1. Create a playlist of songs. It can have a overarching theme or feel to it, or just be a mixture of your favorite songs. Give your mix a name.
2. REMOVE ALL identifying information from the songs including artists, track name, genre (feel free to relabel tracks however you want, as long as it doesn't give away the song).
-Easy way for this (I found atleast) was to put all your songs in a playlist (in iTunes). Then highlight all of them and "create ACC versions" for all of them. Then you can sort you itunes by "date added" and all the songs should pop up at the top. Then put all the songs in a new playlist and you can delete all the info from those songs, while leaving the original songs untouched.
3. Zip up your mix and then upload it to a site like dropbox, mediafire, sendspace etc. (don't do it right away because some sites will only host it for a bit before the link stops working)
4. PM me your mix before February 18th. At this time I will take all the submissions and randomly send everybody a mix from a random person on here. Everyone will have their mix by the 18th.
5. Listen to your mystery mix and post a track by track review of what you received. What you liked, what you didnt like, and your overall thoughts on the mix.
6. When you see somebody has reviewed your mix, post in the thread with the full tracklisting and the link to DL so others may listen if they are interested.
7. Your review should be at least 250 words. This isn't a school assignment but put some effort into your review because I'm sure you'd like someone to put some effort into reviewing your mixtape.
I'd say the perfect amount of time for a mix should be about 45-60 mins.
8. You have ten (10) days to review your mix, if you do not, the mix will be given to someone else to review. I think someone brought this up in the album of the day thread, but there was an idea that if you don't do your review in the next 10 days, you shouldn't be able to do the next mixtape exchange. I think it's fair. Thoughts?
Please feel free to come up with cool names and album art work for your mixes.
Also, please post in here to let me know if you are going to make a mix (just to make sure we have enough people). Any questions, just post them in here.