What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 1094 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #32791
GSUdawg521
hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
An old and cliche one; selfies, but specifically when it's a close up of someone's face but they are talking about where they are...

In other words, there's a few people I'm Facebook friends with that post pictures with captions like "at the beautiful vineyard overlooking a river" or whatever, but the picture is just a face with a sliver of scenery in the background.

I'd much rather see this beautiful vineyard overlooking a river than your dumb face for the millionth time.
Yeah, this or selfies to accompany just everyday events, etc that have nothing to do with a picture of you. Like, you could just say that it's your first day of a new job, why does there have to be a picture of you in your car to go along with it? Always comes off as very narcissistic to me. Can't say I've ever taken a cell phone pic of just myself just because.

I more dislike selfies where the person is not looking at the camera, as if they didn't take it their damn self.
GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #32792
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

^^My school has prohibited selfie sticks at football games.
    Old 09-02-2015, 11:14 AM   #32793
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

selfie sticks CAN take pretty good pictures that would otherwise be difficult to take

but yeah, most of the time it's just a picture of one person, so it loses all value

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #32794
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    selfie sticks CAN take pretty good pictures that would otherwise be difficult to take

but yeah, most of the time it's just a picture of one person, so it loses all value
    This is how I feel. Sometimes it captures a group of people and an awesome scenery. Our wedding band posted a video of them playing at someone's wedding and someone on the dance floor had one and a few girls kept crowding around, everyone looking up making stupid faces. Just looked ridiculous. I said we may have to ensure there are none present at ours. I think my uncle is the only person we know that has one.
    Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #32795
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

My Tour Central Stats

Just saw this. Ridic.
    http://www.vibe.com/2015/09/teen-kills-self-gun-selfie/
    Old 09-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #32796
    zajDmB1

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post

Yea, personally I'd still prefer just a picture of whatever scenery, city, etc so I can actually see what's going on, but I understand people who want to be in the photo. So it can be fine if you can still see what the person/people are standing in front of.

This one girl I haven't talked to in years got married recently and went on a honeymoon in Italy. A good 90% of their photos posted on social were cool shots of the scenery. I almost sent her a message being like, thank you for not being a narcissistic ass.
    zajDmB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #32797
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea, personally I'd still prefer just a picture of whatever scenery, city, etc so I can actually see what's going on, but I understand people who want to be in the photo. So it can be fine if you can still see what the person/people are standing in front of.

This one girl I haven't talked to in years got married recently and went on a honeymoon in Italy. A good 90% of their photos posted on social were cool shots of the scenery. I almost sent her a message being like, thank you for not being a narcissistic ass.

unless shes hot, then you're like where are the beach selfies
    DMBstandUP1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #32798
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    unless shes hot, then you're like where are the beach selfies
    She's not really...haha

Plus, even if she was, I don't need more hotdog leg and toes in sand photos...
    Old 09-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #32799
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

I don't mess with the selfies, I have a big head so i look 3D compared to everyone else in the picture.
    Old 09-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #32800
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

The mother fucking federal government.

April 15th I estimated my tax liability for 2014 before meeting with my tax guy the following week. ~$2200. I log on to payusatax or whatever it's called and paid it in full.

A few months go by, I get a letter from the IRS saying I still owed it. So I make an appt with my IRS field agent here in Albany. Come to find out the estimated tax I paid was paid for FY 2015, not 2014. And apparently they can't credit current tax payments toward previous liabilities even when any dolt can see it was a simple mistake and should be relatively easy to reverse.

So I go down to my congressman's office and ask for help. A month goes by and I call and ask if there's been any movement as I haven't heard dick. "Mr. Shookme if you haven't heard anything then that means we haven't heard anything, as we'd have notified you of any decision or news."

Ok, generic as fuck answer. Thanks for the non-help, dickcheese.

Another month goes by, get a letter from the IRS saying if I don't pay by sept 3rd, it'll be counted as delinquent. Wages garnished, property seized, credit bureaus notified... the works. So I call my rep's office back and ask wtf is going on. She says bring the letter down to her office so she has tangible word to have the matter expedited. That was Friday, and of course I was working all day Friday. I bring it down Monday.

only person in the office is answering 4 phones, paper flying... evidently it's a chaotic day at the office. Ok, fine. She tells me to fill out some form authorizing the gov't to look into the matter on my behalf and bring it back in Tuesday. Yesterday. I go, bring it down. Door locked, lights off.... I slip it under the floor and hope for the best.

I go home and read some of the paperwork with the letter and there's some sort of Taxpayer Advocate System, independent of the IRS, that helps taxpayers who are facing a financial hardship to comply with the IRS. I give them a call. I'm told they only help with people who are getting refunds, and as that's not me, they can't do dick.

So, in short, I owe the IRS $1200 that I already paid them, it's due tomorrow, and I can't find a single meatbag who is paid by me to look into the matter for me to avoid penalties.

And the gov't wonders why we have mass shootings at public offices. Fuck them.

Edit: So today I called my representative's office back again, and got transferred to the Albany office as my local office is closed today. The dude spoke with the woman I've been working with and she says "he's not in any sort of trouble, we have time to work with this still. I'll give him a call tomorrow." So now I have to put my faith that the IRS won't ruin my credit, and take about a month and a half's wages from me, in a woman who's already let me down a minimum of two times.

Last edited by daveshookme; 09-02-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    daveshookme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #32801
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

... the fact that gmail's mailbox on iPhone has "Archive" at the bottom right as opposed to "Trash" like Yahoo!

Muscle memory has me hitting "Archive" almost every time which means I then have to take extra steps to put something in the trash when I'm checking gmail.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #32802
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I think the fact that you contacted the IRS will make you safe. I had the whole wages garnished/bank accounts frozen thing happen about 12 years ago. IIRC they send you a letter saying pay by this date or else. Then send you another letter saying they are going to start the process and then send you a certified letter saying they're taking the money from you. The fact that you contacted them and that the IRS knows you're in contact with them usually staves off any kind of action. Stay on top of it though. I've found its better to be a pain in someone's ass then have them forget and you get screwed over.
    Old 09-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #32803
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    I think the fact that you contacted the IRS will make you safe. I had the whole wages garnished/bank accounts frozen thing happen about 12 years ago. IIRC they send you a letter saying pay by this date or else. Then send you another letter saying they are going to start the process and then send you a certified letter saying they're taking the money from you. The fact that you contacted them and that the IRS knows you're in contact with them usually staves off any kind of action. Stay on top of it though. I've found its better to be a pain in someone's ass then have them forget and you get screwed over.
    you can bet your fucking ass I'll be on the horn with them first thing in the am.
    Old 09-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #32804
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Agree with this 100%
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 04:52 AM   #32805
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

The pet waste station near my place is not emptied as normally as it should be.
    Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 AM   #32806
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

The fact that both USPS and UPS deliver to my apartment no problem but FedEx can't find the address. If I add the word "business" to my address then they can find it... BUT, since my current package doesn't have the word "business" they refuse to deliver it until I contact the shipper to contact FedEx to change the address.
    Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #32807
    ricky towel

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

how some people react.

someone i know posted the tired meme of reagan meeting with the taliban and calling them the equivalent to our founding fathers

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JyngorLN-f...ganTaliban.png

http://bill-purkayastha.blogspot.com...structing.html

I commented to inform said person that the quote was actually about nicaragua, thinking they wouldn't want to be posting bullshit. but then he deleted my comment and made some passive aggressive post about "whats the point of being friends with someone if the only time they acknowledge anything you post is to be negative" etc etc etc.

hey if you want to post a political meme then you should be able to deal with comments on it, especially just pointing out that its blatantly incorrect.
    ricky towel is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #32808
    drop2d

Shows Seen: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The fact that both USPS and UPS deliver to my apartment no problem but FedEx can't find the address. If I add the word "business" to my address then they can find it... BUT, since my current package doesn't have the word "business" they refuse to deliver it until I contact the shipper to contact FedEx to change the address.
    Not sure what FedEx problem is. There are 3 houses on my 1/10th mile road. All clearly numbered. At least 1/2 the time they leave my packages at my neighbor's house.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drakan View Post
    Cuomo for president.
    drop2d is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #32809
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricky towel View Post
    how some people react.

someone i know posted the tired meme of reagan meeting with the taliban and calling them the equivalent to our founding fathers

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JyngorLN-f...ganTaliban.png

http://bill-purkayastha.blogspot.com...structing.html

I commented to inform said person that the quote was actually about nicaragua, thinking they wouldn't want to be posting bullshit. but then he deleted my comment and made some passive aggressive post about "whats the point of being friends with someone if the only time they acknowledge anything you post is to be negative" etc etc etc.

hey if you want to post a political meme then you should be able to deal with comments on it, especially just pointing out that its blatantly incorrect.
    I used to sort of get a morbid enjoyment from arguing with people who post(ed) political memes on Facebook. I ended up getting defriended by I think 3-4 people around last election haha.

My favorite was when someone from high school who was in the marines at the time posted the one I linked to below. There was like 40 likes and 10 comments about how shitty Obama is, then I just posted the link and nobody commented again.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...eteransday.asp
    Old 09-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #32810
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

My Tour Central Stats

That kentucky clerk is going to jail

was this the thread that she was talked about in yesterday?
    Old 09-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #32811
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

I think I've managed to convince Facebook that I don't want to see political memes, thankfully. That shit is the worst
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #32812
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    ... the fact that gmail's mailbox on iPhone has "Archive" at the bottom right as opposed to "Trash" like Yahoo!

Muscle memory has me hitting "Archive" almost every time which means I then have to take extra steps to put something in the trash when I'm checking gmail.
    Do it all the god damn time

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #32813
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yes....ugh...

Fuck that lady but this is just going to make everything worse. Or at the very least make the anti-gay community more unbearable.
    Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #32814
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yea, I think it was touched on in here.

Zaj and I expressed concern that this is exactly what they want, a martyr for the cause. Now they can champion her as a civil rights hero.
    Old 09-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #32815
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I used to sort of get a morbid enjoyment from arguing with people who post(ed) political memes on Facebook. I ended up getting defriended by I think 3-4 people around last election haha.

My favorite was when someone from high school who was in the marines at the time posted the one I linked to below. There was like 40 likes and 10 comments about how shitty Obama is, then I just posted the link and nobody commented again.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...eteransday.asp

I de friended somebody a few Black Fridays ago when she posted some onion article about how 100 million people got trampled and died.

100. Million. I pointed out that was about 12 states or 10 NYC's worth of people. She still bought it.

No need for that in my life.
    Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #32816
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

There's also the one with like 4 or 5 presidents in the east wing addressing reporters, all with the flag in the shot, and then Obama is there with the flags conveniently cropped out calling the backdrop a Muslim prayer flag. Gimme a fucking break.
    Old 09-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #32817
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    The mother fucking federal government.

April 15th I estimated my tax liability for 2014 before meeting with my tax guy the following week. ~$2200. I log on to payusatax or whatever it's called and paid it in full.

A few months go by, I get a letter from the IRS saying I still owed it. So I make an appt with my IRS field agent here in Albany. Come to find out the estimated tax I paid was paid for FY 2015, not 2014. And apparently they can't credit current tax payments toward previous liabilities even when any dolt can see it was a simple mistake and should be relatively easy to reverse.

So I go down to my congressman's office and ask for help. A month goes by and I call and ask if there's been any movement as I haven't heard dick. "Mr. Shookme if you haven't heard anything then that means we haven't heard anything, as we'd have notified you of any decision or news."

Ok, generic as fuck answer. Thanks for the non-help, dickcheese.

Another month goes by, get a letter from the IRS saying if I don't pay by sept 3rd, it'll be counted as delinquent. Wages garnished, property seized, credit bureaus notified... the works. So I call my rep's office back and ask wtf is going on. She says bring the letter down to her office so she has tangible word to have the matter expedited. That was Friday, and of course I was working all day Friday. I bring it down Monday.

only person in the office is answering 4 phones, paper flying... evidently it's a chaotic day at the office. Ok, fine. She tells me to fill out some form authorizing the gov't to look into the matter on my behalf and bring it back in Tuesday. Yesterday. I go, bring it down. Door locked, lights off.... I slip it under the floor and hope for the best.

I go home and read some of the paperwork with the letter and there's some sort of Taxpayer Advocate System, independent of the IRS, that helps taxpayers who are facing a financial hardship to comply with the IRS. I give them a call. I'm told they only help with people who are getting refunds, and as that's not me, they can't do dick.

So, in short, I owe the IRS $1200 that I already paid them, it's due tomorrow, and I can't find a single meatbag who is paid by me to look into the matter for me to avoid penalties.

And the gov't wonders why we have mass shootings at public offices. Fuck them.

Edit: So today I called my representative's office back again, and got transferred to the Albany office as my local office is closed today. The dude spoke with the woman I've been working with and she says "he's not in any sort of trouble, we have time to work with this still. I'll give him a call tomorrow." So now I have to put my faith that the IRS won't ruin my credit, and take about a month and a half's wages from me, in a woman who's already let me down a minimum of two times.

Quote:

Quote:
    you can bet your fucking ass I'll be on the horn with them first thing in the am.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aicdmb View Post
    Agree with this 100%

Update: I went to the irs office again today to work out a payment plan. Told the story of what happened and 2 hours of the agent clicking and scrolling later the were able to credit the payment I made for this year towards last years taxes. Finally.
    Old 09-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #32818
    Tomriddle
    Ga Ga Ooh La La

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    Yea, I think it was touched on in here.

Zaj and I expressed concern that this is exactly what they want, a martyr for the cause. Now they can champion her as a civil rights hero.
    She's got such a severe case of Shitty Dumb Person Face tho
    Tomriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #32819
    zajDmB1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    She's got such a severe case of Shitty Dumb Person Face tho
    A perfect leader for other Shitty Dumb Person Face havers.
    Old 09-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #32820
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Update: I went to the irs office again today to work out a payment plan. Told the story of what happened and 2 hours of the agent clicking and scrolling later the were able to credit the payment I made for this year towards last years taxes. Finally.
    awesome. I think this would have happened anyways, but this way you probably avoid the penalties of back taxes.