#16- I'm with Coco

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretlysmiling
Okay, I have a fast pass question.

My boyfriend's Mom said I could get one because I'm visually impared and extremely sensitive to the sun. So is it just disabled people that can get them, or can anyone? And if anyone can get them, why did she tell me to tell the park that there are 6 people in my party?

So what are they exactly? And should I feel guilty if I do get one?
Anybody can get a Fastpass. There are Fastpass machines outside the entrance of certain rides and all you need to do is slip your ticket in the machine and then it will spit back your ticket and a Fastpass ticket with two times on them. Those two times are the window in which you can return and go in the Fastpass line and by-pass the stand-by line. Very convenient and very useful.
hoke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #62
    OCMarsh
    OG

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

I went last July. They had record heat. I thought I was going to die.
    OCMarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #63
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle
    What losers.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #64
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

when you get ID'ed, they don't check your ticket, only your real driver's licence.

won't be a problem.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #65
    TwoSteppingAnts
    ankle-biter

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimiThang1
    Too bad they don't have that anymore...
    What!?! That parade with all the flowy costumes and the big clock guy? Oh my god. That is a tragedy. It was so beautiful, it was hands down my favorite parade there. They had the Electric parade, the Mardi Gras parade, but nothing even came close to that one.

That sucks. I'm never going back. Disney World is lame.
    Now and then it's nice to see
    The world-from a different angle.
    TwoSteppingAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #66
    JimiThang1
    hi there

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoSteppingAnts
    What!?! That parade with all the flowy costumes and the big clock guy? Oh my god. That is a tragedy. It was so beautiful, it was hands down my favorite parade there. They had the Electric parade, the Mardi Gras parade, but nothing even came close to that one.

That sucks. I'm never going back. Disney World is lame.
    Those things severely injured alot of the performers who held those things up on their backs, they were a huge liability. I saw on several occassions those things topple over in bad wind conditions. Yea the parade was cool and the music was really catchy but Epcot doesn't need a parade on those paths, they are too narrow and take up too much space that I could be walking on with two yards of Guiness in hand!

Last edited by JimiThang1; 07-06-2006 at 07:45 PM.
    JimiThang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #67
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

From what I've been hearing, Epcot might get a new parade and nighttime show next year as it will be the 25th anniversary of Epcot.
    Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #68
    Rdedeian

Shows Seen: 166

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

I go every March for Braves Spring Training, my parents are in the Disney Vacation Club, always a good time.
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #69
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

Shows Seen: 39

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimiThang1
    Well what you are talking about isn't a "fastpass" but a Guest Assistance Pass. If you do think you need one, stop by your resort guest services or the park guest services on your way in to see about getting one. Depending on what your situation is they will make your pass to meet your requirements. Now this pass may or may not get you to the front of the line for every single attraction though you probably can bypass the line on some. Most of Disney's waiting lines are inside so you can just join the regular line like everyone else. I know the attraction I worked at, people sensitive to the sun like yourself, would just join the regular line because we never had a line outside. Though if we did on a rare occasion, if we did have a special needs guest they just waited in the inside until their party caught up with you. Also, I doubt you will be able to get one to where your whole party will be able to bypass the line since you have such a large group, it just depends. Hopefully that answers some of your questions.
    Thanks it does, though she always said "fastpass", so I don't know.

And I don't think I'd let my whole party use my disability to their advantage. Call me selfish, but I feel guilty for using stuff like that for just me. That, and they seem to be using my disability to their advantage to get lots of things that they normally wouldn't: better hotel room for starters.

I'm only going because well, I want to, and because my boyfriend pretty muched begged me to not let him go with his family alone.
    secretlysmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #70
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoke2007
    Anybody can get a Fastpass. There are Fastpass machines outside the entrance of certain rides and all you need to do is slip your ticket in the machine and then it will spit back your ticket and a Fastpass ticket with two times on them. Those two times are the window in which you can return and go in the Fastpass line and by-pass the stand-by line. Very convenient and very useful.
    Gotcha, boyfriend's mom must have just gotten them confused. Thank you.
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #71
    [DMB]TheGurl
    Is rockin her Tak

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I'd love to go to Disneyworld! Sounds like you need a vacation after it however.

IC
    [DMB]TheGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #72
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Ha, I might!

But hopefully boyfriend and I will be able to stay as far away from his family as possible...
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #73
    handsareme

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I got back from Florida a week ago. We were only there for three days. The first day we went to Kennedy Space Center which was a blast () as the shuttle was on the pad.

The next day we went to Epcot Center, which was alright. I'd say my favorite ride was the one in the ball, the name slips me. It was just so old that it rocked my socks off. My brother, his wife and my uncle and I ate in Mongolia for lunch. Test Track was pretty cool. The techno music in the queue was pretty shitty and annoying. Go on the small water rides in the different countries especially in the late afternoon. It's a nice relaxing time and many of the countries have them. Also, every day that we were there it rained between 3 and 4 pm. Be prepared to take a break in the countries during that time because they close all of the outdoor rides. Don't buy a poncho for $7.50 with Mickey's mug on it, it's not worth it to wear it for a half hour and then carry it around all day.

The day after Epcot, my other uncle and I went to a smaller town, Polk City, and visited a large establishment called Fantasy of Flight. What a great bonding time, two pilots and many rare and vintage planes.

But I am dead serious about the rain. Every day, between 3 and 4, like clockwork.

Enjoy!

Edit: I also forgot to mention that my 92 year old grandma purchased the Epcot Center tix. We were glad she came with us because we used a wheelchair for the day. Wheelchairs are your friend.

Last edited by handsareme; 07-06-2006 at 08:49 PM.
    handsareme is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #74
    orig_20_9-12-04
    sittin at a campfire

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

funny thing, i was just at disney the first week in june and then took the disney cruise, and it was a blast

DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=674
    orig_20_9-12-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #75
    orig_20_9-12-04
    sittin at a campfire

My Tour Central Stats

when we were there, since you are staying at a walt disney resort, remember to use the early openings and late closings of the parks on the particular days that are scheduled, and use the fast pass as much as possible to cut down on waiting in lines and so that you can do/ride all of the rides as possible

Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #76
    orig_20_9-12-04
    sittin at a campfire

My Tour Central Stats

at MGM do the tower of terror, rockin roller coaster, indiana jones set, stunt live show, and the millionaire show where you could win a cruise if you get all of the questions correctly, which happened when we were there

Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #77
    orig_20_9-12-04
    sittin at a campfire

My Tour Central Stats

if you have a camelback bring them, they save you lots on water cuz you can refil them with water in the parks, and pack your own lunch, but since you bought the park lunch passes, which is a rip off in my opinion, you shouldn't have to but if you want snacks and what not.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #78
    hoke2007
    #16- I'm with Coco

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by orig_20_9-12-04
    at MGM do the tower of terror, rockin roller coaster, indiana jones set, stunt live show, and the millionaire show where you could win a cruise if you get all of the questions correctly, which happened when we were there
    Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It! won't be there much longer, so visit it while you can. An yet-to-be-announced attraction replaces it in 2008/2009.
    Old 07-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #79
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by orig_20_9-12-04
    if you have a camelback bring them, they save you lots on water cuz you can refil them with water in the parks, and pack your own lunch, but since you bought the park lunch passes, which is a rip off in my opinion, you shouldn't have to but if you want snacks and what not.
    Trust me, if it were me planning this trip, it would have been a lot different and a lot cheaper. I think we paid for two meals per day and a snack for each day. I'm not exactly sure. It sucks, but there was nothing I could have done about it.

The one good thing is that it keeps the amount of money I have to bring with me quite minimal.
    Old 07-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #80
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

In only a week my boyfriend will be picking me up to go down to his house. We will spend the night there and then get up at the asscrack of dawn to leave for Disney on Saturday.

BF showed me all of his old maps of the park. Its so big and intimidating, but I think I'll be okay. I'm really excited about going around to all the countries.

I think the worst part is going to be riding in a van with 5 other people. Any tips on how to survive that...? Besides lots of drugs?
    Old 07-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #81
    Raven36
    pick me up love

My Tour Central Stats

im going for new years. last night my mom and i finished our little schedule for each day and made our dinner reservations. so exciting!

ummmm.. 5 people isnt bad. im always with 5 people. just relax. sit back. be calm. enjoy the ride. disney world is fabulous. you should be excited about this trip! spending a week in an amazing place with your boyfriend! be excited. youre going to have fun.
    Raven36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #82
    DMBSTL
    Feasting On Asphalt.

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I used to work for the mouse Via the WDW college program, I was there for just over a year. Anything you need to know about the parks, eating, other fun stuff to do, I'd be more than happy to answer questions. Trust me, you're going to have a blast! Just remember to be a kid again, don't go into it like you're too old to do anything. I'm 28, and my Wife and I got Married there two years ago, and we've gone back for our first anniv. (and are planning to go back again) this September. My Favorite ride is and will always be Splash Mountain, and my Wife's favorite is the Winnie The Pooh ride, both at Magic Kingdom. Believe me, your never too old to ride these rides, I've seen Grandma's and Grandpa's have more fun on the Dumbo ride than their Grandkids!
    DMBSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #83
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raven36

ummmm.. 5 people isnt bad. im always with 5 people. just relax. sit back. be calm. enjoy the ride. disney world is fabulous. you should be excited about this trip! spending a week in an amazing place with your boyfriend! be excited. youre going to have fun.
    I guess its just the people... And the trip is 20 hours I believe. Depends on how fast the bf's stepdad drives.

I'll take dramamine.
    Old 07-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #84
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBSTL
    I used to work for the mouse Via the WDW college program, I was there for just over a year. Anything you need to know about the parks, eating, other fun stuff to do, I'd be more than happy to answer questions. Trust me, you're going to have a blast! Just remember to be a kid again, don't go into it like you're too old to do anything. I'm 28, and my Wife and I got Married there two years ago, and we've gone back for our first anniv. (and are planning to go back again) this September. My Favorite ride is and will always be Splash Mountain, and my Wife's favorite is the Winnie The Pooh ride, both at Magic Kingdom. Believe me, your never too old to ride these rides, I've seen Grandma's and Grandpa's have more fun on the Dumbo ride than their Grandkids!
    Oh, I am definitely looking forward to the park and being there with my boyfriend. We're going to do the cheesy romantic thing and get our picture taken in front of the castle. I'm going to take pictures of everything and get all the characters autographs. And I will go on all the rides, unless they go upside down, because I'm just not a "thrill ride" person.

I made this thread because I've never been before, and its very overwhelming to look at the maps and have bf's family constantly harping on me what to bring and not bring, so I thought I'd ask completely unbiased people who don't know me.
    Old 07-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #85
    dancergirl40ky
    Tip Toeing In

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Its all fun, just go with the flow and enjoy.
    Old 07-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #86
    handsareme

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think the worst part is going to be riding in a van with 5 other people. Any tips on how to survive that...? Besides lots of drugs?
    Try seven people...
    Old 07-15-2006, 07:42 AM   #87
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by handsareme
    Try seven people...
    That's when I'd be like "I'm gonna fly down and meet ya there."

I don't do well on long car rides or in big crowds.
    Old 07-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #88
    handsareme

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's when I'd be like "I'm gonna fly down and meet ya there."

I don't do well on long car rides or in big crowds.
    I offered to fly down to Florida myself, seeming as I have the appropriate license but the parents didn't really want to pay for that. Damn. Their loss.
    Old 07-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #89
    LovingWings4DMB
    Crazy-Easy? Please?

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

I am heading down to Disney at the end of August. I found a "thing" that dIsney is doing where you can get free food (yes FREE) anywhere in Disney World as long as you buy ONE park pass. So.. I went down in November..didn't use all my passes so I have 2 days left over...and I bought one for this trip. We are going for 5 days and I only bought one park pass and will be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner for free for 5 days. Now thats a deal.
    Old 07-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #90
    secretlysmiling
    Hi, my name is Megan

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LovingWings4DMB
    I am heading down to Disney at the end of August. I found a "thing" that dIsney is doing where you can get free food (yes FREE) anywhere in Disney World as long as you buy ONE park pass. So.. I went down in November..didn't use all my passes so I have 2 days left over...and I bought one for this trip. We are going for 5 days and I only bought one park pass and will be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner for free for 5 days. Now thats a deal.
    Way to go, Marissa.