Hey everyone, once again, I'm going to be running the annual Antsmarching.org Album of the Year voting! PUMPED!
VOTE OR MFING DIE
! We had a few more voters last year then the year before, but I want as many people to vote as possible plus it's fun!!
1) Voting opens right now, and will run for two weeks. December 22nd is the due date. Results should come sometime between Christmas and New Years, I'll let you guys know when that gets closer.
2) Votes should be PMed to me here on Ants. Please number your votes. Even if your list is just 10 albums, it does me a favor by numbering them in order. Thank you
3) Lists are again capped at 50, with a minimum of 10. Please, if possible, send a list that is divisible by four (12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48). Makes things cleaner when adding up the points so it doesn't include decimals and saves me time.
4) Eligibility is the same as always, a simple two-part rule: it has to be released on a label, in the 2016 calendar year. Because voting on these take place in December, an album with a December 2015 release date may be eligible if it received no votes last year, and no one has any objections to its inclusion. The label thing is more or less my way of weeding out extraneous live releases. Live albums are eligible, as always, but only live albums that you can go pick up in a brick and mortar store. We've also seen the growth of popular mix tapes and online-only releases that don't fit into that label rule, so feel free to include them, as long as it's obvious that they were released in the Dec 2015-now range.
5) Scoring is the same as last year. #1 Album = 100 Points. #2 Album = 100 - [100/# of albums in list] and then all the way down.
So list of 10 would be: 1. 100, 2. 90, 3. 80 ... 10. 10
and list of 50 would be 1. 100, 2. 98, 3. 96 ... 50. 2
6) This has been a secret ballot type thing, so no posting your lists in this thread, even though it says voting. A list posted in here and not PMed/emailed to me will not be counted. But feel free to talk about the contest/your vote in general, if you want. Talking about albums and throwing out that so and so was #2 on your list doesn't ruin this. Hopefully everyone can wait the few weeks to post your lists in the results thread, to build some excitement.