Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (11.19.10 / 7.15.11) - Page 115 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #3421
TrippingBilly95
... Up to something...

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (11.19.10 / 7.15.11)

I'll probably be Harry, I have the exact right hair for him, the glasses, and a crappy Gryffindor robe. I also have this custom Albus Dumbledore shirt I designed in a printmaking class, so I'll wear that too And I made my wand from this stick I found, it is LEGIT. I'll see if I can get some pics up.

On an unrelated note, I need a Ravenclaw robe and tie so I can be a true Ravenclaw...

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #3422
    magic stuff
    What's YOUR deal?

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

HD rips of the blu ray are hitting torrent sites if you can't wait for it to be released.
    magic stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2011, 04:51 AM   #3423
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Can't wait for my blu-rays to be delivered. It'll be interesting to rewatch all the movies after reading the books.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #3424
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by annie711pm View Post
    I'm jealous of your Snape wand Mine was some sort of HP official one for kids; it's the only wand I could find. It was either that or a magician's wand. :/ It lights up and makes noise, but it pretty much just sounds like a lightsaber. I honestly think a twig from my backyard would be better, haha.
    Your costume sounds awesome!!
    I got it at the Wizarding World...but your wand sounds like fun! That's what it's all about, right?

We all have to promise to post dorked-out pictures in here on Monday.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Can't wait for my blu-rays to be delivered. It'll be interesting to rewatch all the movies after reading the books.
    That's actually one of the reasons why I liked the movies so much. They are just really fun to watch after you've read the books and you know the background.

My parents have never read the book, so all through Deathly Hallows Part 1, my mom was like "what the HELL is with that mirror Harry has and who the HELL is the old guy in it?" They never explain that in the movies; Harry just has this piece of mirror and he keeps talking to it. But those of us who read the books know where it came from.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #3425
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Did she ask you questions all throughout the movie? That's the worst.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #3426
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by magic stuff View Post
    HD rips of the blu ray are hitting torrent sites if you can't wait for it to be released.
    particularly as I knew I wouldn't be buying the BR anytime soon, I got a rip of it. I'd gone back and watched parts of the movie sometimes over the last few months (from that Cam copy) but this is the first time I watched it over again properly from the start. I've been tearing up at all the same moments again

and, well this is a minor quibble, but I never understood why they made the change where Harry answers Narcissa that Draco's alive by nodding his head, rather than quietly whispering "yes". He's taking far more of a risk that somebody else close by can see he's moving. But of course, even back to the book, it was always a bit of a leap of logic that the entire time Hagrid's carrying Harry's body back to the castle, he can never tell he's breathing, as shallow as it may be

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #3427
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

Oscar season is just around the corner, and WB is really pushing for Potter. They launched a full "For Your Consideration" site a couple days ago: http://warnerbros2011.warnerbros.com/fi ... rrypotter#

Trailer 1 on the site is just so good. Never have I gotten that amount of chills and gotten that teary in that little amount of time.

They gave out booklets to Oscar voters, too: http://www.hypable.com/harry-potter/201 ... ar-voters/ I WANT ONE OF THESE. SHIT, those are cool.

Man, they are really pushing for DH. In all honesty, I think it has a great chance; I obviously want it to win everything. Especially best score and supporting actor. Alan Rickman was a god in DH. I'm not entirely sure what's realistic to anticipate, I need to think of more movies that came out this year. I think it has a shot at best film, but with films like Drive (which was AMAZING), it might be a little harder, with this being a stereotypical "blockbuster." But it's a blockbuster with heart, damn it!

Also, Pottermore really screwed up. They're keeping the Beta on for an unspecified amount of time after they gave out the surveys. It seems like they're making some major changes; people generally complained about things a lot. I'm so glad I got in when I did. It probably won't open until next year at the soonest.
    Old 11-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #3428
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrippingBilly95 View Post
    Oscar season is just around the corner, and WB is really pushing for Potter. They launched a full "For Your Consideration" site a couple days ago: http://warnerbros2011.warnerbros.com/fi ... rrypotter#

Trailer 1 on the site is just so good. Never have I gotten that amount of chills and gotten that teary in that little amount of time.

They gave out booklets to Oscar voters, too: http://www.hypable.com/harry-potter/201 ... ar-voters/ I WANT ONE OF THESE. SHIT, those are cool.

Man, they are really pushing for DH. In all honesty, I think it has a great chance; I obviously want it to win everything. Especially best score and supporting actor. Alan Rickman was a god in DH. I'm not entirely sure what's realistic to anticipate, I need to think of more movies that came out this year. I think it has a shot at best film, but with films like Drive (which was AMAZING), it might be a little harder, with this being a stereotypical "blockbuster." But it's a blockbuster with heart, damn it!

Also, Pottermore really screwed up. They're keeping the Beta on for an unspecified amount of time after they gave out the surveys. It seems like they're making some major changes; people generally complained about things a lot. I'm so glad I got in when I did. It probably won't open until next year at the soonest.

I'm sorry to say it, but I doubt it's got a shot at Best Picture nom. Remember they changed the rules yet again, it's not 10 noms, though it's not back to 5, either. Instead, when there's the initial, preliminary vote of ALL possible films, only those that reach a certain % of the vote will then get a Best Pic nom, so the number could be anywhere from 5 to 10, it'll be different every year.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #3429
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    I'm sorry to say it, but I doubt it's got a shot at Best Picture nom. Remember they changed the rules yet again, it's not 10 noms, though it's not back to 5, either. Instead, when there's the initial, preliminary vote of ALL possible films, only those that reach a certain % of the vote will then get a Best Pic nom, so the number could be anywhere from 5 to 10, it'll be different every year.
    I knowwww I just want it to so badly! There's no way it would ever win Best Picture, but with the way it was so positively received by almost everyone, it HAS to get nominated (in my book). We'll see what happens, all I really want as a fan is for Harry Potter to get nominated for Best Picture. I ain't asking for a win, just a nom. Please, Academy voting people!

Sidenote, the way they're doing the awards for Best Picture like you said is really peculiar. I'm very interested to see how that will work, and how many films will get nominated.
    Old 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #3430
    annie711pm
    Cheesus Crust!

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I really love how they're doing the best picture noms; it seems like it means that the best of the best will really make it.
    As much as I love HP, I don't think DH2 will be nominated for best pic; and I don't think it deserves that title either. It's good, but not the best film in the franchise. It's nowhere near as epic as Return of the King.
    Alan Rickman is amazing, I think he's the franchises best hope for a nom. Plus, he's just a kickass actor who deserves to have this on his resume.

That book is nice, but I can't believe this is what studios do to get movies nominated. It's kind of cheesy in a way
    annie711pm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #3431
    magic stuff
    What's YOUR deal?

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Something I realized as I watched part 2 again...the movies did a terrible job with the Ron/Hermione stuff. I never had any problems with them in the book, it was great. But in the movies it always seemed like Hermione and Harry would have been a better couple. Obviously some of that probably has to do with the actors chemistry, but based on some of the other problems I had I lean toward blaming the writing.

after rewatching it again though, I felt a lot better about part 2 than I did the first time. the things that differed from the book didn't bother me in the least anymore (except for no mention of Snapes loyalty during the final battle, but I gotta let that one go ). I guess I've separated the books and the movies finally.
    magic stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #3432
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

It cracks me up after all this time, this many views, there's still like any kind of small story detail that I can pick up on that prompts me to ask a question. but, I suppose that tells you a lot about me

Anyway, Dumbledore surely had to know that given the Ministry intially oversees all wizard wills to begin with, that they'd never let Harry actually take official possession of it thanks to him saying so in his will (even if they DID know where it was). So, I'm thinking Dumbledore bothered to do that just so basically it would be sort of on HRH's radar, as it were, from the very start. That, they may not initially know why, but they'd at least know that Dumbledore very much wanted Harry to have it in hand. Yes?

btw, especially now that both parts of DH are officially on blu-ray, I've been thinking of creating an edit where I put back in each of the deleted scenes I've found. well, considering Part 2's release is still so new, it's only deleted stuff from Part 1 that I know about and actually have video files of (all the ones that I'm sure you all know about as well). I mean I did download a rip of the blu-ray of part 2, and if there's deleted scenes on those discs, but I haven't seen any around online yet.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #3433
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It cracks me up after all this time, this many views, there's still like any kind of small story detail that I can pick up on that prompts me to ask a question. but, I suppose that tells you a lot about me

Anyway, Dumbledore surely had to know that given the Ministry intially oversees all wizard wills to begin with, that they'd never let Harry actually take official possession of it thanks to him saying so in his will (even if they DID know where it was). So, I'm thinking Dumbledore bothered to do that just so basically it would be sort of on HRH's radar, as it were, from the very start. That, they may not initially know why, but they'd at least know that Dumbledore very much wanted Harry to have it in hand. Yes?

btw, especially now that both parts of DH are officially on blu-ray, I've been thinking of creating an edit where I put back in each of the deleted scenes I've found. well, considering Part 2's release is still so new, it's only deleted stuff from Part 1 that I know about and actually have video files of (all the ones that I'm sure you all know about as well). I mean I did download a rip of the blu-ray of part 2, and if there's deleted scenes on those discs, but I haven't seen any around online yet.
    Sounds right

And I think it's weird they're not offering a bundle where you get both movies flawlessly blended into each other. Maybe for the special ones later, I guess. I would totes buy that.
    Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #3434
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sounds right

And I think it's weird they're not offering a bundle where you get both movies flawlessly blended into each other. Maybe for the special ones later, I guess. I would totes buy that.
    Oh I'm sure they will, eventually. Yet another version for yet more money. Didn't they do that for Kill Bill after awhile? An edition came out just like within the last 2 years or so that made it one giant movie?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #3435
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

btw, I'm looking at the blu-ray rip of Part 1 again, I just noticed something for the very first time. When Grindelwald is visited by Voldemort in his cell late in the movie that Harry sees in his mind, Grindelwald calls him Tom. It's very quick, right at the start, he says "Ahh Tom... I knew you'd come, some day". Never picked up on that before, so awesome

Old 11-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #3436
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    btw, I'm looking at the blu-ray rip of Part 1 again, I just noticed something for the very first time. When Grindelwald is visited by Voldemort in his cell late in the movie that Harry sees in his mind, Grindelwald calls him Tom. It's very quick, right at the start, he says "Ahh Tom... I knew you'd come, some day". Never picked up on that before, so awesome
    Sweet, I'll look for that next time! If there is one thing I love David Yates for, it's those minute details that basically don't even matter, but make it all the more awesome.
    Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #3437
    annie711pm
    Cheesus Crust!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sweet, I'll look for that next time! If there is one thing I love David Yates for, it's those minute details that basically don't even matter, but make it all the more awesome.
    And all the minute details that DO matter, he axes.
    Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #3438
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

The collection of deleted scenes from part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsZaXNMLjE

Poor Fleur, she gets all of two lines in the last movie, and one of them gets cut It is kinda cool though that even while it got cut, they at least still did shoot a bit of dialog of Bill warning Harry about dealing with goblins while at Shell Cottage. And we finally get to see the complete scene of Filch with students down in the dungeons that was briefly shown I think all the way back in the very first trailer.

Btw, the full blu-ray package that's coming out of all 8 films, Amazon does have it for a great price ($80) but beware, from what I've been able to tell each included movie has just bare bones extras on it (except for maybe the last). That all of the extras included on previous individual film releases, especially the Ultimate Editions that came out awhile back for the first few films, none of those extras are carried over into this bundle. Pretty much the only thing on each are trailers and some deleted scenes.

However, there is apparently some official word from WB that despite the moratorium that'll go in affect on 12/29/11 of the entire series, at some point later in 2012 there will be a full 8 film package released with the proper extras included. But I'm thinking, especially since it'll only be on sale for about a 6 week window, I'm going to try and buy Part 2 that's the BD, DVD and digital copy combo, even though I don't even had a bluray player yet.

edit - and just for completion's sake, here's all the deleted scenes from Part 1 as well http://youtu.be/lDLyFgnmf38

Last edited by junior94; 11-10-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #3439
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

quick question haha but i'm watching the chamber of secrets movie and mrs. norris is hanging on the wall petrified. who the hell hung her up there? ginny's not that tall
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #3440
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    quick question haha but i'm watching the chamber of secrets movie and mrs. norris is hanging on the wall petrified. who the hell hung her up there? ginny's not that tall

Nice, that's always been on my list as one of the more amusing little plot holes in the series I think it's that way in the book as well, that she's hanging on that hook or whatever it is.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #3441
    CarterisGOD41
    Ahh, It's Gucci!

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

IGN posted a great review of the Blu-Ray saying the picture is great, and the sound is AMAZING. I think i'll be picking up the BD/DVD/Digital from Target, their exclusive package offers an extra 40 minute documentary on the making of the films. $27.99 i believe
    CarterisGOD41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #3442
    TrippingBilly95
    ... Up to something...

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CarterisGOD41 View Post
    IGN posted a great review of the Blu-Ray saying the picture is great, and the sound is AMAZING. I think i'll be picking up the BD/DVD/Digital from Target, their exclusive package offers an extra 40 minute documentary on the making of the films. $27.99 i believe
    Ooh wow that sounds really good. I actually might get that one now!
    Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #3443
    annie711pm
    Cheesus Crust!

My Tour Central Stats

You guys... went to that play in NYC tonight and got to meet Severus Snape himself.. got his autograph and everything.
    I'll be squee'ing for years to come...flipping amazingggggggg
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #3444
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You guys... went to that play in NYC tonight and got to meet Severus Snape himself.. got his autograph and everything.
    I'll be squee'ing for years to come...flipping amazingggggggg

Sweet! I'm assuming you don't have any pics, else you probably would've already posted them

Old 11-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #3445
    jojo04
    Real Panda

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Why does Voldemort kill Snape so violently?
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #3446
    annie711pm
    Cheesus Crust!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sweet! I'm assuming you don't have any pics, else you probably would've already posted them
    Pffttt... of COURSE I have pics.

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/ann...137728/photo/1

I'm in the khaki coat, looking like an imbecile but MAKING EYE CONTACT. *hyperventilates*
    I told him he was my favorite actor and that it was my first time in the city, he smiled and nodded approval.
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:42 AM   #3447
    annie711pm
    Cheesus Crust!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jojo04 View Post
    Because Voldemort is an asshole.
    Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #3448
    jojo04
    Real Panda

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Because Voldemort is an asshole.

I can respect that.
    Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #3449
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jojo04 View Post

yea ya know it's funny, especially me with all the things I OVER think, it's never even really occurred to me before now, even in the book why didn't Voldemort simply use the AK curse to kill Snape, that he chooses to do it in such a painful, violent way. Particularly given the fact that Voldemort actually seems to respect Snape (if he's capable of the emotion).

Old 11-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #3450
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pffttt... of COURSE I have pics.

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/annie711pm/status/135254555096137728/photo/1

I'm in the khaki coat, looking like an imbecile but MAKING EYE CONTACT. *hyperventilates*
    I told him he was my favorite actor and that it was my first time in the city, he smiled and nodded approval.
    The khaki coat? so... you're the one to the left of (her right) the woman in the (what looks like) leather jacket? Only because, well I'm shit with clothes, if I'd looked at that photo cold I doubt I would've known yours was a khaki coat

But seriously that is beyond awesome. of course for me, he touched my life quite well even before that, playing the ultimate villain in Die Hard. I mean that was the first rated R movie I'd ever seen in a theater (I was 12 ) McClane's my favorite character of all time, it's the greatest action film of all time, etc

Tags
    katie is a gryffinwhore , katie is a whorecrux , merlin's beard! , p.s.: the bird bites , the boy who lived