The Flash (CW Show) - Page 13 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 01-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #361
junior94
not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Flash (CW Show)

I'm only on the third episode of season 3, but I feel like I'm noticing something that can't be just a coincidence. In multiple scenes now where we've seen this other speedster "The Rival", particularly when he's got the cowl fully on and we hear him speak, it sure sounds like they're mixing that guy's voice but ALSO with the guy who's the original Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash, this actor http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0504762/reference

hell even in one of the Rival scenes (but he's not wearing the cowl) it looks like they're even fully overdubbing Letscher's voice to the other guy's face. One of the very few things I'm good at in this world is I'd like to think I've got a good ear for voices/accents, and I really don't think I'm looking up a blind alley on this.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 AM   #362
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    although if there was one of those other shows I might try, the Legends Of Tomorrow would be the most likely. Since first of all it seems like a good many of the characters were flat out introduced on the Flash to begin with, and also just generally I can be a fairly easy sell for time travel stories. but like Arrow, particularly that it would be, what, like a full 5 seasons committment at this point? plus I feel like I've just heard of looong chunks of it being extremely sub-par.

Hawkeye's already easily the least respected and most made fun of of the Avengers, how could I watch a whole show centered around a similar character?

but hell even as much as I do like the Flash and am on board with season 3, I do roll my eyes a little at how hip/quippy the dialog can be, especially with Cisco, like it's just TOO cutesy. Plus it just feels like scene after scene, even the most basic conversation has such a life or death, WAY overdramatic subtext to it, but I don't know, maybe that's just a fundamental with comic books.
    We're pretty much on the same page, only I finally gave up on all of them. Arrow was good until Season 3, Flash was pretty good and lost me in Season 3 also. After having so many issues with both shows being too cheesy I didn't really bother with Legends or Supergirl. Legends was so bad, and Supergirl was about the same as Flash and Arrow. Funny, given our debate on Batman Forever on Friday night haha. I love that movie, even though it's a little cheesy and campy, but I can't stand these shows. I guess I feel a little cheese and camp is alright, but it's just too much in these shows. Chad said it best a while ago. These shows need shorter seasons. Way too many episodes that go nowhere and are just filler.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 07:23 AM   #363
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    We're pretty much on the same page, only I finally gave up on all of them. Arrow was good until Season 3, Flash was pretty good and lost me in Season 3 also. After having so many issues with both shows being too cheesy I didn't really bother with Legends or Supergirl. Legends was so bad, and Supergirl was about the same as Flash and Arrow. Funny, given our debate on Batman Forever on Friday night haha. I love that movie, even though it's a little cheesy and campy, but I can't stand these shows. I guess I feel a little cheese and camp is alright, but it's just too much in these shows. Chad said it best a while ago. These shows need shorter seasons. Way too many episodes that go nowhere and are just filler.
    I still watch all of these shows because I'm a massive geek and I enjoy the heck out of them.

But, still being a superfan and CW - the seasons should absolutely be shorter. The problem with the shows is their pacing. If you take out a lot of the filler, it builds more anticipation from one ep to the next.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #364
    TMoore4075
    RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I have no problem with The Flash, yes the seasons could be shorter but I'm still enjoying the show. Supergirl I've given up on because I just don't care about the characters or the overall story and I'm close on Legends. Arrow has rebounded this season imo but still could be shorter. Honestly I think that goes for most shows but there has to be some financial gain to keep these 23-ish episode seasons.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
    TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #365
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    yea I just finished the season 3 ep yesterday where they're trying to get one of the multi-verse Harrison Wells to come to Earth 1 (so the original can go back home to Earth 2), and they're looking at all the "applicants"... jesus christ, that scene was so cringe-worthy, him putting on horrible redneck and British accents. That shit is not remotely funny or clever.

but yea it needs at least 6 fewer episodes.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson
    junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #366
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I really enjoyed Season 2 of The Flash. Take out all the rom-com BS, the cheesy family/friend relationship junk and the atrocious attempts at humor and I would be much more interested. I felt as though Season 2 of Flash did a pretty good job at managing all of that, for the most part. DC should have made a deal with Amazon or something since Marvel already bagged Netflix. Daredevil is absolutely fantastic. 10 episodes, and it focuses on way more compelling characters and plot lines. They still manage to have friendship and romantic story lines without making them unbearable to watch. They build the character relationships in a way that is much less cringe worthy. But that's what you get when you sign up with the CW. Too bad they can't take it all back and restart all these shows. I would watch a 10 episode Daredevil-esque Green Arrow season in a heartbeat.

I'm a wicked geek, a DC fanboy and love most things superheroes, but not even that can make me watch these shows any more. Which is a bummer, because I absolutely love The Flash, and became a much bigger fan of Green Arrow because of the show. Glad you al are still enjoying them though.
    Old 01-31-2017, 06:04 AM   #367
    Chalmers4three

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I still watch all of these shows because I'm a massive geek and I enjoy the heck out of them.

But, still being a superfan and CW - the seasons should absolutely be shorter. The problem with the shows is their pacing. If you take out a lot of the filler, it builds more anticipation from one ep to the next.
    Agree Chad.....I'm too much of a fan to not watch but I don't rush to watch the night of or find myself quite as interested in the plot. I would be totally fine with shorter seasons if it meant less filler.....not gonna happen but would be nice.

Supergirl: not a fan of the whole guardian filler plot

Flash: love Wells in earlier seasons but the new Wells is a silly plot filler.....I don't mind frost and cisco filler and the guy who plays kid flash is a really whiny annoying actor IMHO
    Chalmers4three is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-31-2017, 06:19 AM   #368
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chalmers4three View Post
    Flash: love Wells in earlier seasons but the new Wells is a silly plot filler.....I don't mind frost and cisco filler and the guy who plays kid flash is a really whiny annoying actor IMHO
    Cannot stand the new Wells either. I was really hoping the Wells from Earth 2 would stick around. Even though he's a dick, he seems to fit with the team.

Tend to agree about Wally. I don't blame the actor, I blame the writing of the character. K we get it, he wants to do things and they keep holding him back. You don't have to keep hammering us with it.

Quote:
    Old 01-31-2017, 07:00 AM   #369
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    Cannot stand the new Wells either. I was really hoping the Wells from Earth 2 would stick around. Even though he's a dick, he seems to fit with the team.

Tend to agree about Wally. I don't blame the actor, I blame the writing of the character. K we get it, he wants to do things and they keep holding him back. You don't have to keep hammering us with it.
    I liked Earth 2 Wells also. Couldn't stand his daughter though. She was awful.

Too bad to hear about Wally. I was really digging him before I dropped the show, but did see the first few episodes of the season and did find myself tiring with his whining.
    Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #370
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Agree Chad.....I'm too much of a fan to not watch but I don't rush to watch the night of or find myself quite as interested in the plot. I would be totally fine with shorter seasons if it meant less filler.....not gonna happen but would be nice.

Supergirl: not a fan of the whole guardian filler plot

There are several episodes that I can turn on in the background while doing homework and pay half attention to and not miss any plot points. That should never be the case with a comic book show.
    Old 04-15-2017, 06:08 AM   #371
    Chalmers4three

My Tour Central Stats

Dammit I love this show but the plot is just dragging on and on
    Old 04-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #372
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, it's been mentioned in the past, but these CW shows would be served best by cutting down to 10-12 episodes instead of 20+. It seems like a lot of filler. The show would be more action packed if they cut down on the number of episodes in each series run.
    Old 04-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #373
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Yeah, it's been mentioned in the past, but these CW shows would be served best by cutting down to 10-12 episodes instead of 20+. It seems like a lot of filler. The show would be more action packed if they cut down on the number of episodes in each series run.
    I've found that watching them 2 at a time makes it more tolerable - that's what we do. So we're 2 weeks behind now (I think). gives em a better flow
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #374
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Even though they've tried their best to put in great filler with Flashpoint, Gorilla City, Mirror Master, the Crossover, etc. I still feel like this season is falling flat... hard to drag out a villain with a weakish storyline and not a lot of build over 6 months.

I'll always take more episodes rather than less though.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #375
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Even though they've tried their best to put in great filler with Flashpoint, Gorilla City, Mirror Master, the Crossover, etc. I still feel like this season is falling flat... hard to drag out a villain with a weakish storyline and not a lot of build over 6 months.

I'll always take more episodes rather than less though.
    The filler this year was much better than the past few seasons.
    Old 04-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #376
    sean52692

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The filler this year was much better than the past few seasons.
    I'd mostly agree. I wish the Flashpoint and Gorilla city eps were a little better but they're on such a budget at CW so I'm generally happy with what we got.
    sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #377
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Okay, so Calitlin's response makes me think Savitar is

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.
    Old 04-28-2017, 03:57 AM   #378
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

seems pretty obvious - that's a good twist too. I'm impressed.
    Old 04-28-2017, 06:24 AM   #379
    Chalmers4three

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Almost TOO obvious.....so much so that they probably should have cut that part or just went ahead and revealed. definatly got my attention though.
    Old 05-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #380
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Love this show!

I am re-watching the first season now.

Any also read the comics? I just picked up "Rebirth" this past week. So far it is pretty good.
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #381
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

So everyone's guess was wrong. I figured this out about halfway through the episode. Nice twist and I'm wondering how they are gonna explain some things.

Quote:
    Old 05-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #382
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

that's basically what we did too.

we think

Old 05-03-2017, 04:55 AM   #383
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    that's basically what we did too.

we think

That could be it.

Quote: