Cursed by the 9/6/08 show!!!!! (FLAC error msg) - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
crew355

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Cursed by the 9/6/08 show!!!!! (FLAC error msg)

Hi All!

I was at the 9/6/08 show in Berkeley CA, and it was an incredible show, except at the same show my girlfriend lost a meaningful and expensive piece of heirloom jewelry. I later got ahold of the show through a B+P and on the copy I got, many of the tracks were damaged (wouldn't download)... So I downloaded a FLAC of the show myself from dreamingtree (couldn't find it here) and left it in my "Azureus Downloads" folder (so I could keep it seeding to others) and cut and pasted it into a new folder, and tried to use FLAC Frontend (the only program I've ever used) to decode it to WAV, and I got the following error message:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
dmb2008-09-06.ccm4.d1t01.flac: *** Got error code 0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_S
TATUS_LOST_SYNC

dmb2008-09-06.ccm4.d1t01.flac: ERROR while decoding metadata
state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press any key to continue . . .

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

ARGRGGGGG what does it mean? How do I get this show??? If one of you can help me with this error I would be forever indebted. I've downloaded DMB without problem for years but because I'm the furthest thing possible from a computer whiz I don't know what to do when I encounter such a problem... (my FLAC Frontend is working just fine for many other shows I've downloaded)

THANK YOU!!!
crew355 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
    ShamikRocks

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Cursed by the 9/6/08 show!!!!! (FLAC error msg)

Try the following from sourceforge. I recommend dbpoweramp but you gotta pay (or you know ) for it and get the .flac plugin.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

# AutoFLAC for automated ripping and encoding to FLAC with EAC (ExactAudioCopy); also has a write mode for burning back to CD for an exact copy
    # dBpowerAMP, a swiss army knife that can convert and play many formats, including FLAC.
    # Flacattack: an all-in-one tool that works with ExactAudioCopy to encode a CD image to FLAC, embed the cuesheet, add ReplayGain, create lossy files, etc. all in a customizable directory structure.
    # FLACdrop, an Oggdrop-like frontend for Windows.
    # FLAC frontend, a Windows GUI, or the even more versatile Multi frontend.
    # FLACTester, can test a whole tree of FLAC files for errors and generate a report.
    # Frontah, a new frontend to many codecs, including FLAC. Still in beta but has good reviews.
    # GX::Transcoder
    # MAREO is a "virtual" encoder that can be used with ExactAudioCopy to encode to multiple formats (including FLAC) at once while ripping.
    # MediaCoder converts between many audio and video formats.
    # MediaMonkey can organize, encode, decode, edit tags, and rip to FLAC and other formats
    Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
    crew355

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShamikRocks View Post
    Try the following from sourceforge. I recommend dbpoweramp but you gotta pay (or you know ) for it and get the .flac plugin.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

# AutoFLAC for automated ripping and encoding to FLAC with EAC (ExactAudioCopy); also has a write mode for burning back to CD for an exact copy
    # dBpowerAMP, a swiss army knife that can convert and play many formats, including FLAC.
    # Flacattack: an all-in-one tool that works with ExactAudioCopy to encode a CD image to FLAC, embed the cuesheet, add ReplayGain, create lossy files, etc. all in a customizable directory structure.
    # FLACdrop, an Oggdrop-like frontend for Windows.
    # FLAC frontend, a Windows GUI, or the even more versatile Multi frontend.
    # FLACTester, can test a whole tree of FLAC files for errors and generate a report.
    # Frontah, a new frontend to many codecs, including FLAC. Still in beta but has good reviews.
    # GX::Transcoder
    # MAREO is a "virtual" encoder that can be used with ExactAudioCopy to encode to multiple formats (including FLAC) at once while ripping.
    # MediaCoder converts between many audio and video formats.
    # MediaMonkey can organize, encode, decode, edit tags, and rip to FLAC and other formats
    Thank you!!! I'll try all of these until one works!
    Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
    Crumbo

Shows Seen: 167

DMB Hub Stubs: 34

My Tour Central Stats

delete just that track and download it again

I'm Angela's Bitch
    Crumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
    crew355

My Tour Central Stats

It's not just that track, it's the whole thing. I just randomly cut and pasted that particular one. Unfortunately all the tracks have that error message... But it's cool; I just redownloaded two different versions of the show and I'll try again!!! Thanks so much for your comments everyone. Crumbo, I'm especially indebted to people like you for making this all happen