***Cricket Pavillion 2009 Thread*** - Page 75 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #2221
dMbSuNdEvL9
Former Zamboni Driver

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Cricket Pavillion 2009 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes101190 View Post
my favorite thread on this entire site, how is everybody handling the summer heat in the desert? I'm in wet and rainy Florida right now ready to head up to Alpine next week!
Dude, my computer and car dash both say 118.
dMbSuNdEvL9 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #2222
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dMbSuNdEvL9 View Post
    Dude, my computer and car dash both say 118.
    You must be driving in the shade then. Its ridiculous here. I keep telling my wife we're going to move to Portland, Maine. She's not listening yet.
    davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #2223
    WaltzingBack

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davet7462 View Post
    For any Phoenicians who care - rumored Phish Date at Cricket Pavilion - October 26th.
    holy shit i hope that's true. i'd so be there!

Quote:
    my favorite thread on this entire site, how is everybody handling the summer heat in the desert? I'm in wet and rainy Florida right now ready to head up to Alpine next week!
    i miss this thread the heat's not killing me yet. i'm kind of used to it by now. you're going to alpine??? that's sweet congratulations!!
    WaltzingBack is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #2224
    canes101190
    No Worries

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WaltzingBack View Post
    i miss this thread the heat's not killing me yet. i'm kind of used to it by now. you're going to alpine??? that's sweet congratulations!!
    All thanks to davet of course, I can't wait to go, Alpine N1 will be my 10th show so it's gotta be a special one right?

How's everything going with school? I ended up transferring to Clemson so I won't be at ASU next year. Is that where you're going?

I listen to the Phoenix show everyday, Rye Whiskey is one of the best Dave solo versions I've ever heard. The crowd's reaction when they break into Tripping Billies is unreal too, aside from the "HALLOWEEN!!" assholes and that one guy who yells for Stand Up it's my favorite show to listen to.
    canes101190 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #2225
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    All thanks to davet of course, I can't wait to go, Alpine N1 will be my 10th show so it's gotta be a special one right?

How's everything going with school? I ended up transferring to Clemson so I won't be at ASU next year. Is that where you're going?

I listen to the Phoenix show everyday, Rye Whiskey is one of the best Dave solo versions I've ever heard. The crowd's reaction when they break into Tripping Billies is unreal too, aside from the "HALLOWEEN!!" assholes and that one guy who yells for Stand Up it's my favorite show to listen to.
    wow davet is such a fucking awesome guy! he's really hooked us Phoenix fans up. i'm assuming you won that contest he had posted?

yeah i'm going to ASU in the fall. i actually just realized today that i haven't gotten my parking permit yet and it's most likely too late at this point but it's worth a shot. i've been so busy with work lately i completely forgot that i'm gonna be going to school first haha. Clemson, is that on the east coast? what made you decide on that?

and yeah Phoenix is my favorite show to listen to also because of the incredible performances. i'm also listening to Vegas a lot because of the awesome quality and incredible memories

Last edited by WaltzingBack; 07-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    Old 07-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #2226
    20TwoStep
    Ummmmm.......DMB

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I know Portland ME very well as I grew up near by. You won't have to worry about the the heat there. One benefit is that you have lots of different venues close by to see many shows.

Quote:
    You must be driving in the shade then. Its ridiculous here. I keep telling my wife we're going to move to Portland, Maine. She's not listening yet.
    Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #2227
    candyrella81
    candy and fresh snow

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Were can I get a copy of the show?! I was there and it was SICK
    candyrella81 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #2228
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 20TwoStep View Post
    I know Portland ME very well as I grew up near by. You won't have to worry about the the heat there. One benefit is that you have lots of different venues close by to see many shows.
    I'd love to move up there. But alas - I think I'm stuck here in the desert for awhile.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by candyrella81 View Post
    Were can I get a copy of the show?! I was there and it was SICK
    You can check dreamingtree.org. Or feel free to PM me your address and I can burn a copy onto CD for you.
    Old 07-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #2229
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd love to move up there. But alas - I think I'm stuck here in the desert for awhile.

You can check dreamingtree.org. Or feel free to PM me your address and I can burn a copy onto CD for you.
    how you been Dave? i don't seeya in the Chula thread anymore. you're probably so stoked for Alpine, you completely forgot about Chula.. rightfully so. you're so lucky you're going to Alpine. once Alpine is over, let us Chula people know how it was, we really wanna hear about it and get jealous

hope all is well.
    Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #2230
    canes101190
    No Worries

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Good call on Farm Aid in St. Louis. Are you gonna go?
    Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #2231
    davet7462
    AM.org Twitter User

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    how you been Dave? i don't seeya in the Chula thread anymore. you're probably so stoked for Alpine, you completely forgot about Chula.. rightfully so. you're so lucky you're going to Alpine. once Alpine is over, let us Chula people know how it was, we really wanna hear about it and get jealous

hope all is well.
    There's a Chula thread?

Yeah - we leave for Alpine in 10 hours - and to be honest with you - not excited at all. Work is just kicking the crap out of me and I haven't even been able to think about going - much less get excited about it. Just too much work stress right now. Hopefully once we get there - that'll change. I'm sure it'll be a great weekend - but right now the gray cloud of work just envelops me.

Still planning on going to Chula. But if I haven't much thought about Alpine yet - you can bet I've put zero planning into Chula (other than the hotel - which was booked months ago).

Hope life is treating you well - getting ready for ASU? Just hope this heat isn't melting you.

Quote:
    Good call on Farm Aid in St. Louis. Are you gonna go?
    Would like to go - but many things will keep me away. My wife is expecting her first grandkid about that time - her parents are coming out to stay with us - and depending on the $/Job thing - will probably try to drive out to San Diego for the PJ show on the 9th. But I'm going to be slightly pissed if GPN shows up on the Farm Aid list. She's pissing me off by not coming to Arizona (though - really - who the hell can blame her).

But on the happy side - going to my first Tool concert the day after we get back from Alpine. Never seen 'em - but I hear they put on a great show. Plus - that Maynard dude makes good wine.

Last edited by davet7462; 07-17-2009 at 08:14 AM.
    Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #2232
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There's a Chula thread?

Yeah - we leave for Alpine in 10 hours - and to be honest with you - not excited at all. Work is just kicking the crap out of me and I haven't even been able to think about going - much less get excited about it. Just too much work stress right now. Hopefully once we get there - that'll change. I'm sure it'll be a great weekend - but right now the gray cloud of work just envelops me.

Still planning on going to Chula. But if I haven't much thought about Alpine yet - you can bet I've put zero planning into Chula (other than the hotel - which was booked months ago).

Hope life is treating you well - getting ready for ASU? Just hope this heat isn't melting you.

yeah there is a Chula thread, the one you created people post there once in a while but not very often. they're not as enthused as the posters on this thread were a couple months before the show. glad you're still planning to go to the show.

you're gonna have a great time at Alpine, don't worry about work. when you're old and you look back on your life, you're not gonna remember that work gave you a hard time, you're gonna remember the DMB 2-night stand at Alpine and you'll be so glad you went. once you get there, you'll completely forget that you even have a job. no worries, man.

yeah i'm getting ready for ASU i guess. i'm loving summer so much that i actually forget i'm going to school soon. i'm excited but i'd love a longer summer. the weather's not melting me too much yet. it's usually around August-September when i start getting sick of it. but right now, i can deal.

have an AWESOME time at ALPINE!!!!!
    Old 07-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #2233
    dMbSuNdEvL9
    Former Zamboni Driver

My Tour Central Stats

Thought the Arizona DMB crew might enjoy this..... last set posted on nancies.org

http://www.nancies.org/tour/
    Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #2234
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dMbSuNdEvL9 View Post
    Thought the Arizona DMB crew might enjoy this..... last set posted on nancies.org

http://www.nancies.org/tour/
    that was such a great show. my first, actually
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #2235
    skaman343
    I love big brother

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Yay, the thread is back, thought I missed it cause I haven't been in this part for a while. This was such a great show. I miss you all. *crossing fingers for Chula*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bafugama View Post
    He could be stirring the pot of rock.
    skaman343 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #2236
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skaman343 View Post
    Yay, the thread is back, thought I missed it cause I haven't been in this part for a while. This was such a great show. I miss you all. *crossing fingers for Chula*
    amen to everything you said. i'm hoping Chula is incredible.
    Old 07-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #2237
    skaman343
    I love big brother

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    amen to everything you said. i'm hoping Chula is incredible.
    Me too. Just talked the wife into it. Going to buy tickets in the next week or so once we figure out if anyone is going to go with us or not.
    Quote:
    Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #2238
    canes101190
    No Worries

My Tour Central Stats

This thread is awesome, hope everybody is doing well. Ready for my Tampa/WPB run coming up soon, it's been a hell of a summer and it's gotta end on the right note. One more show in Little Rock in September to close it all out. Stay out of the heat Phoenix!
    Old 07-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #2239
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

how was your Alpine experience, canes & dave?
    Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #2240
    canes101190
    No Worries

My Tour Central Stats

Alpine is similar to Disney World (or Disneyland for you west coasters ) for DMB fans. The place is truly magical and quite frankly, where your DMB dreams come true. N1 was a bit of a letdown but I was on such a high for even being in that crowd that the lackluster set didn't effect me too much. Smooth Rider and Bayou weren't the letdowns either, granted they were shockers but you can't let 2 songs ruin an entire night. I can honestly say I've never seen them so out of it and just out of sync, they looked dead up there and every song, even Nancies just seemed all too routine. Ants was really crazy though and I think that woke them up, they went up to 7 hits on the end jam there, Carter was having some fun with it too.

Night 2 was absolutely unreal, I still to this day can't fully put it into words. What happened there can only be explained by the tapes, and the crowd. From the opening chords of Proudest Monkey to the last wail on Halloween, the place was alive. I felt like that was the true Alpine experience and it only made me wonder what it must've been like in 08 when they put on the top 2 best shows of the entire tour, and not just one great night. Night 2, best show I've ever seen bar none, best crowd I've ever seen, and I'll be back next year. Who's with me?

Here is a more in-depth review I posted in the other forum, just in case you want an entire recap of the whole weekend.
    http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259620
    Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #2241
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alpine is similar to Disney World (or Disneyland for you west coasters ) for DMB fans. The place is truly magical and quite frankly, where your DMB dreams come true. N1 was a bit of a letdown but I was on such a high for even being in that crowd that the lackluster set didn't effect me too much. Smooth Rider and Bayou weren't the letdowns either, granted they were shockers but you can't let 2 songs ruin an entire night. I can honestly say I've never seen them so out of it and just out of sync, they looked dead up there and every song, even Nancies just seemed all too routine. Ants was really crazy though and I think that woke them up, they went up to 7 hits on the end jam there, Carter was having some fun with it too.

Night 2 was absolutely unreal, I still to this day can't fully put it into words. What happened there can only be explained by the tapes, and the crowd. From the opening chords of Proudest Monkey to the last wail on Halloween, the place was alive. I felt like that was the true Alpine experience and it only made me wonder what it must've been like in 08 when they put on the top 2 best shows of the entire tour, and not just one great night. Night 2, best show I've ever seen bar none, best crowd I've ever seen, and I'll be back next year. Who's with me?

Here is a more in-depth review I posted in the other forum, just in case you want an entire recap of the whole weekend.
    http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259620
    i'm definitely going to either SPAC or Alpine next year, i'm not sure which. i'll just have to wait a while until they announce next year's dates and plan accordingly. if we both end up going to Alpine next year, we should meet up. i'll most likely go alone since none of my friends would travel to either Wisconsin or New York for a concert time will tell what will happen.
    Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2242
    skaman343
    I love big brother

My Tour Central Stats

So is pretty much everyone in this thread going to Chula?
    Quote:
    Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #2243
    dMbSuNdEvL9
    Former Zamboni Driver

My Tour Central Stats

My g/f and I plan to be there......plan being the operative word.
    Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #2244
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

i wrote an e-mail to Betty from Phish Inc. asking about a Phoenix show and she said, "There is no show in Phoenix planned for this summer. Thanks for writing!"

so there goes that
    Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #2245
    canes101190
    No Worries

My Tour Central Stats

DDTW/Two Step last night reminded me of our show in 08. Still the best encore I've ever seen, although DDTW/Watchtower was damn good in itself this year. My first Watchtower as well.
    Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #2246
    joshizzle3
    dj general

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

anyone seeing Umphrey's at Rialto next month?
    joshizzle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #2247
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    DDTW/Two Step last night reminded me of our show in 08. Still the best encore I've ever seen, although DDTW/Watchtower was damn good in itself this year. My first Watchtower as well.
    good times
    Old 09-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #2248
    joshizzle3
    dj general

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

okay it's a longshot... but anyone going to Umphrey's tonight?
    joshizzle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #2249
    WaltzingBack

My Tour Central Stats

nope, not me
    Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #2250
    canes101190
    No Worries

My Tour Central Stats

Not many things make me happier to see that this thread was given life again. Hope everyone is doing well out in Phoenix. I just started stocking up for the DMB offseason today by downloading alot of the shows recently. It's almost time for tour season, one more show in Little Rock and then it's goodbye to DMB until 2010. I'm going to try to make it out to the Phoenix show next year just for old times sake. Hopefully the dates work out, but if they don't, I'll see you all at the Gorge.

Tags
    cricket , spring 2009