**Official Berkeley 2016** - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #241
bodhisattva21

Shows Seen: 38

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Berkeley 2016**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
that's a helluva long range forecast

they can't even get tomorrow's forecast right

http://www.theweatherwiz.com
bodhisattva21 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #242
    lovemesomedmb

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    I hope to meet you.
    Thanks for sending my koozie back to me.
    Yes - absolutely we will meet! and you're very welcome. I'm glad I found it!

2023 Shows: Highland, Irvine x2, Gorge x3, Charlottesville x2
    lovemesomedmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #243
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovemesomedmb View Post
    Yes - absolutely we will meet! and you're very welcome. I'm glad I found it!

I really need to start researching and booking some stuff. I know nothing about the area.
    Considering stopping after my #100 show. Should I?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #244
    lovemesomedmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I really need to start researching and booking some stuff. I know nothing about the area.
    It's my home venue so just let me know what questions you have and I'll be happy to help.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #245
    bubbaugly18

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

So I'm really excited for The Rare Barrel brewery in Berkeley. If any of you home town guys/girls would be willing to start collecting bottles for me I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I'm not sure what I'll be able to get my hands on in the short time I'll be there and I definitely want to send as much of their stuff back to Chicago as possible.

~~~2016~~~ Charlottesville, VA ~~Moline, IL ~~ Alpine x2 ~~ The Greek x2 ~~
    Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #246
    bubbaugly18

My Tour Central Stats

**Official Berkeley 2016**

If you guys can confirm what you've grabbed for me I'd be willing to PayPal you for the bottles if you want so you're not out the money until I get there. I truly just want as much variety from them as I can get. They look like their sour's are out of this world!

Old 05-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #247
    bubbaugly18

My Tour Central Stats

So I've really got a hard-on for this Rare Barrel stuff in Berkeley. I was checking out their website last night and it looks like they have new bottles every couple of weeks. If anyone local is willing to grab 2 bottles of different stuff every time they release it I'll pay you up front for the beer so you're not out the cash and I'll grab you some beers or toss you some extra cash for holding it for me until I get out there.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #248
    fromchicago252

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubbaugly18 View Post
    So I've really got a hard-on for this Rare Barrel stuff in Berkeley. I was checking out their website last night and it looks like they have new bottles every couple of weeks. If anyone local is willing to grab 2 bottles of different stuff every time they release it I'll pay you up front for the beer so you're not out the cash and I'll grab you some beers or toss you some extra cash for holding it for me until I get out there.

AHHHH! I wish I would have seen this last night...I was there for their bottle release and snagged 2; one for the cellar and one for my cousin in NC that send me Wicked Weed stuff. They still had a bunch of bottles available and the tasting room was pretty empty considering it was a first day of release.

They always have at least 5 of their own brews on tap and bottles from the cellar that you can buy (in house consumption only and the price tag can be pretty steep).
    Old 05-20-2016, 03:33 PM   #249
    bubbaugly18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fromchicago252 View Post
    AHHHH! I wish I would have seen this last night...I was there for their bottle release and snagged 2; one for the cellar and one for my cousin in NC that send me Wicked Weed stuff. They still had a bunch of bottles available and the tasting room was pretty empty considering it was a first day of release.

They always have at least 5 of their own brews on tap and bottles from the cellar that you can buy (in house consumption only and the price tag can be pretty steep).

Yeah I saw that in house only stuff. Bullshit! If you go back ill take two bottles of every release from now until the shows and I'll pay you up front for the bottles plus bring out some good shit from Chicago for you!

I actually emailed them this morning like, listen dudes...I'll ship you cash for the bottles and anything you want from Chicago if you hold 2 bottles of each release for me until I make it out there! I'll even pay for the shelf space! You can imagine he response I got. At least they were courteous about telling me to fuck off.
    Old 05-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #250
    C_Fred5
    Slacker

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

How difficult will it be to find reasonably priced tickets for these shows? Just found out these are the only shows I can hit on this tour, but the shows are sold out.

But in the end I must confess that I have yet to ever offer my best
    C_Fred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #251
    laverwater

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C_Fred5 View Post
    How difficult will it be to find reasonably priced tickets for these shows? Just found out these are the only shows I can hit on this tour, but the shows are sold out.
    The second night isn't sold out yet, but probably will. So if you grab those, I'm sure you won't have much trouble finding N1s either here, warehouse, or cashortrade at some point.
    laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #252
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

there have been tickets on TM for both nights for awhile. i haven't checked in a few days though.

if you go search in the ticket forum, there's several people selling WH for both nights
    Old 05-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #253
    fromchicago252

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubbaugly18 View Post
    Yeah I saw that in house only stuff. Bullshit! If you go back ill take two bottles of every release from now until the shows and I'll pay you up front for the bottles plus bring out some good shit from Chicago for you!

I actually emailed them this morning like, listen dudes...I'll ship you cash for the bottles and anything you want from Chicago if you hold 2 bottles of each release for me until I make it out there! I'll even pay for the shelf space! You can imagine he response I got. At least they were courteous about telling me to fuck off.
    Ya they have a lot more to worry about than sitting on bottles for someone.

I promised my co-worker a crowler from fieldwork last thursday....and of course, I forgot to bring it to work on Friday and drank it over the weekend. So I do need to make a trek out to Berkeley sometime this week.

If they have bottles available, I'll grab you 2.

Keep an eye out for a PM from me in the coming days. I'm at work right now, but just wanted to drop you a line and say "Hey....I think I gotchu, but don't get your hopes up until I give you 100% confirmation that I grabbed you 2 bottles. We can figure out logistics/payment once we get closer to the show."
    Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #254
    bubbaugly18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I promised my co-worker a crowler from fieldwork last thursday....and of course, I forgot to bring it to work on Friday and drank it over the weekend. So I do need to make a trek out to Berkeley sometime this week.

Keep an eye out for a PM from me in the coming days. I'm at work right now, but just wanted to drop you a line and say "Hey....I think I gotchu, but don't get your hopes up until I give you 100% confirmation that I grabbed you 2 bottles. We can figure out logistics/payment once we get closer to the show."

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
    Old 05-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #255
    tbernsen05

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Hey guys.
    So I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets for a show that isn't at the Gorge (my home venue.) I'm still not 100% sure whether I will keep said tickets, or not, but I'm really thinking about making it to these shows. I have 2 warehouse tickets for each night. My plan would be to drive/fly (considering driving, but I haven't really looked into cost of anything yet) to California, watch the shows, and then fly/drive back to Moses Lake (where I live) and go to the final 3 shows of the tour (The Gorge.)
    Can you guys give me any recommendations? I'm looking for travel/motel/hotel/etc. Anything that might help me decide on my journey. I also might have an extra ticket to each show if my brother doesn't go with me, but it doesn't seem like they're that hard to come by at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    tbernsen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #256
    laverwater

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbernsen05 View Post
    Hey guys.
    So I finally bit the bullet and bought tickets for a show that isn't at the Gorge (my home venue.) I'm still not 100% sure whether I will keep said tickets, or not, but I'm really thinking about making it to these shows. I have 2 warehouse tickets for each night. My plan would be to drive/fly (considering driving, but I haven't really looked into cost of anything yet) to California, watch the shows, and then fly/drive back to Moses Lake (where I live) and go to the final 3 shows of the tour (The Gorge.)
    Can you guys give me any recommendations? I'm looking for travel/motel/hotel/etc. Anything that might help me decide on my journey. I also might have an extra ticket to each show if my brother doesn't go with me, but it doesn't seem like they're that hard to come by at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    do it! It's a perfect venue to see outside of Gorge, because it's absolutely amazing, yet so different.

I'm trying to see if I can make it happen, as I too have tickets, but haven't decided. We did AirBnB last time around, as hotels weren't very easy to find. Others may have advice there too, but definitely check airbnb.

As for driving, it would be a haul. If the shows were over the weekend instead of Mon/Tue, I'd say drive it, and stop by Crater Lake and camp in Bend, on the way down/up. But, I suppose it's up to costs and whether you're cool driving the 14 hours or so. You'll prob go through Crater Lake if you do drive, which is absolutely worth stopping for if you haven't been yet?
    Old 05-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #257
    tbernsen05

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laverwater View Post
    do it! It's a perfect venue to see outside of Gorge, because it's absolutely amazing, yet so different.

I'm trying to see if I can make it happen, as I too have tickets, but haven't decided. We did AirBnB last time around, as hotels weren't very easy to find. Others may have advice there too, but definitely check airbnb.

As for driving, it would be a haul. If the shows were over the weekend instead of Mon/Tue, I'd say drive it, and stop by Crater Lake and camp in Bend, on the way down/up. But, I suppose it's up to costs and whether you're cool driving the 14 hours or so. You'll prob go through Crater Lake if you do drive, which is absolutely worth stopping for if you haven't been yet?
    I've never been to Crater Lake. Part of the reason I'd like to drive is because I've always wanted to drive all the way down the West coast. It may be bad timing though, since I'd have to make it back by Friday.
    If I'm by myself, I'd probably fly, but I've gotta look into that stuff still.

Thanks for the recommendations and if you think of anything else, I'd love to hear it. Maybe I'll see ya there!
    tbernsen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #258
    fromchicago252

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Hey! Shoot me a message at lzahorak1@gmail.com so we can discuss some arrangements for this....please & thank you
    Old 05-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #259
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

I've never done Air BnB. What's a good price for the area? I know that's a vague question but it will just be me or myself and one other so we won't need anything large.
    Old 05-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #260
    laverwater

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I've never been to Crater Lake. Part of the reason I'd like to drive is because I've always wanted to drive all the way down the West coast. It may be bad timing though, since I'd have to make it back by Friday.

Thanks for the recommendations and if you think of anything else, I'd love to hear it. Maybe I'll see ya there!
    Crater Lake is possibly the coolest thing I've seen in the PacNW. Deepest lake in the country, yet a lot of people don't know about it. It's a collapsed volcano that filled with water from thousands of years of snow/rain. The ridge of the volcano is like 6 miles wide and you can drive around the ridge, or hike down and swim in it. Bluest water you've ever seen.

Quote:
    I've never done Air BnB. What's a good price for the area? I know that's a vague question but it will just be me or myself and one other so we won't need anything large.
    I don't recall prices, but I know it was cheaper than any hotel in the area. Granted, we had 5 people, so we got a two bedroom house. We were walking distance to the venue. My buddy booked one for just he and his girlfriend this year, so I'll ask him how much they're paying.
    Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #261
    bubbaugly18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hey! Shoot me a message at lzahorak1@gmail.com so we can discuss some arrangements for this....please & thank you

Email sent! Woot woot woot!!!! Beer beer beer!!!!

Old 05-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #262
    dryden2911

Shows Seen: 81

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Laverwater is right, Crater Lake is amazing
    dryden2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #263
    snake911

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If you pack up and leave the Bay Area semi early on wednesday you can be at Crater to camp by dinner (or near there, I dont think they have camping/hotels right at the lake), goof around there on thursday and then make the rest of the drive to the gorge on friday. My wife and I usually split the gorge drive into two days from the SF area and our overnight stop is somewhere between Ashland and Crater Lake. From Southern OR take 5 north and then the 205 to 84 and head up the Columbia to 97. quick, easy, and very pretty drive.
    Its not the coast, but its a pretty great little road trip.
    snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #264
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

i'm getting amped for this trip. why is it so far away?
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #265
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Southwest was having screaming deals earlier this week. So much so that I added these shows because I was able to fly round trip from SLC for $200. Driving the coast takes several days as it there are so many switchbacks that it is super slow going. I'm doing Gorge as well and will arrive home Wed AM then load up the car and head to Wildhorse as soon as we're loaded.

Gorge FAQ
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #266
    lovemesomedmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenzzjetII View Post
    Southwest was having screaming deals earlier this week. So much so that I added these shows because I was able to fly round trip from SLC for $200. Driving the coast takes several days as it there are so many switchbacks that it is super slow going. I'm doing Gorge as well and will arrive home Wed AM then load up the car and head to Wildhorse as soon as we're loaded.
    That's just nuts... #superfan

Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #267
    jenzzjetII
    JAYSWFT

Shows Seen: 90

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lovemesomedmb View Post
    That's just nuts... #superfan
    Whatevs. You're the reason I've mostly quit this place.

Gorge FAQ

Last edited by jenzzjetII; 05-27-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    jenzzjetII is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #268
    lovemesomedmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well at least it's not totally. I'll take it.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #269
    lovemesomedmb

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well at least it's not totally. I'll take it.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #270
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What setbacks are you referring to?
    Southwest did have great prices, I am flying round trip from Columbus for $240.