How often do you have nightmares and what's your worst one? - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
thechad90000
You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

How often do you have nightmares and what's your worst one?

SSIA...

I don't normally have nightmares that often but when I do I'm always really fucked up by them for the rest of the day. I'd say I get them once or twice a year if that many but I can't stop thinking about them. Last night was one of the one's that I had.

I decided at some point in the my dream that I needed to eat my dog, so I started eating him alive and then felt bad so I stopped but I had permanently fucked him up but he was still all happy and shit to see me.

Now I'm latching on to my dog for dear life as he awkwardly wonders why the fuck I woke him up.

So tell me, how often do you have nightmares and, if you can't remember the worst one, tell me the most recent one you have in memory.
"Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: How often do you have nightmares and what's your worst one?

I haven't had one in a while... But one I always remember from when I was younger...

I was in the bedroom I grew up in in my parents house, it was always the same fucking dream. I was on the floor next to my bed, on the side that's not visible from the hallway if you walk past.

So I'm down there, and there is some sort of malevolent force, being, whatever you want to call it in my room scaring the shit out of me, keeping me down on the floor. I mean, I was scared shitless in every single one of these dreams.

So I'd be screaming my fucking head off, and from my location to where my mom was in every dream is probably no more than ten feet... And she'd never hear me. Ever.

I was never hurt by whatever it was, just terrified, and never rescued, which is worse.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Mine took place at Winkies on Sunset Blvd.
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
    treytreyw222
    Come As Your Kids

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Ive havent had a nightmare in like 10 years but the one I remember from my childhood was that there was a dude under my bed with knifes cutting up through the mattress
    will fucking smoke you
    treytreyw222 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I always have this dream where I see myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

is this military related chad?

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    is this military related chad?
    I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it might be military related.

At least I don't think it is. But then again I'm no dream expert.
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    I always have this dream where I see myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.
    Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thechad90000 View Post
    I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it might be military related.

At least I don't think it is. But then again I'm no dream expert.
    obviously the dog isn't military related. but i don't think it's uncommon for that sort of thing to happen. i guess i don't know where you served while active.

nevermind.

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
    jubes02

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I have a reoccurring nightmare about once or twice a year about a snake chasing and biting me. It is terrible and usually fucks with my head for the rest of the day once I wake up.

I haven't had it in awhile, but the last time I had one this huge snake was chasing me around and latched onto my arm and wrapped itself around my arm boa constrictor style and I proceeded to take a double barrel shotgun and blow my entire arm off...

terribly realistic. I fucking hate snakes
    Old 12-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jubes02 View Post
    I have a reoccurring nightmare about once or twice a year about a snake chasing and biting me. It is terrible and usually fucks with my head for the rest of the day once I wake up.

I haven't had it in awhile, but the last time I had one this huge snake was chasing me around and latched onto my arm and wrapped itself around my arm boa constrictor style and I proceeded to take a double barrel shotgun and blow my entire arm off...

terribly realistic. I fucking hate snakes
    You know, I was prepared to make a Jeep Kid joke in here but this post was just perfect.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
    jubes02

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

haha, i suppose that is a tad jeep kiddish of a dream

the other 10 times i've had the nightmare i never shot at it or done anything to kill it, it would just keep chasing and biting me until i woke up

maybe i killed the dream version of that snake and it will never come back!
    Old 12-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #13
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

My #2 daughter had a nightmare last night that there was a Yeti in our backyard. I think that's pretty badass but she was scared
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
    patthebear
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I had this one nightmarish dream when I was younger that I'll never forget.

I was at a launch site for a rocket ship going to space and some unknown girl and I were supposed to get on the ship before it blasted off. But we were really late. There was an audible countdown that started going off, so we were frantic and proceeded to run. We started ascending this metallic staircase up to the ship and when we got halfway up, a janitor jumped in front of our way to try and stop us. I pushed him out of the way and he fell down the stairs out of my sight. We continued our run up the stairs. We finally get to the top and the girl hops in the rocket ship and I'm just about to enter when all of the sudden, the janitor appears in front of me with shotgun pointed at my head. He's all fucked up, bleeding, busted legs, and laying on his side, as if he dragged his ass all the way to the top of the stairs to stop me. He scared the living shit out of me. He stares me down and then says something like "not today". The countdown reaches zero and then I wake up on the verge of shitting my pants.
    patthebear is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

My Tour Central Stats

I posted a freaky nightmare I had....it was posted in that halloween story thread. Anyone remember the title of that thread?
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
    I posted a freaky nightmare I had....it was posted in that halloween story thread. Anyone remember the title of that thread?
    http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/sh...d.php?t=281589
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I love nightmares. Such an awesome feeling to awake from one, safe and sound in your bed.

"Good" dreams on the other hand, can go suck a fuck. Such a shitty feeling to awake from one to find out it's not true/real. The worst of this sort will absolutely ruin my day.
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post

Nice thanks
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #19
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

My Tour Central Stats

Here's my story from the Halloween thread:

Back when I was like...maybe 10 or 11 years old, I had a pretty scary experience. It was probably just a strange coincidence, but it definitely freaked me out at the time. This was at my old house where I lived from just a few months old to when I was I think 18 years old. It was just your standard 4 bedroom, 2 story neighborhood house. I think it was built in the 1960s, so it was relatively new. Outside, in the middle of the pretty good size front yard was a small Hawthorn tree.

The story starts one day when I noticed my newly acquired, but old fifty cent piece went missing. Honestly it doesn't have much to do with the story until later when you'll understand why I'm talking about it. Anyway, I spent like an hour that day looking for this fifty cent piece. To a kid, something like that is worth more than it really is. It was just cool to me because it was bigger than a normal coin I guess haha. But I didn't end up finding it that day, so I gave up on it. Again - not a big deal or big part of the story.

That very night though, I had the most terrifying dream I have ever had. To this day, I still don't like thinking about how fucked up it was. I'll never be able to explain it in writing, but I'll try. The dream took place at night in my front yard under the Hawthorn tree. It would have been pitch black if it wasn't for the dim porch light on the house about 15 yards away. I was being chased around the tree by this...figure. It was almost like a black outline of a human, but it wasn't human at all. It was just this dark figure with the scariest dark red eyes. The eyes were the only characteristic on the thing. Everything else on it was just - dark...empty.

I was running for my life from it, but for some reason I couldn't break away from the tree. I think it was because I felt like it was the only thing protecting me from it. I would run one way and it would follow around the tree. When I stopped, it stopped. Almost like it was chasing me, but wasn't even trying to catch me. And every time I stopped to turn and run in the other direction, I'd look at it - like I was trying to read its next move. And every time, it just looked back at me, smiling with just it's eyes. Like it was just fucking with me the whole time.

We ran around the tree a number of times before I knew I had to make a break from my house. I remember getting tired and out of breath, so I knew I couldn't keep it up for much longer. I took a deep breath, broke away from the tree, and just sprinted for the house. I didn't look back, but the figure was right behind me. I could feel it. Then right as I made it onto the porch, it let out this terrible, high pitched scream. Then I woke up. That dream was the most vivid, scary, fucked up dream I've ever had and ever will have. It probably took hours to fall back asleep.

The unexplainable part was the next day though. I had a paper route at the time, so I use to fold the papers in my garage, then head out into the neighborhood to deliver them. As I started out to deliver the papers, I noticed something shiny under the Hawthorn tree. I walked closer to see what it was. I got close enough to see that it was the fifty cent piece I had lost the day before, but I didn't get any closer than I had to because I noticed something else. All around the tree, in this sort of circle, was torn up grass and large dirt clumps. Like the grass had been trampled on so much that it was just worn down and dead.

tl;dnr: you're lazy
    Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
    jrod41
    Rowsdower saves us

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 View Post
    Here's my story from the Halloween thread:

Back when I was like...maybe 10 or 11 years old, I had a pretty scary experience. It was probably just a strange coincidence, but it definitely freaked me out at the time. This was at my old house where I lived from just a few months old to when I was I think 18 years old. It was just your standard 4 bedroom, 2 story neighborhood house. I think it was built in the 1960s, so it was relatively new. Outside, in the middle of the pretty good size front yard was a small Hawthorn tree.

The story starts one day when I noticed my newly acquired, but old fifty cent piece went missing. Honestly it doesn't have much to do with the story until later when you'll understand why I'm talking about it. Anyway, I spent like an hour that day looking for this fifty cent piece. To a kid, something like that is worth more than it really is. It was just cool to me because it was bigger than a normal coin I guess haha. But I didn't end up finding it that day, so I gave up on it. Again - not a big deal or big part of the story.

That very night though, I had the most terrifying dream I have ever had. To this day, I still don't like thinking about how fucked up it was. I'll never be able to explain it in writing, but I'll try. The dream took place at night in my front yard under the Hawthorn tree. It would have been pitch black if it wasn't for the dim porch light on the house about 15 yards away. I was being chased around the tree by this...figure. It was almost like a black outline of a human, but it wasn't human at all. It was just this dark figure with the scariest dark red eyes. The eyes were the only characteristic on the thing. Everything else on it was just - dark...empty.

I was running for my life from it, but for some reason I couldn't break away from the tree. I think it was because I felt like it was the only thing protecting me from it. I would run one way and it would follow around the tree. When I stopped, it stopped. Almost like it was chasing me, but wasn't even trying to catch me. And every time I stopped to turn and run in the other direction, I'd look at it - like I was trying to read its next move. And every time, it just looked back at me, smiling with just it's eyes. Like it was just fucking with me the whole time.

We ran around the tree a number of times before I knew I had to make a break from my house. I remember getting tired and out of breath, so I knew I couldn't keep it up for much longer. I took a deep breath, broke away from the tree, and just sprinted for the house. I didn't look back, but the figure was right behind me. I could feel it. Then right as I made it onto the porch, it let out this terrible, high pitched scream. Then I woke up. That dream was the most vivid, scary, fucked up dream I've ever had and ever will have. It probably took hours to fall back asleep.

The unexplainable part was the next day though. I had a paper route at the time, so I use to fold the papers in my garage, then head out into the neighborhood to deliver them. As I started out to deliver the papers, I noticed something shiny under the Hawthorn tree. I walked closer to see what it was. I got close enough to see that it was the fifty cent piece I had lost the day before, but I didn't get any closer than I had to because I noticed something else. All around the tree, in this sort of circle, was torn up grass and large dirt clumps. Like the grass had been trampled on so much that it was just worn down and dead.

tl;dnr: you're lazy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y
    jrod41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
    iamjtr
    King Me

Shows Seen: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Not gonna quote it, but that must have been pretty fucked up Ryan.

I rarely dream anymore, and luckily when I do it is a nice nostalgic dream. If I jinxed it though and wake up pissing my pants or some shit like that, I'll be sure to let everyone here know.
    iamjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #22
    mbuttercup7

Shows Seen: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Probably once a week.

Last one I had I was in this huge field surrounded by a concrete wall and barbed wire and north korean soldiers were coming in and killing everyone inside the wall. We had no way to get out. Fucked up shit.
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
    snow1868
    Party in the back!

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

The only real nightmares I have are that I'm still working at Chili's and I'm completely overwhelmed. Or that I'm back in college, missed a ton of classes and not sure if I missed a test or not.

Remember the Ten 1/27/01 4 Ever 11/17/11
    snow1868 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #24
    Beefsteak1138

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snow1868 View Post
    The only real nightmares I have are that I'm still working at Chili's and I'm completely overwhelmed. Or that I'm back in college, missed a ton of classes and not sure if I missed a test or not.
    I have this one a lot.
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #25
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

I rarely have nightmares but a few nights ago I had the worst one that I can remember.

I won't get into details except that I was being raped by a guy that had HIV. Just terrible, I still feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #26
    mbuttercup7

My Tour Central Stats

I used to have a recurring dream when I was younger that I was driving my moms car and there were no brakes.
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #27
    decemberlov

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    I rarely have nightmares but a few nights ago I had the worst one that I can remember.

I won't get into details except that I was being raped by a guy that had HIV. Just terrible, I still feel sick to my stomach just thinking about it.
    wow that's awful...that would fuck up my whole week..at least
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #28
    TripPin BilLie
    What It Is.

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

for years when i was younger i would have reoccurring nightmares about my house catching fire and having to get out and also make sure my family is out of the house as well, and about people breaking into my house and stealing/and or hurting us. i only get these once in a while anymore, but im pretty sure i was too little to handle horror movies.
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #29
    mbuttercup7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripPin BilLie View Post
    for years when i was younger i would have reoccurring nightmares about my house catching fire and having to get out and also make sure my family is out of the house as well, and about people breaking into my house and stealing/and or hurting us. i only get these once in a while anymore, but im pretty sure i was too little to handle horror movies.
    They let my 9 year old son watch The Walking Dead at a slumber party a couple weeks ago. He's been having zombie nightmares since.
    Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #30
    decemberlov

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbuttercup7 View Post
    They let my 9 year old son watch The Walking Dead at a slumber party a couple weeks ago. He's been having zombie nightmares since.
    He'll be okay..I watched IT when I was about that age. I wouldn't go to the bathroom by myself for a few days because of the bloody bathroom scene but now I love horror movies. My dad also took me to see poltergeist in the movies when i was pretty little too.