The NHL Thread - Page 1700 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #50971
Brohan_Santana

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread

Looking at the EC playoffs how it stands right now is what all the teams will looks like come playoff time. Florida, Detroit, Tampa from Atlantic. Washington, NYR, NYI from Metro. Bruins & Pens WC. I could def see Bruins or Pens sneaking into top 3 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brohan_Santana is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-28-2016, 07:58 AM   #50972
    hailtopitt
    Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Penguins are quietly playing great hockey recently & have the 2nd most efficient Power Play since mid-December

staying under the radar will be the tricky part. the quieter the better for the Pens
    hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 AM   #50973
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana View Post
    You mean the game the Caps won 8-0?

It was actually 8-2, but whatever.

Enjoy those zero Stanley Cups.
    Claude Giroux is a national treasure.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brohan Santana
    Can someone please tell me what a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is?
    ~Crashintome89~ is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:05 AM   #50974
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

In the West the Hawks, Stars & Blues are pretty close to locks. I could for sure see the Preds getting hot again and taking a top 3 spot from Stars or Blues. You would have to think Pekka is going to have some positive regression to the norm. He really hasn't had a good season at all thus far. Get Johansen & Neal going and they're going to be pretty Dynamic together. Still a lot to be desired from Ribero, Forsberg, Smith and Fisher.

Blues should be getting Allen and Schwartz back shortly after the break. Fabbri is certainly starting to heat up and could see his way in top 6 even with Schwartz back.

Stars just aren't all there. No production from Seguin or Klingberg as of late. Team needs to find a balanced attack. Though they've been getting good production from bottom 6 during this rough streak.

Wild will probably be the 8th seed though I could see Avs giving them a run if Varly continues his stellar play. But the Avs lines need to start contributing and clicking. Not sure why you split up Landy-Mackinnon-Duchenw line but if you do you got to make sure you get production.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #50975
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ View Post
    It was actually 8-2, but whatever.

Enjoy those zero Stanley Cups.

Enjoy golf in April. Should be a fantastic time

Old 01-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #50976
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

And I'm not going to touch the Pacific because that division is a god damn mess.
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #50977
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Enjoy golf in April. Should be a fantastic time

Wouldn't you guys know that just as well?
    Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #50978
    hailtopitt
    Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Flyers-Caps banter is more entertaining than i thought it would be

clearly a heated rivalry
    hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #50979
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I love the Flyers and Caps. First two Stanley Cups I witnessed were because of both of them.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #50980
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I think we just don't like Brohan. Barbs is cool.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #50981
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In the West the Hawks, Stars & Blues are pretty close to locks. I could for sure see the Preds getting hot again and taking a top 3 spot from Stars or Blues. You would have to think Pekka is going to have some positive regression to the norm. He really hasn't had a good season at all thus far. Get Johansen & Neal going and they're going to be pretty Dynamic together. Still a lot to be desired from Ribero, Forsberg, Smith and Fisher.

Blues should be getting Allen and Schwartz back shortly after the break. Fabbri is certainly starting to heat up and could see his way in top 6 even with Schwartz back.

Stars just aren't all there. No production from Seguin or Klingberg as of late. Team needs to find a balanced attack. Though they've been getting good production from bottom 6 during this rough streak.

Wild will probably be the 8th seed though I could see Avs giving them a run if Varly continues his stellar play. But the Avs lines need to start contributing and clicking. Not sure why you split up Landy-Mackinnon-Duchenw line but if you do you got to make sure you get production.

Agreed, though I do not think the Preds have the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs. Truthfully, I think (barring a fluke) we will see another LA/CHI conference final in the west.

As for the east, it is gonna be another battle. Have to believe the teams with the best chance at making deep playoff runs would be the Rangers, Capitals, Islanders, Bolts and Red Wings. No predictions on a conference final matchup though.
    Old 01-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #50982
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Agreed, though I do not think the Preds have the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs. Truthfully, I think (barring a fluke) we will see another LA/CHI conference final in the west.

As for the east, it is gonna be another battle. Have to believe the teams with the best chance at making deep playoff runs would be the Rangers, Capitals, Islanders, Bolts and Red Wings. No predictions on a conference final matchup though.

Preds certainly don't have that much to offer in making a conference run but I do fell like there's plenty of talent on that team to cause some havoc. Getting production from Ekholm certainly helps.

Kings have the ability to go to the conference finals but they're a piece or two away from making a huge splash. Muzzin has certainly helped as of late from the blue line. Kings will be the biggest players at the deadline for sure from the West.

Hawks will need to make a play for a blue liner and a bottom 6 center I believe but tough to see them going all out.

As for the East it's going to be Caps & ????? Really tough to say who the other team will be. Caps will be active at the deadline for sure. Laich, Latta will be the ones to go I believe. I think Richards for sure would be a better option than those two. Caps will get get a solid winger come deadline. Could be a top 6 guy to move Burakovsky down. Caps will also get another solid blue liner. Schmidt has been playing well but hard to imagine Chorney will be there come May.

Rest of East is full of teams with lost identities, won't know what will happen until March

Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #50983
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

My Wings have the talent and the goaltending for it but they can't seem to get it all going in the same direction long enough, at least as of right now.

Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #50984
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Preds certainly don't have that much to offer in making a conference run but I do fell like there's plenty of talent on that team to cause some havoc. Getting production from Ekholm certainly helps.

Kings have the ability to go to the conference finals but they're a piece or two away from making a huge splash. Muzzin has certainly helped as of late from the blue line. Kings will be the biggest players at the deadline for sure from the West.

Hawks will need to make a play for a blue liner and a bottom 6 center I believe but tough to see them going all out.

As for the East it's going to be Caps & ????? Really tough to say who the other team will be. Caps will be active at the deadline for sure. Laich, Latta will be the ones to go I believe. I think Richards for sure would be a better option than those two. Caps will get get a solid winger come deadline. Could be a top 6 guy to move Burakovsky down. Caps will also get another solid blue liner. Schmidt has been playing well but hard to imagine Chorney will be there come May.

Rest of East is full of teams with lost identities, won't know what will happen until March

Once again I agree on most of that though I do not think the Hawks have to make any moves really unless it is a rental. Kruger should be back come playoff time for the fourth line and can split duties with Panik or Rasmussin. As for their blue line guys, I have complete faith in Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, TVR, Scuderi and Gustafsson to set up the offense and contribute some points. I like the fact that Rozsival is a big guy who can hit hard but when it comes to passing, putting pucks on net for rebounds or playing shutdown D he cannot hold a candle to the rest of the guys I mentioned. Also, both Toews and Hossa are great at getting back quick to help out on D - true two way players.

Last edited by Lcsulla; 01-28-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Lcsulla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 AM   #50985
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Once again I agree on most of that though I do not think the Hawks have to make any moves really unless it is a rental. Kruger should be back come playoff time for the fourth line and can split duties with Panik or Rasmussin. As for their blue line guys, I have complete faith in Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, TVR, Scuderi and Gustafsson to set up the offense and contribute some points. I like the fact that Rozsival is a big guy who can hit hard but when it comes to passing, putting pucks on net for rebounds or playing shutdown D he cannot hold a candle to the rest of the guys I mentioned. Also, both Toews and Hossa are great at getting back quick to help out on D - true two way players.

Do you see Kane/Panarin/Anisimov carry the scoring? As long as Crawford stays healthy Hawks will be there. Crawford I think has the edge on Holtby for Vezina TBH, he's been carrying the Hawks just as much as Kane.

Something you really need to look at though is can Kane keep up the production? He's hitting territory this year he has never contributed. As long as he still has that chip on his shoulder I think he can succeed

Old 01-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #50986
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

John Scott opened up about the All Star debacle. So good.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

EDIT: Screw you, NHL.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 01-28-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #50987
    ~Crashintome89~
    gregdog love in pa

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, the NHL has looked completely awful in this whole thing.

I'm really hoping Scott just gets fed pass after pass in one of his games.
    Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #50988
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

I want a Scott all-start jersey cause fuck the NHL on this.

Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #50989
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do you see Kane/Panarin/Anisimov carry the scoring? As long as Crawford stays healthy Hawks will be there. Crawford I think has the edge on Holtby for Vezina TBH, he's been carrying the Hawks just as much as Kane.

Something you really need to look at though is can Kane keep up the production? He's hitting territory this year he has never contributed. As long as he still has that chip on his shoulder I think he can succeed

Yeah, I do think the Anisimov line can keep up the scoring, the more they play together the better they get. Honestly I can't think of a more formidable line in the whole NHL. Panarin and Kane seem to read each others minds and Anisimov is probably the most underrated center in the league - only because he plays on that line. Thing is they don't have to carry the team so to speak. Recently the Hawks have been getting a lot more production out of the Toews/Hossa/Shaw line and Teravainen is turning into a star and anchoring that 3rd line.

As for Kane, he may drop off a bit but not much - having Panarin and Anisimov with him up top along with Seabrook and TVR supporting him I really believe he can keep up this pace, maybe not quite as many points but I do not see some dramatic drop off at all in his play.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #50990
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    This'll be a top seller.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #50991
    UCFish
    Mr. Hospitality (Glow)

Shows Seen: 179

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Such a great article.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #50992
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    This'll be a top seller.
    T-Shirts are out of stock.

Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #50993
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Brilliant piece. Quickly gaining a lot of respect for John Scott which I never thought would happen. Seriously, screw you, NHL. Of course his kids will be proud, as they should be.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #50994
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

The NHL shouldn't get a dime from his All-Star merchandise sales.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #50995
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

His little girl wearing his Sharks jersey and the tutu...hilarious and cute.

Quote:
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #50996
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Came here to post this. Great article. NHL has done a lot of controversial stuff over the past 10 years and I believe they get away and a lot of it gets unnoticed because the media focuses more on Football and Basketball

Old 01-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #50997
    Brohan_Santana

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post

Could be a difficult one. I doubt NHL prints enough for the run. They will probably purposefully only run the bare minimum

Old 01-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #50998
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Doughty one right now. Those look sharper than I remember.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #50999
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

I'm gonna order a Chinese Scott All-Star jersey because extra fuck the NHL.

I don't want them to get money from my purchase. Counterfeit it is.
    Old 01-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #51000
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I try not to think about how young my daughters are, and how much they’ll hate the move. Or about the stress it will place on my wife, who is nine months pregnant with twins. Or about the fondness I feel for the guys in Phoenix — our group that no one believed in — and the pride I feel for what we’ve accomplished together. I try not to think about how I don’t want to leave.
    I'm not ordering a single piece of official NHL merch.

Tags
    #brohan1519