2015 Europe Tour Dates - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #91
SmoothRider[PL]
MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2015 Europe Tour Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pay41whatyouget View Post
I was thinking about traveling to Europe from Wisconsin in the fall, this all but confirmed it. Which 3 shows should I attend/ best venues/countries to visit?
Maybe I'm biased, but Poland sounds OK. Maybe not the best venue, but this is the first show ever, so they: 1. play some shitty single songs (check Dublin 2007) and a standard show or 2. will kick our asses like crazy! + it's the cheapest stop on the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingBobbies View Post
I cannot believe these prices!! How many Polish people will actually make this show at that rate?

However, If you live in Germany or England or pretty much anywhere in Europe and want to do an extra show for cheap (when factoring in hotels, drinks, etc) this is the clear choice..
Idk, I'm worried about it to be honest. It's a lot of cash. On the other hand - we've had a lot of artists with MUCH expensive tickets and these shows were like sold out, so.... We'll see.
And about the bolded. + Gdańsk is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Willem View Post
Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris will get you a nice taste of Europe and it will give you variation in venues...

But it's tempting to go to Italy...
True to bolded, check my Polish option above though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingBobbies View Post
Zurich is awesome.. I went there in the summer 2 years ago. There is an abundance of awesome swiss destinations within 1-2 hours. If it was me I would do Zurich and Italy stops .. and Poland! and everywhere.
Good choice!

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #92
    #41Tom

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I'm gonna hit seven shows hopefully this time. Dusseldorf, Brussels and Amsterdam, and then all the UK ones.

Quote:
    I was thinking about traveling to Europe from Wisconsin in the fall, this all but confirmed it. Which 3 shows should I attend/ best venues/countries to visit?
    I would suggest Amsterdam, Brussels (or a German one, probably Dusseldorf) and London.
    And the end of the world."
    #41Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #93
    SpotlightEyes
    Life is so peachy

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I guarantee that somehow, the same crew of awful bros will still be 90% of the crowd in Abu Dhabi.
    Old 02-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #94
    mannotcaring

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmb417 View Post
    FINALLY!!! My only show seen has been Vienna, 2010!

I'm from Croatia, so I'm guessing Germany or Italy would be the cheapest choice... How were the '10 Germany concerts? (I'm not too crazy about Lucca)
    I was in Vienna as well and the day after in Munich. Overall Munich was much better. the venue is pretty small (feels like a warehouse if it isn't one actually) and it gets very hot in there. so the atmosphere was really intense. The band seemed to enjoy it a lot too. They even came out a third time and played watchtower if i remember correctly. Definitely preferred it over Vienna, where the sound quality just sucked balls.
    Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #95
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post
    I guarantee that somehow, the same crew of awful bros will still be 90% of the crowd in Abu Dhabi.
    #dMb عائلة signs will be abundant
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #96
    #41Tom

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mannotcaring View Post
    I was in Vienna as well and the day after in Munich. Overall Munich was much better. the venue is pretty small (feels like a warehouse if it isn't one actually) and it gets very hot in there. so the atmosphere was really intense. The band seemed to enjoy it a lot too. They even came out a third time and played watchtower if i remember correctly. Definitely preferred it over Vienna, where the sound quality just sucked balls.
    How big in numbers are those venues?
    Old 02-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #97
    crashintonickdm
    Watching the wheels

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

i bet these sets are going to be so vanilla.
    crashintonickdm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #98
    pantagampa

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
    i bet these sets are going to be so vanilla.
    The European sets in 2010 were so ready salted
    Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #99
    trippinbillee

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

The wife and I were planning a trip to Ireland in the fall and hadn't made up our minds yet on when exactly to go. I think now we know.
    trippinbillee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #100
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FeelingGood View Post
    So they have 71 shows lined up for this year. No new music (that we know about) and riding the coattails of twosets. Happy for the European's who don't get to see them much, but it sounds like 2015 is going to be a long marathon. I don't get it, unless it's some sort of money grab at the end of their careers.
    First, 2016 is the bands 25th anniversary. There is a 0% a band who has never taken a break will all of a sudden just retire a year before that. They will tour like normal in 2016.

Second, there is a very strong chance we get a new album sometime this calendar year. They usually only go to Europe if they are promoting.

Third, they are a business, everything they do is to make money. That's the point. They are worth hundreds of millions and have a strong fan base who will readily purchase anything the release from their extensive vault. The only reason(s) they tour are they still enjoy it, and still make tons of money. When one or both isn't true anymore they will stop. There is no reason to go to Europe as a last chance "cash grab at the end of their career"
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #101
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontdrink36 View Post
    First, 2016 is the bands 25th anniversary. There is a 0% a band who has never taken a break will all of a sudden just retire a year before that. They will tour like normal in 2016.

Second, there is a very strong chance we get a new album sometime this calendar year. They usually only go to Europe if they are promoting.

Third, they are a business, everything they do is to make money. That's the point. They are worth hundreds of millions and have a strong fan base who will readily purchase anything the release from their extensive vault. The only reason(s) they tour are they still enjoy it, and still make tons of money. When one or both isn't true anymore they will stop. There is no reason to go to Europe as a last chance "cash grab at the end of their career"
    Ok, fair enough, they could announce an album this year and it would all make sense. I haven't been following the rumors lately, but my guess is the well's been dry. Haven't seen a significant album rumor top this board lately. I understand the business aspect, but they're multi-millionaires and those types typically don't work themselves into the ground. Three month run, a month off, last leg of the US tour during September, three weeks off, then 6-7 weeks overseas. Just seems like a lot of shows to me over a 6 month period. Cash grab comment was a bit of a troll. At a point where many are suggesting they might slow down, play smaller venues, etc. they come out with 71 shows. Main concern is burnout. Do you want your favorite band to get burnt out on playing gigs? I don't. Play less shows. Play cooler/smaller venues. Vary sets more.
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #102
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ok, fair enough, they could announce an album this year and it would all make sense. I haven't been following the rumors lately, but my guess is the well's been dry. Haven't seen a significant album rumor top this board lately. I understand the business aspect, but they're multi-millionaires and those types typically don't work themselves into the ground. Three month run, a month off, last leg of the US tour during September, three weeks off, then 6-7 weeks overseas. Just seems like a lot of shows to me over a 6 month period. Cash grab comment was a bit of a troll. At a point where many are suggesting they might slow down, play smaller venues, etc. they come out with 71 shows. Main concern is burnout. Do you want your favorite band to get burnt out on playing gigs? I don't. Play less shows. Play cooler/smaller venues. Vary sets more.
    I agree about the burn out part. I just don't understand the clamouring this board has for smaller venues. In reality, all it would do is make tickets more expensive and harder to find. The douchiness of DMB crowds wouldn't dissipate. The D&T shows are a perfect example. The sets wouldn't magically become more varied, Dave does what he wants. Smaller venues wouldn't alleviate the problems, it would concentrate them.

This isn't intended at you in particular, just me venting at the small venue idea in general.
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #103
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I agree about the burn out part. I just don't understand the clamouring this board has for smaller venues. In reality, all it would do is make tickets more expensive and harder to find. The douchiness of DMB crowds wouldn't dissipate. The D&T shows are a perfect example. The sets wouldn't magically become more varied, Dave does what he wants. Smaller venues wouldn't alleviate the problems, it would concentrate them.

Exactly... it would just be richer/luckier douches

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #104
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This isn't intended at you in particular, just me venting at the small venue idea in general.
    That explains me going to Tuscaloosa and you going to Charlotte. I was thinking about Deer Creek too, but decided to cut back this year.
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #105
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That explains me going to Tuscaloosa and you going to Charlotte. I was thinking about Deer Creek too, but decided to cut back this year.
    If Tuscaloosa were a weekend I'd be there. As a teacher, the last week of school is impossible to get off. I love Pelham, small venues can be cool as an occasional show. If they toured exclusively in venues That size it would be a massive headache.
    Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #106
    FeelingGood
    Much better now....

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If Tuscaloosa were a weekend I'd be there. As a teacher, the last week of school is impossible to get off. I love Pelham, small venues can be cool as an occasional show. If they toured exclusively in venues That size it would be a massive headache.
    I hear ya my friend.
    Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #107
    Cami

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by #41Tom View Post
    I'm gonna hit seven shows hopefully this time. Dusseldorf, Brussels and Amsterdam, and then all the UK ones.
    I was wondering which ones you were gonna do...
    Should be going to Manchester solo, and was thinking of going early to the venue to try and catch the guys and get some pics / autographs.
    I believe you did that for Brixton, what sort of time were you there from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Cami is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #108
    #41Tom

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cami View Post
    I was wondering which ones you were gonna do...
    Should be going to Manchester solo, and was thinking of going early to the venue to try and catch the guys and get some pics / autographs.
    I believe you did that for Brixton, what sort of time were you there from, if you don't mind me asking?
    hahaha. this is getting me excited. micro-plans being sorted already, i love it!

i was there from about 12pm, the band turned up around 1-3, and the same time for the Wolverhampton gig the week after. Dave did autographs both times, the others varied. Boyd and Rashawn came out at Brixton (Rashawn was gonna let my friend blow his trumpet [make of that what you will]), Jeff and Fonz came out at Wolverhampton, and we didn't see Tim or Carter at either.

i'm very happy they're giving Wolverhampton a miss this time, the venue was pants organizationally!
    Old 02-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #109
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

My Tour Central Stats

..... pants?

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #110
    acstalker

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Pants it may have been but it was a half full venue (capacity 3000) which made it kinda intimate. Plus it was one of the better setlists of that tour (check out Glasgow by comparison). Oh, and the weather was great (80's) which is a little unusual in the Black Country.

Will do the O2 this time (but I expect they will have to curtain off the upper sections as they did in 2010 - no chance of filling that venue) plus maybe Copenhagen/Manchester/Glasgow.
    13 May 06 - Birmingham (DM); 24 Feb 07 - Glasgow (D&T); 23 May 07 - Dublin; 5 July 08 - Rothbury, Michigan; 25 June 09 - Brixton, London; 28 June 09 - Hyde Park, London; 29 June 09 - Wolverhampton; 6 March 10 - O2, London; 12 March 10 - Birmingham; 15 Mar 10 - Stockholm; 12+13 Nov 10 - MSG; 7 Nov 15 - O2, London; 20 Mar 17 - Hammersmith, London (D+T)
    acstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #111
    Cami

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hahaha. this is getting me excited. micro-plans being sorted already, i love it!

i was there from about 12pm, the band turned up around 1-3, and the same time for the Wolverhampton gig the week after. Dave did autographs both times, the others varied. Boyd and Rashawn came out at Brixton (Rashawn was gonna let my friend blow his trumpet [make of that what you will]), Jeff and Fonz came out at Wolverhampton, and we didn't see Tim or Carter at either.

i'm very happy they're giving Wolverhampton a miss this time, the venue was pants organizationally!
    I'll try to be there around 12, and see how it goes...

Very excited about the whole thing, shame it's still 8 months + away!!
    Cami is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #112
    pay41whatyouget

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

If my buddy and I make the trip from the states are any of the ants down to meet up and have a good good time?
    pay41whatyouget is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #113
    flutterby

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
    ..... pants?
    Must be a UK thing. Thought it was a typo until the reply was "Pants it may be..."

Enlighten us Yanks over here...WTF is pants?
    Old 02-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #114
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

I think it means that something sucks.

As in: Stand Up is pants.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #115
    dmb417

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mannotcaring View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit bummed by the show... My ONLY wish was to hear Two Step live (which I didn't think was a Laststopy kind of wish) and they cut it from the setlist!

The sound was great from where I was standing, though, don't know what you're talking about...
    dmb417 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #116
    #41Tom

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    I think it means that something sucks.
    As in: Stand Up is pants.
    Yes it does.

Quote:
    If my buddy and I make the trip from the states are any of the ants down to meet up and have a good good time?
    For sure - where are you thinking? I'm very tempted to (and 90% sure I will) make the Dusseldorf, Brussels and Amsterdam gigs. Would you go to those?? It would be great to have travel buddies - I'd probably be driving from gig to gig, so we could split petrol (cheap!) and road trip!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by acstalker View Post
    Will do the O2 this time (but I expect they will have to curtain off the upper sections as they did in 2010 - no chance of filling that venue) plus maybe Copenhagen/Manchester/Glasgow.
    Nice mix, tempted by Glasgow over Dublin?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cami View Post
    I'll try to be there around 12, and see how it goes...
    Very excited about the whole thing, shame it's still 8 months + away!!
    Well make yourself known - shout "Tom!" and I'll introduce

I love the buzz already!!!
    Old 02-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #117
    pay41whatyouget

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yes it does.

For sure - where are you thinking? I'm very tempted to (and 90% sure I will) make the Dusseldorf, Brussels and Amsterdam gigs. Would you go to those?? It would be great to have travel buddies - I'd probably be driving from gig to gig, so we could split petrol (cheap!) and road trip!

I am working through the details with my buddy this week. Amsterdam will be 1 of 3 stops for us for sure. I will keep you up to date on the rest. Would be great to travel with a few others!
    pay41whatyouget is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #118
    #41Tom

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Amsterdam will be 1 of 3 stops for us for sure.
    Haha i wonder why
    Old 02-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #119
    panini2001
    DMBritain

My Tour Central Stats

Must admit I loved the Wolverhamppton gig. Very small. Will be doing Amsterdam and Manchester definitely and try for London and Glasgow. We must have met Tom pre Wolverhampton as I got to meet Dave and there wasn't that many of us. We're you also at Birmingham? We will defo catch up in Amsterdam
    Old 02-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #120
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotlightEyes View Post

Not sure if serious...