare.
    It's 420th_jimi who started this thread that usually has all the info. He hasn't been as active in here this year.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #139
    tazeeee

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLikedmb12 View Post
    I was going to correct you about openers BUT then I realized it's just Gorge
    that has the openers this year.

The parking in the dirt lots around the venue are usually free. If you want to park in the lots right next to the gates it will cost you $20

I usually take the back way and have a friend that just went to a show a couple weeks ago. They were still able to take the back road in and out. I'm hoping to do the same.
    I used to go off the rd? is it the 905? and turn onto heritage...you can't get there anymore from there...feel free to pm how I get to heritage now if someone wants to google..it used to be heritage to datsun rd..that is how you got in the back..now you cannot turn on to heritage. You can go in the back but not that way anynore.

Can't wait!!
    I used to go off the rd? is it the 905? and turn onto heritage...you can't get there anymore from there...feel free to pm how I get to heritage now

Last edited by tazeeee; 08-17-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #140
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I used to go off the rd? is it the 905? and turn onto heritage...you can't get there anymore from there...feel free to pm how I get to heritage now
    PM sent

Old 08-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #141
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Can't wait!!
    Quote:
    It's 420th_jimi who started this thread that usually has all the info. He hasn't been as active in here this year.
    Hoping that the back way is still around as from what Adam (420th_jimi) said in the past, it drops you right by the north lot. Super easy to get in and out after shows.
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #142
    tazeeee

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hoping that the back way is still around as from what Adam (420th_jimi) said in the past, it drops you right by the north lot. Super easy to get in and out after shows.
    Nope you can't get there off the 905 anymore..have to get to olympic rd.

Last edited by tazeeee; 08-17-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Old 08-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #143
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone out that way want to go on a recon mission? Enquiring minds want to know.
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #144
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nope you can't get there off the 905 anymore..have to get to olympic rd.
    Wow, not sure how much time that would save having to trek to to 125 and down to Otay Mesa Rd. Looks quick to get off at Palm and head over to Otay Mesa Rd that way, via Ocean Hills Pkwy.
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #145
    iLikedmb12
    We'll be burning one...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wow, not sure how much time that would save having to trek to to 125 and down to Otay Mesa Rd. Looks quick to get off at Palm and head over to Otay Mesa Rd that way, via Ocean Hills Pkwy.
    This seems like it would be easiest for people coming in off the 805.

I guess because I'm coming from the east county the toll rd (125) is easiest for me as it ends at Otay Mesa Rd

Old 08-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #146
    tazeeee

My Tour Central Stats

I don't have map in front of me...I used to go down 5 to 905 and in the back way. I am not coming from home this time. I am not driving either. So haven't really looked into it. Where is the 125?
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #147
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This seems like it would be easiest for people coming in off the 805.

I guess because I'm coming from the east county the toll rd (125) is easiest for me as it ends at Otay Mesa Rd
    Solid point Becky. I am coming from South OC, so unless I want to trek across east through Miramar to get over to 125, sticking to the 5/805 route may be best. With that said, I hate sitting in traffic, so always open to options.
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #148
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't have map in front of me...I used to go down 5 to 905 and in the back way. I am not coming from home this time. I am not driving either. So haven't really looked into it. Where is the 125?
    Santee, La Mesa, El Cajon, Grossmont College area is the northern part where it starts.
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #149
    tazeeee

My Tour Central Stats

Going in the back it not all that anymore...too many people know about it. Getting out of the lots is still a cluster. Might be better for getting in. But last time I had to back track..no problem getting in reg way.
    Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #150
    tazeeee

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Santee, La Mesa, El Cajon, Grossmont College area is the northern part where it starts.
    hmmm ok thanks..don't think that helps me. Move in day at SDSU .... son not me ...so coming from there.