Premium Ticket Packages - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #31
DMBzilla
tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Premium Ticket Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by #41bestsong View Post
so your saying that any fan who joined later on or wasn't old enough to actually join way back when but is a huge fan no or anything like that means that they don't deserve to be close to the stage ever. that just isn't fair at all.
Tough. Shit.

Imagine that you've been a season ticket holder for a sports team for over a decade, and you've worked your way into great seats, and suddenly management calls you and says, "Hey listen, we know you've been here for a while, but there are a bunch of new fans who'd love to have your seats, so we're going to run a lottery this year and you could be seated anywhere in the stadium." Would you be okay with that?
DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #32
    acousticmike80

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    well most bands don't have a seniority list or whatever it is. Phish doesn't have anything like that.
    Pearl Jam "Ten" Club.
    acousticmike80 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #33
    acousticmike80

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
    Tough. Shit.

Imagine that you've been a season ticket holder for a sports team for over a decade, and you've worked your way into great seats, and suddenly management calls you and says, "Hey listen, we know you've been here for a while, but there are a bunch of new fans who'd love to have your seats, so we're going to run a lottery this year and you could be seated anywhere in the stadium." Would you be okay with that?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #34
    decemberlov

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

has nothing to do with premium tickets because I wouldn't spend money like that anyway but do you guys think its worth it to go through warehouse for tickets...honestly I just want Camden lawn seats...are they cheaper through WH?
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #35
    burningone

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, too bad. I wish I joined the Ten Club when I was in third grade, but I completely respect the fact that those who've been dedicated Pearl Jam fans longer than I've been deserve to keep their status intact and benefit from their loyalty.
    3rd grade? Christ, I feel old now.

Seniority hasn't done squat for us in at least 9 years as far as "good seats" goes. Probably the only reason we still have a WH membership is so that we don't have to deal with Ticketmaster or get raped by Stubhub.
    burningone is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #36
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Depending on the price, I may have to splurge on one night of premium tickets since I am not going to a lot of shows this summer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #37
    comeandsee41

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tough. Shit.

there you go, its not rocket science. you cant call it seniority if you don't offer a benefit to your senior members.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #38
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    For now, I'm just going to assume that "Premium Tickets" = "VIP". Which they've been doing for quite a while, so I don't really see the big deal.
    They've never offered "VIP" at most of these venues, and when they do they offer some kind of premium seating (usually in the first 15 rows or something for pavilion shows). That means x-number of tickets that would have been in the seating assignment pool that will now only go to those willing to pay a premium. And don't for a second think that premium won't be significant.

Quote:
    well most bands don't have a seniority list or whatever it is. Phish doesn't have anything like that.
    Phish also doesn't have a fan club with a yearly fee.

The best comparison to Warehouse is Pearl Jam's Ten Club, but you ignored that post.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #39
    #41bestsong

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tough. Shit.

they do that with the red sox. they do a lottery system to get the premium green monster seats and the yankee games at fenway.
    #41bestsong is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #40
    acousticmike80

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    they do that with the red sox. they do a lottery system to get the premium green monster seats and the yankee games at fenway.
    But that has nothing to do with the season ticket holders who are still guaranteed their seats that theyve paid for year after year.

You are talking about a subset of "special seats" at Fenway. Believe me, I know the Fenway deal.

We are talking about an annual tour, with an annual fee with absolutely no guarantees.

We realize that the volume of requests is high....but if a 10+ year member has worse luck than a 1-3 year member...seniority really doesnt exist....
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #41
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This comparison sucks because you're talking about one specific section of seats and not the whole stadium. I know families who've had the same tickets at Fenway for decades.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #42
    #41bestsong

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
    But that has nothing to do with the season ticket holders who are still guaranteed their seats that theyve paid for year after year.

You are talking about a subset of "special seats" at Fenway. Believe me, I know the Fenway deal.

We are talking about an annual tour, with an annual fee with absolutely no guarantees.

We realize that the volume of requests is high....but if a 10+ year member has worse luck than a 1-3 year member...seniority really doesnt exist....
    i'm a 5 year member of the warehouse lmao, but it doesn't matter. I was front last year and that made everything perfect. this year i'm just looking to go. maybe get pavilion seats in the first few rows of the 2nd level of the pavilion or something.
    #41bestsong is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #43
    acousticmike80

My Tour Central Stats

And when I first joined back in the day....I fully accepted the back of the pavillion, balcony or lawn. I understood that I would have to pay my dues.

That is all part of the deal.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #44
    gocubsgo3822
    American #1

Shows Seen: 152

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    who cares what Phish does. This is DMB. people keep their memberships becasue of senority.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
    wow that was a classic ricky deflection ™
    gocubsgo3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #45
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

I should just have my wife join Warehouse this year. She'll almost definitely get better seats than I will.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #46
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I should just have my wife join Warehouse this year. She'll almost definitely get better seats than I will.
    True story. I've never gotten better seats than the seats I got during my first year with the Warehouse, 10 years ago.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #47
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 View Post
    who cares what Phish does. This is DMB. people keep their memberships becasue of senority.
    Phish doesn't even have a fan club, so they're entirely irrelevant to the discussion. They've always done ticketing the same way -- lottery in which you can get seats anywhere in the pavilion or on the lawn -- so no one complains. If they had the same setup and changed their policies the way Warehouse does, I can promise you the fans would be livid.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    My issue is that I fucking HATE GA pit, because I don't like being crammed in with a bunch of sweaty drunks and dumbass teenagers who feel it's perfect alright to push and shove their way in front of you, so I'd prefer a seat behind the pit, and now at least some portion of those seats will only go to those willing to pay much more than "face" value.

To put this in perspective, when Live Nation has offered "premium" or "VIP" seating in the past, they've cost in the range of $250 and up, per ticket.
    I completely agree about GA Pit. I have zero desire to have that type of "experience" at a show. I'll pass.

Quote:
    They've never offered "VIP" at most of these venues, and when they do they offer some kind of premium seating (usually in the first 15 rows or something for pavilion shows). That means x-number of tickets that would have been in the seating assignment pool that will now only go to those willing to pay a premium. And don't for a second think that premium won't be significant.

The best comparison to Warehouse is Pearl Jam's Ten Club, but you ignored that post.
    This is the breakdown of ticket types at StarLake:

Event Tickets
    Premium Tickets
    Parking
    Travel Package

I don't believe they've done VIP at StarLake before. In 2010, it was offered at PNC, but that's a completely different type of venue.
    I'm curious to see what these "premium" tickets are and how much they cost.
    It sounds like it is taking another level of seats away and giving them to whomever feels like spending (imo) way more than they are worth.
    But, $$ does rule the world ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
    Ive been in the Warehouse for 12 years (been to 54 shows) and only have gotten true PIT seats twice.

It is not as if the most senior members are sitting up front for every show....believe me.
    Seriously. I joined December 1998.
    I've gotten true PIT tickets once. Like, when they were just the first so many rows and not this GA expanded pit stuff.
    I've had good seats and I've had really, really, really bad seats.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #49
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Warehouse is offering "premium ticket packages" for every show, which pretty much equates to "tickets behind the pit that would have gone to senior members but will now go to people willing to pay out the ass for a ticket."
    I like this.

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #50
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    True story. I've never gotten better seats than the seats I got during my first year with the Warehouse, 10 years ago.
    I'd only have her request the non-seniority nights, since that's usually when I do the worst. I'm still convinced that "random seating" actually means "reverse seniority."
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #51
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    I like this.
    Maybe I just have a lot of things I like to spend money on, but do people really think a DMB ticket - even OMGZZ I'm in the front row - is worth several hundred dollars? (assuming that's about the price they'll be since regular seats are probably close to $100 anymore).

I mean, I love the band and all, but there has to be a certain price point that is just insane. I have a feeling premium prices are going to be at that level for me.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #52
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    I completely agree about GA Pit. I have zero desire to have that type of "experience" at a show. I'll pass.
    Camden N1 2010 I was in the 2nd row behind the pit. I laughed all night at the people crammed into that shit -- people were smashed against the back rail it was so packed. Literally no room to even breathe. I'm pretty sure Ricky traded his GA Pit tickets for N2 for a 200 level seat because it was so bad at N1.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #53
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I guess I really haven't paid attention that closely... seems like every show I've gone to over the last several years has had a 'VIP' package. I don't see 'VIP' listed on any of those dates... so maybe they just changed the wording. We'll see when the full announcement comes out.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #54
    evino526

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Tough. Shit.

Sorry and no offense, but you can't compare having seasons tickets to requesting concert tickets.

"Look, here are we...on this starry night staring into space and I must say...I feel as small as dust lying down here"
    evino526 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #55
    acousticmike80

My Tour Central Stats

I was in the GA Pit in Hartford (2010).....I would have preferred about 10 rows back and a seat.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #56
    mandy18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Camden N1 2010 I was in the 2nd row behind the pit. I laughed all night at the people crammed into that shit -- people were smashed against the back rail it was so packed. Literally no room to even breathe. I'm pretty sure Ricky traded his GA Pit tickets for N2 for a 200 level seat because it was so bad at N1.
    I'm too old for that.
    At PNC in 2010, I didn't even bother requesting field tickets b/c I didn't want to deal with GA - and that was an entire field!
    I'm accepting the fact that I've had my really good seats in the past and just live with those memories vs. trying to put up with GA Pit and / or pay for premium tickets.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #57
    acousticmike80

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by evino526 View Post
    Sorry and no offense, but you can't compare having seasons tickets to requesting concert tickets.
    If there were no fan club, I would agree with you.

But the point of joining the fan club is to have some opportunities of ordering tickets before the go on sale to the public.

Just like "season ticket" holders have that opportunity before the season/on sale tickets start.

If there were no fan club and it was an "everyone for them selves" concert...I'd agree.

But there is a level of MEMBERSHIP here.
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #58
    AJF_41

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    Maybe I just have a lot of things I like to spend money on, but do people really think a DMB ticket - even OMGZZ I'm in the front row - is worth several hundred dollars? (assuming that's about the price they'll be since regular seats are probably close to $100 anymore).

I mean, I love the band and all, but there has to be a certain price point that is just insane. I have a feeling premium prices are going to be at that level for me.
    there is some price level (likely a few hundered dollars) that i would be willing to pay to know that i've got a good seat without waiting in line for 6 hours to get there (then fight people for my spot all night).

similar to what kittenzz said, if i only go to a few shows (i didn't do any last year), i'm willing to pay that. i think the level of happiness i get out of the experience is worth the cost.

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    AJF_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #59
    dave4555

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    absolutely you can. except its not a venue its a band.
    dave4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #60
    DMBzilla
    tour.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drop2d View Post
    I guess I really haven't paid attention that closely... seems like every show I've gone to over the last several years has had a 'VIP' package. I don't see 'VIP' listed on any of those dates... so maybe they just changed the wording. We'll see when the full announcement comes out.
    They've never really offered VIP at amphitheaters though (maybe some, but not often). Warehouse did offer VIP tickets for some D&T shows last year -- they were all in the first 10-15 rows, they were $200 and up, and if they do anything even similar that means a bunch of tickets will be removed from the face value seating assignment pool.

Quote:
    With season tickets, the longer you've had them, the better seats you have access to.

When Warehouse started, the premise was the longer you've been a member, the better seats you'll get.

It's the same concept.