What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1994 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #59791
DaveHead36
YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Good god, this page looks like my calendar of gigs for the next couple months Came to mention Cody Jinks and American Aquarium.

Edit: previous page obviously

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #59792
    tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    I hope to have that happen sometime, what year was this?

5/20/15

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...128&where=2015

Good first set and the minaret, seek up, crush, LBV and grey street in the second set. My friend really liked two step, ants, typical, seek up, crush, everyday and grey street the best that show. But really pretty much the whole thing.
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #59793
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Went out to eat tonight and was running on a tight schedule. Where we had to make a play by 630. Leave the apartment at 445. Wife calls one restaurant when we are in the car and they tell us it is a 40 minute wait. Can't do that. Call another place and ask if they have a wait. Nope no wait. Pull up at 450 and what does it say on the door? They don't fucking open until 5. Luckily we only had to wait 5 minutes in the cold but still irritating to not tell us they weren't open
    cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #59794
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    KVUE (local rag) just picked up the story.

Someone is barricaded in with a weapon.
    Damn Matthews are things ok now? Stay safe dude
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #59795
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Yea, KVUE just updated. Dude surrendered.
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #59796
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Irritated by so many people my age that I know or am acquainted with dying of drug overdoses or suicide. I'm starting to understand why elderly people are so friendly. If you live to be old, you've outlived most people you'll ever know except for your descendants/children/heirs.

I've lost three high school classmates in the past year, one to suicide, one to a heroin overdose, another to drug interaction. Since I graduated 9 people that we know about are dead from my HS graduating class alone. Only two died of natural causes, or a car accident, respectively. This isn't counting people in my high school in other graduating classes. There were only 57 people in my graduating class.

It hits home for me because I've both contemplated suicide and mixed pills/alcohol in large quantities until I was numb/passed out, puking, loss of bodily function, you name it. I should be dead right now. And I just got off the phone with my father, with whom I'm estranged, more or less, who informed me of the latest death. So hard not to smoke a joint or stare down the barrel of a 357 right now. If I had that or pills, I don't know what would happen.

Really wish I had some weed right now, but thankful I have the willpower to resist. It's like a double fuck you when my dad calls for the first time in over two years to inform me one of my friends (he is friends with his father) took their his life, and then he dredges up the past and calls you a piece of shit.

Lord have mercy on me. Not feeling well at all right now.
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #59797
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

So my weekly math homework we have to get 14 topics done. Each topic you have to get 5 answers correct. If you get 3 answers in a row correct it let's you move on to the next topic. But let's say you get the first 2 right but miss the 3rd one.. well then it goes back and instead of 2 right now you only have 1 right. It's kinda like a game. It rewards you for getting it right and punishes you for getting it wrong.

Anyway it probably usually takes me 15 min or so to complete a lesson. Sometimes even less depending on how hard it is. But 13 lessons went relatively quick and I get to the 14th lessons and It was so fucking frustrating and it took me 2 hours and 45 mins. Holy fuck my brain hurts. One time I got to the final question and I missed it and it took me back a problem and I missed that one as well. I cussed at the stupid program haha

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-29-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    tyler3440 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:22 PM   #59798
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea, KVUE just updated. Dude surrendered.
    Well that's good. Must have been pretty crazy tho. Damn

Damn Matthew I accidentally called you Matthews because of auto correct I guess.
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #59799
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Irritated by so many people my age that I know or am acquainted with dying of drug overdoses or suicide. I'm starting to understand why elderly people are so friendly. If you live to be old, you've outlived most people you'll ever know except for your descendants/children/heirs.

I've lost three high school classmates in the past year, one to suicide, one to a heroin overdose, another to drug interaction. Since I graduated 9 people that we know about are dead from my HS graduating class alone. Only two died of natural causes, or a car accident, respectively. This isn't counting people in my high school in other graduating classes. There were only 57 people in my graduating class.

It hits home for me because I've both contemplated suicide and mixed pills/alcohol in large quantities until I was numb/passed out, puking, loss of bodily function, you name it. I should be dead right now. And I just got off the phone with my father, with whom I'm estranged, more or less, who informed me of the latest death. So hard not to smoke a joint or stare down the barrel of a 357 right now. If I had that or pills, I don't know what would happen.

Really wish I had some weed right now, but thankful I have the willpower to resist. It's like a double fuck you when my dad calls for the first time in over two years to inform me one of my friends (he is friends with his father) took their his life, and then he dredges up the past and calls you a piece of shit.

Lord have mercy on me. Not feeling well at all right now.
    Senior year 2 people from my HS died. One was one of my friends girlfriend. She just died in her sleep one day it was pretty shocking. I forgot what caused her death but it was from natural causes.

Since graduating in 2015 3 people have already died. One kid got shot in a drag racing dispute and another kid died in car wreck. And apparently some other kid died that I didn't really know.
    Old 01-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #59800
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Now early on in elementary a kid died from internal bleeding from getting hit in the head with a soccer ball. His friends came over to his house the next day and hes dad went to up to the kids room to tell him his friends we here only to discover the kid was dead. The dad just thought the kid was sleeping late. That's some sad shit. (That kid wasn't in my elementary shchool but he played baseball in my league so that's how I knew him)
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #59801
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

When I was in middle school a HS kid commited suicide and his sister was in one of my classes and she was the one who discovered his body. His mom was also a teacher at the middle school. Tragic stuff. Holy shit I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been.
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #59802
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    Senior year 2 people from my HS died. One was one of my friends girlfriend. She just died in her sleep one day it was pretty shocking. I forgot what caused her death but it was from natural causes.

Since graduating in 2015 3 people have already died. One kid got shot in a drag racing dispute and another kid died in car wreck. And apparently some other kid died that I didn't really know.
    What the fuck???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:13 PM   #59803
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastPig View Post
    What the fuck???
    I guess the kid was street racing or whatever you call it. He was talking trash and someone pulled a gun and shot him. He died in the hospital
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #59804
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I guess the kid was street racing or whatever you call it. He was talking trash and someone pulled a gun and shot him. He died in the hospital
    Some weird shit goes on in Mississippi.

Quote:
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #59805
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Seriously. The kid died pretty tragicly and were making fun of Mississippi here. People get shot over ridiculous stuff all the time. that's not just a Mississippi thing

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-29-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #59806
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Seriously. The kid died pretty tragicly and were making fun of Mississippi here. People get shot over ridiculous stuff all the time. that's not just a Mississippi thing
    Sorry I've never heard of a fight over a street drag race. Sounds like they're trying to live the fast & furious lifestyle.

Quote:
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #59807
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

My Tour Central Stats

How many people were in your graduating class?

Quote:

We didn't lose anyone in high school to death, but one of my classmates was sentenced as an adult for felony murder; he didn't actually kill anyone, but was part of a bank robbery where the other guy killed a security guard, which made him guilty of first degree murder by law. He's still in prison and not really sure when/if he gets out.

Quote:
    Now early on in elementary a kid died from internal bleeding from getting hit in the head with a soccer ball. His friends came over to his house the next day and hes dad went to up to the kids room to tell him his friends we here only to discover the kid was dead. The dad just thought the kid was sleeping late. That's some sad shit. (That kid wasn't in my elementary shchool but he played baseball in my league so that's how I knew him)
    That's messed up...a soccer ball, wtf? I've been beaten with baseball bats...guess I really do have a thick skull. When I say beaten, I mean hit a few times, had swelling on the brain and they had to drill a hole in my skull to alleviate the swelling. Totally not racist.

Quote:
    When I was in middle school a HS kid commited suicide and his sister was in one of my classes and she was the one who discovered his body. His mom was also a teacher at the middle school. Tragic stuff. Holy shit I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been.
    Life can be fucked up sometimes.

Quote:
    In the words of Dom Turetto, he lived his life a quarter mile at a time.

Quote:
    The further south you go, the more wicked it gets...until you reach Florida, the apex of fuckedupedness. More strange shit goes on there than any other place in the country.
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #59808
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Don't worry about it. Everything he posts is a trolling post. Just ignore him.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:41 PM   #59809
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    How many people were in your graduating class?

We didn't lose anyone in high school to death, but one of my classmates was sentenced as an adult for felony murder; he didn't actually kill anyone, but was part of a bank robbery where the other guy killed a security guard, which made him guilty of first degree murder by law. He's still in prison and not really sure when/if he gets out.

That's messed up...a soccer ball, wtf? I've been beaten with baseball bats...guess I really do have a thick skull. When I say beaten, I mean hit a few times, had swelling on the brain and they had to drill a hole in my skull to alleviate the swelling. Totally not racist.

Life can be fucked up sometimes.

In the words of Dom Turetto, he lived his life a quarter mile at a time.

The further south you go, the more wicked it gets...until you reach Florida, the apex of fuckedupedness. More strange shit goes on there than any other place in the country.
    We probably had over 300 or 400 in our class. She was a junior tho.

Yeah the soccer ball killing someone Is hard to shocking. I think he may have had something go undetected. I don't remember the full story it was so long ago.

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-29-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #59810
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sorry I've never heard of a fight over a street drag race. Sounds like they're trying to live the fast & furious lifestyle.
    It's cool. Yeah I'm not a part of that crowd. It's definitely not very responsible and very dangerous but regardless it's still sad.
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:45 PM   #59811
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    Don't worry about it. Everything he posts is a trolling post. Just ignore him.
    You're such a cool guy.

Quote:
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:47 PM   #59812
    TheLastPig

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It's cool. Yeah I'm not a part of that crowd. It's definitely not very responsible and very dangerous but regardless it's still sad.
    Only person I know of from my graduating class of 480 some that passed was back in my freshman year of college. Kid had some heart conditions that I guess only his family knew about. Ended up having a heart attack in his dorm room shower and passed. I still come across his Facebook randomly and it's sad. He had a gf at the time and I remember seeing her posts and his sisters posts. Pretty hard stuff to read. He was a nice kid, I didn't hang out with him but we had some classes together and we were friendly.

Quote:
    Old 01-29-2017, 10:52 PM   #59813
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I've had at least one HS classmate I knew die since graduation, maybe more but I've lost touch with most of my HS class so who knows
    Old 01-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #59814
    tyler3440

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Only person I know of from my graduating class of 480 some that passed was back in my freshman year of college. Kid had some heart conditions that I guess only his family knew about. Ended up having a heart attack in his dorm room shower and passed. I still come across his Facebook randomly and it's sad. He had a gf at the time and I remember seeing her posts and his sisters posts. Pretty hard stuff to read. He was a nice kid.
    Yeah that's terrible. Extremely sad.

The other HS kid who died was mentally challenged. And he just loved to cuss. He would call people a bitch all the time. Or dumbass or something. Nobody ever took that to offense because he was just trying to fit in. And he was a big Florida gators fan and god forbid you said the gators sucked. He would slap you in the head haha. he was a lively kid and had so much energy.and people always included him. He was alway bragging about the girls he would get. Lol. He was physically challenged as well and I think he died of something to do with his hart.

Last edited by tyler3440; 01-29-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Old 01-30-2017, 06:03 AM   #59815
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I got my first one in like 3rd grade in like 2005

i feel old

I woke up to my dog puking at 2am this morning. vomit everywhere. he likes to puke on rugs instead of the hardwood floors which is sooooo convenient to clean up

ground zero was the area rug underneath our dining room table. it's been on its way out recently, and we decided instead of cleaning it, to just roll it up and throw it outside. that happened around 2:30am. then my 6 month old daughter woke up (due to the noise? i dunno) and was hungry. then i didn't fall asleep till 3:30 and was up at 5:15 for the day.

good times.
    Old 01-30-2017, 06:20 AM   #59816
    SmoothG

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Cops have my entire block locked down; all roads in/out.

I have Chinese food coming. Gonna be real pissed if they don't let the driver through.
    Did you ever get your Chinese food?
    SmoothG is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 06:26 AM   #59817
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

someone stole my door knocker last night
    a door knocker.
    a.door.knocker.
    really baltimore?
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 AM   #59818
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

you live in Federal Hill?

feel like everyone up there had a door knocker
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #59819
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    you live in Federal Hill?

feel like everyone up there had a door knocker
    no, by the hospital
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #59820
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    i feel old

I woke up to my dog puking at 2am this morning. vomit everywhere. he likes to puke on rugs instead of the hardwood floors which is sooooo convenient to clean up

ground zero was the area rug underneath our dining room table. it's been on its way out recently, and we decided instead of cleaning it, to just roll it up and throw it outside. that happened around 2:30am. then my 6 month old daughter woke up (due to the noise? i dunno) and was hungry. then i didn't fall asleep till 3:30 and was up at 5:15 for the day.

good times.

My Sheltie does this too, out of either end, when she's sick. Our whole downstairs is tile but she always goes for the rug by the door. I think she doesn't like the splashback, because she also walks when she pees. It's the strangest thing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothG View Post
    Did you ever get your Chinese food?
    I did! And it was awesome.