***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 435 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #13021
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Bayern look very dominate right now, and they should advance to the next round after yesterdays beat down. They always in the conversation and Ancelotti has experience winning the UCL with both Milan and Real Madrid. As for Barca, I would not count them out, yet. This is a team with tons of fire power and have dug themselves out of holes in the past. That will be a fun second leg to watch.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-16-2017, 10:26 AM   #13022
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Bayern look very dominate right now, and they should advance to the next round after yesterdays beat down. They always in the conversation and Ancelotti has experience winning the UCL with both Milan and Real Madrid. As for Barca, I would not count them out, yet. This is a team with tons of fire power and have dug themselves out of holes in the past. That will be a fun second leg to watch.
    I don't believe anyone has ever dug out of a 4-0 deficit in European Cup/Champions League history.

As for Bayern, they have not been the total dominant team they normally are int the Bundesliga this season. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #13023
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    I don't believe anyone has ever dug out of a 4-0 deficit in European Cup/Champions League history.

As for Bayern, they have not been the total dominant team they normally are int the Bundesliga this season. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    You are probably right on the 4-0 deficit for Barca. I am saying with that firepower, I can't write them off completely yet. Plus, PSG has never had the best of luck in the UCL. They have been knocked out in the Quarters the past 4 years.

For Bayern, the last two years they have won the Bundesliga by 10 points, after winning the previous 2 before that by near 20 points. This season, they have a lead of 7 points so far. So while not dominate, it is similar to the last two seasons.
    Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #13024
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You are probably right on the 4-0 deficit for Barca. I am saying with that firepower, I can't write them off completely yet. Plus, PSG has never had the best of luck in the UCL. They have been knocked out in the Quarters the past 4 years.

For Bayern, the last two years they have won the Bundesliga by 10 points, after winning the previous 2 before that by near 20 points. This season, they have a lead of 7 points so far. So while not dominate, it is similar to the last two seasons.
    Very true. I am mostly talking about what I have seen from watching them weekly. Their form is not nearly as positive has it has been recently. I am not sure the system they play fits best with the squad they have. That said, they are a team full of world class talent from top to bottom. That is always going to lift them to the top of the table there. Especially with the rest of the Bundesliga being unable to hold talent like Bayern can.
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #13025
    panini2001
    DMBritain

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    at Arsenal. They must hate Bayern so much.

Anyone think that Bayern are now the favorites? I feel like Real is under powered and under-performing, Barca would need a miraculous night, and PSG is good but I don't see them being Bayern good.
    If any team can pull off a shock its Barca however its an extremely tall order. PSG still relatively 'new' as a force so not as experienced as some of the other 'big guns' anything can happen. I still fancy Leicester City. Preposterous maybe.
    Old 02-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #13026
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panini2001 View Post
    If any team can pull off a shock its Barca however its an extremely tall order. PSG still relatively 'new' as a force so not as experienced as some of the other 'big guns' anything can happen. I still fancy Leicester City. Preposterous maybe.
    IMO, Leicester City winning the UCL would be a bigger story the when they won the EPL last season. Especially given how bad they have been in the EPL this season, and may very well be relegated.
    Old 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #13027
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    IMO, Leicester City winning the UCL would be a bigger story the when they won the EPL last season. Especially given how bad they have been in the EPL this season, and may very well be relegated.
    That would be bigger than the EPL and it's not even close. I would laugh at the thought of Leicester winning the Champions League but that's what I did exactly a year ago.
    Old 02-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #13028
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

United get past Blackburn and their reward... an away match at Chelsea in the next round. That game will be sandwiched between the round of 16 Europa games too.
    Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #13029
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    United get past Blackburn and their reward... an away match at Chelsea in the next round. That game will be sandwiched between the round of 16 Europa games too.
    Time to play like a big time World Class club!
    Old 02-20-2017, 06:11 AM   #13030
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

If Leicester win the UCL, they will make movies about that team's story. It would be the best sports story in history.
    Old 02-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #13031
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Those were some pretty entertaining UCL games today. Was really hoping Chity would just keep being Chity, but alas Monaco out-Chity-ed them on defense and lost the match. See if the return leg can live up to the first.
    Old 02-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #13032
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Solid away effort and efficient 1-0 win for United today. Didn't like seeing Mkhitaryan limp off. Hopefully the injury is nothing too serious. Bailly with a dumb second booking, so he will be lost for the first leg of the next round. I like his intensity, but he needs to learn to control himself. You don't need to be getting booked 50 yards from goal.
    Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #13033
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Solid away effort and efficient 1-0 win for United today. Didn't like seeing Mkhitaryan limp off. Hopefully the injury is nothing too serious. Bailly with a dumb second booking, so he will be lost for the first leg of the next round. I like his intensity, but he needs to learn to control himself. You don't need to be getting booked 50 yards from goal.
    Didn't like to read about his injury either. United seemed to handle this round the way they should for once though.

Also, Rooney rumors are starting to die down with the most recent reports saying that he will most likely stay until summer at least.
    Old 02-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #13034
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Didn't like to read about his injury either. United seemed to handle this round the way they should for once though.
    Looks like both Carrick and Mkhitaryan will be out of the EFL Cup final on the weekend. I will say, with each sub for today not being done for any other reason then injury or red card, Jose still managed to get in the right players on the pitch.

Quote:
    Also, Rooney rumors are starting to die down with the most recent reports saying that he will most likely stay until summer at least.
    Makes the most sense. I am sure Rooney will love to go out with more silverware with United, then find that final big payday elsewhere. Plus, United's schedule isn't going to clear up any time soon, opportunities will arise. Already rescheduling 2 Prem games, with the next round of Europa and FA just a few weeks away. What a great story if he comes on and gets a winner along the way. All about padding the legacy at this point.
    Old 02-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #13035
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester today. While the results speak for themselves, have to say I am a little shocked, especially with a return UCL leg in 2 weeks. He guides them to an unlikely EPL title last season, then loses a key piece in Kante over the summer and they have no replacement brought in. Couple that with the champions hangover and either players underachieving or playing more to their level, and this is the end result. I am sure the board is looking more the possible relegation then anything and a potential lose of massive revenue that would come with that drop.

For replacements... Pardew? Mancini? Hiddink?
    Old 02-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #13036
    panini2001
    DMBritain

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester today. While the results speak for themselves, have to say I am a little shocked, especially with a return UCL leg in 2 weeks. He guides them to an unlikely EPL title last season, then loses a key piece in Kante over the summer and they have no replacement brought in. Couple that with the champions hangover and either players underachieving or playing more to their level, and this is the end result. I am sure the board is looking more the possible relegation then anything and a potential lose of massive revenue that would come with that drop. <br

<br>
    For replacements... Pardew? Mancini? Hiddink?
    It's an absolute disgrace to be honest.
    panini2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #13037
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

yeah what a shitshow.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #13038
    Nick_United

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Leicester City officially in the relegation zone. Unbelievable. I mean, obviously, winning the title last season was unpredictable but to now be at risk of being relegated? I never saw that coming. I felt like eighth-tenth was very achievable for a team with Vardy & Mahrez leading the way.
    Nick_United is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #13039
    mrignatious

My Tour Central Stats

CR himself said before the season his goal was to not get relegated, I think it's clear he knew the challenges the club would face this season.

That said I'm surprised they didn't give him a chance against Sevilla at home.
    mrignatious is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #13040
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Bayern game was crazy to watch today. Bayern are amazing and are my favorites to win the CL. 8-0!!
    Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #13041
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Can we talk MLS in here? Finally got a team. Atlanta United! First game this Sunday let's go fucking gooooooo!
    Old 02-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #13042
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

My Tour Central Stats

Fucking Liverpool.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2017, 10:29 AM   #13043
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Can we talk MLS in here? Finally got a team. Atlanta United! First game this Sunday let's go fucking gooooooo!
    It happens occasionally. Maybe MLS/USA soccer should have its own thread and this one be for the European game.

BTW, the Loons are going to kick your ass. Come on Minnesota!
    Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #13044
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    It happens occasionally. Maybe MLS/USA soccer should have its own thread and this one be for the European game.
    That thread would likely gather as much attention as a WNBA one!

Completely agree that what Leicester did to Ranieri was both petty and unprecedented! Also a smack in the face to Leicester's players and fans.
    Old 03-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #13045
    Nick_United

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    Have been a supporter of Toronto FC since their first season in 2007. Have had to endure some awful seasons but they were runner ups last season. Their Eastern Conference final series against Montreal was awesome.
    Nick_United is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #13046
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nick_United View Post
    Have been a supporter of Toronto FC since their first season in 2007. Have had to endure some awful seasons but they were runner ups last season. Their Eastern Conference final series against Montreal was awesome.
    RBNY supporter here. I used to talk a lot of MLS in this thread, but I stopped going to as many games a few years back. I still like going and watching when I can! Red Bulls are another source of NY fan pain though haha.
    Old 03-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #13047
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Watching the Loons on national TV is pretty surreal. I started going to their games in 2012 when they were the Minnesota Stars and owned by the league (2nd division NASL).
    Old 03-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #13048
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Up the Cherries!
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #13049
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Wow Liverpool was not expecting that
    Old 03-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #13050
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like the top of the table is being split into 2 divisions: Chelsea/Tottenham/City playing for the top 3 and the title; Liverpool/Arsenal/United vying for the last Champions League spot.

Tags
    soccer , uefa