I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.
Some general things:
1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal.
That's a massive change from where we were months ago.
2. His "repealing Obamacare" has changed, as well.
3. His Muslim ban may be out, too
Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."
Next, on the 60 Minutes Interview
1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities
, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"
2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law
, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.
3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."
4. Part of the border wall is now a fence.
Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."
I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.