Release date? - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #121
Kook
boom

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Release date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
the website isn't up yet........................................and the video was a min long clip of basically nothing...the stand up site was a full fledged website for those 4 or 5 months...we dont have that yet...just accept that it probably wont be as early of a release as you think...and who cares...we are gonna have a sick summer tour WITH TIM!!!...they are gonna give us some great news either before, during, or right after the tour and then an album which could be one of the best so far...just accept and enjoy the process
of course i'm enjoying the process! i never said i wasn't.

the stand-up site launched with a little video, a brief message saying "hey, new album coming soon!" and the long awaited producer announcement. all of the stand-up videos were basically of nothing.

we received the producer announcement. a new website is up...just no info on it. but just the fact that we're seeing new artwork on a new album site, a video and producer announcement are clear signals that the promo department is at work. they wouldn't be if a new album was far, far off, like last spring, when we heard through interviews and rolling stone articles that the band was in the studio.

from a business perspective, it makes no sense for rca to pay for the new album website, new artwork and video without the precise calculation of building anticipation. why string along the hardcore fan base for over a year if the release wasn't targeted for late Q3 or Q4?

from the warehouse:
"Fans attending DMB shows this summer will be the first to hear the latest material from Dave Matthews Band as the band debuts songs from their forthcoming record. DMB is currently in the studio with Rob Cavallo..."

this indicates rca is using the summer tour as album promotion.

and tim on tour? maybe i'm missing something, but the only thing i've read is the statement from tim's manager cryptically saying that tim is committed to dmb this summer. but stops short of saying he's on tour.

now, im just playing devils advocate, but it could mean he's committed the TIMe for the new album, not necessarily the tour. i don't mean to doubt anyone. but i'm not holding my breath and refuse to get hyped over it until i see tim with my own eyes.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #122
    jh460

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

If you look at the history, 4 have been relased in spring/ summer (2 in April, 1 in July, 1 in May) and others in the fall- sep, oct, nov., esp live releases. So judging by the history, they like releasing before summer tours. I know the past can't predict the future, my guess is mid-September.

-all good things must come to an end so don't burn the day away
    Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #123
    smooth666
    Canadian Transplant

Shows Seen: 43

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kook View Post
    we received the producer announcement. a new website is up...just no info on it.
    what is the address to this new website?
    Old 04-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #124
    dmbfan101

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smooth666 View Post
    what is the address to this new website?

dmbnewstudioalbum.com/

pretty creative, no?
    Old 04-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #125
    berman1125

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kook View Post
    09? no way. late summer/early fall.

marketing is a well-oiled money machine. there is no way management and rca would set-up a website, record a video and send it out in emails for the fun of it. a new album is just around the corner. once promotion starts, they've already got their calendars set and a release date penciled in. the only thing that would skewer the release is if something bad happened. promoting an album for a year would be a ridiculous waste of money.

i agree with the general feeling...

stand-up came out may 10th. we saw that album website hit late december/january, right? 4-5 months later, give or take.

we saw the new album site and the video launch late march/april. tack-on 4-5 months and we're looking at august/september.

we'll hear the first single mid-summer, a perfect time to get the mainstream fanbase excited.

release a late summer album just as college begins, followed by short winter tour and it sounds like a profitable, predictable marketing move.

after reading that, i dont need to read either of your other posts.

how do you feel about that call now?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zrroot View Post
    Do You Remember has been played 92 times since 2017. Dreaming Tree has been played 99 times since 1998