*** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread *** - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #301
bamarags

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Atlantic City 2011 Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
indeed it is...we had a good time Oh and bought some good budd off out cab driver. I think all the cab drivers must sell drugs down in AC
but if you live in NJ why didn't you bring yer own? Just curious...

I love in-shower activities..mhmm!

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #302
    decemberlov

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bamarags View Post
    but if you live in NJ why didn't you bring yer own? Just curious...

I love in-shower activities..mhmm!
    cause I could only find dirt at the time
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #303
    bamarags

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    cause I could only find dirt at the time
    alright, good call!
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #304
    ArmyDaveFan

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbfan1027 View Post
    I'll be flying out there from Chicago. I'm not really seeing any flights to AC with reasonable times/prices so I'm thinking of flying into Philadelphia or Newark. Would it be easy to take public transportation from either Philadelphia or Newark to AC, or would renting a car be my best option?
    Public trans from Phila Int. Airport is a snap. Septa to 30th st station, NJ Transit to AC, free bus from train station to all hotels. Will cost you around $20 each way. No need to rent a car...
    ArmyDaveFan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #305
    decemberlov

My Tour Central Stats

so yeah kids, don't forget to make full use of your cab drivers
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #306
    dilltp04

My Tour Central Stats

i just want to say pretty much to everyone in general that the more i read about this festival the more i realize that most, not all, but a lot of the people going to this thing dont even give a hoot about any of the other bands except for DMB. i realize that this is DMBs 20th anniversary and that this is kind of a celebration of that, but this isnt all about them, they obviously want to throw a slammin party with a lot of good music and they expect people to be accepting of the other acts and to want to be there to see not only DMB but also the incredible collection of musicians that they have pulled together for this. i keep reading about how so and so "wont pay 195 just to see DMB for three nights" or "only wants to see DMB and OAR"

for the record, oar sucks and i think people only listen to them because they are kind of like DMB because they have a saxophone. i went to see OAR at SPAC once and i had a shitload of fun and they played "fool in the rain" and it started raining and me and my friends danced in the rain to that song and it was amazing. so not to say i didnt have a blast, but OAR isnt that good, really. anyways....

why wouldnt you want to see any of the other bands? are you not MUSIC fans? are you not curious to broaden your musical horizens? if you think for a second that this isnt worth 195 dollars with THE FLAMING LIPS on the bill, you are crazy. THE FLAMING LIPS! they arent anything like DMB whatsoever, but they are still amazing and if you dont know about them and their history and the clout that they have you should look into it.

seriously, lotus is amazing, DAMIAN MARLEY FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! bassnectar, the warren haynes band? like you gotto be kidding me

the flaming lips are going to be there, and you dont want to go because you are only interested in seeing DMB and OAR?

you should want to go because there is going to be 4 stages and 3 days of music, thats the point of this whole thing, its a festival, not a DMB concert. you should want to see every single one of these bands, and if you cant go see one because you have to watch another thats a pretty awesome dilemma and you should be stoked
    dilltp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #307
    ArmyDaveFan

My Tour Central Stats

Got a 2-queen room at Bally's Wednesday through Monday. Anybody wanna stay with me for the incredibly low price of a 3-day GA pass?
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #308
    ArmyDaveFan

My Tour Central Stats

This guy will cream in his pants and fall over and die at the end of the song if Jerry D guests on #41!

Last edited by ArmyDaveFan; 03-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #309
    decemberlov

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDaveFan View Post
    Got a 2-queen room at Bally's Wednesday through Monday. Anybody wanna stay with me for the incredibly low price of a 3-day GA pass?
    Can I come hang out in your shower?
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #310
    ArmyDaveFan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Can I come hang out in your shower?
    Plz pm pics

(Assuming you're a girl...)

Old 03-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #311
    CaffeineQueen
    9/4/16 - Never Forget

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dilltp04 View Post
    i just want to say pretty much to everyone in general that the more i read about this festival the more i realize that most, not all, but a lot of the people going to this thing dont even give a hoot about any of the other bands except for DMB. i realize that this is DMBs 20th anniversary and that this is kind of a celebration of that, but this isnt all about them, they obviously want to throw a slammin party with a lot of good music and they expect people to be accepting of the other acts and to want to be there to see not only DMB but also the incredible collection of musicians that they have pulled together for this. i keep reading about how so and so "wont pay 195 just to see DMB for three nights" or "only wants to see DMB and OAR"

for the record, oar sucks and i think people only listen to them because they are kind of like DMB because they have a saxophone. i went to see OAR at SPAC once and i had a shitload of fun and they played "fool in the rain" and it started raining and me and my friends danced in the rain to that song and it was amazing. so not to say i didnt have a blast, but OAR isnt that good, really. anyways....

why wouldnt you want to see any of the other bands? are you not MUSIC fans? are you not curious to broaden your musical horizens? if you think for a second that this isnt worth 195 dollars with THE FLAMING LIPS on the bill, you are crazy. THE FLAMING LIPS! they arent anything like DMB whatsoever, but they are still amazing and if you dont know about them and their history and the clout that they have you should look into it.

seriously, lotus is amazing, DAMIAN MARLEY FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! bassnectar, the warren haynes band? like you gotto be kidding me

the flaming lips are going to be there, and you dont want to go because you are only interested in seeing DMB and OAR?

you should want to go because there is going to be 4 stages and 3 days of music, thats the point of this whole thing, its a festival, not a DMB concert. you should want to see every single one of these bands, and if you cant go see one because you have to watch another thats a pretty awesome dilemma and you should be stoked

this was a concern of mine. I will seriously need to work out complete itinerary.
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #312
    decemberlov

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmyDaveFan View Post
    Plz pm pics

(Assuming you're a girl...)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91...erlov/me-3.jpg
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #313
    bamarags

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I always wondered what you looked like since you have such an interesting avatar. You're pretty.
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #314
    decemberlov

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bamarags View Post
    I always wondered what you looked like since you have such an interesting avatar. You're pretty.
    awwww thank you
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #315
    bamarags

My Tour Central Stats

You're welcome
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #316
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaffeineQueen View Post

this was a concern of mine. I will seriously need to work out complete itinerary.

I always get very antsy about these things
    hoggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #317
    crawfish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

It's just a taste issue. I really don't care for any of those other artists. Yeah I could go and probably enjoy it, but to be honest, driving 3 hours to then sit in traffic, probably get shitty seats, then have to put up with a bunch of drunks that have been getting fucked up all day, then getting outta there to then have to pay for a hotel....it just seems like a big ass mess and to me it's just not worth it.
    crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #318
    41Saratoga

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoggdogg View Post
    You're staying at the Borgata??? Daaaaamn! High roller!! I'm not sure my wallet can handle their rates.
    41Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #319
    CaffeineQueen
    9/4/16 - Never Forget

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoggdogg View Post
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #320
    crawfish

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

sorry but they're god awful
    crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #321
    decemberlov

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    sorry but they're god awful
    I love them but was terribly disappointed when I saw them live.
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #322
    hoggdogg
    Resident Panda Expert

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 41Saratoga View Post
    You're staying at the Borgata??? Daaaaamn! High roller!! I'm not sure my wallet can handle their rates.
    Nah, we've got 4 people in our room and we're only staying 2 nights.
    And we booked months ago when it was waaaaay cheaper then it is now.
    hoggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #323
    trippingant41

My Tour Central Stats

Hello everyone. Is it June yet???
    trippingant41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #324
    CaffeineQueen
    9/4/16 - Never Forget

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippingant41 View Post
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #325
    ArmyDaveFan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Stop on by...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #326
    Ryne11

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groton View Post
    the Travel package math don't add up.. I last night price checked what the Borgata would cost for three days it was 200 dollars cheaper then the travel package. Is a shuttle and gift worth that much more?? now saying that If I had the dough I'd go with the VP Travel package

yeah agreed. I did the same for a bunch of hotels and prices seemed a couple hundred dollars cheaper. Anyone hear about this souvenir? And is the sheraton hotel worth booking? it's one of the premier packages.
    Ryne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #327
    41Saratoga

Shows Seen: 83

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trippingant41 View Post
    Seriously! And welcome to ants!
    41Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote