What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 2163 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-17-2017, 01:11 PM   #64861
rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What (besides politics) irritates you?

Mother of god, this chick I work with is the absolute worst. She literally doesn't understand anything and when you try to explain something to her, she just interrupts you and says she's going to do whatever she wants anyway.
rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #64862
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
    When telemarketers/scammers call, just mess with them. Tell them you don't understand and make them explain multiple times. Then make them repeat things multiple time by "saying what did you say" over and over. Just be relentless and they will hang up out of frustration. It's so funny.

Of corse that's if they call you at home and you got time on your hands
    I prefer Seinfeld's way of handling it. Ask them if you can call them at their place because you're busy right now and see what kind of response you get. Then whatever it is you just say well now you know how I feel
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #64863
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

my mom is coming up to visit for a few days. her flight was due to land just after 5pm today; so i decided to shift my work hours (i'm usually out at 4) and stay in the city a bit later so we could take the train home together. easier than taking the train home, getting my car, and then driving back into the city to get her.

She just found out her flight is delayed and wont land until 6:30ish it makes no sense for me to hang out in the city for 2 hours and wait. the next train after she lands, that we can reasonably expect to get, is the 7:30; and if we miss that, the next one isn't until 8:45.

so now i'll take a train home, get my car, stop at home for a few minutes, and then drive into the city to get to the airport.

god damn flight delays
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #64864
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr. testaverde View Post
    my mom is coming up to visit for a few days. her flight was due to land just after 5pm today; so i decided to shift my work hours (i'm usually out at 4) and stay in the city a bit later so we could take the train home together. easier than taking the train home, getting my car, and then driving back into the city to get her.

She just found out her flight is delayed and wont land until 6:30ish it makes no sense for me to hang out in the city for 2 hours and wait. the next train after she lands, that we can reasonably expect to get, is the 7:30; and if we miss that, the next one isn't until 8:45.

so now i'll take a train home, get my car, stop at home for a few minutes, and then drive into the city to get to the airport.

god damn flight delays
    Might sound silly but, assuming you're working in Philly (based on your location), why not just hang out and grab a beer or two at a bar? Knowing traffic in that area all too well from law school for three years, seems like a total pain in the ass to have to drive back to the airport from KOP.
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #64865
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M. Steng View Post
    Might sound silly but, assuming you're working in Philly (based on your location), why not just hang out and grab a beer or two at a bar? Knowing traffic in that area all too well from law school for three years, seems like a total pain in the ass to have to drive back to the airport from KOP.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Of course I'm pretty much always thinking that though.
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #64866
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In my case, the King of Prussia thing is a phish reference, not a PA reference i'm up in boston.

i considered staying in the city. i'm a fan of ponying up to the bar at the train station while waiting. but the problem is if we dont make that 7:30 train, and there's a decent chance that could happen, we're sticking around for a while afterwards to wait for the next one at 8:45, and not getting home till probably 9:45 which i have ZERO interest in. and mrs testaverde will appreciate that, with a 10 month old at home

so i'll take an express train home, grab my car, swing home for a bit, and plan to get to airport for 7. outbound traffic should be minimal by then

Last edited by mr. testaverde; 05-17-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    mr. testaverde is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #64867
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Home Depot isn't going to take a year+ old return. You might get store credit, but that's doubtful. See if the fan is still in warranty and pursue that angle. Also, I would recommend that the next time you have your central air serviced (if you have), just have them run duct work up there. Ceiling fans are a huge cause of housefires because often they're not wired properly and overheat easily. Trust me on this. I worked for a home warranty company. If you self-installed and you aren't a certified electrician or someone with experience, your warranty, if any, is probably voided.
    There's a short list of people around here I'm unlikely to take advice from.

Home Depot took the return/gave me the full amount on a gift card, which was fine because I was just then going to go buy another, maybe slightly better one.

Wired properly?? This thing is as easy as a light switch. White wire, black wire, ground.

Only bitch is I get to sit in my cramped 120°+ attic and try to get the thing into place again.

Last edited by GSUdawg521; 05-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #64868
    lazy lightning

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

The neighbors dog keeps on barking. The dog is constantly outside and it never shuts up.
    lazy lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #64869
    scrock25

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Stop bothering it.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #64870
    M. Steng
    Empowered & Informed.

Shows Seen: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lazy lightning View Post
    The neighbors dog keeps on barking. The dog is constantly outside and it never shuts up.
    An irritant as old as time itself; welcome to the thread!
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #64871
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lazy lightning View Post
    Don't be so lazy. Hit it with a bolt!
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #64872
    lazy lightning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Stop bothering it.
    I'm not bothering it.
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #64873
    lazy lightning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    An irritant as old as time itself; welcome to the thread!
    haha thanks
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #64874
    lazy lightning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    Don't be so lazy. Hit it with a bolt!
    Old 05-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #64875
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

This should also be posted in what makes you happy thread, now that it is over. Quick story:
    • In October of 2016, I was hit by a big rig on the freeway. Luckily only car damage. Guy did not pull over so I hard to go call 911 to get him pulled over, and he was cited.
    • His insurance did not pay because he denied hitting me.
    • 1st court date – he did not have a lawyer, but decided he did want one, and wanted a trial due to preserving his CPL, so he would not plead to any moving violation
    • 2nd court date – his lawyer did not show up, due to another tiral
    • 3rd court date – he did not show up, due to traffic
    • 4th court date – the LEO did not show up, and prosecutor felt more comfortable moving forward with trial with LEO
    • His insurance company finally paid up
    • 5th court date – his lawyer did not show up, due to traffic
    • 6th court date – LAWYER SHOWS UP…and the guy pleads no contest to a moving violation, because the accident fucked his ability to work anyway
    • 6 days I had to be up much earlier than usual (meaning couldn’t help wifey get kids ready), 6 days I missed an important meeting (court was always on Wednesdays), and 6 days I had to pay $10 for parking each day.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #64876
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

It's so weird being without a cell phone. So many times I've gone to call about something or, when I was in the car earlier (stuck in traffic) wanted to put on a playlist, only to remember that none of that is currently possible.

In addition, the phone I ordered wasn't available via prime so it's going to arrive sometime between Friday (not too bad) and Wednesday (WTF will I do!?!).
    Old 05-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #64877
    unccrombie
    HairSlkdBakWayfarersOn

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    This should also be posted in what makes you happy thread, now that it is over. Quick story:
    • In October of 2016, I was hit by a big rig on the freeway. Luckily only car damage. Guy did not pull over so I hard to go call 911 to get him pulled over, and he was cited.
    • His insurance did not pay because he denied hitting me.
    • 1st court date – he did not have a lawyer, but decided he did want one, and wanted a trial due to preserving his CPL, so he would not plead to any moving violation
    • 2nd court date – his lawyer did not show up, due to another tiral
    • 3rd court date – he did not show up, due to traffic
    • 4th court date – the LEO did not show up, and prosecutor felt more comfortable moving forward with trial with LEO
    • His insurance company finally paid up
    • 5th court date – his lawyer did not show up, due to traffic
    • 6th court date – LAWYER SHOWS UP…and the guy pleads no contest to a moving violation, because the accident fucked his ability to work anyway
    • 6 days I had to be up much earlier than usual (meaning couldn’t help wifey get kids ready), 6 days I missed an important meeting (court was always on Wednesdays), and 6 days I had to pay $10 for parking each day.
    at least you can go home to the wife and kiddos.
    glad you're ok.
    eff the court system and people's intentions
    unccrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #64878
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In my case, the King of Prussia thing is a phish reference, not a PA reference i'm up in boston.

i considered staying in the city. i'm a fan of ponying up to the bar at the train station while waiting. but the problem is if we dont make that 7:30 train, and there's a decent chance that could happen, we're sticking around for a while afterwards to wait for the next one at 8:45, and not getting home till probably 9:45 which i have ZERO interest in. and mrs testaverde will appreciate that, with a 10 month old at home

so i'll take an express train home, grab my car, swing home for a bit, and plan to get to airport for 7. outbound traffic should be minimal by then
    So i got to the train station and my damn car wouldnt start. Wife and brother in law came by, we called AAA and i took wife's car to go get my mom, whose plane landed early and had to wait over an hour for me to get there

AAA got to the parking garage but the truck wouldnt fit thru the gate. Driver tried jump starting my car and failed just like i did. Then tried shifting it into neutral to push it towards the gate but it wont shift. So now its gonna sit there overnight and I'll take the day off to get it figured out, i hope

You cant make this shit up
    Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #64879
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

god damn flight delays
    Why the he'll are you not just getting a beer somewhere close by?

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #64880
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

I would think his concern would be that getting the 7:30 train could be dicey which would mean they'd both be stuck waiting on the 8:45 train which would get them home much later.
    Old 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #64881
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

looking at rent in Boston.

Fuck those are big numbers.
    Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #64882
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I shouldn't complain about Dunkin Donuts trying to give me (sorta) free things, but hey it's the irritant thread.

They're trying to do a whole week of free shit involving the use of their app and every thing each day has just been a cluster. Have your shit together before trying to do something so big.
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #64883
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    I would think his concern would be that getting the 7:30 train could be dicey which would mean they'd both be stuck waiting on the 8:45 train which would get them home much later.

Exactly, perhaps that user didnt see my first follow-up post
    Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 AM   #64884
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

And Boston commuter rail on the first really hot day...just asking for a delay
    Old 05-18-2017, 05:35 AM   #64885
    mr. testaverde
    King of Prussia

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
    And Boston commuter rail on the first really hot day...just asking for a delay

Just remember this handy guide for the commuter train

https://imgur.com/a/KLWlx
    Old 05-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #64886
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

When you purposely park out in the middle of the lot so you don't get anybody next to you and somebody takes the spot next to you before you even get inside
    Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #64887
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

there are people in my parking lot at work who will park at the edge of rows where there arent defined spaces for some reason while there are literally dozens of empty spots like 20 feet away

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #64888
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Am I the only person that receives a phone call when they use PayPal? I've said it before but this method of payment is anything but convenient in the three times I've used it. Why can't I just log in and send a $156 payment without having to answer additional security questions. I put in my email and password and then validated my CC number. Now I get a call that I can't answer because my phone is broken and I'm nervous that they won't let the transaction go through like they did last time.

I've never been harassed so much over such small charges on a card. If these were thousands of dollars, I could understand the additional scrutiny.
    Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #64889
    YouNeverKnow25

Shows Seen: 110

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

gotta add a bank account man, makes everything so much easier and smoother
    YouNeverKnow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #64890
    TheLastPig

Shows Seen: 57

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

yeah literally none of that happens when you link your account.

you log in, send it and done

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aoeiifreak View Post
    You hit some nerves because some people rely on logic and facts.
    TheLastPig is offline   Reply With Quote