Weightlifting - Page 25 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #721
ryangibson

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Weightlifting

Reading all this makes me wish I had not stopped my routine. I set my goal to work out with 100lb dumbbells on flat bench, got there, and started losing the initiative. I've put on like 20 lbs and lost a ton of strength. I need some motivation. I need to start back on the cardio, lose some of the fat, and hit the gym hard.

ryangibson is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #722
    Devilspawn
    Devil's poser ego

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MDrums54 View Post
    i wouldy highly, highly reccomend you stay away from any product that does anything to your body's testosterone levels - it is very dangerous.

if you backread to some of my former posts in this thread, you will see that you do not need any supplemental aide as far as releasing testosterone goes, but rather, a critique in your workout (thus my question about your tricep routinte).

i know people in here might have their opinions on me, but as i said, i worked for incredibly smart, successfull, and jacked physical therapists/personal trainers who do it all naturally and based off of new science-backed routines. while everyone is different, you are still a human being, and i GUARANTEE you if you went on the program i did, you would see results.
    interested in what you mean by this (the bold)...
    Old 02-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #723
    jpevear

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    i wouldy highly, highly reccomend you stay away from any product that does anything to your body's testosterone levels - it is very dangerous.

if you backread to some of my former posts in this thread, you will see that you do not need any supplemental aide as far as releasing testosterone goes, but rather, a critique in your workout (thus my question about your tricep routinte).

i know people in here might have their opinions on me, but as i said, i worked for incredibly smart, successfull, and jacked physical therapists/personal trainers who do it all naturally and based off of new science-backed routines. while everyone is different, you are still a human being, and i GUARANTEE you if you went on the program i did, you would see results.
    I'm not going to question your past history or your knowledge. I'm just here to discuss technique, supplements, offer advice, and of course, receive advice. For some reason you think I'm not achieving the results I desire, but that is not the case. I am very close to where I want to be, physically speaking. I just want to add about 10 -15 lbs of muscle, reveal my two lower abs, and then it's on to my maintenance phase.

I ask about test boosters because I come across them quite a bit in my research and wondered if anybody here had success or failure with them.
    Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #724
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    natural? phs? or roids?
    not roids....

either natural or pharm.
    Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #725
    Devilspawn
    Devil's poser ego

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpevear View Post
    not roids....

either natural or pharm.
    I have taken a couple so called natural test boosters which include anti-aromatase inhibitors, tribulus, to ZMA(yeah, I know). I can give you specific brands if you want although I think some may not be available anymore due to govt sanctions.

I must say that overall I have not been extremely happy with them except for ZMA. I like/liked ZMA since it does help me get good nights sleep when I need it and still cycle it from time to time. I did see some positive gains from these, but I attributed it to diet more than anything, but I did/do get the feeling of more energy, pump, aggression at the gym whether it was mental or actually from the product except ZMA. These feelings normally was unnoticeable after 2 weeks though sticking with the recommended dosing plan. I will say that with each I observed an increase in libido which was/is welcomed though

I have tried one "so called" mild PH stack, and I did get some positive gains from it combined with a good diet. They had a great deal going at the time and I had read many positive reviews on it. I actually would like to try it again now that I know the correct dosing plan for myself after following the recommended one. With any stack like this you want to start out with the recommended and adjust from there of course. The stack included a "pct" which can also be taken alone as natural booster, but I have yet to take it alone without the stack.

Again, I did/do get the feeling of more energy, pump, aggression at the gym and it was greater than on the natural ones. I observed no bad side effects from the the stack while doing the recommended dosing scheme and suggested pct for an 8 week period. I did gain about 5lbs of "lean mass" over the 8 week period and saw the best gains after the 3.5 week mark. I ate about 3700-4000 calories daily during this time and my protein intake was close to 300g per day as recommended by others and the company.

Hope this helps some... Feel for to ask about anything else I didn't include.
    Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #726
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I have taken a couple so called natural test boosters which include anti-aromatase inhibitors, tribulus, to ZMA(yeah, I know). I can give you specific brands if you want although I think some may not be available anymore due to govt sanctions.

I must say that overall I have not been extremely happy with them except for ZMA. I like/liked ZMA since it does help me get good nights sleep when I need it and still cycle it from time to time. I did see some positive gains from these, but I attributed it to diet more than anything, but I did/do get the feeling of more energy, pump, aggression at the gym whether it was mental or actually from the product except ZMA. These feelings normally was unnoticeable after 2 weeks though sticking with the recommended dosing plan. I will say that with each I observed an increase in libido which was/is welcomed though

I have tried one "so called" mild PH stack, and I did get some positive gains from it combined with a good diet. They had a great deal going at the time and I had read many positive reviews on it. I actually would like to try it again now that I know the correct dosing plan for myself after following the recommended one. With any stack like this you want to start out with the recommended and adjust from there of course. The stack included a "pct" which can also be taken alone as natural booster, but I have yet to take it alone without the stack.

Again, I did/do get the feeling of more energy, pump, aggression at the gym and it was greater than on the natural ones. I observed no bad side effects from the the stack while doing the recommended dosing scheme and suggested pct for an 8 week period. I did gain about 5lbs of "lean mass" over the 8 week period and saw the best gains after the 3.5 week mark. I ate about 3700-4000 calories daily during this time and my protein intake was close to 300g per day as recommended by others and the company.

Hope this helps some... Feel for to ask about anything else I didn't include.

Thanks, man. I am leaving work now and will re-read your post later on after I get back from the gym... stay tuned because I'm going to have some questions.
    Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #727
    MDrums54
    Local Band Does O.K.

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    interested in what you mean by this (the bold)...
    PM me and ill be happy to elaborate.

Quote:
    I'm not going to question your past history or your knowledge. I'm just here to discuss technique, supplements, offer advice, and of course, receive advice. For some reason you think I'm not achieving the results I desire, but that is not the case. I am very close to where I want to be, physically speaking. I just want to add about 10 -15 lbs of muscle, reveal my two lower abs, and then it's on to my maintenance phase.

I ask about test boosters because I come across them quite a bit in my research and wondered if anybody here had success or failure with them.
    thats not at all what i think and i didnt mean to come off that way. at the same time, from my experience, anything that messes with your body's natural testosterone levels is dangerous, and irrelevant to the short-term effects you may or may not notice, there are far more thigns that could go wrong than right.

as for what you want to do, it is simply impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. you ahve to bulk up and then cut down.

in your case, for your lower two abs, you just have to burn massive amounts of calories (far more than what you take in) to deplete your body fat and make those abs visible.

#41/Sojourn of Arjuna Jam:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdh6wNhpFo
    MDrums54 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #728
    Crush086
    Eyes Wide Open

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I think Drums went and got himself banned so we may never find out the wonderful ingrediants of his supersupps lulz

Or not, he posted right before me. I figured that thread aboug Gibson would've done it, but whatever, it's not relevant here.

Anywho, onto your test question, I actually bought a stack from Anabolic Innovations Monday which included Test Boosters. It's called the Swole Stack, and the products in it are Testopro, Stoked and Glycobol

The Testopro is the main Test Booster. Testofen is the ingredient listed which is supposed to be the main catalyst in raising test, and the Stoked is also for test support.

Here's the link to the products for more info.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/swole-stack.html

This is my first time trying any, but from what I've read some people say it works, others say it's a waste of money. But since I have some money to spend (and am a supp whore anyways lol) I figured I'd give it a shot.

The AI Reps said it takes about 10-14 days to feel anything, so I guess within the next two weeks I'll find out how much it helps, if any.

Last edited by Crush086; 02-23-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Crush086 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #729
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Missed Monday's and now today's gym session because of a nasty case of strep throat. I fucking hate not going to the gym, but I feel almost as if it would be a waste even if I was drugged up. I've tried it before and it's just been an epic fail all around. Hopefully by Friday I'm feeling better.
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #730
    Jimi Thing 10

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryangibson View Post
    Reading all this makes me wish I had not stopped my routine. I set my goal to work out with 100lb dumbbells on flat bench, got there, and started losing the initiative. I've put on like 20 lbs and lost a ton of strength. I need some motivation. I need to start back on the cardio, lose some of the fat, and hit the gym hard.
    Quit being a fat fuck.
    Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #731
    Devilspawn
    Devil's poser ego

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimi Thing 10 View Post
    Quit being a fat fuck.
    I actually lol at my desk... thanks for that...
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #732
    Devilspawn
    Devil's poser ego

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crush086 View Post
    I think Drums went and got himself banned so we may never find out the wonderful ingrediants of his supersupps lulz

Or not, he posted right before me. I figured that thread aboug Gibson would've done it, but whatever, it's not relevant here.

Anywho, onto your test question, I actually bought a stack from Anabolic Innovations Monday which included Test Boosters. It's called the Swole Stack, and the products in it are Testopro, Stoked and Glycobol

The Testopro is the main Test Booster. Testofen is the ingredient listed which is supposed to be the main catalyst in raising test, and the Stoked is also for test support.

This is my first time trying any, but from what I've read some people say it works, others say it's a waste of money. But since I have some money to spend (and am a supp whore anyways lol) I figured I'd give it a shot.

The AI Reps said it takes about 10-14 days to feel anything, so I guess within the next two weeks I'll find out how much it helps, if any.
    I considered trying this at one point... also interested to see what you think...

btw, the only thing I'm taking right now is whey, bcaa's, creatine, glutamine, joint support and animal pak(which I just started a week ago as an alternative to orange triad(CL labs multivitamin) for awhile).
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #733
    fridge112887
    William Perry

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gonz085 View Post
    Missed Monday's and now today's gym session because of a nasty case of strep throat. I fucking hate not going to the gym, but I feel almost as if it would be a waste even if I was drugged up. I've tried it before and it's just been an epic fail all around. Hopefully by Friday I'm feeling better.
    I feel like scum when I miss a day at the gym (when I'm scheduled to go that is). My friends went to Florida last summer and invited me to go. I came up with some bogus excuse to stay back in Illinois. In reality, I didn't want to skip out on the gym. Spending a week in the sun doing nothing but drinking beer and eating garbage would have killed me. I look back now and regret it, especially since I love FL. There are times here at school I'll stay in on a friday night because I want to go to the school. I'm kinda pathetic at times
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #734
    fridge112887
    William Perry

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I considered trying this at one point... also interested to see what you think...

btw, the only thing I'm taking right now is whey, bcaa's, creatine, glutamine, joint support and animal pak(which I just started a week ago as an alternative to orange triad(CL labs multivitamin) for awhile).
    Only?

No, looks solid. You have the essentials (although I'm on the fence about glutamine).
    Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #735
    Devilspawn
    Devil's poser ego

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
    Only?

No, looks solid. You have the essentials (although I'm on the fence about glutamine).
    ha... it originally read creatine, glutamine and joint support...

I don't normally include whey, bcaa, and a multivitamin as I assume everyone normally assumes this anyways...

but I went back and added them just in case...

I actually think I've observed a slight increase in recovery with glutamine so I going to continue for 2 months and then cycle off and see if I feel a change...

going to get back on ZMA and maybe beta-alanine in a month... I'm currently cycling off of them...
    Old 02-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #736
    Jimi Thing 10

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fridge112887 View Post
    I feel like scum when I miss a day at the gym (when I'm scheduled to go that is). My friends went to Florida last summer and invited me to go. I came up with some bogus excuse to stay back in Illinois. In reality, I didn't want to skip out on the gym. Spending a week in the sun doing nothing but drinking beer and eating garbage would have killed me. I look back now and regret it, especially since I love FL. There are times here at school I'll stay in on a friday night because I want to go to the school. I'm kinda pathetic at times
    I think about this all the time. I take Sat and Sunday off and by Sunday afternoon I'm dying to get into the gym. When I plan out festivals and vacations I always think about how I won't be in the gym for a week.
    Jimi Thing 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #737
    ryangibson

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quit being a fat fuck.
    That's more on the harsh side of the motivation spectrum. I'll take it constructively.

ryangibson is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #738
    fridge112887
    William Perry

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think about this all the time. I take Sat and Sunday off and by Sunday afternoon I'm dying to get into the gym. When I plan out festivals and vacations I always think about how I won't be in the gym for a week.
    I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once I'm out of school and have a full-time job and a wife and kids.
    Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #739
    Brohan_Santana

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Anybody have any experience or info with testosterone boosters? Might give them a whirl next month when I'm off of my creatine.

I'm completely ignorant towards them... so any advice, specifically from someone who has taken them before, is welcome.
    Pretty much what MDrums said. Anything "Test booster" you get from GNC is just a worthless piece of marketing gimmick.

Also, how old are you?
    Brohan_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #740
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    PM me and ill be happy to elaborate.

thats not at all what i think and i didnt mean to come off that way. at the same time, from my experience, anything that messes with your body's natural testosterone levels is dangerous, and irrelevant to the short-term effects you may or may not notice, there are far more thigns that could go wrong than right.

as for what you want to do, it is simply impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. you ahve to bulk up and then cut down.

in your case, for your lower two abs, you just have to burn massive amounts of calories (far more than what you take in) to deplete your body fat and make those abs visible.
    Well, from your previous posts, it seems like you have been condemning myself and others for their supplement intake. But I do what works for me based on 20 years of experience in the gym and my experience with nutrition. I've got no problem with you, but when you come in here and tell me and others that supplements are a waste of money and then in the same breath recommend two supplements - well, you can see where we get lost on you. If you want to promote Reload & Preload by saying they're the best products on the market, have the best ingredients, and are scientifically proven to work - you should at the very least post the ingredients of the products & the scientific studies that support said products. Until you do that, please don't criticize us for what we ingest in our bodies.

As for test boosters... they peaked my interest. If there is enough positive feedback regarding them, I may try them for a month or two. No biggie...
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #741
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
    Pretty much what MDrums said. Anything "Test booster" you get from GNC is just a worthless piece of marketing gimmick.

Also, how old are you?
    I don't shop at GNC.

Way to expensive.

And I'm 35.
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #742
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crush086 View Post

Thanks for your input. Just like the other post made above regarding boosters, I'm going to have to look at it more closely tomorrow. And I'll hopefully have some questions for you.
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #743
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

LOL U the Situation?
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #744
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Just worked out again. The problem was Snap was absolutely packed. First, I couldn't get on any type of exercise equipment (I do my 20 mins of cardio first), let alone the elliptical I prefer due to my bad knees/feet/shins. Then I have a guy using the same dumbbells I want to use. On and on.

My workout at the moment sucks. I'm at half-commitment.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #745
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

I'm gonna be the first one here, and probably the only one here to post a 'before' photo. Flame away if you feel the need to.. I can take it, I'm a big boy.

Anyway, I'm hoping by June to exactly where I need to be.

This photo is taken about 1.5 hours after a shoulder and ab session.

Stats:

Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 164 lbs
    Biceps: 15.75 inches
    Chest: ?
    Waist: 32"

My goal by June is..

Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 175 lbs - 180 lbs
    Biceps: 16.25 inches
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg photo.jpg (32.2 KB, 57 views)
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 PM   #746
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
    LOL U the Situation?
    Far from it. Though I wish I had his money and abs
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #747
    jpevear

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    Just worked out again. The problem was Snap was absolutely packed. First, I couldn't get on any type of exercise equipment (I do my 20 mins of cardio first), let alone the elliptical I prefer due to my bad knees/feet/shins. Then I have a guy using the same dumbbells I want to use. On and on.

My workout at the moment sucks. I'm at half-commitment.
    Hopefully your gym will clear out soon from the New Years people...

My gym is finally slimming down.... thank god.
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #748
    Brohan_Santana

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm gonna be the first one here, and probably the only one here to post a 'before' photo. Flame away if you feel the need to.. I can take it, I'm a big boy.
    Good Idea. I'm in.
    Brohan_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #749
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Stats:

My goal by June is..

dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #750
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Stats:

My goal by June is..

Yo bro...where's all your muscle mass?

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote