Ghost/Haunting/Freaky Stories - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #61
breckbrew
Not a wook

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Ghost/Haunting/Freaky Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureaqua670 View Post
This isn't a ghost story, but it was pretty freaky and remains one of the only unexplainable things I've ever experienced in my life.

So my 2 friends and I took mushrooms our sophomore year in College and were driving from our school to a nature preserve where we were going to hike around for the day (my sober friend was driving - 3 of us were passengers).

So we stop at an intersection and a Coldplay song comes on the car stereo (can't remember which one). I remember thinking the song was too mellow and depressing for the situation so I say "change the song, this song is too blue man". At this point, the three of us are tripping pretty hard and I suddenly started seeing everything with a slight shade of blue - kind of as if my eyes had a blue lense in front of them (this sort of thing happens to me alot when I trip). It's then that I notice that by coincidence, the four of us are all wearing predominantly blue - blue jeans, blue sweatshirts/shirts, etc. So I say, "guys, this whole place is blue - our clothes, the song, the sky, the road..."

At that point I look outside and see a street sign near the intersection we're stopped at. Note that I 100% did not see this sign or know about it before this. The sign just says "Blue" in totally normal font and coloring - the same as any other street sign. I stop mid-sentence. The sign doesn't even say "Blue Road" or "Blue Street" - just "Blue." I freak out. My sober friend driving sees it can confirms that indeed it just says "Blue" - not a hallucination. It was too much of a coincidence.

I know that story is a bit unbelievable - and I"m sure the fact that I was on mushrooms at the time doesn't give me much credibility. But my sober friend confirmed it and I swear 100% it happened and that I didn't see the sign before talking about "blue." The sign was somewhere in the Roxbury area just outside of Boston. I still to this day wonder if there was something else going on at the time or whether it was just the biggest coincidence ever.
I didn't read the rest, the bolded pretty much explained it.
breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #62
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

best thread
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #63
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smudge1 View Post
    Ok Jake. Time to spill the beans.
    I can't find it, damnit. So I'll try it again.

True story, me and my co-workers Brian and Mark are at O'Charley's drinking (heavily). Brian grew up in Tuscaloosa, and we're recounting all the strange ghost stories that are associated with Tuscaloosa. Just a few days earlier, someone called 911 to report an abandoned Baptist Church was on fire, and there was no fire, but that happens at least once a year because that church burned in the early 1900's and someone sees a ghost fire.

Brian mentions that there is a house, in the back of an abandoned field that is an old manor house from the 1800's, abandoned, and haunted. So, naturally, we are there. In our slightly intoxicated state. And it's 40 degrees, and I'm wearing shorts.

We arrive at the area, a regular housing community on the east side of town, and park. We walk to a dirt road, with houses on the left, and a very large field (5 acres at least) containing horses and cows. As we walk down the path, every yard on our left has a dog, and they are shrieking at us. Throw in the cold and the 20 mph wind, it's pretty unnerving. It was more unnerving that Brian's flashlight stopped working right at that time. As we get half way down the path, the dogs suddenly stop completely. It's eerily quiet. Brian says, 'OK, when we get down here at the end, we need to make a button-hook turn, and it'll be very dark'.

We literally could not see our hands in front of our faces. It was a dirt path that slightly rose. We just followed Brian's voice until we could see the top of some grass as we exited the button hook. At the top of the button hook was a very large field, at least 300 yds. I said, "Um yea, I don't see any house", and like in any good horror movie, the wind kicked up and blew all the 4 ft tall grass flat, and lo and behold, there was a large, plantation looking manor home tucked back in the corner of a small forest.

We followed the path to the home (there was a beaten down trail in the grass), and arrived at the home. It seemed to be in perfect condition, except old and creepy. We noticed the door was ajar, so we creaked it opened, and not 4 feet in front of the door was a pile 3 ft by 2 ft off the ground of holiday cards; Xmas, Easter, Birthday, etc. All personally written and signed, all from the early 1900's to 1920's. It was like someone was standing there reading them, and just dropping them to the ground one after another.

This is where my 'funny guy' gene kicked in. I said, "no way I'm going in that house!" And stayed outside. My friends made fun of me, but what I did was follow them around the house on the outside knocking on the wall, or standing back so my shadow could be seen. I could hear Mark exclaiming "what the fuck was that!" I bring the lulz..

I decided to scare them when they came back out, so I crouched down on the porch, but I could be seen when the moonlight broke thru the clouds (it was a full-moon, of course). So then I went directly opposite the front door into a small wooded area, thinking when they walk out I'll just charge out and watch them defecate themselves. But again, the moonlight was thwarting my plan. Then I went to the tall grass, but every time I crouched down, the wind would howl again, and lay the grass down.

Then I got brave/the alcohol kicked in. I decided to wait in the pitch black button hook for them to walk by. I entered the button hook, and I walked straight ahead until I couldn't see the tall grass, knowing that I'd hear them but not see them. I was there for about 30 seconds when I heard the snap of a twig, as someone stepped on something in the button hook of darkness. Only it came from my left, instead of from my right and in front of me. I just sorta froze and in my mind, in the darkness, I thought I saw something move about 8 feet in front of me from left to right. That's when I decided it was time to stop being funny and maybe find a better spot to hide, like way the fuck away from there.

I hiked it back, by myself, past the howling dogs, to a tree with an overhanging branch that traversed the path. I shimmied up it, and waited for Brian and Mark. The whole way, I could hear Mark cursing my name because he knew I was waiting for him to scare the poo out of him. I remember thinking it was weird that the dogs didn't start howling again until I passed that same point, and it did the same for Brian and Mark. And it was also weird that Brian's flashlight seemed to start working again when they passed that point.

As they passed by me, I dropped out of the tree, and Mark just about shit himself, and turned around and tried to beat the fear out of himself with the help of my face. After he calmed down (and Brian stopped laughing), he was standing beside the fence to the field when he heard a rustling. He turned around and a horse was not 6 inches from the back of his head. He jumped a country mile and we ran back to the car and got the f out of there.

They recounted that on the 2nd floor, they found footprints, looked like fresh ones, and they were convinced that it was a ghost with a liking of Nike sneakers.

2 weeks later, I'm at the TV station perusing the AP wire, and the local Alabama news wire. The story that catches my attention is, "escaped mental patient captured in Tuscaloosa". Hmmm.... turns out that a patient at one of the mental institutions in Tuscaloosa (there is more than 1) with a murder under his belt had just walked away one day. And of course he was captured on the road leading to the manor. He had been living in the house for about 3 weeks or so. So yes, I did see something, but it wasn't a ghost; it was just an escaped lunatic.

So that's why I don't doubt the story the guy told of Bryce Hospital, I just think it was probably a crazy person, no reason to be scared
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #64
    Bearclaw_

Shows Seen: 75

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post

True story, me and my co-workers Brian and Mark are at O'Charley's drinking (heavily). Brian grew up in Tuscaloosa, and we're recounting all the strange ghost stories that are associated with Tuscaloosa. Just a few days earlier, someone called 911 to report an abandoned Baptist Church was on fire, and there was no fire, but that happens at least once a year because that church burned in the early 1900's and someone sees a ghost fire.

Brian mentions that there is a house, in the back of an abandoned field that is an old manor house from the 1800's, abandoned, and haunted. So, naturally, we are there. In our slightly intoxicated state. And it's 40 degrees, and I'm wearing shorts.

We arrive at the area, a regular housing community on the east side of town, and park. We walk to a dirt road, with houses on the left, and a very large field (5 acres at least) containing horses and cows. As we walk down the path, every yard on our left has a dog, and they are shrieking at us. Throw in the cold and the 20 mph wind, it's pretty unnerving. It was more unnerving that Brian's flashlight stopped working right at that time. As we get half way down the path, the dogs suddenly stop completely. It's eerily quiet. Brian says, 'OK, when we get down here at the end, we need to make a button-hook turn, and it'll be very dark'.

We literally could not see our hands in front of our faces. It was a dirt path that slightly rose. We just followed Brian's voice until we could see the top of some grass as we exited the button hook. At the top of the button hook was a very large field, at least 300 yds. I said, "Um yea, I don't see any house", and like in any good horror movie, the wind kicked up and blew all the 4 ft tall grass flat, and lo and behold, there was a large, plantation looking manor home tucked back in the corner of a small forest.

We followed the path to the home (there was a beaten down trail in the grass), and arrived at the home. It seemed to be in perfect condition, except old and creepy. We noticed the door was ajar, so we creaked it opened, and not 4 feet in front of the door was a pile 3 ft by 2 ft off the ground of holiday cards; Xmas, Easter, Birthday, etc. All personally written and signed, all from the early 1900's to 1920's. It was like someone was standing there reading them, and just dropping them to the ground one after another.

This is where my 'funny guy' gene kicked in. I said, "no way I'm going in that house!" And stayed outside. My friends made fun of me, but what I did was follow them around the house on the outside knocking on the wall, or standing back so my shadow could be seen. I could hear Mark exclaiming "what the fuck was that!" I bring the lulz..

I decided to scare them when they came back out, so I crouched down on the porch, but I could be seen when the moonlight broke thru the clouds (it was a full-moon, of course). So then I went directly opposite the front door into a small wooded area, thinking when they walk out I'll just charge out and watch them defecate themselves. But again, the moonlight was thwarting my plan. Then I went to the tall grass, but every time I crouched down, the wind would howl again, and lay the grass down.

Then I got brave/the alcohol kicked in. I decided to wait in the pitch black button hook for them to walk by. I entered the button hook, and I walked straight ahead until I couldn't see the tall grass, knowing that I'd hear them but not see them. I was there for about 30 seconds when I heard the snap of a twig, as someone stepped on something in the button hook of darkness. Only it came from my left, instead of from my right and in front of me. I just sorta froze and in my mind, in the darkness, I thought I saw something move about 8 feet in front of me from left to right. That's when I decided it was time to stop being funny and maybe find a better spot to hide, like way the fuck away from there.

I hiked it back, by myself, past the howling dogs, to a tree with an overhanging branch that traversed the path. I shimmied up it, and waited for Brian and Mark. The whole way, I could hear Mark cursing my name because he knew I was waiting for him to scare the poo out of him. I remember thinking it was weird that the dogs didn't start howling again until I passed that same point, and it did the same for Brian and Mark. And it was also weird that Brian's flashlight seemed to start working again when they passed that point.

As they passed by me, I dropped out of the tree, and Mark just about shit himself, and turned around and tried to beat the fear out of himself with the help of my face. After he calmed down (and Brian stopped laughing), he was standing beside the fence to the field when he heard a rustling. He turned around and a horse was not 6 inches from the back of his head. He jumped a country mile and we ran back to the car and got the f out of there.

They recounted that on the 2nd floor, they found footprints, looked like fresh ones, and they were convinced that it was a ghost with a liking of Nike sneakers.

2 weeks later, I'm at the TV station perusing the AP wire, and the local Alabama news wire. The story that catches my attention is, "escaped mental patient captured in Tuscaloosa". Hmmm.... turns out that a patient at one of the mental institutions in Tuscaloosa (there is more than 1) with a murder under his belt had just walked away one day. And of course he was captured on the road leading to the manor. He had been living in the house for about 3 weeks or so. So yes, I did see something, but it wasn't a ghost; it was just an escaped lunatic.

So that's why I don't doubt the story the guy told of Bryce Hospital, I just think it was probably a crazy person, no reason to be scared
    WOW. Fucking creepy knowing that guy was out there.
    Bearclaw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #65
    breckbrew
    Not a wook

My Tour Central Stats

When I was 5 my parents bought a house from an estate - the owner passed away in the living room. One morning my sister and I were eating breakfast in the kitchen (dad had already left for work) when I saw a woman cross the hallway between the living room and the bathroom. I thought it was just my mom, but 2 minutes later my mom came up from the basement into the kitchen. I almost pissed my pants, but didn't really say anything at the time. A while later, i woke up one morning and was just laying in my bed. My one arm was hanging over the side with my hand open. All of a sudden I felt something pressing on my thumb and I watched as my thumb was pushed down into my hand.
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #66
    Bearclaw_

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breckbrew View Post
    When I was 5 my parents bought a house from an estate - the owner passed away in the living room. One morning my sister and I were eating breakfast in the kitchen (dad had already left for work) when I saw a woman cross the hallway between the living room and the bathroom. I thought it was just my mom, but 2 minutes later my mom came up from the basement into the kitchen. I almost pissed my pants, but didn't really say anything at the time. A while later, i woke up one morning and was just laying in my bed. My one arm was hanging over the side with my hand open. All of a sudden I felt something pressing on my thumb and I watched as my thumb was pushed down into my hand.
    ...and then?!?!
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #67
    breckbrew
    Not a wook

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
    ...and then?!?!
    I got the F out of bed!

I never really told my parents about it, I just tried really hard to get them to move to another house. Luckily, after a few years, the house flooded and we were forced to move anyway.

Last edited by breckbrew; 06-09-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #68
    Bearclaw_

My Tour Central Stats

oh.

ic.

cool story.
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #69
    smudge1
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Scary stuff. I've had a similar experience. There was an old man that walked around the county where I grew up as a teenager. We called him the Chicken-Head Eater. You would see him on roads in the middle of nowhere walking with two dogs and a chicken foot hanging around his neck. One night my friends and I decided to go to this abandoned house. We entered in through the basement because the door was open. I held up my Bic lighter to try to find a staircase to the ground floor, it was too dark and we decided to check out the front porch. We walked up on the porch and the front door was cracked open. I pushed open the door and walked into the darkness about 4 feet, then the Chicken-Head Eater reached out and grabbed me by my shoulder and said "what are you doing here?"
    smudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #70
    GLR87
    Play

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I think I've mentioned this somewhere on here before but new thread new deetz..

I created a documentary in college about people who "hunt" ghosts... Basically trying to figure out why they are interested in it and what makes people interested in exploring places that are known to be haunted. Well the majority of my group were skeptics but I was always interested in ghosts and paranormal events.

Well anyway so we went to this 150 year old library in NJ and we met up with the team of ghost hunters who were from South Jersey Ghost Research. They had all types of equipment and recording devices to try to capture something from the investigation. Well wouldn't you know that when we went into the basement of the library one of the most skeptical guys in my group (a college ice hockey player) was touched on the neck twice by something. He was seriously bugged out by the event and it made it into the film. After he was touched the investigators took pictures directly after he claimed to be touched and they found orbs in two separate photos that they didn't believe to be dust because of the size and shape of the orb.

The most impressive thing for me was the feeling I got when they said they could sense a spirit close by. I felt the oddest heavy sensation run through my body when I was filming one of the investigators. It felt like the energy was just being sucked out of the room and it's difficult to explain to people who have never felt it.

The project was a success and we got an A for the documentary and everything was cool but I really enjoyed myself that day and would love to do something like that again.

GLR87 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #71
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Stories like these remind me of the witch scene in Big Fish (the movie). You almost know it's a bad idea and that you'll be scared as shit, but it's one of those things you just have to do and have to see.

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #72
    Taylor/Martin

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Some great stories in here so far guys

Keep 'em goin'
    You mean you don't enjoy unfinished versions of song like Raven from tLWS? I really love the part when he goes "Rosingraysonthis" and "woahchagotyothang"
    Taylor/Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #73
    mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by breckbrew View Post
    The previous owner of my parents house died in the house.
    They found him dead at the bottom of the basement stairs (heart attack / fall). At any rate, every time their dog goes into the basement, she just stands at the bottom of the stairs and barks and barks.
    mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #74
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GLR87 View Post
    I think I've mentioned this somewhere on here before but new thread new deetz..

I created a documentary in college about people who "hunt" ghosts... Basically trying to figure out why they are interested in it and what makes people interested in exploring places that are known to be haunted. Well the majority of my group were skeptics but I was always interested in ghosts and paranormal events.

Well anyway so we went to this 150 year old library in NJ and we met up with the team of ghost hunters who were from South Jersey Ghost Research. They had all types of equipment and recording devices to try to capture something from the investigation. Well wouldn't you know that when we went into the basement of the library one of the most skeptical guys in my group (a college ice hockey player) was touched on the neck twice by something. He was seriously bugged out by the event and it made it into the film. After he was touched the investigators took pictures directly after he claimed to be touched and they found orbs in two separate photos that they didn't believe to be dust because of the size and shape of the orb.

The most impressive thing for me was the feeling I got when they said they could sense a spirit close by. I felt the oddest heavy sensation run through my body when I was filming one of the investigators. It felt like the energy was just being sucked out of the room and it's difficult to explain to people who have never felt it.

The project was a success and we got an A for the documentary and everything was cool but I really enjoyed myself that day and would love to do something like that again.

i wish i could do something like that, i got a book about the haunted places in MA and my buddy and I will check them out sometimes....but ever since I started watching Ghost Hunters i don't take any orb looking things serious.
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #75
    breckbrew
    Not a wook

My Tour Central Stats

This other time, I was sitting on the toilet taking a dump. When I was finished, I looked down into the toilet and there was nothing there. Ghost poop.
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #76
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    They found him dead at the bottom of the basement stairs (heart attack / fall). At any rate, every time their dog goes into the basement, she just stands at the bottom of the stairs and barks and barks.
    That's really, really freaky.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #77
    FunkyTeaParty41

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

i live pretty close to the old bartonville insane asylum that caught fire in the early 1900s

http://theunexplainedworld.com/BartonsvilleAssylum.jpg
    http://www.prairieghosts.com/barton.html

this place is surrounded by graveyards.. now, since it's pretty hard to actually get inside the building (people used to break in a lot, but now they have most of it boarded up), a group of us still walk around the graveyards at night with our KII Meters and all that good stuff. I get an eerie feeling about this place during the day, so you could imagine what it's like at night. The first time we ever entered the graveyard, our temperature reader that we had just randomly went dead. There were still 2 bars left of battery on it.. And once we left, it turned back on with full battery. That's really the only weird experience we've had there..

But if we didn't feel like driving the 20 minutes to the insane asylum, we would go to this really creepy church that is really close to us. The people who own it are stupid and leave the doors unlocked most nights. We would go in there every now and then because a few people we know have been in there and said it was definitely paranormal.. So fast forward to the second time we're in there. We had a video camera, audio recorder, KII meter, and flashlights. We went straight to the second floor because nothing ever happened on the first floor. The second floor was very scary looking, but i guess any dark hallway is spooky. We made our way down the hallway, stopping in each room.. When we reached the end of the hallway, we decided to turn around and head back to the stairwell. Right as we started to walk back, a short dark figure that looks as if it was against the wall runs across the hall and into one of the rooms. My friend Jeff and I saw it and we were spooked. After about 5 more minutes of looking in rooms we thought the figure went in, we had no luck. We got out of there and went home to check out our audio and video.. And on the audio recording, right before you hear our reaction to the figure, you hear this weird noise that is really hard to describe on the internet, but it definitely wasn't any of us that made the noise, and none of us remember hearing that noise when we were in there. Twas a creepy night, indeed.
    FunkyTeaParty41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #78
    Richard Belding
    My office...now

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

My dad died 2 years ago. He was a lawyer, really smart, and always on me about my grades growing up. About 2 weeks after he died, I started a summer class. It was an 8 am class so usually by about 9:30 or so I was on the verge of falling asleep. One such morning I have my eyes closed and am nodding off a little. I feel this poke in my thigh, like someone's finger poking you. No one was sitting next to me and there was nothing in my pocket. And it wasn't like a muscle twitch or anything, it was a straight up poke. I have no doubt in my mind it wasn't him. Needless to say, I woke up and was completely freaked out the rest of the day.
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #79
    DMBcubs3641
    Season over.

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
    That's the creepiest story I've read in here
    DMBcubs3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #80
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

dogs know, man
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #81
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Back in July of 2001, my family moved into a large two story house. So the first couple nights at the new house, my room wasn't ready so I had to sleep downstairs on the couch. As soon as everyone else went off to bed and I was left alone downstairs, there was an immediate sense of dread. Like I wasn't alone or like someone was watching me. Now, I'm not easily scared and I can usually logically explain things. I figured I was in a new house that still felt a little strange and I would get used to it. So I just brushed it off and went to sleep.

A few days later I was finally settled into my room upstairs. Well, one night I was up late playing videogames. I knew everyone was asleep and upstairs in their rooms. It was around 2am. when all of a sudden I heard a noise from downstairs in the kitchen. Clear as day, it sounded like someone dropped a plastic cup on the tile floor. You could hear it bounce around after the initial bang. So immediately I hop out of my chair, open my door, and walk to the landing over the stairs. I stood there for a moment to see if someone was down there, but no one was. Everyone was upstairs in there room. So I flipped the light on over the stairs and proceeded to investigate the noise. Once again, as soon I reached the landing at the bottom of the stairs I felt like someone was looking at me from the back of house. So I quickly walked into the living room and flipped on the lights. Walked right into the kitchen and flipped the light the on.

What happened next, to this day I still can't explain. I flipped the light on in the kitchen fully expecting to see one of our cups laying in the middle of the floor, but there was nothing there. As soon as I looked up from the floor, I kid you not, the phone rang one time. I saw the little the lights on it flash and everything. I must have jumped a mile. It was 2am. and I was exploring phantom noises and then the phone rang. But only once. And only the phone on the kitchen counter. I think I must have stood there for a few moments in complete shock. Then, my mom walks down the stairs and says, "Are you making all that noise down here?" I just looked at her and told what happened and I think she could tell by the spooked look on my face that I wasn't making it up. She told me that she had heard noises but didn't hear the phone ring. I know that phone rang. I saw it light up.

A few weeks later, towards the end of Aug. 2001, I was sleeping upstairs in my room. It was a hot night so I had my window open and I always sleep with my light off. Well, I woke from my dream the light in my room was on and my body felt paralyzed. All I could do was look around with my eyes. I couldn't even move my head. Then suddenly something caught my eye towards the foot of my bed, in front of my closet doors. Again, to this day I can't explain what happened next.

When I moved my eyes and looked towards the end of my bed. Clear as day, I saw a black cloudy mass. It didn't look like a person. Just like a black, misty cloud. It moved from in front of my closet doors, floated over me, hovered in front of my face, and then a puff of air blew in my face. I remember it feeling as if someone walked up and blew air in my face. As soon as I felt the puff of air in my face, I could move again and the black mass went darting out of my open window. I remember seeing the blinds move and everything. It was absolutely terrifying. I think I sat awake for a solid hour praying and reading my Bible.

The next morning I told my parents what had happened. I'm not sure if they believed me or not. I didn't really care because I couldn't explain it and I knew it sounded crazy. So, I was sitting my room the next day. Still fairly creeped out by what happened. I kept looking toward my closet doors, since that's where the black mist/cloud had formed. Then all of a sudden, at just the right angle, you could see that someone, most likely the former owners, had drawn what looked to be a pentagram on the right closet door. It was in a clear substance so when you looked straight at it you couldn't see it, but at an angle you could definitely see. I had just never noticed it before. So I showed my parents and they agreed it looked like a pentagram. I cleaned it off real well. I didn't experience anything major in the house again; just a few creepy vibes every now and then. I only lived there about another year before I got a job and moved out. My parents sold the house two years later. I was 16 at the time and I'm 25 now. I still have eerie dreams about being in that house. I'm not sure what was going on there, but there was something weird.

Last edited by antsmarching777; 06-09-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    antsmarching777 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #82
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

speaking of houses...

when I was a younger man, in Florida, friends of ours from Connecticut came to visit. After dinner in the sitting room, the conversation turned to our current house in Florida. The lady from CT said, "well, at least it's not haunted like your other one in CT!" As an 8 year old, I perked up! My mom quickly changed the subject and ordered me to bed.

Came to find out that the house I lived in from 9 months old to 7 had a history. The house always creeped me out a bit, because in the upstairs main floor (it was a CT house, split level almost, entry way led to stairs up and down, with the main house upstairs, and the basement a finished family room) upstairs had a large mirror on the wall, and I never, ever, ever walked down that without checking behind me to make sure a vampire wasn't following (the don't cast reflections, you know).

I learned from my mother a few days after our friends from CT left that yes, the house indeed had some very strange things occur there; When I was just about a year old, my father woke one day to find the front door wide open. Nothing missing, no one in the house. He immediately accused my mom of not putting the chain on, but she reminded him that he put the chain on himself. With 2 little kids (my brother was only 5) my dad became concerned. It happened a few more times, always in the middle of the week not the weekend, and again, nothing missing but he was sure that he had bolted it. And oddly enough, our dog (and Irish Setter that was rather protective of us kids) never barked, nor made a peep.

One day, my dad said, enough is enough, I will find out what is going on. He brought his gun home from work (he owned a liquor store at the time), and he, a bottle of wine, and our dog sat at the top of the stairs all night waiting for... well... something.

At around 5am, my dad heard the chain fall from the latch. He quickly focused on the door - it was chained and clearly it now wasn't. The door slowly pulled opened. It opened to the inside. The screen door was still closed. There was no one there, and the dog didn't make a sound. The dog was awake and didn't really react at all. My dad just went down, closed the door, and went to bed.

He woke my mom, or she awoke, and asked if he saw anything.

"Only a door opening by itself."

I don't believe it happened again after that, or if it did, only a few more times.

At least I knew why that house creeped me out as a kid.
    Old 06-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #83
    water_into_wine

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by antsmarching777 View Post
    Back in July of 2001, my family moved into a large two story house. So the first couple nights at the new house, my room wasn't ready so I had to sleep downstairs on the couch. As soon as everyone else went off to bed and I was left alone downstairs, there was an immediate sense of dread. Like I wasn't alone or like someone was watching me. Now, I'm not easily scared and I can usually logically explain things. I figured I was in a new house that still felt a little strange and I would get used to it. So I just brushed it off and went to sleep.

A few days later I was finally settled into my room upstairs. Well, one night I was up late playing videogames. I knew everyone was asleep and upstairs in their rooms. It was around 2am. when all of a sudden I heard a noise from downstairs in the kitchen. Clear as day, it sounded like someone dropped a plastic cup on the tile floor. You could hear it bounce around after the initial bang. So immediately I hop out of my chair, open my door, and walk to the landing over the stairs. I stood there for a moment to see if someone was down there, but no one was. Everyone was upstairs in there room. So I flipped the light on over the stairs and proceeded to investigate the noise. Once again, as soon I reached the landing at the bottom of the stairs I felt like someone was looking at me from the back of house. So I quickly walked into the living room and flipped on the lights. Walked right into the kitchen and flipped the light the on.

What happened next, to this day I still can't explain. I flipped the light on in the kitchen fully expecting to see one of our cups laying in the middle of the floor, but there was nothing there. As soon as I looked up from the floor, I kid you not, the phone rang one time. I saw the little the lights on it flash and everything. I must have jumped a mile. It was 2am. and I was exploring phantom noises and then the phone rang. But only once. And only the phone on the kitchen counter. I think I must have stood there for a few moments in complete shock. Then, my mom walks down the stairs and says, "Are you making all that noise down here?" I just looked at her and told what happened and I think she could tell by the spooked look on my face that I wasn't making it up. She told me that she had heard noises but didn't hear the phone ring. I know that phone rang. I saw it light up.

A few weeks later, towards the end of Aug. 2001, I was sleeping upstairs in my room. It was a hot night so I had my window open and I always sleep with my light off. Well, I woke from my dream the light in my room was on and my body felt paralyzed. All I could do was look around with my eyes. I couldn't even move my head. Then suddenly something caught my eye towards the foot of my bed, in front of my closet doors. Again, to this day I can't explain what happened next.

When I moved my eyes and looked towards the end of my bed. Clear as day, I saw a black cloudy mass. It didn't look like a person. Just like a black, misty cloud. It moved from in front of my closet doors, floated over me, hovered in front of my face, and then a puff of air blew in my face. I remember it feeling as if someone walked up and blew air in my face. As soon as I felt the puff of air in my face, I could move again and the black mass went darting out of my open window. I remember seeing the blinds move and everything. It was absolutely terrifying. I think I sat awake for a solid hour praying and reading my Bible.

The next morning I told my parents what had happened. I'm not sure if they believed me or not. I didn't really care because I couldn't explain it and I knew it sounded crazy. So, I was sitting my room the next day. Still fairly creeped out by what happened. I kept looking toward my closet doors, since that's where the black mist/cloud had formed. Then all of a sudden, at just the right angle, you could see that someone, most likely the former owners, had drawn what looked to be a pentagram on the right closet door. It was in a clear substance so when you looked straight at it you couldn't see it, but at an angle you could definitely see. I had just never noticed it before. So I showed my parents and they agreed it looked like a pentagram. I cleaned it off real well. I didn't experience anything major in the house again; just a few creepy vibes every now and then. I only lived there about another year before I got a job and moved out. My parents sold the house two years later. I was 16 at the time and I'm 25 now. I still have eerie dreams about being in that house. I'm not sure what was going on there, but there was something weird.
    This is called "Sleep Paralysis".
    water_into_wine is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #84
    thebridge15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well, I woke from my dream the light in my room was on and my body felt paralyzed. All I could do was look around with my eyes. I couldn't even move my head. Then suddenly something caught my eye towards the foot of my bed, in front of my closet doors. Again, to this day I can't explain what happened next.

Sleep paralysis is a very scary thing. At college I woke up paralyzed once, and below me (I slept on a lofted bed) was a hooded female figure just looking out the window.

When it happens you kind of just have to force yourself to move. It's happened enough to me that I've gotten used to correcting it.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #85
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by water_into_wine View Post

Thanks Tony Downer...

want to tell us that the Amityville Horror story is made up too?

btw, I drove by that house, well, my mom did, in Long Island on the way to her sister's house to 'show it to us', I buried my head in the back seat and cried until we passed it by.

I was 5, cut me some slack...
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #86
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the heads up.

From wikipedia: In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[8] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.

Well there you go. Sounds about right.

Last edited by antsmarching777; 06-09-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: 500 posts woot! woot!
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #87
    water_into_wine

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Thanks Tony Downer...

want to tell us that the Amityville Horror story is made up too?

btw, I drove by that house, well, my mom did, in Long Island on the way to her sister's house to 'show it to us', I buried my head in the back seat and cried until we passed it by.

I was 5, cut me some slack...
    Pussy.

FTR, sleep paralysis is scary-ass shit. I had almost the same "vision" as that guy with a big black cloud over my head. Except I heard buzzing in my ears and I began to have my body feel like it was tilting off the bed even though I was still.
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #88
    water_into_wine

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the heads up.

From wikipedia: In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[8] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.

Well there you go. Sounds about right.
    There was a thread on Ants about it and that's how I found out about it. Thank god I was aware of what was happening to me the one time it happened a few months ago.

Still doesn't explain your other freaky shit though. That phone ringing is crazy.
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #89
    antsmarching777
    ZOT! ZOT! ZOT!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    There was a thread on Ants about it and that's how I found out about it. Thank god I was aware of what was happening to me the one time it happened a few months ago.

Still doesn't explain your other freaky shit though. That phone ringing is crazy.
    Yea, ants is good for all sorts of random knowledge.

The phone ringing and the pentagram freaked me out but at least I can feel better about the sleep paralysis thing.
    Old 06-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #90
    venelis888

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I had sleep paralysis where a dark figure was holding me down growling at me. pretty fuckin scary, but its happens to me so much that im use to it now.

Also when i was in 5th grade i saw some little kid in my room wearing a brown tuxedo.
    venelis888 is offline   Reply With Quote