Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015) - Page 60 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #1771
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs Batman (2015)

I think they'll give some brief backstory to Bruce and I don't think they'll go too far into Wonder Woman. She has a movie coming out soon. I really don't think they'll spend much time on either histories
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #1772
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    Even if Batman, Lex and Wonder Woman are the only new characters that play semi-significant roles in the movie, it does feel like there's a lot of ground to cover in one movie. Considering Superman is the only hero in this universe that we have met, having both Batman and Wonder Woman not only introduced in this movie, but introduced as characters who have their own extensive history that has to be given context (like Batman's history with Joker and a dead Robin), as well as going through a Batman/Superman fight, Lex Luthor, Doomsday - it's just a lot to establish in one film, and considering this thing started as a Man of Steel 2 and has grown over time into a pre-Justice League movie, it feels like there was some degree of "winging it" and it makes sense that there would be concerns that this is essentially a "catch up to Marvel" movie. I would love for the whole thing to be pulled together in way that makes complete sense and sets the franchise up for a huge run - but as someone who wasn't even overly thrilled with Man of Steel, the trajectory this movie has seemed to take is a reason for concern. To me, at least.
    What you described won't take more time than the explanation for a character's motivations than in any other movie, though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
    On the topic of Batman, this just looks ridiculous. I don't watch Gotham, nor will I, but this gives me another reason to stay far, far away.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...freeze-a130723
    Gotham actually got pretty good this year. The quality of the costume may be a little less than desired, but Gordon's storyline has generally been pretty good. I'm actually looking forward to the second half of season two.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    I think they'll give some brief backstory to Bruce and I don't think they'll go too far into Wonder Woman. She has a movie coming out soon. I really don't think they'll spend much time on either histories
    Yeah, with Batman, everyone knows what's up. He's one of pop culture's most famous heroes. I've said from the start that WW won't play as big a role as people think, and I believe they'll save her long exposition from her solo movie, which, from the snippet we saw during the CW DC special, looks very good so far.
    Old 02-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #1773
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

trust Zack Snyder knows how to introduce characters and history in a stylish, timely fashion

Old 02-05-2016, 08:58 PM   #1774
    bradshaw06

Shows Seen: 19

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
    On the topic of Batman, this just looks ridiculous. I don't watch Gotham, nor will I, but this gives me another reason to stay far, far away.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...freeze-a130723
    What a 'cool' outfit...
    Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #1775
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Snyder addresses the "overcrowded" worries:

Quote:
    "As far as the other Justice League characters go, they play a very small role. It’s really just a whisper they exist. Except for Wonder Woman, we see her really well. But really the movie is about Batman and Superman. And we really take time with them and we really drill down on the why of them and what they stand for and their beliefs and them as characters. That’s pretty much the why of the movie. But again as I said, it does begin the conversation about these guys are out there."
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...batman-a130744
    Old 02-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #1776
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

New trailer coming soon:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...tman-v-a130759
    Old 02-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #1777
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 View Post
    Even if Batman, Lex and Wonder Woman are the only new characters that play semi-significant roles in the movie, it does feel like there's a lot of ground to cover in one movie. Considering Superman is the only hero in this universe that we have met, having both Batman and Wonder Woman not only introduced in this movie, but introduced as characters who have their own extensive history that has to be given context (like Batman's history with Joker and a dead Robin), as well as going through a Batman/Superman fight, Lex Luthor, Doomsday - it's just a lot to establish in one film,
    I think you're rather overstating the problem here. There's no reason to rehash Batman's origin story yet again, and I doubt they'll do that -- probably just a flashback to the Waynes getting shot at an emotionally correct moment, I think. As for the rest of Batman's history, it's pretty quick to get out there -- some kind of "remember of the cost of being Batman" line from Alfred with a shot of Bruce looking at Robin's disfigured costume is enough to convey that Robin died, for instance. No need to get into the details -- more mystery, less history.

As for Wonder Woman, I don't think we'll get any story there at all. I expect we'll have an "outsider" perspective of Wonder Woman -- she just shows up out of nowhere and nobody knows who she is and where she comes from, and it won't be explored. She'll be all questions, to be answered in the forthcoming movie. And Doomsday is hopefully going to be the villain for the next one, and only set up at the end of this one.

Don't get me wrong, the movie can still be terrible, and the "our hand really sucks" marketing campaign worries me, but overcrowding at least doesn't seem like its going to be an issue.

Last edited by Tomriddle; 02-06-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #1778
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

The two Batman V Superman spots tonight were neat.

Gotham Turkish Air spot: http://comicbook.com/2016/02/07/batm...turing-batman/
    Metropolis Turkish Air spot: http://comicbook.com/2016/02/07/batm...ring-superman/
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #1779
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

New trailer!

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/31/new-...leased-online/
    Old 02-11-2016, 07:57 AM   #1780
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Oh my god. All the blood in my body just rushed directly to my penis.

Very Batman-heavy but I am not complaining at all. Definitely the best trailer yet overall. That footage of Batman in beginning is straight out of the Arkham games! They're going to absolutely crush Batman. That look on Clark's face at the end was awesome. Gonna have to watch this one hundred more times.
    Old 02-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #1781
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I kinda feel like that trailer is in direct response to the Suicide Squad one, and how well that seemed to go over with so many people. Obviously they didn't (and couldn't have) just used another pop/rock song already, but very much the same specific quick action hits-to heavy guitar & drums beat of the music element was there that was so prevalent in SS's.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #1782
    jayman414
    GO PACK GO

Shows Seen: 38

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post

Very Batman-heavy but I am not complaining at all. Definitely the best trailer yet overall. That footage of Batman in beginning is straight out of the Arkham games! They're going to absolutely crush Batman. That look on Clark's face at the end was awesome. Gonna have to watch this one hundred more times.
    And they made it look amazing! This trailer has me even more excited. It doesn't show a lot that we haven't already seen, but like you said, this is probably the best overall trailer. Still not sure how people can watch these trailers and think that Afleck won't be the best Batman by the time this all done.

jayman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #1783
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    I kinda feel like that trailer is in direct response to the Suicide Squad one, and how well that seemed to go over with so many people. Obviously they didn't (and couldn't have) just used another pop/rock song already, but very much the same specific quick action hits-to heavy guitar & drums beat of the music element was there that was so prevalent in SS's.
    Nah, that's Batman's theme music that was done by Junkie XL, who did the Mad Max score as well.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #1784
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Holy shit, I had to stop, I am going to see Deadpool tonight in IMAX but that fight scene was fucking glorious.
    Old 02-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #1785
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

All aboard the Hype Train!!
    Old 02-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #1786
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    Nah, that's Batman's theme music that was done by Junkie XL, who did the Mad Max score as well.
    sorry no, I didn't mean to imply that it was just some other sort of rock song (albeit without any lyrics), but just the point of those same heavy-type beats of the music to the action was still there.

and I guess maybe helped along by the fact that it feels like this thing was literally shooting for like a year and a half long or something, but it almost feels like the movie itself is going to wind up being about 3+ hours long.

Last edited by junior94; 02-11-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #1787
    javierm27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Just read this this morning:

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/20/batm...time-revealed/

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will run for more than two and a half hours, according to a German theater source (via DC Comics Movie).

The runtime for the film, which will be rated PG-13, is going to be 151 minutes, making it longer than Man of Steel's 143 minutes."
    Quote:
    sorry no, I didn't mean to imply that it was just some other sort of rock song (albeit without any lyrics), but just the point of those same heavy-type beats of the music to the action was still there.

and I guess maybe helped along by the fact that it feels like this thing was literally shooting for like a year and a half long or something, but it almost feels like the movie itself is going to wind up being about 3+ hours long.
    Yeah, understood.

There is the run time for you.
    Old 02-11-2016, 10:38 AM   #1788
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Quote:

that did look pretty damn good. That gives me more hope than I had before. I might say I'm even turning to the positive on this one.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #1789
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by javierm27 View Post
    Holy shit, I had to stop, I am going to see Deadpool tonight in IMAX but that fight scene was fucking glorious.
    We're going on Valentine's Day. I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers but I want to see reviews. So far I've seen nothing but praise.
    Old 02-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #1790
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

new trailer looks great
    Old 02-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #1791
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

#HailSnydra

The cinematography looks absolutely stellar for this film. I know people bash Snyder for going slomo or quick-zoom/quick-cut or handheld/shaky cam sometimes, but I fucking love all those techniques and think he's a visually unreal filmmakers.

Batman is going to be a certified badass. Watched it about a dozen times, I love how Batman deploys his gadgets mid-fight like the Arkham games, disables the guns, uses the grapnel gun in combat, and is just absolutely wrecking dudes. I mean that chokeslam move in the beginning made me legitimately scream out loud like I just watched a big football or hockey hit. Thank you God in heaven for this comic-accurate depiction of Batman, thank you so much.
    Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #1792
    TwoStep2888

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    #HailSnydra

The cinematography looks absolutely stellar for this film. I know people bash Snyder for going slomo or quick-zoom/quick-cut or handheld/shaky cam sometimes, but I fucking love all those techniques and think he's a visually unreal filmmakers.

Batman is going to be a certified badass. Watched it about a dozen times, I love how Batman deploys his gadgets mid-fight like the Arkham games, disables the guns, uses the grapnel gun in combat, and is just absolutely wrecking dudes. I mean that chokeslam move in the beginning made me legitimately scream out loud like I just watched a big football or hockey hit. Thank you God in heaven for this comic-accurate depiction of Batman, thank you so much.

love Snyder
    Old 02-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #1793
    DeuceStep

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I don't like watching trailers because I fee like "they" give too much of the best scenes away and I usually do not need to be convinced to go to a movie if I like the actors, topic or director. Back in the day, trailers were 30 seconds long, instead of 2+ minutes, which is a buzzkill for me.

With that being said, I also do not usually take people's "word for it" on the hype train, but you all seem to be equally as skeptical as I was regarding this movie and you're all rounding the bend, which gives me hope. So thanks for watching the trailer for me and feeling good about what seemed to be a train wreck of a movie.
    DeuceStep is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #1794
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Well, that is pretty standard with a lot of trailers. There are countless trailers that synch up camera shots and clips with the music that's playing.

That shot of him jumping from the Batwing into the warehouse...fantastic. The more I see him the more I am confident that Affleck was the perfect choice.
    Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #1795
    WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Dude that was a pretty great trailer. Probably should've led with that.
    WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #1796
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    that did look pretty damn good. That gives me more hope than I had before. I might say I'm even turning to the positive on this one.
    Didn't think I'd ever see the day!

Loved it. That last hit Batman had on the thug in the warehouse.....goodness
    Old 02-11-2016, 04:07 PM   #1797
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, that is pretty standard with a lot of trailers. There are countless trailers that synch up camera shots and clips with the music that's playing.

Yea I definitely had that general notion in mind, so I hear ya. But at the same time, it gave me a very similar vibe overall to that of the Suicide Squad trailer. And that while this clearly wasn't a mainstream pop song, that it was just instrumental, but it felt like the same kind of flavor, editing in such a way. Like they had it in mind to try and achieve the same thing with a more traditional piece, instead of a tune off the radio.

btw, the big blocked punch moment there toward the end, I guess that pretty much confirmed that that metal armored suit Batman's got on at that point has at least some amount of kryptonite in it? I mean I'm thinking it can't be like completely lined with it or anything, lest Supes would be like doubled over in agony just there in front of him, without Batman even having to touch him.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #1798
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea I definitely had that general notion in mind, so I hear ya. But at the same time, it gave me a very similar vibe overall to that of the Suicide Squad trailer. And that while this clearly wasn't a mainstream pop song, that it was just instrumental, but it felt like the same kind of flavor, editing in such a way. Like they had it in mind to try and achieve the same thing with a more traditional piece, instead of a tune off the radio.

btw, the big blocked punch moment there toward the end, I guess that pretty much confirmed that that metal armored suit Batman's got on at that point has at least some amount of kryptonite in it? I mean I'm thinking it can't be like completely lined with it or anything, lest Supes would be like doubled over in agony just there in front of him, without Batman even having to touch him.
    I'd say almost definitely that there's kryptonite involved. Mike mentioned something about Bruce stealing kryptonite from Lex. Was that a theory, Mike? Or was that something you heard to be true?

Just typing this has me excited. It's about 6 weeks out that I started to get REALLY psyched for Star Wars. As big a deal as Star Wars is to me, Batman and Superman have always been my favorite since I was a kid and that makes this movie an even bigger deal to me.
    Old 02-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #1799
    mthawk07
    In all kinds of weather

My Tour Central Stats

Still not entirely sure how I feel about this one but that fight scene at the beginning of the trailer was spectacular.
    Old 02-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #1800
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd say almost definitely that there's kryptonite involved. Mike mentioned something about Bruce stealing kryptonite from Lex. Was that a theory, Mike? Or was that something you heard to be true?

Just typing this has me excited. It's about 6 weeks out that I started to get REALLY psyched for Star Wars. As big a deal as Star Wars is to me, Batman and Superman have always been my favorite since I was a kid and that makes this movie an even bigger deal to me.
    Just a theory about the Kryptonite. We know it exists in the universe from the first trailer and the shot of Lex looking at it in the case. My hunch was that the scene they show the motorcycle zooming into Lexcorp is Lex responding to a breakin, makes the most sense that Bruce would steal the Kryptonite to fight Superman. I'm assuming Lex wouldn't just hand it over.