Disney World - Page 91 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 AM   #2701
clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
Apparently she's thinking do Cape May on our Hollywood Studios day. We can just take the bus to Beach Club from HS couldn't we?
There aren't any buses from Epcot or Hollywood Studios to Beach Club due to each park's proximity to the resort. There is a boat though. Walking can be quicker, especially if you miss the boat and have to wait 20+ minutes before another one shows up. Some say walking is faster either way.

Boat is the way to go for me. It's a very leisurely and pleasant boat ride that lets you get off your feet for awhile. It will stop at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels in between.
clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #2702
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

went to the new Downtown Disney "Disney Springs" Sunday.

it's really just a high-end shopping area now. There are a TON of restaurants - a Southern food one, Marimoto (from Iron Chef) has a spot, some Italian place. There are also a shit-ton of bars. All also had quick service sports for on the go.

everything went way up in price too; they are obviously catering to the high end consumer now (they clearly are trying to price out the riff raff) I saw 'craft beers' available at every beer kiosk. Sweetwater was $9 a can. wow.

It's not the downtown disney I remember and used to enjoy for a relaxing time to get stuff I can't find anywhere else. There was only a few shops where you could get Disney specific stuff (all the shops that were previously there)

We will go back to eat there, but as far as a getaway shopping trip as we used to do... nope. It's just an outdoor shopping mall now.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #2703
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    There aren't any buses from Epcot or Hollywood Studios to Beach Club due to each park's proximity to the resort. There is a boat though. Walking can be quicker, especially if you miss the boat and have to wait 20+ minutes before another one shows up. Some say walking is faster either way.

Boat is the way to go for me. It's a very leisurely and pleasant boat ride that lets you get off your feet for awhile. It will stop at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels in between.
    the boat actually goes from HS to the Beach Club; then a very short walk to the England entrance to Epcot. It's not faster to walk. Boat stops on both sides of the little pond there (which, incidentally has alligators in it b/c it's Florida)
    Old 08-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #2704
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    the boat actually goes from HS to the Beach Club; then a very short walk to the England entrance to Epcot. It's not faster to walk. Boat stops on both sides of the little pond there (which, incidentally has alligators in it b/c it's Florida)
    From HS doesn't it go Swan --> Dolphin --> Yacht/Beach Club --> Boardwalk Inn --> Epcot?

Walking only becomes faster if you just miss the boat and have to wait for the next one to arrive + travel time to Beach Club. I still would never walk though unless I'm cutting it extremely close on a reservation time.

And yes, there are gators. When news broke of the attack earlier this year, the first thing I thought of was how frequently I walk along the beach at Beach Club during my trips. Never near the water though and never at night.
    Old 08-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #2705
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
    From HS doesn't it go Swan --> Dolphin --> Yacht/Beach Club --> Boardwalk Inn --> Epcot?

Walking only becomes faster if you just miss the boat and have to wait for the next one to arrive + travel time to Beach Club. I still would never walk though unless I'm cutting it extremely close on a reservation time.

And yes, there are gators. When news broke of the attack earlier this year, the first thing I thought of was how frequently I walk along the beach at Beach Club during my trips. Never near the water though and never at night.
    This is what I was just seeing. Yeah that is the stop schedule. Assuming we leave from HS to Cape May it'll be boat or walk. Google says about a 30 minute walk and if I do just miss the boat, probably ends up being the same. But I will have a 6 year old so.... I didn't know they had a boat to HS so that would be a nice relaxing way to do it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #2706
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

By the way, my FastPass+ reservation window opened up this morning at 7 a.m. Pretty smooth sailing all things considered. Got Seven Dwarfs Mine Train on each of the 3 days we'll be spending any time at MK.

Also got Frozen Ever After at 1:40 p.m., right after lunch at Le Cellier. The plan is still to ride it after breakfast at Akershus that same morning. If it sucks, like I suspect it will, we'll likely cancel the afternoon FP+.
    Old 08-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #2707
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    This is what I was just seeing. Yeah that is the stop schedule. Assuming we leave from HS to Cape May it'll be boat or walk. Google says about a 30 minute walk and if I do just miss the boat, probably ends up being the same. But I will have a 6 year old so.... I didn't know they had a boat to HS so that would be a nice relaxing way to do it.
    Definitely ride the boat then.
    Old 08-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #2708
    crb60

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

The absolute best recommendation I can give about fast passes -- get them as early as you possibly can (9:00, 10:00, 11:00). As soon as you scan your 11:00 pass, you can get another pass immediately from the app, which I don't think everyone realizes. Also, if something isn't instantly available, keep refreshing. They pop up quickly.

A couple weeks ago we were in the MK walking on and off of Splash Mountain with a 95 minute wait. We rode it three times in 30 minutes. Amateur Hour.

We ended up having 12 fast passes that day and never had to stand-by anything.
    crb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #2709
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crb60 View Post
    The absolute best recommendation I can give about fast passes -- get them as early as you possibly can (9:00, 10:00, 11:00). As soon as you scan your 11:00 pass, you can get another pass immediately from the app, which I don't think everyone realizes. Also, if something isn't instantly available, keep refreshing. They pop up quickly.

A couple weeks ago we were in the MK walking on and off of Splash Mountain with a 95 minute wait. We rode it three times in 30 minutes. Amateur Hour.

We ended up having 12 fast passes that day and never had to stand-by anything.
    Was wondering how the app was working out. You couldn't do it when we were there last year and by the time you get to the kiosk it was shit that was left.

Quote:
    Old 08-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #2710
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Steven Tyler no longer giving the shocker

http://www.wftv.com/news/disney-cove...ster/425009646
    Old 08-18-2016, 05:20 AM   #2711
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Damn Disney takes away all of the classics.
    Old 08-18-2016, 05:22 AM   #2712
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

First, I still haven't been on that ride so I didn't see it and if I go on it in April I won't care. BUT would kids have any idea what that meant? Would they really be going around doing that after riding the ride?

Quote:
    Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #2713
    HoldemHart
    Love This Goofy Bastard

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Went to Animal Kingdom earlier this week and I can comfortably say that was the worst humidity I've ever experienced and I've lived in Florida for almost 30 years.

That place was like the Trail of Tears.
    HoldemHart is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #2714
    Musicology200

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    That place was like the Trail of Tears.

Little Thing: 1:1 7/6/12
    Musicology200 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #2715
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I'm two weeks away from my Disney trip. I'm hoping for a good week weather-wise and not the Trail of Tears humidity.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #2716
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

More details on the gator attack; Disney is very lucky this family did not seek damages:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/22/us/orl...ack/index.html

• The family was by the lagoon near the hotel around 8:30 p.m., during gator hunting time, to watch the movie "Zootopia" on the beach.
    • The boy was standing in ankle-deep water while he fetched buckets of water for a sand castle he was building. Neither the boy nor his family did anything provocative.
    • The alligator took Lane when he bent down. Matt Graves, the father, tried to pry open the gator's mouth that was clamped on his son's head and neck, but the animal broke away.
    • A South Carolina tourist spotted the alligator from his hotel porch about 45 minutes before the attack. He said he pointed out the animal to a Disney employee. Just before the attack, he saw children in the ankle-deep water and was going out the door to warn them when he heard the mother screaming.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #2717
    HoldemHart
    Love This Goofy Bastard

Shows Seen: 85

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    More details on the gator attack; Disney is very lucky this family did not seek damages:

• The family was by the lagoon near the hotel around 8:30 p.m., during gator hunting time, to watch the movie "Zootopia" on the beach.
    • The boy was standing in ankle-deep water while he fetched buckets of water for a sand castle he was building. Neither the boy nor his family did anything provocative.
    • The alligator took Lane when he bent down. Matt Graves, the father, tried to pry open the gator's mouth that was clamped on his son's head and neck, but the animal broke away.
    • A South Carolina tourist spotted the alligator from his hotel porch about 45 minutes before the attack. He said he pointed out the animal to a Disney employee. Just before the attack, he saw children in the ankle-deep water and was going out the door to warn them when he heard the mother screaming.
    Disney stroked a check to the family, there is no doubt in my mind.
    HoldemHart is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #2718
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

bolded - no. not really.

underlined - look at Leerattlednumbers the Alligator expert. Is 825 too early for gator hunting? They're probably done by 850, right?

they're building a wall around it (TrumpC), but guess what? there's still alligators in the lake and guess what? If they want to climb the wall they will.
    Old 08-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #2719
    neumdogg
    Happy birthday, Paulie!

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

My wife is going in 3 weeks for work and I am not going with her. I am so sad.
    neumdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #2720
    gripes81
    bout half

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

What is the best/cheapest way to get tickets to MK? Going next month
    gripes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #2721
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gripes81 View Post
    What is the best/cheapest way to get tickets to MK? Going next month
    Florida resident.
    At the time I didn't think I did.
    I believe now that I do, however... but I don't care.
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #2722
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HoldemHart View Post
    Disney stroked a check to the family, there is no doubt in my mind.
    You are probably right. The amount of stuff that would have come out if that thing actually went to trial would have really hurt Disney.

Quote:
    bolded - no. not really.

underlined - look at Leerattlednumbers the Alligator expert. Is 825 too early for gator hunting? They're probably done by 850, right?

they're building a wall around it (TrumpC), but guess what? there's still alligators in the lake and guess what? If they want to climb the wall they will.
    Or I could of just copied and pasted from the article that I posted?
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #2723
    crb60

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I don't know if it's just me, but I always seem to say 'doubt-it' when someone says "they were on their way to warn them, but I was too late". No need to try to be a hero now, pal.
    crb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #2724
    Musicology200

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Just bought a 2 day hopper for Food/Wine and MK in mid november. Will probably bounce over to MGM to hit a couple rides as well. Anyone ever been to Epcot on the last weekend of food and wine? Is it busier than normal?

Little Thing: 1:1 7/6/12
    Musicology200 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2016, 07:53 AM   #2725
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Musicology200 View Post
    Just bought a 2 day hopper for Food/Wine and MK in mid november. Will probably bounce over to MGM to hit a couple rides as well. Anyone ever been to Epcot on the last weekend of food and wine? Is it busier than normal?
    It will be wall to wall packed.

The end is always the busiest time; been there on that same weekend before.

You won't park hop; you will just stay in Epcot & drink your face off
    Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #2726
    clayj41

My Tour Central Stats

Six weeks until I leave for my annual fall trip!!!
    Old 09-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #2727
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

How long should I wait to bring a baby to one of the parks?

Keep in mind it will be free.
    Old 09-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #2728
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UCFish View Post
    How long should I wait to bring a baby to one of the parks?

Keep in mind it will be free.
    Til they are 4. Then tell em they are 2 so they get in free (use a push cart when entering)

They won't remember anything prior to 4. Trust me.
    Old 09-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #2729
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah 4 is good. I get the idea of it being free but that's a lot of work for something they won't remember and hinders you from doing stuff. My parents paid for us (them, the three of us and my sis's family of 4) to go down there when my son was just over 1 and we did it cause we weren't paying anything at all but no way I do that if I had to pay for it, even with him being free. We didn't do a whole lot and even with them helping weren't able to do many rides. At 4 this past Oct. my son loved it and we were able to do most of the rides with him.

Quote:
    Old 09-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #2730
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

My Tour Central Stats

Oh I just mean how old do they need to be before people frown on me for taking a baby. I know the baby won't remember anything I just want to know when I can go and have the baby in the stroller without being judged. It will just be a daily entry for a few hours as well.